是啊,那是一部有趣的片子
Yeah, that was a pretty funny picture.
你是我合作过最可爱的男主角
You were the cutest leading man I ever had yet.
我想也是年纪最大的
And the oldest too, I think.
你知道吗,其实你
You know, you're actually,
我也对别人说过
and I've told this to other people,
你并不是你装出来的那种愚蠢的金发女郎
you're not the dumb blonde that you pretend to be.
我觉得大家应该知道
And I think the people ought to know
你其实很聪明、多情善感
that you're really a bright, sentimental,
而且善解人意
and understanding person.
谢谢你
而这些全都是你的伪装
Thank you. - And this is a whole facade of yours
并不是你的真实样子
that isn't based on what you actually are.
你真贴心,太谢谢了
Well, that's sweet of you. Thank you so much.
我想你自己也知道的,Jayne.
I think you're aware of that, Jayne.
这算是你的一种表演,对不对?
This is a kind of an act you do, isn't it?
哦,这个嘛……
Oh, it's...
不过大多数人并不知道
Most people don't know that, though.
我觉得是这样的
I think that it's like this.
观众在售票处买♥♥票
The public pays money at the box office
是为了看我某种特定的样子,而……
to see me a certain way, and...
他们钱花的真值
And they get their money's worth too.
所以我认为这都只是角色的一部分
So I think it's just all part of the role
作为一个女演员我在扮演的角色
嗯哼
I'm playing as an actress. - Uh-huh.
你能跟我谈谈她在扮演的那个角色、那个人设吗?
Can you talk to me about the role that she was playing, the persona?
你觉得这个形象来自哪里?
Where do you think that came from?
这是影视公♥司♥想要的
That's what the studios wanted.
所以她某种程度上是模仿了,Marilyn Monroe
And so she sorta copied,Marilyn Monroe.
那是我,在海滩上
That's me, right there on the beach.
那时我头发更长一点,你注意到了吗?
My hair was a little longer then. Did you notice?
哦,Rock Huntington!
Oh, Rock Huntington!
我知道我秀色可餐
I know I'm oh-so-kissable,
但亲爱的,你何不先把香槟倒上
but why don't you pour the champagne first, lover doll.
我对那种声音有非常复杂
So I have had a very complicated relationship
的感觉
with that voice,
因为我不理解那种声音到底是什么
because I didn't understand what that voice was,
它曾经让我很难受
and it used to upset me.
我觉得Jayne也不喜欢
I don't think Jayne liked it,
但她……那正是让她走到那个位置的东西
but she... that's what got her where she was,
所以她也不会
and so she was not gonna--
你懂的,人要顺着能带你走下去的路走
You know, you go where it gets you.
我们家还有什么来着?
What else do we have at home?
哦,我们有一只豹猫和一只八哥
Oh, we have an ocelot and a myna bird.
豹猫?那种小老虎?
是的
- An ocelot? One of those baby tigers? - Yes.
“我有一只虎猫和一只八哥,
"I have an ocelot and a myna bird,
我们还有一头大象和……”
and we also have an elephant and..."
那就是她(的声音)
That's her.
但她并不总是那样说话
But she didn't always talk like that.
那几乎就是个角色。 - 是。
That's a character, almost. - Yeah.
那就是一个角色
It's a character.
那就是“ Jayne”这个角色
嗯
- That's the character Jayne. - Mm-hmm.
她有没有跟你说过她在做什么?
Did she ever talk to you about what she was doing?
嗯,我们并没有谈过
Well, we didn't discuss it.
那就是我们的日常
It was just... we lived it.
但她在家里不会用那种奇怪的声音说话
But she didn't put on those weird airs at home.
她把头发用丝巾盘起来,坐在阳光下
She had her hair up in a scarf and she'd sit in the sun
在家里不化妆,也不弄那些东西
and no makeup or any of that stuff at home.
而她就是,你知道的,只是Jayne而已
And she was, you know, just Jayne.
她很有幽默感
She had a great sense of humor.
我们家各处都装了对讲机
We had intercoms throughout the house,
每当我有朋友来访
and whenever I'd have a friend visit,
她就会对着对讲机大喊
she would yell through them
发出各种怪声
and make these weird noises.
但她口才也很好N But she was also very eloquent.
她会说法语、意大利语、西班牙语、匈牙利语
She spoke French, Italian, Spanish, Hungarian.
她也希望我们能接触到
And she wanted us to be exposed
更多的东西
to more.
于是她带我去了沃尔特·里德医院
So she took me to Walter Reed hospital
去探望那些从战场归来的士兵
to go visit the soldiers coming back from the war.
她对他们充满怜悯之心
She had such compassion for them.
她还想让我看看生活的另一面
And she wanted to show me the other part of life.
那不是一种扮演成别人的人格
That wasn't a personality pretending to be somebody else.
那才是真正的她
That was her.
我想知道当你
I just wonder how it made you feel
在了解她是谁的同时
knowing who she was
又在公共场合听到她不一样的声音,是什么感受
and how different she sounded in public.
那让我感觉不自然,对我来说也不对劲
It didn't feel natural. It didn't feel right to me.
所以我想我会有点选择性忽视
So I think I kind of looked the other way
当我听到那种,你知道的,公开场合的声音时
when I heard the, you know, the public voice,
因为我知道她真的非常非常聪明
because I knew she was really, really smart.
我要拉小提琴,接下来会弹钢琴
My playing the violin and now the piano
也许会让你想起一个关于Samuel Johnson博士的著名故事
may remind you of a famous story about Dr. Samuel Johnson.
有一次,他看到一只小狗用后腿走路
Once, when he saw a little puppy walking on its hind legs,
他说:“你不是希望他做得完美,
he said, "It's not that you expect him to do it perfectly,
你只是惊讶这只小狗竟然会这么做。”
it's just that you're surprised the puppy does it at all."
这就足以证明我不仅
Which just goes to prove that I not only
会拉小提琴、弹钢琴,
play the violin and the piano,
还知道Samuel Johnson博士是谁
but I also know who Dr. Samuel Johnson is.
你给她上过声乐和舞蹈课
You gave her singing and dancing lessons,
我记得是这样,Peers女士,对吗?
I believe, Ms. Peers. Right?
是的,她上过,Ralph
Yes, I did, Ralph.
后来随着她长大
And then as she grew older,
她还学了钢琴和小提琴
she had piano and violin lessons.
实际上,南卫理公会大学(SMU)的Philip Williams教过Jaynie
And in fact, Philip Williams from SMU taught Jaynie
他还希望能在卡内基音乐厅看到她演出
and he had hopes of seeing her in Carnegie Hall.
她就是这么有天赋
She was that gifted.
你知道为什么钢琴和小提琴
Do you know why piano and violin
在她的整个事业里没有发挥更大的作用吗?
didn't play more of a role in what she ended up doing?
哦,我不知道,因为我不能替她发言
Oh, I don't know,'cause I can't speak for her.
但我只知道,她的目标
But I just know that her goal
是她想要成为一名真正的演员
was that she wanted to be a serious actress.
她从一开始就这样告诉我
She did tell me that from the beginning,
而且她确实努力过
and she did try.
与我无关,不过你介意我告诉你
None of my business, but mind if I tell you what I did
我曾经对一个我爱过的男人做了什么吗?
to a guy I was in love with once?
我把椅子砸在他头上
Broke a chair over his head
因为我在派对上撞见他和某个女人接吻
after I caught him kissing some dame at a party.
估计他再也不敢那么干了
Bet he never tried that again.
不知道,那之后再也没见过他
Don't know. Never saw him after that.
不过他结婚了,很幸福
But he's married. Happily married.
而我也能养活自己
And I make a living.
相信我,把椅子砸在男人头上
Believe me, breaking a chair over a guy's head
的确能创造奇迹
can sure work miracles.
那种会把你整个人生搅得一团糟的“奇迹”
The kind of miracles that louse up your whole life.
她为什么没有多演那样的角色?
Why didn't she do more of those roles?
因为那些角色没再找上她
Because the parts didn't come in.
所以她做了她不得不做的事
So she did what she had to do.
Marilyn Monroe那美丽而悲剧的一生
Marilyn Monroe played out her wonderful tragic life
在36岁时以戏剧性的方式结束
to a dramatic end at 36.
她那著名的躯体被从她的好莱坞住处推出
Her famous body is wheeled from her Hollywood home
在那儿,人们发现她倒在 一只空的安♥眠♥药♥瓶旁
where she was found beside an empty bottle of sleeping pills.
她乐在其中的性感象征
The sex symbol she enjoyed being,
她绝对不是“愚蠢的金发女郎”,
the dumb blonde she certainly wasn't,
以及一位抱负被低估的女演员
the actress with an underestimated ambition to act.
妈妈非常敬佩Marilyn
Mom had great admiration for Marilyn,
但我认为她意识到
but I think she realized
金发人设就是个盒子
that whole blonde persona was a box.
大概在那个时候,她确实告诉我
And around that time, she did tell me
她想要扭转那种形象
she wanted to reverse that image.
是的,我……我不太喜欢总被问起
Yes. I... I don't like to be asked too much
我的三围
电影精选列表