我只是想......
I was just gonna...
哦
Oh...
你应该...是的 你应该继续
You should... Yeah, you should go ahead.
嗯嗯
Mm-hmm.
你确定 - 嗯嗯
You sure? - Mm-hmm.
是的
Yeah.
好
Okay.
你想要 -不 谢谢
You want? - No. Thanks.
呃
Uh...
我从来没有...
I've never...
我从来没有这样做过
I've never done that.
什么
What?
不 爸爸 这太疯狂了
No, Dad, that's crazy.
呃......这里
Um... Here.
你绝对不必这样做
You definitely don't have to.
是的
Yeah.
你不...
You don't...
我很好
I'm fine.
我很好
I'm fine.
这很好
This is nice.
是的
Yeah.
好吧 你看起来不是很好看吗
Well, don't you look nice.
谢谢
Thank you.
嘿
Hey.
你来得早
You're early.
我是吗 - 你准备好烘烤了吗
Am I? - You ready to bake?
这是我哥哥比尔最喜欢的蛋糕
This is my brother Bill's favorite cake.
这是给他的吗
Is this for him?
不 他在明尼阿波利斯 他为双胞胎工作
No, he's in Minneapolis. He works for the Twins.
哪个双胞胎
Which twins?
这是一支职业棒球队
It's a professional baseball team.
哦 当然 - 嗯嗯
Oh, of course. - Mm-hmm.
他在高中时是棒球队的队长
He was captain of the baseball team in high school,
然后他打过大学球 现在他是一名职业投球教练
and then he played college ball, and now he's a professional pitching coach.
我要像这样把它铺在底部
I'm gonna spread it around in the bottom like this.
从小到大 他总是那么保护我
He was always so protective of me growing up,
尽管他更年轻
even though he was younger.
每当男孩靠近我时 他都会把他们扔到储物柜上
Whenever boys would get near me, he'd throw them up against the locker,
并说:“你的意图是什么
and say, "What are your intentions?"
他们的意图是什么
What were their intentions?
好了 现在 你要把樱桃放进去
Okay, now, you are going to put the cherries
在锅底...
at the bottom of the pan...
喜欢这个
like this.
并且做得很好 因为它的外观真的很重要
And do it nicely, because it really does matter how it looks.
太好了 -谢谢
That's very nice. - Thank you.
你知道 乔和女人在一起的次数比我和男人在一起的次数还多
You know, Joe's been with more women than I have men.
是吗
Is that right?
似乎没有人记得这一点
Nobody seems to remember that.
我只和汤姆在一起
I'd only been with Tom.
但是在我之前 乔已经和两个女孩在一起了
But Joe'd been with two girls before me.
当他上七年级的时候
When he was in the seventh grade?
他过着与我截然不同的生活
He led a very different life than me.
他的父亲一直在工作 所以他是家里的男人
His father was always working, so he was the man of the house,
他几乎独自照顾他的小妹妹
and he took care of his little sisters pretty much on his own.
其中一人患有可怕的哮喘
One of them had terrible asthma.
他很快就长大了
He grew up very quickly.
我非常受庇护
And I was very sheltered.
我想向你展示一些东西
I wanna show you something.
呃......
Um...
乔当时把这个给了我
Joe gave this to me back then.
我觉得这很可爱
I think it's lovely.
“夏天坐在湖边 和平 ”
"Peace is sitting on a lake in the summertime."
“和平是炎热夏日里的可口可乐 ”
"Peace is a Coca-Cola on a hot summer day."
“平安与你同在 ”
"Peace is being with you."
作业是“什么是和平
The assignment was "What is peace?"
你真是个特别的人
You're such a special person.
爸爸 请停下来 这太奇怪了
Dad, please, stop. This is so weird.
我是认真的
I really mean it.
你们是男孩子吗
Are you boys up there?
是的
Yeah.
加里波第说他们可以在7:00带我们去 听起来怎么样
Garibaldi's said they can take us at 7:00. How does that sound?
这听起来很棒 谢谢 妈妈
That sounds great. Thanks, Mom.
乔
Joe!
你没事吧 -我没事
Are you all right? - I'm okay.
我只是在想 如果......
I was just thinking, what if...
我有... - 亲爱的 I..我听不见
I had... - Honey, I.. I can't hear you.
...拍摄我自己的X光片 - 我听不到你在说什么
...to take my own X-rays. - I can't hear what you're saying.
一切都很好 我们一会儿就在那里见到你
Everything's fine. We'll meet you down there in a second.
也许这不是最好的主意
Maybe this wasn't the best idea.
我觉得一切都搞砸了
I feel like everything's so fucked up.
不是的 爸爸 没关系
It's not, Dad. It's all right.
我只想让你过上好日子 -我会的
I just want you to have a good life. - I will.
因为
Because...
因为
Because...
...坏事 它们会发生
...bad things, they happen.
我们也做坏事
And we do bad things also.
我们必须考虑这些事情
And we have to think about those things.
如果我们试着不去想它 就会有这个......
If we try not to think about it, there's this...
你明白我的意思吗 - 是的 我知道 爸爸
Do you know what I mean? - Yeah, I know, Dad.
天哪 我分不清我们是否在联♥系♥
God, I can't tell if we're connecting
或者如果我实时为你创造了一个不好的记忆 但我无能为力
or if I'm creating a bad memory for you in real time, but I can't help it.
不 我们正在联♥系♥ 爸爸 没关系
No, we're connecting, Dad. It's okay.
没关系
It's okay.
别担心我
Don't worry about me.
这就是我所做的一切
It's all I do.
我很高兴Honor能够及时完成她的决赛
I'm so glad that Honor was able to finish her finals in time
回家看我们美丽的玛丽
to come home to watch our beautiful Mary,
明天 我们温柔的查理走过那个舞台
and our gentle Charlie walk across that stage tomorrow.
我为你们俩感到无比自豪
I couldn't be prouder of both of you.
对于乔 我生命中的男人
And to Joe, the man of my life,
这是一起进入下一阶段
here's to entering this next phase together.
当我们的小家伙飞离巢穴时 他们知道他们总是可以回家
As our little ones fly away from the nest, they know they can always come home.
干杯
Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
你忘了某人
You forgot someone.
伊丽莎白 我们很高兴你能在这个非常特殊的时刻和我们在一起
Elizabeth, we're so happy you could be with us at this very special time.
谢谢
Thank you.
干杯
Cheers.
毫米 这很好吃 -毫米
Mm. This is delicious. - Mm.
荣誉 等我们回到家 我会给你看看我们给妹准备的毕业典礼
Honor, when we get home, I'll show you what we got your sister for graduation.
是秤吗
Is it a scale?
对不起
Excuse me?
当我毕业时 你给我买♥♥了一台秤
When I graduated, you got me a scale.
这只是让你在新地方安顿下来的一部分
That was just part of setting you up at your new place.
你很清楚那不是你的毕业礼物
You know perfectly well that wasn't your graduation present.
它裹着蝴蝶结
It came wrapped in a bow.
我们给她买♥♥了一条项链 里面有她的生日石
We got her a necklace with her birthstone in it.
就像我们得到了你的妹妹一样 但我看你没有穿你的
Just like we got your sister. But I see you're not wearing yours.
你什么时候开始拍摄这部电影
When do you start shooting this movie?
大约三周后
In about three weeks.
很快就到了 嗯
It's soon. Hm.
希望你没有那样做 -荣誉
Wish you weren't doing that. - Honor.
我能理解 答案是肯定的
I can understand that. Of course.
我希望最后你会觉得它有话要说
I hope in the end that you'll feel it had something to say,
我们捕捉到了一些真实的东西
and that we captured something true.
没错 就像你参加这个毕业晚宴一点也不尴尬一样
True like how it isn't awkward at all that you're at this graduation dinner?
乔 你能-- -什么
Joe, can you-- - What?
你能做点什么吗 -比如
Can you do something? - Like what?
电影精选列表