你
You.
你闻起来像木炭
You smell like charcoal.
烟
Smoke.
对不起
Excuse me?
我们有一个燃气烤架 所以你一定闻到烟味
We have a gas grill, so you just must be smelling smoke.
是的 好吧 它把床单弄臭了
Yeah, well, it's stinking up the sheets.
你想让我洗澡吗
Do you want me to shower?
我想要的是让你在进去之前先洗个澡
What I want is for you to have showered before you get in.
还是烟熏味
Still smokey.
不好意思
Sorry.
好
Okay?
好
Okay.
一切都很好
Everything's fine.
好
Okay.
你从你的果岭开始作为基础
You start with your greens as a base,
然后你选择你的焦点花
and then you choose your focus flower.
怎么样 -诸如此类
How's that? - Like that?
是的 -是的
Yes. - Yes.
我不喜欢这部分
I don't like this part.
所以 我的兄弟斯科特是海军少将
So, my brother, Scott, is a Rear Admiral in the Navy,
他说 秩序本身就是回报
and he says that order is its own reward.
嗯 太漂亮了 -哦
Well, that is so pretty. - Oh.
谢谢 是的
Thank you. Yeah.
你定了一个日期
You set a date?
不 我们太忙了
No, we've been so busy.
当感觉合适时 我们会弄清楚
We'll figure it out down the line when it feels right.
嗯嗯
Mm-hmm.
明白了
I see.
美丽 女士们
Beautiful, ladies.
哦 谢谢你 莉迪亚 这是伊丽莎白
Oh. Thank you, Lydia. This is Elizabeth.
她在电影中扮演我 所以我试图向她展示一段美好的时光
She's playing me in a movie, so I'm trying to show her a good time.
我不怀疑
That I don't doubt.
你为什么要玩我
Why do you want to play me?
呃
Uh...
当他们把剧本发给我时 我只是想......
When they sent me the script, I just thought...
现在这里有一个女人
now here is a woman
对她来说 比
with a lot more to her than
我记得从小报和我们的...
I remember from the tabloids and our...
文化记忆
cultural memory.
呃......
Um...
我真的没有考虑过这一切
I don't really think about all that.
你从来不纠结于过去吗
You don't ever dwell on the past?
我的盘子很满
I have my plate pretty full.
毫米
Mm.
我的意思是 我知道 就我个人而言
I mean, I know that for me, personally,
过去压在我身上
the past weighs on me.
你知道 我做过的决定 或者人际关系
You know, decisions I've made, or relationships.
所以你只是坐在那里 想想你的历史和你的行为
So you just sit there and you think about your history and your behavior.
是的 有时
Yeah, sometimes.
非常感谢你邀请我来你家吃晚饭
Thank you so much for having me here for dinner in your home.
真的......这意义重大
It really... It means a lot.
哦 “当然
Oh. 'Course.
很遗憾玛丽今晚不能加入我们 但她在她朋友家
It's a shame that Mary couldn't join us tonight, but she's at her friend's.
我不想要这个
I don't want this.
你在这儿
There you are.
妈妈-- -查理 网站
Mama-- - Charlie, sit.
他有严重的缺钙症 不是吗
He's got a severe calcium deficiency, don't you?
毫米
Mm.
这很好吃
This is delicious.
这是 Atherton-Yoo 的特色菜 -毫米
It's an Atherton-Yoo specialty. - Mm.
是squab吗 - 不 鹌鹑 我自己把它们带回家了
Is it squab? - No, quail. I brought them home myself.
你开枪了 嗯......
You shot and, um...
自己炸鹌鹑 - 嗯嗯
fried the quail yourself? - Mm-hmm.
格雷西一直在打猎
Gracie hunts all the time.
我爸爸教过我
My daddy taught me.
我从小就开始和他和我的兄弟们一起去 大概四五岁
I started going with him and my brothers when I was young, like four or five.
了不起 这是在弗吉尼亚州
Amazing. This was in Virginia?
嗯 田纳西州
Um, Tennessee.
田纳西州 然后是伊利诺伊州 然后是蒙大拿州 然后是弗吉尼亚州
Tennessee, and then Illinois, and then Montana, and then Virginia.
查理 吃吧
Charlie, eat.
我真的不饿 我吃了一顿晚饭
I'm really not hungry. I had a late lunch.
什么 你的小零食
What, your little gushy treats?
你以为我多大了
How old do you think I am?
我希望你在上大学时看起来很强壮
I want you to look strong when you go to college.
你需要你的营养 他们会认为你跳级了什么的
You need your nutrients. They're gonna think you skipped a grade or something.
我可以原谅吗
Can I be excused?
男孩子很辛苦
Boys are hard.
那么 一直搬家 不得不连根拔起你的生活 以及......
So what was it like moving all the time, having to uproot your life, and...
这只是我的生活 我已经习惯了
It was just my life. I was used to it.
无论我走到哪里 我都结交了朋友 我和我的兄弟们非常亲近
I made friends wherever I went, I was very close to my brothers.
嗯
Hmm.
我觉得我的童年是非凡的
I think my childhood was exceptional.
我有很多问题要问你们俩 但请......
I have a lot of questions for both of you, but please...
请告诉我这是否是最佳时机
Please tell me if this is not the best time.
这是一段美好的时光
It's as good a time as any.
伟大
Great.
谢谢
Thank you.
我想问你关于盒子的事情 包
I wanted to ask you about the box. The package.
那又如何呢
What about it?
我的意思是 这是例行公事吗
I mean, is that a routine occurrence?
比以前少了很多 -毫米
It's a lot less than it used to be. - Mm.
你有没有考虑过离开这个城市
Did you ever consider leaving town?
我们为什么要离开
Why should we be the ones that leave?
是的 我们全家都在这里 我爸爸 格雷西的孩子们
Yeah, our whole family's here. My dad. Gracie's kids.
毫米
Mm.
你还记得你们第一次见面是什么时候吗
Do you remember when you first met?
我真的不知道
I don't really.
我不知道 让我想想
I don't know. Let me see.
我遇见了乔......
I met Joe...
呃......
Um...
嗯 我记得知道他的家人
Well, I remember knowing of his family.
他们是附近唯一的韩国家庭
They were the only Korean family in the neighborhood.
半 -是的
Half. - Yes.
我的儿子乔治和乔在学校同年
And my son Georgie was in the same year as Joe at school,
所以从技术上讲 我会在那里见到他 但我对此没有任何记忆
so technically I would have met him there, but I don't have any memory of that.
右 - 嗯......
Right. - Um...
这 岛上的每个人都非常紧密
The... Everyone's pretty close-knit here on the island,
你有点认出每个人
and you kind of recognize everyone.
有一段时间 他对乔吉更友好
There was a point when he was friendlier with Georgie,
但直到他来宠物店找工作 我才真正♥见♥到他
but I didn't really meet him until he came to the pet store looking for a job.
那是六年级后的夏天
That was summer after sixth grade?
第七
Seventh.
然后他开始在放学后和周末在那里工作
And then he started working there after school and on the weekends.
和
And...
和乔吉在一起怎么样 你们的友谊
what's it like with Georgie, your friendship?
从那以后 我就没怎么和乔治说过话了
I haven't really talked to Georgie much since then.
乔吉非常敏感 他总是非常非常敏感
Georgie's very sensitive. He always was very, very sensitive.
你和他和其他孩子的关系如何
What's your relationship like with him and your other kids?
这有什么关系
How is that relevant?
呃......
Um...
据我所知 这部电影发生在 1992 年至 1994 年之间 我错了吗
It's my understanding that the movie takes place between 1992 and 1994, am I wrong?
那么 为什么你需要知道之后发生的任何事情呢
So why would you need to know anything that happened after that?
嗯 嗯......
Well, um...
有些东西是存在的
There are things that exist
在不一定的人里面
inside people that don't necessarily
等到以后再来 我试着寻找这些东西的种子
come to head until later and I try and look for the seeds of those things.
呃......
Um...
嗯嗯
Mm-hmm.
当然 我和乔吉谈过
Of course I talk to Georgie.
还有比利 还有卡西迪 我是他们的妈妈 - 卡西迪上次才来......
And to Billy. And Cassidy. I'm their mom. - Cassidy was just here last...
电影精选列表