它是什么 我们将在毕业典礼上见到每个人
What was it? And we'll see everyone at graduation.
这对双胞胎与卡西迪的儿子彼得(我的孙子)同年级
The twins are in the same grade as Cassidy's son Peter, my grandson.
所以我们都会一起参加毕业典礼 欢迎你来
So we'll all be at graduation together, which you're welcome to come to,
如果你还在这里
if you're still here.
谢谢
Thank you.
我希望你能为甜点留出一些空间
I hope that you are saving some room for dessert,
因为我确实做了一些非常特别的东西 对吧
because I did make something very special, right?
晚安
Goodnight.
是的 再见
Yeah, see you.
其实 我想问 嗯......
Actually, I wanted to ask, um...
这几天我来上班看望你 你会有什么感觉
How would you feel about me coming to visit you at work one of these days?
好 是的 -伟大
Fine. Yeah. - Great.
真棒 谢谢
That's great. Thank you.
没问题
It's no problem.
我才意识到我们基本上是同龄人
I just realized we're basically the same age.
是的 - 是的 我今年 36 岁
Yeah? - Yeah, I'm 36.
是的 我们-- -很有趣 而且......
Yeah, we-- - Funny, I...
我现在才开始考虑生孩子
I'm just now starting to think about having kids,
你几乎要把你的孩子送去上大学了
and you're almost sending yours off to college.
是的 - 我无法想象
Yeah. - I can't imagine.
我想差不多了 呃......
I think it was almost, uh...
我想我......
I think I...
在某种程度上 我不知道这有什么大不了的 因为 你知道......
I didn't know what a big deal it was, in a way, because, you know...
嗯 但是 无论如何......
Um, but, anyway...
我会给你发短♥信♥ 我们可以安排一个时间让我过来
I'll text you, and we can schedule a time for me to drop by.
也许 呃 写格雷西......她更擅长这些东西
Maybe, uh, write Gracie about... She's better at that stuff.
好吧 好吧 是的 安全回家 - 是的 你也是
All right, well, yeah, get home safe. - Yeah, you too.
嗯嗯
Mm-hmm.
我的意思是
I mean...
这很奇怪 即使在她做了一切之后......
It's strange, even after everything she did...
嗯哼
Uh-huh.
...以及它的公开程度
...and how public it was,
她似乎没有任何羞耻或内疚
she doesn't seem to carry around any shame or guilt.
是的 这可能是一种人格障碍
Yeah, that's probably a personality disorder.
好吧 算了吧
All right, forget it.
我不是想变得油嘴滑舌 这是你给我看的电视电影
I'm not trying to be glib. It's in the TV movie you showed me.
但这不是有点激进吗
But isn't it kind of radical?
我的意思是 每天干净的石板
I mean, clean slate every day.
毫无疑问 不后悔
No doubts. No regrets.
什么意思
Meaning what?
现在你有所有这些疑问了吗
Now you have all these doubts?
不
No.
哦 上帝 有人从网络上给我打电♥话♥ 我可能应该接受这个
Oh God, someone's calling me from the network, I should probably take this.
爱你 - 我爱--
Love you. - I love--
...由寻求财富、政♥治♥权力、名声的人......
...by someone who was seeking wealth, political power, fame...
在当时的英国 如果有人欠钱而付不起账单......
In England in those days, if someone owed money and could not pay bills...
嘿
Hey!
你好
Hi.
你好
Hi.
——汤姆·阿瑟顿 -你好 伊丽莎白
Tom Atherton. - Hi. Elizabeth.
非常感谢你这样做
Thank you so much for doing this.
别客气 我给你拿了一杯咖啡 这是常规滴水 我希望没关系
My pleasure. I got you a coffee. It's regular drip. I hope that's okay.
谢谢 我非常感谢
Oh, thank you. I appreciate it so much.
我敢肯定这不是你最喜欢的话题
I'm sure this isn't your favorite topic of conversation.
你知道 实际上 我不介意
You know, actually, I don't mind.
我认为有时说话会感觉很好
I think sometimes talking can feel good.
真棒
That's great.
所以我想我们会......潜入
So I guess we will just... dive in.
想吃点东西吗
Want something to eat?
不 我只喝咖啡就好了 谢谢 - 嘿 卡拉
No, I'm fine with just coffee, thank you. - Hey, Carla!
嗨 汤姆
Hi, Tom!
是的 那是我的牙科保健员 无论如何 对不起
Yeah, that's my dental hygienist. Anyway, sorry.
是的 - 所以 也许我们可以从......
Yeah. - So, maybe we can start with...
你告诉我你第一次见面时格雷西是什么样子的
you telling me about what Gracie was like when you first met.
呃
Uh...
她很漂亮 你知道的
She was beautiful. You know?
她是
She was...
我们是在聚会上认识的
And we met at a party.
我喝醉了
And I was drunk.
就像喝醉了一样
Like blotto drunk.
她照顾我
And she took care of me.
和
And...
在那之后 我们开始约会
We started dating after that.
她在上高中 我在上大学
She was in high school, I was in college.
她毕业了 我毕业了
She graduated, I graduated.
我提议并...
I proposed and...
就是这样 A、B、C、D
that was it. A, B, C, D.
你开心吗
You were happy?
是的
Yeah.
我感到非常高兴
I felt very happy.
我知道她后来说事情不行了
I know later she said that things weren't working,
但我必须告诉你 当时 我觉得一切都很正常 呃......
but I gotta tell you, at the time, I felt like everything was normal. Um...
我的意思是 看 夫妻有时会吵架 但我们的生活感觉很好
I mean, look, couples fight sometimes, but our lives felt good.
是的 我们有一个...我们有一个很棒的家庭 我想
Yeah, we had a... We had a great family, I thought.
嗯 你知道 所以这是一个......
Mm. You know, so it was a...
我很震惊
I was shocked.
惊呆
Shocked.
然后当我发现和谁在一起时-- -那一定很难
And then when I found out with who-- - That must have been really hard.
就是这样 呃......奇怪
It was just so, uh... weird.
就像......
It was like...
就像我什至不认识格雷西一样
Like I didn't even know Gracie.
比如 什么会让
Like, what would make
一个36岁的女人和一个七年级学生有染
a 36-year-old woman have an affair with a seventh grader?
打败我
Beats me.
你是怎么知道的
How'd you find out?
我发现了每个人都发现的方式
I found out the way everybody found out,
当他们在宠物店那个愚蠢的储藏室里被捣毁时
when they got busted in that stupid stockroom at the pet store,
她被捕了
and she got arrested.
然后 家里的警♥察♥来了
Then, here comes the cops at the house!
“告诉我这是怎么回事 ”我说 “什么
"Tell me what's going on." And I'm like, "What?"
哦 我很抱歉
Oh, I'm so, so sorry.
是的 它是 比如 你知道吗 没关系
Yeah, it's... Like, you know what? It's okay.
和
And...
我现在很开心
I'm happy now.
我很少见到他们 但她和那个男孩
I don't see them very much, but her and the boy,
你知道 他们看起来很开心 所以......
you know, they seem happy, so...
我知道什么
what do I know?
从左侧偷偷溜走 进行基础打击
Sneaks down the left side for a base hit.
他反其道而行之 一跑就来了
He goes the opposite way with it, one run comes around.
哦 那不是很完美吗
Oh, isn't that perfect!
哦 那真是太漂亮了
Oh, that's really pretty.
我觉得自己像个新娘 - 你看起来很年轻
I feel like a bride. - You look youthful.
就像春天的第一天
Like the first day of spring.
我只是觉得其他人都会穿得更多 比如
I just feel like everyone else is gonna be wearing more, like,
夏日连衣裙 - 谁在乎其他人
summery dresses. - Who cares about everyone else?
我 我说我不喜欢它 - 哦 好吧 好 好
Me. I am saying I don't like it. - Oh, okay. Okay. Okay.
只 然后试穿其他的 -好
Just... Then try on the others. - Okay.
他们不会穿长袍吗 - 是的 他们会穿长袍
Will they not be wearing robes? - Yes, they'll be wearing robes.
这是在长袍下 -啊
This is for under the robe. - Ah.
我听说你看到了汤姆
I heard you saw Tom.
是的 喝咖啡
Yes, for coffee.
他怎么样
How was he?
他很帅 - 哦 是的 他很帅
He's handsome. - Oh yes, he's very handsome.
我可以看到在婚姻中与他建立关系
I could see how being in a relationship with him, in a marriage,
会是孤立的
would be isolating.
正是
Precisely.
你为什么要嫁给一个像汤姆这样的男人
Why'd you marry a man like Tom?
我还年轻 他是......
I was young and he was...
他在纸面上看起来很完美
He seemed perfect on paper.
那是一个不同的时代
It was a different time.
电影精选列表