感觉你的存在,即便是痛苦
To feel that you exist, even in pain.
难道你不会为爱而死吗?
I mean would you not die for love?
毕竟少了爱,人生有何意义?
After all, what is life if it does not have love?
一无是处,照你们诗人说的话
Nothing, according to you poets.
你…
You are...
我一直认为女人…
I've always believed that a woman
能理解我说的话就够聪明了
should be intelligent enough to understand what I'm saying but
但不需要聪明到有自己的想法或意见
not intelligent enough to be able to form ideas or...
opinions of her own.
但戈德温小姐,你有可能证明我错了
You, Miss Godwin, have the chance to prove me wrong.
为我们弹一曲吧,雪莱
Play us a tune, Shelley.
该死的抄写,我受够了
Oh, this infernal copying. I'm bored of it.
我再也抄不动一句诗了
I can't transcribe another word of these poems.
这样下雨已经好几个星期了
It's been raining like this for weeks.
我们都快疯了
We're all going to go insane.
没人能想个办法来打发时间吗?
Can't anyone think of ways to pass the time?
玛丽,别说了 不
- Mary, please. - No. She's right.
她说得对
你们听
Listen.
女巫在风中咆哮
There are witches in the wind.
我有个点子
I have an idea.
我们…
We are, each one of us, to write a story.
每个人…
都写一个故事
鬼故事
A ghost story.
当然了,这是比赛
It's a competition, of course.
故事写得最棒的人
Whoever writes the finest story shall win.
就是赢家
克莱蒙特小姐
Miss Clairmont... you...
你…
你的任务是…
...your job is to transcribe them.
誊写内容
你居然敢这么说?
How dare you?
你有什么权利这样对我?
What right do you have to treat me like this?
你的爱人
Your lover.
克莱尔
Claire...
你不是我的爱人
...you are not my lover.
你是我的玩物
You are a dalliance.
一次判断失误
A lapse in judgement.
真是个傻姑娘
A silly little girl.
抱歉,我出丑了吗?
I'm sorry, have I caused a scene?
先生,有来自伦敦的急事
Sir, I have an urgent message arrived from London.
克莱尔
Claire!
一切都没事吧,先生?
Is everything alright, sir?
克莱尔
Claire.
他们为什么这么残忍♥?
Why, why must they be so vile?
别让那些残忍♥伤害你
Don't let such cruelty wound you.
你比想像中坚强
You're stronger than you realize and you don't need
你不需要他们的施舍
anything from them.
什么都不需要
You don't need anything from them.
谢谢你,玛丽
Thank you, Mary.
不
No!
我必须跟你谈谈 不
- I need to speak to you. - No!
我不再以相同眼光看待个世界
I no longer see the world...
与世界运作的方式
and its works as they before
appeared to me.
但苦难已经到来
But now misery has come home...
男人对我来说就像怪物
and men appear to me as monsters... thirsting for each other's blood.
渴求彼此的鲜血
而我,受到现实摧残的悲惨之人
And I, a miserable spectacle of wrecked humanity...
被他人可怜
pitiable to others and intolerable to myself.
也无法忍♥受自己
克莱尔起床了吗?
Has Claire risen?
她传过话了
She sent down word. She is feeling unwell this morning.
今天早上不舒服
雪莱人呢?
Where is Shelley?
我以为他跟你在一起
I had assumed he was with you.
找到他了
I think we've found him.
雪莱先生
Mr. Shelley.
你看起来像需要吃早餐
You look like you could do with some breakfast.
是吗?
Do I?
酒馆怎么样?
How were the taverns?
恶心死了
Disgusting.
我…
I, uh, I started upon my story.
我开始写故事了
故事名叫 吸血鬼
I've called it 'The Vampyre'.
很好,我们有第一个故事了
Very well. Well we have our first story.
吸血鬼
A vampire.
挑战不是写鬼故事吗?
I thought the challenge was a-was a ghost story?
不是幼稚的迷信
Not a childish superstition.
你不相信有吸血鬼吗,雪莱先生?
You do not believe in vampires, Mr. Shelley?
我还更相信医生
No more than I believe in physicians.
珀西,够了
Percy, that's quite enough.
我以为你很熟知这些在夜间出没
I thought you would know intimately
about the existence of nocturnal beings
对脆弱者下手的生物
who exploit the vulnerable.
你甩他一巴掌吗?
- Did you just slap him? - Madam, you have my sympathy.
女士,寄予我的同情
波里道利没讲故事,真失望
No story from Polidori. How disappointing.
现在我们要做什么来自娱呢?
Whatever shall we do to entertain ourselves now?
好吧,我要去骑马
Well I'm going to go riding.
我的腿间需要厚实的东西
I need something thick between my legs.
你怎么搞的?
What's wrong with you?
你以为我是傻子吗?
You think I'm an idiot.
你说对霍格没兴趣
Oh, you claim no interest in Hogg. That's alright.
不要紧,那这个良医呢?
But the good doctor,
对,他更合你的意吧?
oh yes, he's more to your liking, isn't he?
你昨晚跑去哪里?
Where were you all night?
我不必跟你或任何人解释
I do not have to justify myself to you or to anyone!
你不知道我承担什么责任
- You have no idea the responsibilities I bear. - What responsibilities?
什么责任?
她投河自尽了,玛丽
She drowned herself, Mary.
跳进巴特西区的脏水中
Threw herself in the filthy water at Battersea.
谁?
Who?
哈莉叶
Harriet.
我的妻子
My wife.
我们该离开这里了
It's time that we left this place.
克莱尔?
Claire?
他不想要我
He doesn't want me.
他说…
He said...
他说他会供养孩子
he said that he will provide for the baby but that is all.
但仅止于此
这是一大错误
It's been such a mistake. Mary.
玛丽
一大错误
A mistake.
我是来道别的
I wanted to say goodbye
感谢你的…
to thank you for your hospitality.
热忱招待
我知道你怎么看我
I know what you must think of me
但我从没考虑过当父亲
but I have never considered myself one for fatherhood.
我对你的处境没有任何幻想
I am under no illusions about your situation.
但克莱尔
遗憾的是… 我没爱过她
Claire, unfortunately...
I never loved her.
也没假装爱她
Nor did I pretend to love her.
我也不相信她爱我
Nor do I believe she loved me.
但男人就是男人
But a man is a man,
女孩就是女孩
and a girl is a girl.
当一个年轻姑娘成天
And when a young girl comes prancing to an old man at all hours...
绕着一个老男人打转
那就只有一种方法
...there is but one way.
总是有其他方法
There is always another way.
当我们做这样的抉择时
And when we make such choices,
一定会有不可避免的后果
there are inevitably consequences.
永远要看清
Always see.
一路顺风,玛丽
Safe travels, Mary.
期待有朝一日能拜读你的作品
I look forward to reading your work some day.
排除他人的思想与文字,玛丽
Rid yourself of the thoughts
and words of other people, Mary.
找到自己的声音
Find your own voice.
那是11月的一个阴郁夜晚
It was a dreary night of November and...
电影精选列表