你,我和雪莱,我们全部
你以为只有你能吸引诗人吗?
Do you think you are the only one who can attract a poet?
不,克莱尔
No, Claire. In fact I am very aware of your abilities.
我很清楚你有本事
我们一定要去
But... we have to go.
我怀孕了
I am pregnant.
孩子的父亲是谁?
Who's the father?
玛丽,当然是拜伦的
Mary. Mary, it is Byron's, of course.
我已经偷偷跟他约会一阵子了
I've been meeting him in secret for quite some time now.
你不明白吗?
去日内瓦会让我有机会跟他谈谈
Don't you see?
摆脱伦敦所有人
Geneva will give me the chance to talk to him, away from the crowds of London.
比起其他人,你应该最清楚
I mean you, of all people, should know that this city loves a scandal.
这座城市有多喜欢八卦
雪莱,拜伦勋爵邀我们去日内瓦
Shelley, we've been invited to Geneva by Lord Byron.
拜伦勋爵吗?天啊
Lord Byron? Oh my word!
这是不容错过的机会
This is an unmissable opportunity.
对我们有极大帮助
This could help us immensely. Um...
他说… 我还没准备好
I'm not ready for this.
玛丽
珀西,我还没准备好
Mary.
Percy, I don't think I'm ready for this. Please.
还没有 玛丽,我也想念她
- Not yet. - Oh, Mary, I miss her too.
我多希望能救活她
Oh, I wish I could have saved her.
我不是要你忘掉她,玛丽
I'm not asking you to let go of her, Mary.
只是希望你摆脱悲伤
I'm just asking you to raise above your grief.
让她的灵魂升到属于她的境界
To raise her spirit to the great heights she deserves.
谢谢
Thank you.
我很惊讶你们住在这里
I was surprised to hear you were staying here?
多数游客都来这里探头探脑
Most tourists come to gawk at the place.
我们已经很习惯外人的窥探目光
We've become accustomed to prying eyes ourselves.
相信我们能应付的
雪莱先生
I'm sure we'll manage.
Mr. Shelley!
很高兴又跟你见面了
It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance once more.
我昨天收到克莱蒙特小姐的信
提醒你们即将来访
I received Miss Clairmont's letter yesterday
alerting me of this impending arrival.
大人,这是我们的荣幸
My Lord, it is an honor.
这是玛丽沃斯通克拉夫特戈德温小姐
And may I introduce Miss Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin?
戈德温小姐
Miss Godwin.
恕我冒昧,但我能看出
Forgive me but there is a smile hidden inside of you, I can see it.
你脸上隐藏的笑意
既美丽又残忍♥
And it is beautiful and brutal.
希望我很快就能哄它出现
And I hope that before long I can coax it outside of you.
已经出现了
And there she is.
大人
克莱尔
My Lord.
Claire.
克莱尔,下回我会记住
跟你提旅行计划
Claire, I must remember next time that to mention travel plans to you
等同于邀请
is tantamount to an invitation.
大人,很抱歉
My Lord, I apologize. I fear there's been some confusion.
这中间恐怕有什么误会
如果我们不请自来,我们会另找住处
If our visit is an imposition, we will seek lodging elsewhere.
请别庸人自扰,接受我的招待吧
Please, don't concern yourselves. You must stay here as my guests.
这里越来越无聊了
我很感激有这样的小插曲
Things have been getting bloody boring round here and I
那位就是杜尔顿公爵
will be grateful for the distraction.
波里道利医生本人
In fact there is the Duke of Dulldom himself, Doctor Polidori.
跟我来
Come with me.
波里道利医生,这是戈德温小姐
Doctor Polidori, Miss Godwin.
她不会笑
She doesn't smile.
你太迷人了,戈德温小姐
Charmed, Miss Godwin.
别让仆人难为情
Don't embarrass the servants.
你是理学博士吗,波里道利先生?
Are you a Doctor of Science, Doctor Polidori?
抱歉让你失望,戈德温小姐
我是医生 玛丽是科学迷
I'm sorry to disappoint Miss Godwin but I'm a physician.
当医生难道不好吗?
Science fascinates Mary.
你救死扶伤,迎接新生儿到世上
Why is being a physician disappointing. You save lives.
帮助诗人解决睡眠障碍
You bring babies into the world.
You help poets with their sleeping disorders.
波里道利医生写了一篇相关论文
Doctor Polidori wrote his thesis on the subject.
我在他面前正好就是梦游者
And, conveniently, I've become quite the somnambulist in his presence.
希望我们能为这里带来一点朝气
Well, I hope we can liven things up for you a little, My Lord.
你肯定会的,克莱蒙特小姐
I'm sure you will try, Miss Clairmont.
你要一起来客厅吗,雪莱?
Would you like to join me in the parlor, Mr. Shelley?
当然
Of course.
也许你在这里陪克莱尔
和波里道利医生聊天比较自在
Perhaps you'll be more comfortable conversing with
Claire and Doctor Polidori, my love.
拜伦
Byron...
我必须说装潢很有趣
I must say, the decor is interesting.
拜伦喜欢把他的绝妙点子写在纸上
Byron likes to record his 'grand ideas'
再贴在墙上
on slips of paper and tack them up on the wall.
你应该去客厅看看那面墙
You should see the one in the parlor.
因有朋友来访而被丢满了纸条,或…
Gets littered with paper when we have company,
当他受刺♥激♥时
or when he's stimulated.
兄弟,这才叫诗
This is poetry, my brother.
你写的 死亡吟 无与伦比
'On Death' by the incomparable yours truly.
第三节,召唤谬思女神
Third stanza! Summon the muse.
我们的知觉由现世滋养
The world is the nurse of all we know
我们的感情也由它而生
This world the mother of all we feel
死亡必然是可怕的一击
And the coming of death is a fearful blow
对于胆量匮乏的人来说
To the brain unencompassed with nerves of steel
当我们的所知,所见与所感
When all we know
or feel or see
都像无解的幻梦逝去
Shall pass like an unreal mystery!
我无意间看到这篇文章
就想到了你对科学的兴趣
I found this article
and recalled your interest in science.
这有可能吗?
Is this possible? Reanimation?
重生?
只是一个主张
That is the claim.
Applying the principle of galvanism to human corpses.
把电击法应用在人类尸体上
这里每个女士都听过这首诗
Every lady in the land knows this.
她走在美中,像夜晚
She walks in beauty Like the night...
万里无云,繁星满空
of cloudless Climes and starry skies
一切最妙的光与暗
And all that's bright Of dark and light
什么? 光亮
- What?! - Bright! Bright, bright, bright!
一切最妙的光与暗
All that's best of dark and bright
汇于外貌与眼眸
Meet in the aspect of her eyes
醇化为如是柔和的光
That's mellow to
上天不给俗丽的白昼
thy tender light which heaven to gaudy day deny
你的孩子的事我很遗憾
I was sorry to hear about your baby.
她叫克拉拉
Her name was Clara.
我无意让你心烦
I don't mean to upset you.
不
No. No, you haven't at all.
你没有
谢谢你提到她
I thank you for speaking of her.
女人失去孩子是难以言喻的残忍♥
It's an unspeakable cruelty for a woman to lose a child.
I've seen it more times than I care to remember.
这种场景我记不清见过多少次
我很敬佩你,戈德温小姐
I'm in awe of you, Miss Godwin
还有你顽强的生命力
and your strength to survive it.
干杯
Drink!
干了…
Drink. Drink.
再来
确定吗?
为什么不?我怎么会不确定?
Why not? Why would I not be sure?
这幅画叫 噩梦
It's called 'The Nightmare - The Curse Of The Incubus'.
梦魇的诅咒
天使因为贪得无厌而失宠
The Angel fallen from grace because of insatiable lust.
你知道画家吧?
You know the painter, don't you?
亨利佛谢利
Henry Fuseli.
他是我母亲的初恋
He was my mother's first love.
当他为其他女人离开我母亲时
She tried to kill herself with an overdose of laudanum
when he left her for another woman.
她试图饮用鸦♥片♥酒自杀
我从不理解像我母亲那么坚强的人
I've never reconciled how someone as strong as my mother
was so vulnerable when it came to love.
面对爱情竟然如此脆弱
爱会找到出路
Love will find its way through paths
那里连狼都不敢去猎食
where wolves would fear to prey.
但如果连她都无法承受心碎之痛
But if she wasn't impervious to the pain of heartbreak
我们其他人还有什么希望?
what hope is there for the rest of us?
人生最大的艺术就是感知力
The great art of life is sensation.
电影精选列表