好了
There.
祝你们今天愉快
Well, have a good day.
亲爱的,我有个消息
My love, I have news.
Oh, my Mary. Hey, a baby.
亲爱的玛丽
一个宝宝
多棒的消息
What news!
你开心吗? 当然开心
- You're happy? - Of course I'm happy.
怎么了,你不高兴吗?
Why? Aren't you?
我从小就没有母亲
I've never had a mother. What if I fail?
万一我失败呢?
你认为我们只能靠楷模学习吗?
You think we can only learn by example?
那要本能何用?
What of pure instinct?
要我们与生俱来的良善又何用?
Of the inherent good that lies in all of us?
亲爱的,这些你都具备了
And that, my darling, you have in abundance.
我们的女儿也是
- As will our little girl. - You think it's a girl?
你觉得是女儿?
她将会是我们孕育的神童
She will be our very own prodigy.
艾恩斯,过来
Ianthe, come here.
乖女孩
Good girl.
来吧,我们该走了
Come, we have to go.
现在就走
Now.
带上我吧,拜托带我走
Take me with you, please, take me.
拜托你,玛丽,带我走
Please, Mary, take me with you.
Take me with you.
带上我吧
我房♥间有人
There is someone in my room.
有人?你看到了吗?
Someone? Did you see him?
No. They...
没有,他们…
没人
No one, nothing.
你只是做恶梦,克莱尔
It's one of your nightmares, Claire.
I will sit with her.
我去陪她坐一会
No, no, I will take her to bed.
不,我带去她睡吧
You need to rest. Think of the baby.
你需要休息,为了孩子着想
克莱尔,来吧
Claire, come on.
她总算睡了
She sleeps. Finally.
你也应该睡了
And you should, too.
我爱你,玛丽
I love you, Mary.
让我来吧
Allow me to do it.
毫无头绪
Absolutely no clue.
我分辨不出你是不是说实话
I can't tell if you're telling the truth or not.
我说的是实话
I am telling the truth.
谁要付钱?我吗?
Who's paying for it? I'm paying for it?
不是
No.
你要让我破产了,克莱尔克莱蒙特
You're gonna ruin me, Claire Clairemont. You're gonna ruin me.
你会搞跨我
这是在干嘛?
- What's all this for? - Oh, there you are. Guess what.
你起来了,知道吗?
今晚我们要办晚宴
Tonight we are having a dinner party.
过来,我们没资格找点乐子吗?
Come here. Don't we deserve a little fun?
我最好的朋友汤玛斯霍格进城了
My dear, dear friend Thomas Hogg is in town
他刚出版第一本书
and has just published his first book.
所以我想今晚帮他办个派对
So I thought we would throw him a party to celebrate.
庆祝一下 夫人,今晚
要招待多少宾客?
Ma'am, how many guests are we expecting this evening?
Maybe 10.
可能10个
10 or 12?
10个或…
12人?
12人 12人
12.
Did the publisher's advance come in?
出版商的订金给了吗?
我拿我父亲的房♥地♥产♥去抵押借款
I borrowed against my father's estate.
珀西,我们还不起的
Percy, there's no way we can afford to pay it back.
Come on... come here. Come.
来吧,过来
说得好,我喜欢
很抱歉这不太像庆祝会,霍格先生
I'm sorry it's not much of a celebration, Mr Hogg.
看样子我们比自己知道的更可耻
It appears we're even more scandalous than we realized.
别自责,玛丽
Don't trouble yourself, Mary.
我跟雪莱向来很会惹麻烦
Shelley and I have a long history of courting trouble.
我们在牛津时就一起写小说
We began writing a novel together back at Oxford but
但出版社觉得太惊世骇俗
publishers deemed it too subversive.
我们匿名写的那篇论文
We had more success with our treatise which
无神论之必要 ,还更成功点
we wrote anonymously:
'The Necessity of Atheism'.
因为出版了吗?
Because it was published?
因为我们都被牛津开除了
Because it resulted in our expulsion from Oxford.
我开始怀疑你有匿名的偏好了
I'm beginning to suspect you have a penchant for being anonymous.
如果不具名
What's the point of being published if you don't have your name on it?
出版又有何意义?
何必麻烦呢?
Why bother?
I assume you also write?
我猜你也写作吧?
跟我父母完全无法相提并论
It's not anything like my parents.
玛丽很快就会写出超越我们的作品
Soon Mary will produce a work that will surpass all of us.
你呢,克莱蒙特小姐?
How about you, Miss Clairmont?
你写作吗?还是有其他专长?
Do you write or are there other tricks you perform?
我有自己的天赋
I have my own talents.
克莱尔很会歌♥唱
- Claire is an accomplished singer. - So she says.
她也这么说,但我还没听过
I'm yet to hear it.
你愿意为我们献唱一曲吗?
Will you sing for us?
我会唱的,如果你们碰巧听到
I will sing, and if you happen to overhear
那我就没办法了
I suppose, it can't be helped.
She has spirit this one, I can see why you keep her.
她很活泼,我终于懂你为何收留她了
一位芳香甜美的追求者吻了我
? A sweet scented courtier did give me a kiss ?
保证很快让我属于他
? And promised me rightly that I would be his ?
但我不相信,因为美好得太不真实
? But I'll not believe him for it is too true ?
追求者总是说得多,做得少
? Courtiers promise much more than they do ?
? My thing is my own That I'll keep it so still ?
我的身体属于我,我会好好珍藏
其他姑娘可以随心所欲去做
? Other young lassies can do what they will ?
夫人,霍格先生来找你
Ma'am, Mr. Hogg... is here to see you.
霍格先生?
Mr. Hogg?
谢谢,伊莱莎
Thank you, Eliza.
没见到你雪莱会很失望的
Shelley will be sorry to have missed you.
你可以等等吗?
Would you care to wait?
我愿意等他,玛丽
I should like that very much, Mary.
你饿不饿? 不饿,谢谢
- Are you hungry? - I'm fine, thank you.
你在写作?
You're writing?
Ledgers. But it might as well be Latin.
记帐
还是用拉丁文写得好
你学过拉丁文? 是的
Are you schooled in Latin?
父亲坚持要我学
Yes, my father insisted upon it.
你不如坐下吧
Why don't you sit down?
恐怕我的拉丁文不比我在牛津时了
I fear my Latin is not what it was when I was at Oxford.
我能跟你练习一下吗,玛丽?
May I... practice upon you Mary?
我不确定我能帮上忙
I'm not sure I'd be of much use to you.
最近我的思绪一直很乱
My mind is all over the place these days.
也许你应该跟我练习
Perhaps you should practice upon me.
你居然为这种事开除佣人,雪莱
I cannot believe you fired the servant for that, Shelley.
你以为你是谁?
Who do you think you are?
玛丽?
Mary?
怎么了?是宝宝出事了吗?
What's wrong? Is it the baby?
克莱尔,可以让我们单独谈谈吗?
Claire, could you please leave us?
霍格到家里来
Hogg came to the house.
然后…
And then
他对我示好,但我没有…
...he made an advance,
你没有屈服?
- but I didn't, I- - So you did not comply?
当然没有,我永远不会…
Of course not. I would never-
玛丽,听着
Mary. Hey.
I have no quarrel with you and Thomas becoming lovers.
我不介意你跟汤玛斯变成情人
这不就是我们的信仰吗?
Isn't this what we believe in?
非传统的生活方式
Unconventional approaches to living?
我们怎么不做这种安排呢?
After all, why should we not have such an arrangement?
你并不属于我
I do not own you.
你可以跟任何喜欢的人在一起
You are free to be with whomever you please.
但我不想跟别人在一起
Oh, but I don't want to be with anyone else.
你不相信爱是自♥由♥的吗?
Don't you believe that love is free?
是的,自♥由♥地跟一个人在一起
Yes. Free to be with one person...
这不合逻辑,玛丽
That is poor logic, Mary.
你的选择对我毫无意义
Your choice means nothing to me.
让我失望的是,你甚至没考虑过
电影精选列表