Nothing is as I expected it would be.
你才来几个星期而已
You've only been here a few weeks.
慢慢来
Give it time.
在伦敦我们很少有机会在河边野餐
In London it's not often we have occasion
to picnic by the river.
你错就错在等待机会
Your mistake is waiting for an occasion.
吾将觑苍海,腐浊不忍♥睹
I looked upon the rotting sea
And drew my eyes away
吾将觑船板,众尸横仰俯
I looked upon the rotting deck And there the dead men lay
吾欲祷苍天
I looked to Heaven and tried to pray
但祷词尚未吐,已闻诅咒声
But before a prayer had gushed A wicked whisper came...
快请进,你一定冻坏了
Come in. Come in. You must be freezing.
容我呈上几篇我的短文
If I could just give you a couple of my essays.
好的
这是我对今晚娱乐活动的一点贡献
My contribution to this evening's entertainment.
你好吗? 很好,宴会如何?
- How are you? - Good. How's the party?
伊莎贝尔,他是谁?
Isabel... who is that?
他啊
Oh, that's Shelley.
他是雪莱
很英俊吧? 旅途怎么样?
Beautiful, isn't he?
他是前卫派诗人
He's a radical poet.
认为诗歌♥应该改革社会
He thinks poetry should reform society,
所以他经常惹麻烦
and so he's often in trouble.
听起来是不错的对象
Sounds like quite a catch.
来吧,我介绍几个朋友给你认识
Come, let me introduce you to some friends.
我想让你见见这位
There is someone I would like you to meet.
祝你好运
Good luck.
珀西,容我介绍玛丽
Percy, may I present Mary. Mary-
巴克斯特 玛丽
一起来吧
Baxter! Come and join us!
Oh, it's Coleridge.
柯立芝在叫我
玛丽,请你发一下名牌
Mary, could you put these nameplates out, please?
我帮你捡吧
Let me get those for you.
我叫珀西比希雪莱
I'm Percy Bysshe Shelley.
我是玛丽沃斯通克拉夫戈德温
I am Mary Wollstonecraft-Godwin.
当然
Of course.
巴克斯特提过你会来这里住
Baxter mentioned you'd be joining the family here.
我非常欣赏你父母的作品
I am a great admirer of both your parents' work.
希望我能交托你这项任务,雪莱先生
I hope I can entrust you to this task, Mr. Shelley.
还是你也想鼓吹我革命?
Or will you try to incite me to revolution?
显然我名声远播
My reputation precedes me.
你难道不乐见这片死寂出现改变吗?
Won't you welcome a change from the deafening quiet?
我已经习惯了
I've grown accustomed to it.
我在伦敦多半待在我父亲的书店
In London I spend most of my time in my father's bookshop.
所以这份死寂没有你想的那么夸张
So the deafening quiet is not as dramatic as you may think.
巴克斯特进心安排这类聚会
Baxter does his best for these gatherings.
任何诗歌♥爱好者都会为了…
Any lover of poetry will surely find a great thrill in the work
在这里发表的作品感到激动万分
that is being presented here.
那你本身应该也是作家吧?
So surely you are a writer yourself?
不算是
Not really.
没什么代表作
Nothing substantial.
希望有朝一日能有
I hope to, someday.
我能否冒昧请问,在你看来
And what, may I ask, would you constitute
什么才叫代表作?
as "substantial" in your eyes?
任何令人血液冻结
Anything that curdles the blood
心跳加速的作品
and quickens the beatings of the heart.
Ah, perfect!
好极了
我能借一下雪莱先生吗?
Now may I steal Mr. Shelley away?
我们想听您吟诗
We would love a poem, sir.
当然没问题,先生
Certainly, sir.
少了观众,想法只是空谈罢了
Without an audience, ideas remain mere words on a page.
雪莱先生,您的短文
Mr. Shelley, your essay.
我不需要了
Oh, I have no need for those. Thank you.
谢谢
我应该相信我新发掘的灵感
I shall trust in the spark of new found inspiration.
所带来的火花
不是他梦中幻想的诗人
Oh, not the visioned poet in his dreams
当银白的云飘过困惑的人们顶上
When silvery clouds float through the wildered brain
每个和蔼,野蛮与地位显赫者
When every sight of lovely, wild and grand
惊讶
Astonishes
狂喜
Enraptures
受到鼓舞
Elevates
如此光彩照人
So bright...
美丽而又野性的模样
...so fair, so wild a shape
仍未被见识过
Hath ever yet beheld
就像受阻的气道
As that which reined the coursers of the air
并用她魔幻的目光
And poured the magic of her gaze
注视着女孩的沉眠
Upon the maiden's sleep
孤独啊孤独
Alone, alone
我独自一人
All alone
在那无边无际的海面
Upon the wide, wide sea
上帝不会垂怜我痛苦的灵魂
And God will not take pity on my soul in agony
该死的天气 别抱怨了
- This weather. - Ah, stop complaining.
这可是苏格兰,你期待什么?
It's Scotland, what do you expect?
我问你,如果上帝创造万物
So I say to you, if all things come from God...
我们也都出自上帝之手
...and we all come from God,
那我们不就是上帝的一部分吗?
are we not part of God?
我们思考时,难道没窥见
When we think, do we not behold the very thoughts of God?
上帝的想法吗?
我不觉得自己像上帝
Can't say I feel like much of a god.
你的肉体疲惫,巴克斯特
Your body is tired, Baxter,
但你的精神渴望翱翔
but your spirit, it longs to soar.
你呢,戈德温小姐?
What of you, Miss Godwin?
你觉得自己也是上帝的一部分
Do you think you are of God...
像伟大诗人柯立芝那样吗?
...like the great poet Coleridge?
我得承认
I'll admit...
我小的时候觉得柯立芝
...I thought Coleridge was much more captivating
有魅力多了
when I was a child.
给你
There you go.
我很惊讶你还记得那么久远的事
I'm surprised you can remember back that far.
瞧上帝创造的壮丽美景
Behold the majesty of God's creation...
所以你多大了?
Well just how old are you then,
亲爱的老古董?
dear ancient one?
大到知道你为什么这么问
Old enough to know why you are asking.
Ah.
充满启发,不是吗?
It's inspirational, don't you think?
我16岁了
- I'm 16. - Hmm.
你呢?
How about you?
21岁
21.
确实是睿智的老头
A wise old man indeed.
犹如朝霞下的山泉
As mountain springs
under the morning sun
我们将合而为一
We shall become the same
两个躯体心心相印
We shall be one spirit within two frames
何故是两个?
Oh, wherefore two?
两颗心共有的热情不断滋长
One passion in twin hearts which grows and grew
直到像两颗燃烧熊熊火焰的流星
Till like two meteors of expanding flame
宛如两个天体幻化为一
Those spheres instinct with it become the same
接触,融合,不断变形
Touch, mingle
Are transfigured ever still
熊熊燃烧,永不熄灭
Burning, yet inconsumable
玛丽
Mary...
恐怕伦敦那边传来了坏消息
...I'm afraid I have some terrible news from London.
是你妹妹克莱尔
It's your sister Claire.
能不能请你帮忙
May I ask you...
代我向雪莱先生告别?
...could you tell Mr. Shelley I said goodbye?
没问题
Of course.
苏格兰是不是像我说的那样?
Was Scotland everything I said it would be?
你开心吗?
Were you happy?
开心
I was.
你会挺过去的,玛丽
You will live again, Mary. You have your mother's spirit.
你像你母亲一样
你不会受限太久
You won't be confined for long.
她这个样子好几周了
She's been like this for weeks.
克莱尔
Claire?
谢天谢地,你终于回来了
Thank God! You're finally back!
你不是快死了吗?
电影精选列表