would come back to haunt us.
我们只是照你的信仰而活
Mrs. Godwin, please.
We are only living by your beliefs.
你懂什么遵照信仰而活?
你的原则
你对我母亲的婚外情并不在意
What do you know of living your beliefs?
You had no problem with my mother
你真的认为你能承受
wanting to live out of wedlock.
这么做的后果吗?
Do you really think
you can withstand the consequences of this?
你母亲因为她的鲁莽而饱受折磨
Your mother was tortured by her impulses.
她自以为支撑她的热情
The very passions she thought were holding her together
却奋力地让她四分五裂
were working just as diligently to tear her apart.
别让这些热情冲昏头,玛丽
Don't let them get the better of you, Mary.
你最好也忘掉对我女儿罗织的美梦
And you forget whatever fantasy you've woven with my daughter.
您真的认为
只有结婚我才能跟令瑷在一起吗?
Are you really suggesting
I could only be with your daughter if we were married?
你好大胆子
来我家里,受我的款待
How dare you?
Come into my house, you accept my hospitality
还勾引… 不就是您接受
and seduce my 16 year old daughter!
我的16岁女儿 我的钱吗?
回去你妻子身边
Is it not you accepting my money?
Go back to your wife!
别再踏进我家门一步
Never set foot in this house again.
亲爱的,我会回来找你
My love, I will return for you.
如果你胆敢再和雪莱先生见面
If you ever see Mr. Shelley again,
就准备好永远失去父爱
prepare to lose the love of a father, forever.
玛丽
Mary!
玛丽
Mary!
别回头,玛丽
记住,等你离开
Don't look back, Mary.
Remember, once you are gone...
这一切…
和这些人都不再重要
...none of this,
or any of these people, will matter at all.
但是玛丽,请带上我吧
But please, Mary, take me with you.
你答应过下次我们要一起去
You promised next time we would go together.
希望你们没等太久
I hope I haven't kept you waiting long!
我猜想你们姊妹要一起出走了
我无法丢下她
I guess you come as a pair.
I couldn't leave her.
来吧
我们要去哪里? 圣潘克拉斯
Come!
Where are we going?
To St. Pancras.
女士们
Ladies.
我们到了
It's down here.
谢谢
Thank you.
Oh!
当然,这只是暂时的
It is temporary, of course.
我要睡哪里?
Well, where will I sleep?
去那边看看吧
Try through there.
我会帮我们找一栋房♥子
I am going to find us a house...
一定会很完美
...and I intend it to be perfect.
已经很完美了
It already is perfect.
我有你
I have you.
我们在一起的地方就是我的归属之地
Wherever we're together is where I belong.
你确定吗,玛丽?
Are you sure, Mary?
等你准备好,亲爱的
Only if you are ready, my love.
我可以随心所欲书写
I'm free to write what I please.
如同一道强光涌入黑暗世界
Like a torrent of light
触目所及都是喜乐
poured into a dark world.
All around me I see bliss,
因为现在我终于明白爱人…
这是自♥由♥的真谛
'cause I now know what it is to love...
与被爱的意义
无法与服从,嫉妒或恐惧相提并论
Its very essence is liberty.
...and be loved.
It is comparable neither with obedience, jealous nor fear.
它是最纯粹,完美,无拘无束的
It is there, most pure, perfect and unlimited.
靠近那个垂死女孩
...close round the dying girl.
来回进出,盘旋不绝
Out and in they hurry and spin
相继起舞…
and dance, through the dance.
他们尽情舞动,直至无力回旋
They dance through the weary Whirl.
耐心,耐心,虽然我的心就要碎了
Patience, patience, though my heart is breaking.
天啊,毫无疑问
God, there is no question-making
你的肉体获得自♥由♥解放
of thy body thou art quit and free.
愿你的灵魂在天堂永驻
Heaven keep thy soul eternally!
想必最后那些红酒你们喝得很开心
I trust you've enjoyed the last of the claret?
问你今天过得如何是不是不太明智?
Would it be unwise to ask how it went today?
我的出版商是傻子
My publishers are fools.
别因为他们心烦
Don't let them upset you.
他们不值得
They're not worth it.
但他们的预付款值得,玛丽
But their advance is worth everything, Mary.
我父亲切断我的金援
My father has cut me off.
他说我玷污他的声誉
因为我们的丑事
He says I've disgraced his name
because of the scandal that surrounds us.
现在你知道了
So now you know.
这本呢,有兴趣吗?
This one. Is that of any interest?
没兴趣?
No?
我对这些不感兴趣,有别的吗?
Not interested in those. What else do you have?
Well, 'Iliad' by Homer in the original Greek.
荷马 伊利亚德 希腊文原版
Father?
父亲?
好几周不见了
It's been weeks.
You're selling it?
你要把它卖♥♥掉?
是的,已经到了
Yes. There comes a time when we all
把紧握不放的东西放开的时刻了
have to let go of the things we hold dear.
It's your decision, Mary, and you must live with it.
这是你自己做的决定,玛丽
必须自己承受后果
他宣称博爱,却抛弃自己的骨肉
He claims to love humanity yet forsakes his child.
I wish nothing more than that you should thrive.
我只希望你能茁壮幸福
But, look at you.
但,瞧瞧你
So, do you want to sell it?
所以你有要卖♥♥吗?
No.
不了
伊拉斯莫斯达尔文曾经写过…
Erasmus Darwin once wrote...
谁是伊拉斯莫斯达尔文?
Who is Erasmus Darwin?
A poet and a physician.
诗人与物理学家
他曾经写过
He once wrote that
一辈子都没做过实验的人是傻瓜
a man who has never tried an experiment in his life is a fool.
我妹的猫…
...on my sister's cat.
才怪,雪莱
Oh Shelley, you didn't!
No, I didn't. I have the claw marks to prove it.
不,我没骗你,我身上有爪痕能证明
还有… 怎么回事?
What's going on?
我想起有笔债还没还
I remembered a debt unpaid.
I know how much you love science, Mary.
我知道你有多爱科学,玛丽
Watch this.
看看这个
还有…
太不可思议了
This is incredible.
这是送你的
And this is for you.
Shelley.
雪莱
你不应该浪费钱买♥♥洋装
You shouldn't have spent money on dresses.
Don't be silly, Mary, it's beautiful.
别说傻话,玛丽,衣服很美
不只这样
That is not all.
明天要我们搬去新家,在布隆伯利
Tomorrow we move to our new house in Bloomsbury.
仆人会在家等着 仆人?
- The servants will meet us there. - Servants!
因为我们要写作,怎么能让
Because how can we write if we are forced to tend
购物和打扫这些俗务分了心?
to such domestic mundanities
as the shopping and the cleaning.
你让一切变得充满希望
You make everything seem possible.
离圣潘克拉斯车站很近
- It's a step up from St. Pancras. - Welcome home, Mary.
欢迎回家,玛丽
Stop.
住手
等等我
Wait for me!
来吧
Come on.
投入爱情与虚度的一天
A day devoted to love and idleness
虽然我身在人间天堂
but despite my earthly paradise
内心却有愧疚的沮丧
I feel a frustration born of guilt.
不断有个声音说我离实现梦想仍遥远
A constant whisper that I am no closer to achieving my dreams.
打扰一下
Excuse me,
请问你是诗人雪莱吗?
are you the poet Shelley?
对
Yes. Yes, I am.
我就是
能帮我签个名吗? 当然可以
- Would you sign my pocketbook? - Of course.
我朋友一定会嫉妒死
Our friends will be terribly jealous.
电影精选列表