必须要有…
某种…
玛丽雪莱
(我的灵魂中有一股)
(我无法理解的力量在运作)
(玛丽雪莱 科学怪人 )
魔鬼灼热的目光还没落到她身上
Scarcely had the demon cast
his burning stare upon her.
魔鬼…
Scarcely had...
灼热的目光还没落到她身上
...the demon cast his burning stare upon her...
让他的脸彻底不对称
...leaving his face entirely without symmetry...
让他的脸不成人形
...leaving his face entirely without form...
当她用手指触碰他的双唇
...and as her fingertips touched upon his lips,
他便与她融为一体
he melted into her.
(玛丽沃斯通克拉夫特戈德温)
她在找你
She's looking for you.
(沃芬巴♥赫♥之堡)
下回你再溜出去读鬼故事
Next time you run off to read ghost stories,
记得带我一起去
take me with you.
谁说我在看鬼故事?
Who says I was reading ghost stories?
很刺♥激♥不是吗?
It's thrilling, isn't it?
我的心跳加速,害怕极了
My heart was racing, I was so scared.
如果我是你,我会更怕
If I were you, I'd be more scared
被你♥爸♥抓到你读这种书
of your father catching you reading it.
我不知道他为什么觉得心烦
I don't know how he vexes so.
人们喜欢他的哥德式小说
People liked his Gothic novels.
你父亲在书店工作
Your father is in the bookshop working.
克莱尔一直在照料家务
Claire has been tending to the house.
我一直在对帐
I have spent all hours going through the ledgers.
你今天跑哪去了?
Where were you today
都没去帮你父亲,让他休息几小时?
that you couldn't relieve your father for a few hours?
我做完今天的工作了
I completed my work for today.
只是出去透透气
I just went out for some fresh air.
我知道你去哪里
I know where you were.
瞧瞧谁回来了,亲爱的
Look who has returned, my dear.
我只是出去散步
I just went out for a walk.
(威廉戈德温 政♥治♥正义论 )
(老水手之歌♥)
很高兴看到你…
Glad to see you
(坎特伯里故事集)
沉浸在这些伟大作品里,玛丽
devoting yourself to these great works, Mary.
热爱阅读…
"To love reading is to have everything within your reach."
一切都触手可及
欠款逾期了,戈德温先生
Payment is over-due, Mr. Godwin.
需要我提醒一下你的贷款条件吗?
Need I remind you of the conditions of your loan?
最近生意很不好
Business has been very poor.
请再多给我一个月时间
Allow me one more month.
再一个月?已经积欠六个月了
Another month? It's six months already.
好了…
Now, weren't you asking for a ghost story?
你不是想听鬼故事吗?
是新的吗?
Is it a new one?
最后一个月,听明白了吗?
Another month. Understand?
我会从坟墓升起…
I will rise from the grave...
讲述我遭受的背叛
...to tell the tale of the treachery I have suffered.
并寻求复仇
And to seek my revenge!
魔鬼灼热的目光…
Scarcely had the demon cast...
还没落到她身上
...his burning stare upon her...
在她冰冷的双颊…
...in her icy cheeks...
克莱尔…
Claire, Claire. Claire!
只是恶梦罢了
It's just a nightmare.
没事
It's all right.
回去睡觉吧
Go back to sleep.
没事了
It's all right.
好好睡吧
Go back to sleep.
( 为女权辩护 )
( 关于政♥治♥及道德问题的批判 )
(作者玛丽沃斯通克拉夫特)
睡不着吗?
You can't sleep?
你想她吗?
Do you miss her?
(作者玛丽沃斯通克拉夫特)
她充满热情
She was so full of passion.
毫不妥协
So full of defiance.
仿佛跟所有人与全世界为敌
As if she were at war constantly
with everyone and everything.
也享受奋战的每一刻
And enjoying every moment of the battle.
像你母亲这样的斗士总是活不长
Warriors like your mother are never long for this world.
恶魔的利爪扑向女子的颈部
The Devil's claws lunged
at the maiden's neck.
把他的爪子…
Sinking his talons...
深深嵌入她成熟苍白的肌肤
...deep, deep into her ripe, pale skin.
鲜血滴下…
Blood dripped... like tracks in milky snow.
像雪地上的足迹
玛丽?
Mary?
她放声尖叫
She screamed.
你在哪里?
Where are you?
没有人在看店
No one watching the shop,
你却躲在这里像小孩一样涂鸦吗?
and you back here scribbling away like a child.
瞧瞧你有什么重要事
让你把工作都抛下了
Let's see what's so important
that it's kept you from your work, shall we?
这是隐私
It is private.
两位伟大作家的女儿脑袋在想什么?
What thoughts haunt the daughter
of these esteemed writers?
放手
Let go!
玛丽
Mary.
她推我
She pushed me!
你没看到她… 我什么都没做
- Did you not see her- - I didn't do anything.
你还好吗?
You all right?
我没办法跟这种人一起生活
I can't live with someone like this.
她一点都不懂得尊重
There's not a grain of respect in her.
我什么都没做 够了…
- I didn't do anything! - That's enough. That's enough.
他是我的老朋友
He's an old friend.
巴克斯特先生和我都深信教育的力量
Mr. Baxter is as firm a believer in education
as I am.
你在他家会很自在的
You'll find his house very comfortable.
在苏格兰?
Scotland?
我是因为爱你才把你送走,玛丽
I'm sending you away
because I love you, Mary.
因为我由衷希望
And because I sincerely hope
你在那里能找到你所需要的庇护
that you'll find the refuge that you need there.
而且独自一人也能给你时间反省
Also that the solitude will give you time
for introspection.
你的作品…
Your writing...
只是一味模仿
...this is the work of an imitator.
排除他人的思想与文字,玛丽
Rid yourself of the thoughts and words
of other people, Mary.
找到自己的声音
Find your own voice.
玛丽,欢迎你
Mary! Welcome.
天啊,你跟你母亲简直一模一样
Oh, my God, you look so much like your mother.
谢天谢地,一点都不像你父亲
And, thank the Lord, not a thing like your father.
我是威廉巴克斯特
I'm William Baxter. This is my daughter Isabel.
这是我女儿伊莎贝尔
我们会尽量让你过得愉快,玛丽
We'll do our best to keep you amused out here, Mary.
这里虽然不像伦敦那么热闹
It may not be as bustling as London,
但我们一定能有法子找乐子的
but I'm sure we can find some ways to pass the time.
这里的夜晚很不一样
The night is so different here.
这么安静大家怎么睡得着?
How do people sleep with all this silence?
走吧,我刚好知道一个地方
Come on, I know just where to go.
我想过用招魂的方式
I've thought of trying to summon my mother...
来召唤我母亲
...by séance.
但她生前缠绵病榻很久
But she suffered so long with illness...
万一她终于安息了呢?
...what if she has finally found peace at last?
再去打扰她不是太残忍♥了?
Wouldn't it be cruel to disturb her?
你觉得这真的会成功吗?
Do you think it could really work,
跟亡者沟通?
reaching the dead?
我已经感觉到她的存在了
I already feel her presence.
我好想念她
I miss her so much.
没有一天不想念的
Not a day goes by when I don't think of her.
你想过要试着跟你母亲联♥系♥吗?
Would you ever consider trying to contact your mother?
也许她不希望我这么做
Maybe she wouldn't want me to.
毕竟是我害死她的
Given I was the one who killed her.
我出生几天后她就去世了
She died just days after I was born.
玛丽
Oh, Mary.
我喜欢待在苏格兰
I love it in Scotland.
一切都跟我预期不同
电影精选列表