So you aren't dying?
只会无聊死
Only from boredom.
你是说你根本没生病?
You mean you weren't sick at all?
这…
Well... maybe a little bit.
也许有一点吧
(平均常态藏书五千卷)
(在手边)
可怜的笼中鸟
Poor captive bird!
从你的窄笼中
Who, from thy narrow cage
唱出美妙的乐音,仿佛要安抚
Pourest such music, that it might assuage
囚禁者的心
The rugged hearts of those who prisoned thee
只要他们不是对甜美旋律充耳不闻
Were they not deaf towards sweet melody
愿这首歌♥化为陪伴你的玫瑰
This song shall be thy rose, its petals pale
我亲爱的夜莺,虽花瓣已枯萎
Are dead, indeed,
my adored Nightingale!
我母亲最近感兴趣的对象
It seems my mother's latest reverie
似乎是你父亲的年轻门生
is a young protégé for your father.
我们晚餐最好表现好一点
We are all to be on our best behavior
以赢得他的欢心
at dinner tonight to win him over.
他显然很富有
He's wealthy, evidently.
她是个拥有不屈不挠精神的女性
She's a woman of indomitable hope,
我无法否认这说法
I can't deny her that.
珀西雪莱先生
Mr. Percy Shelley,
容我介绍内人戈德温太太
may I present Mrs. Godwin, my wife.
还有我们的孩子
And our children, William, Claire and Mary.
威廉,克莱尔和玛丽
幸会
Delighted.
我丈夫说你是诗人,雪莱先生
My husband tells me you're a poet, Mr Shelley.
他对你的作品赞不绝口
He speaks very highly of your work.
他过奖了,戈德温太太
Well, I am humbled by his praise, Mrs. Godwin.
我必须承认我的作品还不广为人知
I must admit, though, my work is not yet widely known.
不过我刚完成第二卷
Although I have just completed my second volume which...
正等着出版
...awaits publication.
这么年轻有为真不简单
Very impressive achievement
for such a young man.
我的任何成就都受到您的耳濡目染
Any achievement of mine
falls within the shadow
戈德温先生
of your influence, Mr. Godwin.
不敢当
You flatter me.
希望您考虑我的提议
Hope you will
收我为门生
consider my proposal
to take me on as your protégé.
我有很丰厚的津贴可用
I have a considerable allowance at my disposal...
很乐意用来补偿占用您的时间
...and would gladly reimburse you for any time you might spare.
那么我也责无旁贷…
Well, I feel duty bound to...
得担起这个责任
...foster such ability.
那就这么说定了
Well then, that's settled.
我们真幸运
How fortunate we are
能见到两个伟大心灵
to be in the presence of two great minds.
你一定要来看我们的书店,雪莱先生
You must see our bookshop, Mr. Shelley.
我有一份希腊文原版的 伊利亚德
I have a copy of "The Iliad"
in the original Greek.
Hmm.
也许晚餐后玛丽能带你去看
Perhaps Mary will show it to you after dinner.
你怎么会来这里?
How are you here?
难道我寻求伟大的戈德温先生的教导
Does it seem so strange that I would seek out the tutelage
很奇怪吗?
of the great William Godwin?
显然我不只是来见你父亲的
Clearly I'm not only here to see your father.
那你为什么来?
Then why are you here?
为了再次感受血液冻结
To once again feel the curdling of my blood
心跳加速的感觉
and the quickening of the beatings of my heart.
玛丽?
Mary?
雪莱先生?
Mr. Shelley?
你父亲想见雪莱先生
Your father would like to see Mr. Shelley.
谢谢
Thank you.
我马上就过去
I will be with him momentarily.
我很享受…
I'm quite enjoying the, uh, collection.
你们的藏书
看得出来
So I see.
我说过了
As I was saying,
你父母让我深受启发
both your parents are a great source of inspiration to me.
我出生十天后母亲就过世了
My mother died when I was ten days old.
抱歉,我不知道
I'm sorry, I had no idea.
没关系
Don't be sorry.
我喜欢谈她
I love to talk about her.
虽然我不曾真的认识她
Even if I never truly knew her.
她是一切矛盾的化身
All of the contradictions she embodied.
现在所有人
All anyone ever talks about...
都只谈她有多么想逃离
...now is how she wanted to go off
跟一个有妇之夫和他妻子一起生活
and live with a married man and his wife...
过三人行的生活
...in a ménage à trois.
你怎么想呢?
And what do you think about...
对于这些看法?
...all that?
我不介意
I have no problem with it.
人们应该过自己想要与喜爱的生活
People should live and love as they wish.
有一件事我一直无法理解
But one thing I've never understood is...
为什么你父母这么前卫的人
...why did two radicals such as your parents
却屈服于婚姻?
succumb to marriage?
为了给我合法身分
To legitimize me.
明天…
Meet me...
跟我见面
...tomorrow.
你选个地点
Just tell me where.
有个地方我会自己去
There is a place I go alone.
我不确定你会怎么看待那里
I'm not sure what you'll make of it.
就像我的避风港
My sanctuary of sorts.
那也会是我的避风港
Then it will be my sanctuary, too.
我有空就会过来
I come here whenever I can.
好感受她的拥抱
Just to feel her embrace.
我父亲让我临摹她碑文的文字
My father taught me to read...
来教会我阅读
...by tracing the letters of her name.
(玛丽沃斯通克拉夫特戈德温)
我不知道我在这里等什么
I don't know what it is I'm waiting for here.
也许你在等某个人身出手
Maybe you're just waiting for someone to reach out and...
也给你一个拥抱
...return your embrace.
我以为我们会躲不过雨
I thought we would never escape the rain.
我宁可去户外淋雨
I think I'd rather suffer the deluge outside.
如果上帝无所不在
If God is everywhere,
那人类为何要为祂建造教堂?
then why must Man erect temples to Him?
因为人的想像
Because it is your imagination
才是发挥德行的工具
that is the instrument of moral good,
而不是靠这四面墙
not these four walls.
来看看伟大的造物主会不会击倒我们
Let's see if the Great Creator strikes us down.
你应该对上帝感到敬畏
You shall fear the Lord your God.
王座,圣坛,审判席和监狱
Thrones, altars...
...judgement seats, and prisons,
全都是庞大独♥裁♥体制的一部分
they are all part of one gigantic, despotic system...
用来粉碎人们的灵魂
...designed to crush the soul of Man.
他们空洞的契约对我们毫无约束力
Their empty covenant has no power over us.
我不惧怕上帝或祂在世间的追随者
I fear not of God,
or His henchmen on Earth.
Hmm.
有人来了
Someone's here.
珀西
Percy.
珀西
我们的审判日来了吗?
So the Judgement Day is upon us already.
有人吗?
Hello?
有人在吗?
Is anyone there?
雪莱先生,真的印成书了
Oh, Mr. Shelley, it is a real book.
(珀西比希雪莱, 麦布女王 )
你的名字用烫金体真好看
Your name looks so good in that gold typeface.
我相信这会比你的
I'm sure it will be more popular
那本论无神论的美德更受欢迎
than your treatise on the virtues of atheism.
鬼故事和浪漫小说也许会畅销
Ghost stories and romance novels might sell, my dear,
但只有挑战传统教条与迷信的作品
but it's books that challenge the common doctrine
and superstition that will truly endure.
才会历久不衰
我们需要这类大胆的作品
We rely on brave works like this
让世界摆脱苦难与妄想
to push the world out of its misery and delusion.
做得好
Well done, sir.
希望你喜欢,戈德温小姐
I hope you like it, Miss Godwin.
电影精选列表