♪ Oh, can you hear the sound now? ♪
♪ Everybody catch my wave ♪
♪ I can never leave this town now ♪
♪ Everything goes my way ♪
♪ Oh, can you hear the sound now? ♪
♪ Everybody catch my wave ♪
♪ I can never leave this town now ♪
♪ Everything goes my way ♪
每年的12月20日这天
December 20th is the worst day of the year
行经约翰甘迺迪国际机场 简直是最大的恶梦
to travel through John F. Kennedy International Airport.
当天的出入境乘客超过19万3千人
Over 193,000 passengers arrive and depart that day...
造成报到时间平均延迟23分钟
...causing, on average, 23-minute delays at check-in
等待安检的时间最长可达117分钟
and a peak wait time of 117 minutes at security.
但在所有乘客 被碍手碍脚的这个不便日子裡...
But of all the passengers inconvenienced on this inconvenient day...
借过 -抱歉
Excuse me. - Sorry.
只有一个故事值得关注
...it is the story of only one that matters.
因为今天,那位乘客迟到了
Because today, that passenger is late.
借过
Excuse me.
抱歉!
Oh. Sorry. Sorry!
哈德莉苏利文即将因迟到四分钟
Hadley Sullivan is about to miss her flight to London
错过前往伦敦的班机
by four minutes.
等一下,拜託,我到了
Wait! Please, I'm here.
抱歉,小姐,妳太迟了
Uh, sorry, miss. You're too late.
♪ Everything goes my way ♪
TA-5120航♥班♥上有367名乘客
There are 367 souls aboard flight TA-5120.
412件行李,344项个人物品
412 pieces of luggage, 344 personal items,
4隻情绪支持动物和62个颈枕
4 emotional support animals, and 62 neck pillows.
这群乘客将一起飞行6小时47分钟
Together, these passengers will travel for 6 hours and 47 minutes,
但全程少了哈德莉
all without Hadley.
有人可能会说 差四分钟错过班机很倒楣
Some might say it's bad luck to miss one's flight by four minutes.
或许可以想成一切都是冥冥中注定
Or you might prefer to think that everything happens for a reason.
但对哈德莉来说 那四分钟一点也不是运气差
But for Hadley, those four minutes won't be unlucky at all.
因为很快有个女孩将会和男孩相遇
Because very soon, a girl and a boy will meet,
一切将就此改变
and it will change everything.
(《仲夏夜之梦》)
但我先声明
But just to be clear, this isn't a story about love.
这并不是关于爱情的故事
而是关于命运
This is a story about fate.
或者说统计数据
Or statistics.
取决于不同谈话对像而定
Really just depends on who you're talking to.
《一切始于一见锺情》
故事的女主角是哈德莉艾拉苏利文
The girl is Hadley Ella Sullivan.
芳龄20岁,身高165公分
Twenty years old, 65 inches tall.
她有21%的时间会迟到
She's late 21% of the time, which is, coincidentally,
碰巧等于她的手♥机♥电池 平均的剩馀电量
the average battery life of her cell phone.
她害怕三样东西,包括美乃滋
She's afraid of three things,
including mayonnaise,
狭小空间和牙医
small spaces,
and dentists.
但有一件事,她从没想过会害怕
There was one thing, however, she never thought to be afraid of.
只是一学期而已
It's just for a term.
爸,你要去莎士比亚的祖国 教诗歌♥赏析
Dad, you're literally gonna be teaching poetry in the country Shakespeare's from.
怎麽能不觉得兴奋? -我超兴奋的
How are you not freaking out right now? - Oh, I'm freakin' out.
太棒了
This is awesome.
我一直想出国留学... -其实...
I've always wanted to study abroad...Actually,
宝贝,妳跟我要留在国内
honey, you and I are staying here.
为什麽?
Why?
她还没准备好承认 但在她的恐惧清单中
She wasn't ready to admit it, but on her list of fears,
离婚的排名突然狠狠挤下美乃滋
divorce suddenly ranked much higher than mayonnaise.
我们只能帮妳安排搭下一个航♥班♥
The best thing we can do is get you on the next flight.
还剩两个座位,都是商务舱
There are two seats left, both in business.
何时起飞? - 一个半小时后
When does that leave? - Hour and a half.
上午9点55分抵达伦敦
Arrives in London at 9:55 a.m.
我爸的婚礼在中午 -妳需要考虑一下吗?
My dad's wedding's at noon. - Do you need to think about it?
等我一下好吗?
You know, can you give me one second? I'll just be...
我就...抱歉,请稍等
Sorry, just one second.
我打个...
Just, uh...
亲爱的,怎麽了?
Hey, sweetie. What's up?
嘿,我错过了班机 -什麽?
Hey, I, uh, missed my flight. - What?
我可以搭下一班
Yeah, I can get on the next one, but there's only business.
但只剩商务舱,而且10点才会抵达
It doesn't get in till 10:00.
明天吗?
Tomorrow?
不,今晚,我会搭彗星过去 -哈德莉
No, tonight. I'll be traveling by comet. - Hadley.
抱歉
Sorry.
好吧,买♥♥机票,我再给妳钱
All right, well, buy the ticket, and... and I'll reimburse you.
不用,我可以自己付 -别傻了
Uh, no, I can pay for it. - Don't be ridiculous.
妳负担不起 -好吧,谢谢
You can't afford that. - Okay. Thank you.
我真的要走了
I really have to go.
好吧,
All right.
降落时传简讯给我,好吗?
Well, text me right when you land, okay?
嗯,好
Yeah, okay.
再见 -再见
Bye. - Bye.
好,请给我一张伦敦的商务舱机票
Okay, yeah.One business-class ticket to London, please.
谢谢,谢了
Thank you. Thanks.
抱歉
Sorry.
If you see any unattended luggage
or anything suspicious, contact the TSA immediately.
If you see something, say something.
插座坏了
Oh. It's dead.
所以才空着
So that's why it's open.
想也知道
Course it is.
什麽?
What? - Um...
算了,没事,谢谢
Never mind. Nothing. Thank you.
AI-3670航♥班♥现在开始登机...
...boarding announcement for flight AI-3670...
我的可以借妳用
You can borrow mine if you want.
你们应该猜到了 这位就是男主角,奥利佛马丁琼斯
This, as you may have guessed, is the boy.Oliver Martin Jones,
22岁,身高180公分
22 years old, 1.8 meters tall.
他94%的时间都很守时
He is on time 94% of the time,
碰巧等于他的手♥机♥电池 平均的剩馀电量
which is coincidentally the average battery life on his mobile phone.
他从小到大也有三种害怕的东西
He too has always been afraid of three things,
细菌、黑暗
germs, the dark...
与意外
...and surprises.
这是卷轴...
Here is the scroll...
卷轴?
The scroll?
上面写着 每个理想人选的名字
...on which is writ every man's name that is thought fit
总共...
in all...
目前还没有扩散
At the moment, it's still localized.
如果治疗得当,她复原的机率非常高
With the right course of treatment, her chances are very good.
病情的发展有时难以预料
These things aren't always predictable.
从那一刻起 奥利佛就决定再也不想要那种意外
It was then that Oliver decided he'd never be surprised like that again.
如今我们生活的一切 都用大数据来衡量
Everything in our lives is now measured by big data.
包括好友人数、购物习惯 甚至是日常步行数
Our social connections, our buying habits, even our daily steps.
这表示有朝一日
That means that eventually, one day,
我们生活每个环节都会变得可预测
everything in our lives will be predictable.
还是有些事会让我们措手不及
I think there's always some things that will catch us by surprise.
如果有足够的数据就不会
Not if we have enough data.
当一个人害怕意外时
When you're afraid of surprises,
把生活保护得滴水不漏似乎比较好
it can seem better to leave nothing to chance.
我的可以借妳用
Borrow mine, if you want.
那是在遇见手♥机♥没电的美国女孩之前
That is, until you meet an American girl with a dead phone battery.
抱歉,要等到第三次约会 我才跟别人共用电子产品
Sorry, I don't, uh, share electronics till the third date.
好吧,这的确是挺亲密的
Okay. No, I... I suppose it is quite intimate.
我充好了,插座可以给妳用
Yeah, I'm done, if you wanna use it.
谢谢,我...
Oh, uh... thanks. I...
电池一直挂掉
Battery keeps dying.
可能只是需要维修一下
It probably just needs a service.
手♥机♥电池的充电次数有限
Phone batteries, they have a finite number of charging cycles.
你是什麽科技哥吗,还是...
You, like, a tech bro, or...
数学鬼才
A maths geek.
我在耶鲁大学读统计
I'm studying statistics at Yale.
拐个弯说自己是学霸
Subtle status drop there.
英国人嘛,妳知道,我忍♥不住
British, you know? Can't help myself.
对了,我是奥利佛
I'm Oliver, by the way.
跟《孤雏泪》的主角同名
As in Twist?
谁说美国人孤陋寡闻
And they say Americans are uncultured.
这是真的,但我很迷狄更斯
Oh. We definitely are. I'm just a Dickens fan.
我是哈德莉
I'm Hadley.
很高兴认识妳
Well, it's nice to meet you.
我也是
电影精选列表