助推器的简单测试
at a simple test of the boosters.
拿下伞 我的朋友
Hold that, my friend.
开始了
Here we go.
塔哒!- 哇哦
Ta-da! - Whoa.
哦
Oh.
好了
All right.
开始了
Here we go.
♪ Duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh ♪
只是助推器测试 但我们开始吧
Just a test to the booster, but here we go.
辅助电源启动
Auxiliary power initiating.
准备好 - 好的
Stand by. - All right.
三、二、一
Three, two, one.
什么?
What?
等等
Wait-
好的
Okay.
怎么回事?
What's going on?
没反应
It's not working.
哦 哇!
Oh, wow!
呃 拿住
Uh, h-hold this.
宇宙是真实的
The universe is factual.
它是客观的、可研究的和具像的
It's objective, study-able, and concrete.
它没有情绪 也没有感觉
It has no emotions and no feelings.
宇宙是理性的
The universe is rational.
化学
Chemistry.
数学
Mathematics.
生物学
Biology.
地球科学
Earth sciences.
物理
Physics.
来探索科学
So come explore science
让我们“一飞冲天”
as we go "Above and Beyond."
什么是实验?
What is an experiment?
实验是为反驳或验证假设
An experiment is a procedure carried out
而执行的一系列操作
to refute or validate a hypothesis.
实验是设定特定因子
Experiments provide insight into cause and effect
展示发生的结果
by demonstrating what outcomes occur
来探索因果关系
when a particular factor is manipulated.
干杯
Cheers to that.
谢谢 小琳
Thanks, Lin.
太棒了
It's just amazing.
他们终于看到了你的潜力
They're finally seeing your potential.
怎么了?
What's wrong?
我只是
I just-
我不确定是不是适合我
I'm not sure it's the right path for me.
你知道的 我是希望转到
You know, I think I was hoping to transition into something
动手型的技术部门之类的
hands-on like the technicians department or...
此外 单程通勤要两个小时
plus it's a two-hour commute each way.
几个月后离婚办完
And I don't even know where I'm gonna be living
我都不知道会住在哪里
once the divorce is finalized in a couple months.
但你自己说的
But you said it yourself.
人们终其一生都在等待这样的机会
People wait their whole lives for an opportunity like this.
是的 是的 我知道
Yes. Yes, I know.
我知道
I know.
你担心卡梅伦吗?
Are you worried about Cameron?
没有
No.
我是说 我觉得应该在我调岗之前让他知道
I mean, I think he should know before I commit-
说难听点
To be blunt,
他真的疯了
he's really lost it.
他已经在被征收的房♥子里睡了几个星期了
He's been sleeping in your condemned house for weeks.
太不理智
It's not rational.
离开他对你也好
It'll be good for you to get away from him.
重新开始
Start fresh.
不管怎样 我 我真的为你感到高兴
Anyways, I'm just- I'm really happy for you.
你要么接受那份工作 要么...
You either take that job or...
回到老样子
go back to the way things were.
好吧 我想我们要再满上
Well, I think we need another refill here.
换香槟喝...
Maybe some champagne...
偷跑出来?
Sneaking out?
不 只是去散步
Nah, just going for a walk.
哈
Huh.
散步一般从大门进出
Usually, people use a door for that kind of thing.
我 呃 我想测试不太顺利 哈?
I, uh, take it the test didn't go so well, huh?
哦 成功得很
Oh, it was a huge success.
液氧在进气阀周围结冰了
Liquid oxygen froze around the intake valve,
导致压力上升
which built up pressure
然后爆开 喷得到处都是
until it popped and sprayed everywhere.
把车♥库♥给点燃了
Lit the garage on fire.
唔
Hm.
在康奈尔读书时
At Cornell,
我在《天体物理学期刊》上发表了三篇文章
I had published three articles in the "Astrophysical Journal"
那时我只有21岁
by the time I was 21.
还获得了该死的克劳福德奖
Won the damn Crawford.
而现在我一筹莫展 用一大堆阿波罗垃圾
Now I'm stuck building a DIY rocket
来DIY火箭
out of a hunk of Apollo garbage
只为了证明我不是一文不值
just to prove I'm worth a damn.
我快50岁了
I'm almost 50 years old.
还该折腾这种事吗?
Is that what I'm supposed to be doing?
老天爷
Jesus.
爱因斯坦26岁时
Einstein came up with the Theory of Relativity
就提出了相对论
when he was 26.
你知道我有名的是什么吗?
You know what I'm gonna be known for?
一档失败的儿童电视节目...
A failed children's television show...
还有一枚升不了空的火箭
And a rocket that didn't lift off.
有点诗意 真的
It's kind of poetic, really.
记住我的警告:别变老
Heed this warning: do not grow old.
哈
Huh.
嘿 又是那个女人
Hey, it's that woman again.
是的
Yeah.
我不知道她是在跟踪我还是在跟踪你
I don't know if she's following me or you.
熵
Entropy,
就是物体逐渐衰退
the gradual decaying of stuff.
信不信由你 随着时间的推移
Believe it or not, over time,
我们都在走向混乱
we're all headed towards chaos.
宇宙的自然状态
The natural state of the universe
事实上 是混乱 而不是秩序
is, in fact, chaos, not order.
你不睡在做什么?- 我们可以试着整理
What are you doing awake? - We can try to organize
并加以控制
our stuff and control it,
不过最终
but in the end,
事物总会回归混乱
it will always find its way back to chaos.
嗯 这听起来有点残酷 你不觉得吗 艾琳?
Well, that sounds kind of harsh, don't you think, Erin?
哦 这只是最大熵 小卡
Oh, it's just maximum entropy, Cam.
这是科学!
It's science!
晚上好 女士
Good evening, madam.
住口
Shut up.
哦 嗨
Oh, hey.
你好吗?
You good?
看我拿了什么
Lookee what I got.
这是什么?
What is this?
有点弄破了 不好意思
I mangled it a bit. Sorry.
“达茜· 彭佐斯即将举办万圣节派对”
"Darcy Penzone is having a Halloween party."
真蠢
That's stupid.
你想一起去吗?
Do you want to go with?
不 绝对不去
No, definitely not.
她有没有邀请你之类的?
Did she, like, invite you or something?
你又嫉妒了吗?
Are you jealous again?
我的意思是 你 有点 是的 我猜
I mean, y- kind of, yeah, I guess.
哦 我以为我不是你喜欢的类型
Oh, I thought I wasn't your type.
不 我嫉妒是因为她邀请了你
No, I'm jealous because she invited you
而不是我
and not me.
哈
Huh.
你确定你是同性恋?
Are you sure you're gay?
什么?
电影精选列表