ERNIE: And then arriving at the target, you could see everything quite clearly.
那是一个明亮、美丽的夜晚,可我们却是来摧毁与杀戮的
A brilliant, lovely night, and yet we were there to destroy and Kill.
乔治:当我们进入轰炸航线时,遇到了一点高射火力
GEORGE: When we went in on our bombing run
但不算太严重
there was a bit of flak, not too serious
我们能够投弹并且
and we were able to bomb and get out
相对顺利地撤离
without too much trouble.
厄尼:你可以清楚地看到地面,以及你正试图击中的目标
ERNIE: You could clearly see the ground and what you were trying to hit.
乔治:但那确实是一个月色皎洁的夜晚
GEORGE: But of course it was a brilliant moonlight night.
当德国战斗机赶到那里时,他们大开杀戒
When the fighters got there, they had a bit of a field day.
我们损失了四十多架飞机
We lost over 40 aircraft.
旁白:共有245名皇家空军机组人员阵亡
NARRATOR: 245 RAF aircrew were killed
地面约有700人遇难
along with approximately 700 people on the ground.
但这次空袭将 V2 火箭的开♥发♥推迟了数月
But the raid delayed development of the rockets by many months.
足以确保“V武器”不会成为希♥特♥勒♥所期望的
It was enough to ensure that the V-weapons would not be the war winner
能决定战局的致胜武器
that Hitler hoped for.
乔治:我们都为能参与那次行动感到自豪
GEORGE: We were quite proud to think that we'd taken part in that
最重要的是,我们大大松了一口气
and of course very much relieved that we didn't have to go back
不用再飞回去
cos that was...
因为我们都觉得
Well, we thought that that would be it
要是还得回去的话
if we had to go back.
那很可能我们都得翘辫子
That that would... that would be... that would be the chop.
所以,当宣布停飞时
So that was a huge sigh of relief.
我们都长舒了一口气
We were stood down.
彼得:世界上最有'氛围感'的地方
PETER: The most atmospheric place you can ever be
大概就是轰炸机基地了
is in a bomber station.
如果停飞休息了两天,就会举♥行♥舞会
If there's been a stand down for two days, there's a station dance
彼得·凯尔西
英国皇家空军飞行员
每个基地都有自己的乐队
and every station had got a dance band of some sort.
某人: “一、二.”
MAN: A one, two.
音乐响起:格伦·米勒的《小棕色酒壶》
MUSIC: "Little Brown Jug" by Glenn Miller
彼得:他们会把机库当作舞厅——把飞机往后推一点,就腾出地方
PETER: They used to use the hangars, they'd push the aeroplanes back
那儿有酒吧,有基地乐队在激♥情♥演奏格伦·米勒的乐曲
there's a bar, there's the station band belting out Glenn Miller.
那真是让人为之振奋
It's... It's electric.
充满了生命力与激♥情♥
Electric.
伊丽莎白:我们互相欢笑、开玩笑
ELIZABETH: We laughed and joked with each other
有些人结成了伴侣
and some paired off.
伊丽莎白·莫蒂默-库克
轰炸机司令部通信部队
妇女辅助空军
有些人会调皮捣蛋,你知道的
Some were a bit naughty and... you know.
贝蒂·特林:这些男孩变得非常珍贵
BETTY TRING: These boys became very precious.
非常珍贵
Very precious.
他们是轰炸机组人员
They were bomber crew.
能牵他们的手,或者拥抱他们一下,都是一种奇妙的感觉
Just to hold hands or hug a boy was magic.
贝蒂·特林
英国妇女辅助空军标图员
拉斯蒂:啤酒,还有姑娘
RUSTY: Beer and girls.
那时候就是这样
And this was the...
我们喝得特别多,即使不飞行的日子也一样
We drank an awful lot, even when you weren't flying.
拉斯蒂·沃曼
英国皇家空军飞行员
一晚喝6-8品脱(3-4升)都不算什么
Six, eight pints a night was nothing.
你永远不知道,今晚陪你喝酒的那个家伙
You never knew the guy that you were drinking with
明天还在不在
whether he's going to be there tomorrow or not.
我们习以为常了
We took it for granted.
乔治:你不会坐在餐厅里沉思忧虑
GEORGE: You didn't sit in the mess and dwell
你只会继续过日子,继续活着
you just got on with living.
电影《空中怪杰》 1945年
拉斯蒂:那些女孩是如此有爱心,如此可爱
RUSTY: And the girls were so affectionate and so lovely.
查尔斯,你看
Charles, look.
那边那个漂亮的姑娘是谁?
Who's that smasher over there?
我的一个朋友曾说过:"幸好还有性♥爱♥这回事,不然我早疯了"
One of my friends said, "Thank God for sex, it's kept me sane".
如果我邀请你跳支舞,你会怎么说?
What would you say if I asked you for a dance?
我应该会说……好呀.
I should rather be saying... yes. - Lovely.
太好了!我真是太幸运了
Well, I'm damned.
温迪:我就是在那时认识了一个年轻人
WENDY: Well, I met this young man
他叫布鲁斯,是一名驾驶'兰开斯特'轰炸机的飞行员
his name was Bruce, he was a pilot in a Lanc.
他邀请我跳舞
And he asked me to dance
我们就那样
and I mean, we just...
坠入爱河
you know, we fell in love really.
温迪·卡特
妇女辅助空军电传打字机操作员
只要他没出任务、我没值班
We used to meet whenever he wasn't on ops
我们就会见面
or I wasn't on duty.
那真是一段美好的时光
So that was just wonderful.
然而,我们从不谈论他做的事情
And yet we never spoke about what he did.
我们不提战争,不提任务
We didn't talk about it.
在某种意义上,是很对的
And in a way it was right really.
任务结束了
That was done.
就该继续往前走
And then it was on to the next one.
温福德·沃恩-托马斯:控制塔上的绿灯闪了
WYNFORD VAUGHAN-THOMAS: The green light flashes on the control tower.
温福德·沃恩-托马斯的英国广播公♥司♥(BBC)实况录音之声
轮到我们起飞了,我们开始沿着
It's our turn to go now as we start to slowly gather speed
一英里半长的跑道缓慢地加速
down the mile-and-a-half-long runway.
柏林
旁白: 从1943年8月起的八个月里
NARRATOR: For eight months from August 1943
皇家空军轰炸司令部的主要行动中有三分之一
one in three of Bomber Command's major operations
是针对德国首都柏林
were against Germany's capital.
哈里斯曾对丘吉尔说:
Harris said to Churchill
“如果美军空军一同参与,我们就能将柏林彻底夷为平地
"We can wreck Berlin from end to end if the US Army Air Force will come in on it.
这会让我们损失四五百架飞机
It will cost between us 400 to 500 aircraft.
但也会让德国输掉这场战争"
It will cost Germany the war. "
温福德录音:我们正越过海岸
WYNFORD ON RECORDING: We're crossing the coast in good company.
前方还有另一架'兰开斯特',在我们宽阔的右翼上空同行
Another Lancaster away and over our broad starboard wing.
在我们正前方就是黑暗和德国
Right before us now is the darkness and Germany.
拉斯蒂:路程很远,飞到柏林要四个小时
RUSTY: It was a long way, four hours to Berlin
再飞回来又是四个小时.
and then you had to get four hours back.
乔治:在心底你会想着
GEORGE: At the back of your mind you were thinking
“柏林的防空一定非常严密.”
"Well, Berlin is gonna be very heavily defended"
所以难免有点紧张,不知道自己将要面对什么
SO you were a bit apprehensive as to what you might expect.
奇克:德国人变得越来越老练
CHICK: The Germans became very adept, of course.
我们的轰炸技术在提高
Our bombing techniques improved
但德国人击落我们的技术也在进步
but also German technique of shooting us down improved.
温福德录音:我现在正往后看,我能看到我们的中上炮手
WYNFORD ON RECORDING: I'm just glancing back now, I can see our mid upper gunner
他的炮塔正在移♥动♥,在黑暗中搜寻着目标
his turret moving, searching in the darkness.
我们已经进入了夜间战斗机的领地
We're in the land of the night fighter.
首先传来的——是炮火的轰鸣声
The first thing would be the thunder of guns.
某人:左后方有战斗机靠近,机长
MAN: Fighter coming in port quarter, skipper!
我尖叫道:“右舵——做螺旋规避,快!
I screamed, "Corkscrew starboard go!"
规避动作就是螺旋机动
The evasive manoeuvre was corkscrew.
你打满副翼
You put full aileron on
把操纵杆推到底,加速到每小时360英里
you pushed the stick right down to 360 miles an hour.
到了最低点时你得拼尽全力
When you get to the bottom
猛拉那该死的操纵杆,把机头拉上来
with some physical effort, you pull the bloody thing like that
爬到另一侧
and pull it up the other side.
你就这样俯冲再爬升,呈现出螺旋式的飞行轨迹
You dived down and climbed up and you're flying this corkscrew pattern.
温福德录音:兰开斯特机头往下冲
WYNFORD ON RECORDING: Down goes the nose of the Lancaster.
我们感觉好像被狠狠地甩了一圈
We feel like as if we've been flung around.
机翼以极陡的角度上仰
A furious angle, up comes our starboard wing.
随后又重复那一套动作——到那时,要么你已经阵亡
And then you repeat the operation by which time either you're dead
要么敌机被迫撤离
or he's shoved off.
温福德录音:我们首先看到的是一串红色的火花.远在右舷那边
WYNFORD ON RECORDING: First thing we can see now is a stream of red sparks.
是夜间战机发射的曳光弹
Away to the starboard, tracer from night fighters.
我看到了曳光弹,然后心里想:‘那个家伙到底在哪里?’
I saw a tracer and I'm like "Where is the so and so?"
突然他出现了
And all of a sudden he's appeared
我的手指一直扣着扳机
and I just kept my fingers on the triggers.
然后我看到他机翼上冒出火舌
And then I saw licks of flames coming off his wings.
汤姆·罗杰斯
英国皇家空军机♥枪♥手
接着他翻滚起来,燃烧着坠下去了
And all of a sudden he turned over and went down in flames.
“我击中了他!我击中了他!”
I got him! I got him!
那时我心想:‘我希望我的子弹已经杀死了他们.’
And I thought to myself then, "I hope my bullets have killed them"
电影《空中怪杰》 1945年
因为没有比被火烧死更糟的死法了
cos there's nothing worse than to die by fire.
温福德录音:看!快看!他们击中他了!
WYNFORD ON RECORDING: Look! Look! They've got him!
伙计们认出来,那是一架容克斯 Ju88
The boys, they make it a Junkers 88.
鲍勃:我只执行了两次柏林任务
BOB: I only did two Berlins.
杰克·沃森:我们总共去了柏林四次
JACK WATSON: We did four trips on Berlin altogether.
电影精选列表