机♥枪♥手: 左,左
GUNNER: Left, left.
稳住
Steady.
在1941年,如果你炸中目标五英里以内
In 1941, if you bombed a target and got within five miles of it
鲍勃·利德汉
英国皇家空军飞行工程师
就算他妈的命中了
you reckon that was a bloody good hit.
尼克·尼科尔斯: 德国防御一直都在加强
NICK NICHOLS: And all the time the German defences were getting stronger.
我们执行任务时就知道会有伤亡
We went into this knowing that there was going to be losses
尼克·尼科尔斯
英国皇家空军的无线电操作员
呃,我们只是希望不是我们
and er, we just hoped it wasn't going to be us.
大卫: 我们被一锥探照灯困住,大约15盏灯
DAVID: We were caught in a cone of search lights, about 15 lights
他们猛烈开火
and they hammered hell out of us.
我的炮塔着火了
My turret was on fire.
突然导航员说
Suddenly the navigator said
“小心,大卫,左后方有敌机”
"Look out, Dave, for that fighter on the port quarter”
当然,我试着转动枪……
and of course, went to swing the gun...
……炮塔转不动
...turret wouldn't move.
天哪,那一刻我真是急得都快哭了
God, I could have wept with frustration.
大卫: 我完全派不上用场
DAVID: I was useless.
好了伙计们,别担心.一切都好
OK chaps, don't worry. Everything's alright.
大卫: 然后我们接到命令,跳伞逃生
DAVID: Then we were given the orders to bail out.
有人受伤吗?
Anybody hurt?
机组成员: 无线电操作员中弹了
CREW MEMBER: The wireless operator's copped it.
大卫: 一落地
DAVID: Once I landed
我就遇到一些建筑,我以为是农舍
I came across some buildings, and I thought they were farm buildings
然后一扇门开了,一道光柱射出
and then a door opened, and a shaft of light shot out
一个声音喊“停下!”
and a voice said "Halt!"
我举起手
And I put my hands up
那是一座被探照灯部队占用的建筑
and it was a building occupied by searchlight crews.
他们用白兰地和咖啡款待我们
And we were regaled with cognac and coffee.
我记得一个家伙说
And I remember one guy saying
“别担心,战争很快结束,我们的元首会
"Don't worry, the war will soon be over, and our Fuhrer will ride on a white horse
骑白马进白金汉宫,占领那里.”
up to Buckingham Palace and take occupation.”
我们说,“那就等着瞧吧”
We said,"Wait and see".
旁白: 大卫·弗雷泽的俘虏者没等太久
NARRATOR: David Fraser's captors did not have to wait too long.
新开♥发♥的轰炸机,能把闪电战带回到柏林
In the works were new aircraft that could take the Blitz back to Berlin.
英国皇家航♥空♥研究院
法恩伯勒
我想,真的,很讽刺,呃……
I suppose, really, it's ironical that, er...
兰开斯特是怎么被意外研发的
how the Lane was developed almost accidentally.
旁白: 英国皇家空军已经订购了两种新式轰炸机
NARRATOR: Two of these new bombers, the Stirling and Halifax
’斯特林’和’哈利法克斯’
were already on order for the RAF.
而在阿夫罗公♥司♥
At aircraft builders Avro
首席工程师罗伊·查德威克认为他能做得更好
chief engineer Roy Chadwick thought he could do better.
那就是一款名为’曼彻斯特’的双引擎轰炸机
A twin-engined aircraft called the Manchester.
但它的劳斯莱斯’秃鹰’发动机问题不断
But its Rolls-Royce Vulture engines were causing trouble.
鲍勃:’秃鹰’引擎完全是革命性的设计
BOB: They were a completely revolutionary type of design
但始终没有成功
but it was never successful.
一升空,就立刻出问题
The minute they got airborne they got problems straight away.
接二连三的发动机故障,没完没了
Nothing but engine failures, one after another.
旁白: 尽管已投产,
NARRATOR: Although already in production
但’曼彻斯特’的命运岌岌可危
the fate of the Manchester hung in the balance.
皇家空军急需新轰炸机,于是查德威克提出激进方案
With the RAF desperate for new bombers, Chadwick suggested a radical solution.
他将那两台有缺陷的’秃鹰’发动机,换成了四台性能可靠的劳斯莱斯’梅林’发动机
He swapped the two flawed Vultures for four proven Rolls-Royce Merlins
与‘喷火’战斗机使用相同的引擎
the same engine that powered the Spitfire.
结果,他们对性能的提升惊叹不已
And they were so amazed at the difference in performance
就这样,‘兰开斯特’轰炸机几乎在阴差阳错之间诞生了
and that's really how the Lancaster developed almost accidentally.
阿尔伯特·冈恩: 我们有六个人,全是机♥枪♥手学员
ALBERT GUNN: There were six of us, all trainee gunners.
我们在吃午饭时,
We were in having lunch
被告知,“好了,先生们
when we were told, "Right, gentlemen, you're all going back
你们都回机库
to such and such a hangar
阿尔伯特·冈恩
英国皇家空军机♥枪♥手
那里会有其他空勤人员等着你们”
and they'll be a lot of other air crew there."
然后这几乎像蒙提·派森(喜剧团体)的桥段.
And then this was almost out of Monty Python.
彼得·凯尔西
英国皇家空军飞行员
他们说“好了,先生们,我们都完成了训练
They said "Well, gentlemen, we've all completed our training
现在——呃——要自己组建机组”
and now we've um, we've got to get together to form crews."
哈尔·加德纳: 然后我们被告知
HAL GARDNER: And what we were told then
你们自己挑队友
you pick your own crew.
哈尔·加德纳
英国皇家空军的领航员
嗯,我们觉得这简直疯了
Well, we thought this was madness.
你对别人的能力或背景一无所知
You had no idea of people's abilities or their background whatsoever.
拉斯蒂·沃曼
英国皇家空军飞行员
我们就那样到处走来走去,看着人,看着他们的徽章
And we wandered around looking at people and looking at their brevets.
托尼·亚当斯: 从制♥服♥上的徽章
TONY ADAMS: From the brevet on your uniform
能看出你在机组里是什么职务
it indicated what you were in the crew.
“N”代表导航员
"N" for navigator
“S”代表信♥号♥♥员或无线电操作员,诸如此类.
"S" for signals or wireless operator, etcetera.
托尼·亚当斯
澳大利亚皇家空军信♥号♥♥员
约翰·贝尔: 你首先想的是
JOHN BELL: So the first thing you think about is
“我要怎么找一个能带我活着度过战争的飞行员?”
"How do I find a pilot who is going to get me through the war?"
约翰·贝尔
英国皇家空军观察员 投弹手
你得好好想想这事,因为你明白“我和这些家伙绑在一起了”
You had to think a bit about this because you realise "I'm stuck with these guys".
你会想,“天哪,这人要是当飞行员可不妙!”
You would think, "Gosh, I don't fancy him as a pilot!"
比尔·珀迪: 你要和他们同生共死
BILL PURDY: You're going to live or die with them
所以你得确保自己能活下来
SO you made sure you were going to live.
比尔·珀迪
英国皇家空军飞行员
你会四处说,“我缺个领航员,
You'd go around saying, "I'm short of a navigator
你想和我飞吗?”
would you like to fly with me?"
“我们没后机♥枪♥手,看能不能找一个.”
"We haven't got a rear gunner, let's see if we can find a rear gunner."
艾伦·比芬
英国皇家空军飞行员
如果你对那人有好感、谈得来,你就提出加入他们的机组
And if you liked who you were talking to, you'd offer to go in the crew with them.
汤姆·罗杰斯
英国皇家空军机♥枪♥手
本尼: 要是让我从头挑一遍,我也挑不出比他们更好的队友了
BENNY: If I'd handpicked the best, I couldn't have done better
因为我们一见如故,天生合拍
because we just gelled.
本尼·古德曼
英国皇家空军飞行员
有点像相亲大会
It was like a dating agency in a way.
查尔斯·克拉克
英国皇家空军投弹手
我想,有点缘分在里面.
A little bit of wizardry, I think.
比尔·古尔德
英国皇家空军飞行工程师
杰克·沃森: 我当时并不知道
JACK WATSON: I didn't know it at the time
我加入了空军最好的机组
but I was joining the best crew in the Air Force.
杰克·沃森
英国皇家空军飞行工程师
每个机组都觉得自己是最好的
Every crew thought they were the best crew.
罗恩·梅希尔
新西兰皇家空军投弹手
大家彼此相处融洽
Everybody got on very well with each other.
这正是最可贵的地方,毕竟
That was the great part of it because after all
乔治·邓恩
英国皇家空军飞行员
整个任务的核心就是团队合作
the whole thing was about teamwork.
旁白: 1941年6月,德国入侵苏联
NARRATOR: In June 1941, Germany invaded the Soviet Union.
苏联红军被打得措手不及
With the Red Army overwhelmed
英国必须支持新盟友对抗希♥特♥勒♥
it was vital that Britain support its new ally in the fight against Hitler.
丘吉尔: 我们已向苏联政♥府♥提供我们
CHURCHILL: We have offered to the government of Soviet Russia
力所能及的任何技术或经济援助
any technical or economic assistance which is in our power.
旁白: 丘吉尔知道
NARRATOR: Churchill knew there was only one way
只有一种方式能减轻苏联的压力
he could relieve the pressure on the Russians.
丘吉尔: 我们将日夜轰炸德国
CHURCHILL: We shall bomb Germany by day as well as by night
温斯顿·丘吉尔于 1941 年 6 月 22发表《对抗纳粹的统一战线》演讲
并且规模将不断扩大
in ever-increasing measure
每个月都向他们倾泻更重的炸♥弹♥
casting upon them month by month a heavier discharge of bombs.
旁白: 几周后
NARRATOR: A few weeks later
首相见到了能助他赢得战争的飞机
the Prime Minister met the aircraft that could help him win the war.
那是阿夫罗兰开斯特的原型机
It was a prototype of Avro's Lancaster.
终于,他拥有了可以真正把战火带到敌国腹地的武器
Finally he had the means to take the fight to the enemy.
丘吉尔: 但这只是开始
CHURCHILL: But this is only a beginning.
从今以后,我们空军的主力扩张
From now henceforward, the main expansion of our Air Force
尤其是重型轰炸机,将以更快的速度推进
especially in heavy bombers, proceeds with gathering speed.
旁白: 1942年2月
NARRATOR: In February 1942
一位新的人被任命为轰炸机司令部的领导者
a new man was appointed to lead Bomber Command
阿瑟·哈里斯
Arthur Harris.
哈里斯的办公室
英国皇家空军海威科姆基地
他的目标是向世界展示战略轰炸究竟能达到怎样的效果
His intention was to show the world what strategic bombing could achieve.
阿瑟·哈里斯: 纳粹发动这场战争时
电影精选列表