英国皇家空军飞行员
杰克·沃森: 我们走进去,黑板上拉着帘子
JACK WATSON: We walked in and there is a curtain drawn across the backboard.
阿尔伯特: 然后指挥官走进来
ALBERT: And then in walked the CO
后面跟着一长串军官
and he would be followed by a whole string of officers
阿尔伯特·冈恩
英国皇家空军机♥枪♥手
按理说,他们都是各自领域的专家
who were all, in theory anyway, experts in their field.
托尼: 然后指挥官拉开
TONY: Then the commanding officer would pull back a curtain
覆盖北欧大地图的帘子
that was covering the huge map on the wall of northern Europe
对我们宣布“先生们
and he would announce to us
你们今晚的目标是……”
"Your target tonight, gentlemen, is..."
托尼·亚当斯
澳大利亚皇家空军信♥号♥♥员
当他们拉开帘子,告知你要去哪里时
It was dramatic, the revelation when they drew back the curtain
查尔斯·克拉克
英国皇家空军投弹手
那场面是充满戏剧性的
and told you where you were going.
如果是柏林或什么重大目标
And if it was Berlin or some of the big ones
拉斯蒂·沃曼
英国皇家空军飞行员
简报室里就会响起一阵叹息
there would be a groan going round the briefing room.
彼得: 当时总会传来各种惊呼
PETER: There would be various exclamations
还有些带着咒骂的感叹
of blasphemy and whatnot.
约翰: “我的天啊,不要再回那里了!
JOHN: "Oh Lord, not going back there again!"
别再是那个地方了!
"Not that place again!"
大家总是对气象预测持怀疑态度
There was always an air of suspicion over the Met forecasts.
它们总是被嘲笑、被嘘,你知道吗?
They were always laughed at and shouted down, you know?
‘哦,又是那个气象员,’ 因为他们从来没有预测准过.
"Oh, the Met man", cos they could never get it right.
‘天气很好,我们希望如此,所以你们应该
The weather's good, we hope, so you should have no difficulty
电影《空中怪杰》 1945年
能顺利找到目标,狠狠地轰炸它
in finding the target, so prang it and prang it hard.
明白了吗,伙计们?祝你们好运
Alright, chaps? And good luck.
杰克·沃森: 第一次执行任务时,你更多的是好奇——到底会发生什么?
JACK WATSON: On that first op you were more in wonder what was gonna happen.
但我也明白,从别人告诉我的那些情况来看
But I did realise that, from what people had told me
我们几乎是毫无生还的希望
you didn't stand an earthly.
威廉·贾奇: 我那时还很年轻,18岁,我害怕
WILLIAM JUDGE: I was young, 18 years old, and I was scared.
怕得要命
Scared, scared, scared.
因为我们都是新手,但我们对飞行员很有信心
Cos we was all fresh, but we were all very confident in our pilot.
威廉·贾奇
英国皇家空军机♥枪♥手
劳里:我想,在那个年纪——我当时也是 18 岁,仍然 18 岁
LAURIE: I suppose at that age as well I was 18, still 18
更多的是兴奋,那种终于可以把全部训练派上用场的兴奋感
it was the excitement, I suppose,of fulfilling all your training.
劳里·戴维斯
英国皇家空军信♥号♥♥员
奇克:从一开始我就感到不安
CHICK: I was apprehensive from the word go.
比其他人都更紧张
I started off more apprehensive than the rest of the group
奇克·钱德勒
英国皇家空军飞行工程师
我想他们大概以为这任务会很轻松
cos I think they thought it was gonna be a doddle
但我心里清楚——“这可不会容易.”
but I thought, "This isn't gonna be easy".
罗恩·梅希尔: 我们肯定紧张
RON MAYHILL: We were definitely nervous
我记得联队指挥官开车过来
and I remember the wing commander coming round in his car
知道是我们第一次任务
knowing it was our first
说“祝好运,孩子们”
and said, "Best of luck, boys".
罗恩·梅希尔
新西兰皇家空军投弹手
我记得地勤人员,他们真是太棒了
And I remember the ground crew, wonderful
他们对我们说,“你们的叔叔(指飞机)永远不会让你们失望”
they said to us, "Your uncle will never let you down".
尼尔: 当一架飞机起飞时,它就一往无前了
NEIL: When an aircraft takes off it goes.
没有调头
There's no room for turning
停止、或者回头看的余地
stopping and looking back.
尼尔·弗拉尼根
英国皇家空军地勤人员
起飞之后,一切都必须是对的.”
It goes, so everything gotta be right.
比尔: 当那四台梅林发动机启动并发出轰鸣
BILL: When those four Merlins cough
你开始听到排气声时,呃……
and you start to hear the exhaust it's er...
就像某种东西几乎重获新生”
it's like something that's almost born again.
肯: 当发动机启动时,你能感到那股震动和噪音
KEN: When it started, you felt all the noise and the...
在胸腔里回荡
in your chest.
肯·约翰逊
英国皇家空军机♥枪♥手
那种力量、那种震撼……
The er... The feeling of the power and the...
一切都让人难以忘怀
Everything about it.
拉斯蒂: 然后地勤人员说,“再见”
RUSTY: And then the ground crew said, "Cheerio"
你就滑行出去了,你会排成一长串飞机
and you taxied out and you got into this long chain of aircraft
绕场滑行准备起飞
taxiing round to take off.
厄尼·霍姆斯: 我并不害怕,我的想法是……
ERNIE HOLMES: I had no fears, I was...
“干完这份工作”
"Get on with the job."
我们当时在打仗
We were at war.
但说到作为一个基♥督♥徒……
But as far as being a Christian is concerned...
厄尼·霍姆斯
英国皇家空军(探路者部队)飞行员
当上帝知道你身上
How could you ask your god to give you a blessing
带着会杀人的武器时
when he knows that you're carrying a load of weapons
你怎么能去求他赐福呢?
that's gonna to kill people?
不过我认为,看到世界上发生的那些事……
But I'm afraid, what was going on in the world...
总得有人去做点什么.
something had to be done.
我心里没有别的感情,只有一句话:“把它做完.”
I had no other feelings but, "Get this done".
目标
德国
档案记者: 目标德国
ARCHIVE REPORTER: Target Germany.
这些是德国重工业的主要中心
These were some of the main centres of German heavy industry.
纽伦堡,那里制♥造♥U艇引擎、枪炮、坦克、轰炸机
Nuremberg, where they made U Boat engines, guns, tanks, bombers.
柏林,航♥空♥引擎、电气工业
Berlin, aero engines, the electrical industry
以及重要的铁路枢纽
a great railway centre.
鲁尔区,是德国重工业的心脏
The Ruhr, the heart of German heavy industry
煤炭、铁、钢与能源的中心
coal and iron, steel and power.
鲍勃: 1943年
BOB: In 1943
我们每一次对鲁尔地区的行动,都是一场史诗般的战斗
every operation we did on the Ruhr was an epic.
鲍勃·利德汉
英国皇家空军飞行工程师
没有比这个更贴切的词了
There's no other word for it.
乔治:以埃森的克虏伯工厂为例
GEORGE: Take the Krupp works at Essen.
对德国人极其重要
Enormous importance to the Germans.
它是明显的靶子,总会被攻击
It was an obvious target that was always gonna be attacked.
内森: 我会说,呃……
NATHAN: I would say that er...
我们60%或70%的飞行都是去鲁尔谷
sixty percent or 70 percent of our trips were to the Ruhr Valley.
内森·艾萨克斯
加拿大皇家空军领航员
杜伊斯堡.盖尔森基兴
Duisburg. Gelsenkirchen.
乔治: 多特蒙德.伍珀塔尔
GEORGE: Dortmund. Wuppertal.
奇克: 杜塞尔多夫.-艾伦: 埃森.
CHICK: Dusseldorf. - ALAN: Essen.
约翰尼: 哈姆.-鲍勃: 门兴格拉德巴♥赫♥
JOHNNY: Hamm. - BOB: Monchengladbach.
克雷费尔德.明斯特
Krefeld. Munster.
所有这些地方,接二连三,一个接着一个地被轰炸.
The whole lot of them, all the way through, one after the other.
警报!
Alarm!
鲁尔也被称作欢乐谷
The Ruhr was also known as Happy Valley.
它一点也不欢乐
It was anything but happy.
它可能是德国防守最严密的地区
It was probably the most heavily defended area in Germany.
那些防御工事的密集程度,几乎令人难以置信
The defences were just unbelievable.
乔治: 当我们接近目标时……
GEORGE: When we were approaching the target...
你能看到火光,你能看到高射炮火
you could see the fires and you could see the flak.
约翰: 天空中布满了爆♥炸♥的炮弹
JOHN: The sky is filled with bursting shells.
我是说整片天空都在爆♥炸♥
I really mean filled.
拉斯蒂: 就像烟花一样.呃……
RUSTY: Fireworks. Er...
我现在不太喜欢烟花了
Now I'm not so keen on fireworks
拉斯蒂·沃曼
英国皇家空军飞行员
因为它会勾起我对当时情景的回忆
because it's such a reminder of what it was like then.
乔治: 你看悉尼港跨年夜的
GEORGE: When you look at the New Year's Eve fireworks
烟花表演
over Sydney Harbour
那大概就像当年我们在德国上空看到的景象
that is what you're looking at roughly at the target in Germany.
而你心里会想
And you think to yourself
“天啊,我们要怎么穿过那一片地狱?”
"How the hell are we gonna get through that lot?"
汤姆: 如果高射炮的炮弹打得离你很近
TOM: If the anti-aircraft fire is getting close to you
你会知道——因为你能闻到它的味道.
you'll know how close it is cos you'll smell it.
那是炸♥药♥的味道
You could smell the cordite.
威廉·贾奇
加拿大皇家空军军机♥枪♥手
他们的火力近到这种程度
That's how close they were putting us down.
我记得第一次闻到那股火♥药♥味时
I know the first time I smelt cordite
本尼·古德曼
英国皇家空军飞行员
我心想:“天哪,下一发恐怕就要打中了.”
I thought, "Christ, the next one's gonna hit us."
约翰: 其实只需一小块炮弹碎片击中引擎
JOHN: It really only needed a tiny piece of a shell fragment to hit an engine
它就会着火,就完了
which would catch on fire and that would be it.
所以这很令人惊恐,但我还是不去理会,专心干我的活
So it was alarming but I just ignored it and got on with my job.
约翰·贝尔
英国皇家空军观察员 投弹手
电影精选列表