彼得·凯尔西:我那场仗,是从五英里高空打的
PETER KELSEY: I fought my war from five miles up.
有回我投下七八吨♥炸♥弹♥,落在某个地方
I dropped at one time seven or eight tons of bombs on somewhere
回来吃了早餐,第二天就出去喝酒了
came back, had me breakfast, out on the booze the next day
一点也没当回事
thought nothing of it.
那是一个完全不同的世界
It was totally another world.
但我后来意识到,自己做过的事,从根本上说是错的
But I realised that what I had done was fundamentally wrong.
可当时的处境就是那样,我们只能那样做
But the circumstances were such that we did it.
我没法让这两种想法在心里和解
And I can't reconcile those two viewpoints.
……真的没法
I just... I can't reconcile them.
拉斯蒂·沃曼: 我那时20岁,非常天真
RUSTY WAUGHMAN: I was 20 years old, very naive.
对人生毫无经验
Didn't have any experience of life at all.
对生死毫无概念
You knew you were facing death all the time.
每个夜晚都可能是最后一夜
Night after night, after night, after night.
但你渐渐接受了它,那就是现实
But it's just a thing you accepted.
约翰尼·约翰逊: 我最反感的一类人
JOHNNY JOHNSON: A pet aversion of mine
就是那些事后诸葛亮的人
it's what I call retrospective historians.
即使现在,如果我遇到一个,我会问他们两个问题
Even now if I met one, I'd ask them just two questions...
你当时在场吗?你亲身经历过
"Were you there, were you personally aware of the circumstances and conditions
那个世界吗?
of that time?"
如果都没有——那就请闭嘴
The answer to both those questions is no, so keep your bloody mouth shut.
乌苏拉·范·达姆: 我们听到它们来了
URSULA VAN DAM: We heard them coming.
听见一个个编队掠过,飞向我们的城镇去投下炸♥弹♥
We heard the squadrons on their way to bomb our town.
夜空中,那些兰开斯特轰炸机的声音——我们永远不会忘记
The Lancaster bombers at night.
比尔·珀迪: 战争没有第二名,你要么赢,要么输
BILL PURDY: There's no second prize in a war, you win it or you lose it.
轰炸机指挥部所能做的,就是不停地轰炸他们
And all we could do in Bomber Command was to keep on bombing them
一次又一次
and bombing them and bombing them
直到有人投降
until someone gives up.
兰开斯特在这场战争中发挥了巨大作用
And the Lancaster played a big part in winning the war.
它是那个时代最出色的飞机
It was the best of its day.
也是带我们活着回来的飞机
And it brought us back alive.
兰开斯特
林肯郡英国皇家空军康宁斯比基地
旁白: 今天,皇家空军五个”台风“战斗机中队
NARRATOR: Today, five squadrons of Royal Air Force Typhoon fighters
驻扎在康宁斯比基地
are based at Coningsby.
他们与英国航♥空♥史上最具标志性的飞机
They share the runways with one of the most iconic aircraft
兰开斯特轰炸机
in British aviation history.
共用一个跑道
The Lancaster bomber.
它是仅剩的两架适航飞机之一
It is one of only two that remain airworthy.
艾伦·比芬: 现在回想起来
ALAN BIFFEN: Looking back now
我得问自己,“我真的驾驶过这样的飞机吗”
I have to tell myself, "Did I really fly one of those aeroplanes?"
艾伦·比芬
95岁
那是很久以前的事了
It's such a long time ago
也许一切……都发生在别人身上
maybe it's all... maybe it all happened to someone else
我只是......想象的
and I'm just making it... making it up.
比尔·古尔德: 它是有生命的,至少曾经是
BILL GOULD: It's a living thing and it was a living thing.
有时几乎觉得她在跟你说话
There were times almost when she spoke to you.
或者你感觉它在说话
Or you felt she did.
现在我还能去她那儿,按下那些按钮,我想我还能做到
I could still go to her right now and press the right buttons I think.
比尔·古尔德
95岁
我很想这么做
I'd love to.
鲍勃·利德汉:满满的回忆啊,非常怀念
BOB LEEDHAM: Pure nostalgia, pure nostalgia.
每次看到它在天上,我都说“天哪,看那个.真漂亮.”
Every time I see it in the air I say "God, look at that. Beautiful."
毫无疑问,它凭借
And there's no question about it
借纯粹的作战能力,彻底改变了轰炸机指挥部
it transformed Bomber Command by its pure operational capacity.
鲍勃·利德汉
97岁
那是一架了不起的飞机
It was an amazing, amazing aircraft.
旁白: 阿夫罗兰的开斯特是赢得对
NARRATOR: The Avro Lancaster was a crucial weapon
希♥特♥勒♥战争的关键武器
in winning the war against Hitler.
但在轰炸机到没来之前,英国在为生存而战
But before the bomber's arrival, Britain was fighting for survival.
英国,1940年
劳里·戴维斯: 我有时还能听到它
LAURIE DAVIES: I can still hear it sometimes.
那是一声越来越尖的口哨声,越来越响
It's a whistle that gets louder and louder and louder
然后一切都变得越来越黑
and everything gets darker and darker.
然后,什么都没剩了
Then there was nothing left.
我妈当时躲进了安德森防空洞
My mum had gone into an Anderson shelter.
她简直失控了
When she came out
她感觉到地面在震动,但看到自己的房♥子
she just went berserk and she felt the thud in the ground
劳里·戴维斯
被夷为平地,她彻底崩溃了.
but of course to see her house gone...
伦敦不列颠战役纪念碑
乔治·邓恩: 伦敦大轰炸开始时
GEORGE DUNN: When the London blitz started
我常站在惠特斯泰贝尔的悬崖上
I used to stand on the cliff at Whitstable
可以看到成群的德军轰炸机
and could see all the German bombers, hordes of them
乔治·邓恩
沿泰晤士河口飞来
coming up the Thames Estuary.
亚瑟·达根: 他们炸了大约22英里的码头区
ARTHUR DUGGAN: They bombed about 22 mile of dockland.
泰晤士河沿河都是木制的码头和建筑
There were all timber wharfs and all that along the Thames
全都被点燃了
and they set them on fire.
炸♥弹♥像雨点一样撒向兵工厂
And then they just showered the bombs on the Arsenal
伍尔维奇兵工厂
Woolwich Arsenal.
我当时在消防队工作
I was in the auxiliary fire service
心想,“见鬼去吧”
and I thought, "Well, bugger this".
亚瑟·达根
弹♥药♥爆♥炸♥声此起彼伏,四处飞溅
There was ammunition going off, you know?
场面非常可怕
Exploding and all that.
本尼·古德曼: 我记得有一晚
BENNY GOODMAN: I can remember one night
我和我父亲不得不从消防梯下去
my father and I had to go down the fire escape
因为轰炸机靠得太近了.我甚至踩到一大块人肉
because the bombers were so close and I trod on a huge piece of human flesh.
本尼·古德曼
那就是我的……我想,是我对战争的初次洗礼
And that was my... I suppose my induction to war.
旁白: 八个月里,敌人不停的轰炸
NARRATOR: For eight months, the bombs fell.
伦敦、利物浦、伯明翰、格拉斯哥,以及最严重的考文垂
London, Liverpool, Birmingham, Glasgow and most notoriously, Coventry
都遭到轰炸
were amongst those cities hit.
总共有43,000人丧生
In all, 43,000 people were Killed.
彼得: 我想,“好吧,既然这是我们要玩的游戏
PETER: I thought, "Well, if that's the game we're in
那我们就参加这场游戏”
that's the game we're in."
彼得·凯尔西
游戏要公平,不能偏袒一方,否则一切很快就结束了
You couldn't be one-sided otherwise it would have been over in no time.
杰克·沃森: 我一直……一直想飞行
JACK WATSON: I wanted... always wanted to fly
于是告诉我父亲我想参军空军
so I told my dad I wanted to join the Air Force
杰克·沃森
他当时气得要命
and of course he hit the roof.
伊丽莎白·莫蒂默-库克: 我不停地缠着父亲让我
ELIZABETH MORTIMER-COOK: And I kept nagging my father
加入皇家空军
to let me join the RAF.
嗯,我想当一名标图员,丘吉尔那些女孩中的一员
Well, I wanted to be a plotter, one of Churchill's girls.
伊丽莎白·莫蒂默-库克
大卫·弗雷泽: 飞行员训练长达一年
DAVID FRASER: Pilots training took anything up to a year
导航员约九个月,而机♥枪♥手只需八周
navigators about nine months, and gunners about eight weeks.
我想,“见鬼,我可不想错过战争”
I thought, "Hell, I don't want to miss the war"
大卫·弗雷泽
所以我当了机♥枪♥手
so I joined as a gunner.
鲍勃: 我认为一个因素是每个人都相对年轻
BOB: I think one of the factors is everyone was relatively young.
当然,年轻人总想大干一场
And of course, when you're young, you want to really have a go at 'em
这种态度在很大程度上普遍存在
and I think this was the attitude in many respects.
尼尔·弗拉尼根: 我是牙买♥♥加加入皇家空军第39人
NEIL FLANIGAN: I was the 39th man to join the Royal Air Force in Jamaica.
我们出发的时候
We were shipped out
我记得离开牙买♥♥加时正值夕阳
and I remember leaving Jamaica
尼尔·弗拉尼根
我看着家园慢慢远去
in the sunset, and seeing Jamaica fade away
心里想,我不知道是否还能回来
and I wondered if I would ever return.
旁白: 在国家最需要的时候,皇家空军战斗机司令部拯救了英国
NARRATOR: RAF Fighter Command had saved the country in its hour of need.
但在1941年,轰炸机司令部尚未具备发挥作用的能力
But in 1941, Bomber Command was not yet equipped to play its part.
当时皇家空军轰炸中队中,没有喷火战斗机那样的先进的机型
There was no equivalent of the Spitfire in the RAF's bomber squadrons.
他们当时拥有的飞机速度慢,而且大多已经过时
Those aircraft they did have were slow and mostly out of date.
乔·兰开斯特: 我们开的是威灵顿轰炸机
JO LANCASTER: We flew in the Wellington bomber.
它装的是布里斯托尔飞马18发动机,动力根本不够
It had Bristol Pegasus 18 engines and they were not powerful enough.
乔·兰开斯特
英国皇家空军飞行员
结果就是,如果一个发动机出现故障
So the result was that if you lost an engine
唯一的结果就是——往下掉
there was only one way to go and that was downwards.
大卫: 在夜里飞行,没有雷达,天气条件有时很差
DAVID: Flying at night with no radar, weather conditions as they were
风有时会突然转向
sometime the winds were... perhaps veered a bit
大卫·弗雷泽
英国皇家空军机♥枪♥手
电影《今夜的轰炸目标》,1941年
你就可能偏航30英里
and you could finish 30 miles off course.
喂,麦克,我们现在在哪儿?好像你会知道似的
Hello Mac, where are we now? As though you're likely to know.
导航员: 我找不到我们在哪儿
NAVIGATOR: I can't find where we are.
我不奇怪那么多炸♥弹♥都偏离目标.
I'm not surprised at all that a lot of the bombs were way off target.
电影精选列表