Do you think your dad should stop wasting his money
好让他的儿子偶尔也吃一顿
on booze so his son could eat a proper meal
正常的午餐吗
every once in a while?
你说这是正常的午餐
You call this a proper meal?
别担心了 好吗
Don't worry about it, okay?
我只是在试着保持体形
I'm just tryin' to maintain my figure.
什么体形 竹竿形吗
Of what, a bamboo stick?
真好笑
Ha-ha.
我真希望那些粗粮在冰箱外面放久点
I'm actually hopeful that the kibbles stay unrefrigerated
这样他某天就能死于食物中毒了
long enough that he dies from food poisoning one day.
很好
Nice.
别小看一个男人的梦想 萨拉
Don't belittle a man's dream, Sarah.
-放学后见吗 -是的
- I'll see you after school? - Yeah.
-在图书馆吗 -老地方
- Library? - As always.
哎哟皮特森 伤得不轻啊
Yowch, Peterson, that's quite a bruise you got there.
-怎么搞的 -见鬼去吧 查斯
- What happened? - Drop dead, Chase.
见鬼去吧 查斯
"Drop dead, Chase."
皮特森 你就不能为自己辩解一次吗
Man, Peterson, can't you ever speak for yourself?
-我会辩 -一边儿待着去吧你
- I can speak - Can't you just leave us alone?
难道你和你宠爱的啦啦队
Don't you and your little spoiled cheering section
就没有什么信♥用♥卡♥账单要还吗
have some credit card bills to rack up?
我正要给你们俩看看我的新车
I'm just showin' you guys my new wheels.
很棒吧 杰西
It's nice, huh, Jesse?
不过真是遗憾
It's a shame you'll never get your hands
你连一个轮胎都买♥♥不起
on one of these, though.
我怀疑你得在你父母还清卡账之后
And I'm just wondering who your parents had to pay off
才能拿到驾照吧
so you could get a driver's license.
我们可以走了吗
Can we just go now?
别那么认真嘛 萨拉
You need to lighten up, Sarah.
那个混♥蛋♥真讨厌
I'm so sick of that jerk.
是啊 感谢你来救场
Yeah, thanks for comin' to my rescue.
你刚才是什么意思
What's that supposed to mean?
我只是觉得我偶尔也能为自己
I just think I can speak up for myself
辩解一下
every once in a while.
我自己有嘴 也许不太能吃
I have a mouth. It might not eat much,
但我非常肯定它会说话
but I'm pretty sure it can talk.
你从没为自己辩解过
You never speak up for yourself.
因为每次你在旁边的时候
'Cause I never have the chance to
我都没有机会辩解
when you're around.
非常抱歉 让你有这种感受
Well, you know, I'm sorry you feel that way.
我以为我在帮你
I thought I was helping.
如果你想为自己辩解
You know, if you speak up for yourself,
那为什么不在查斯欺负你的时候
then why don't you say something when Chase
说点什么呢
beats the shit out of you, then?
你知道我试过了
You know I've tried.
查斯 查斯·吉本斯吗
"Chase, Chase Gibbons?
不 你一定是搞错了 皮特森先生
"No, you must be mistaken, Mr. Peterson.
查斯绝不会做出这样的事情
"Chase would never do such a thing."
当你因为父母是镇上的乡绅
It must be nice having complete immunity
而拥有豁免权时 感觉肯定很棒
when your parents are the town Rockefellers.
而且最让我难受的就是
And the thing is, that crocks me up the most,
他们都知道他是个混♥蛋♥
they know he's a piece of shit,
所以那些人跟他一样讨厌我
so they disgust me just as much as he does.
自从查斯在镇上散播谣言
I still can't get a job
说我偷他爸店里的东西之后
since Chase spread rumors around town
我就一直没找到工作
that I stole from his dad's stores.
我等不及要离开这儿了
I can't wait till I'm gone.
对不起
I'm sorry.
不 不 错的是我的嘴
No, no, it's my mouth.
我知道有时候我的嘴跟大峡谷似的
I know it rivals the Grand Canyon sometimes.
你什么时候去纽约
So, when are you leaving for New York, exactly?
还早着呢
Not soon enough.
跟你♥爸♥一起旅行你一定很兴奋吧
Ah, you're actually excited to go on a trip with your dad?
比不上毕业旅行
Oh, not the trip so much as the end of school.
如果这门课再上一个月
If I had to take this course load for another month,
我发誓我肯定会得精神分♥裂♥症的
I swear I'd welcome a lobotomy.
再加上他将要给我一个没有帐篷
Plus, he's taking me on a trip that doesn't include
和蚊子的旅行
tents and mosquitoes.
你知道我爸这次要订汽车旅馆吗
You know Pops is springing for a motel room this time?
我知道
Yeah, I know.
那里也许没有毛绒地毯和客房♥服务
It might not be plush carpets and room service, but,
不管怎样 我只要有张床就行
I'll take the basics of a bed any day.
为什么你每次画画都要坐在地板上
Why do you sit on the floor so much when you draw?
不知道 这个就是我的最佳位置
I don't know, I think I just like this vintage point.
好吧 为什么
Yeah, but why?
我想 就好像我回到了孩子般大小
I guess, um, it's kinda like being a little kid again.
当我身高还不到一米时
Everything was so mysterious
所有事物对我来说都那么神秘
when I was three feet tall.
我记得那时候去银行 邮局
I remember going to places like the bank,
之类的地方
the post office,
多希望自己能看到柜台后面
wishing that I could see what was going on
是什么样子的
over the counter.
看上去那么神秘
It was so mysterious.
但当我长高以后
But then when I got taller,
却发现其实根本没有什么好神秘的
I realized that there are no big mysteries and
现在的生活处处都令人厌倦
everything in life's just a big bore now.
你才16岁
You're 16.
怎么说得好像你已经走到了生命的尽头
I mean, you make it sound like life's over already.
难道不是吗
Isn't it?
我可不这么想
I don't think so.
相信我 就是这样
Trust me, it is.
至少对我来说是这样
For me, at least.
你这是什么意思
What's that supposed to mean?
-我们走吧 -还早着呢
- Okay, let's go. - It's not even close yet.
对 不过我希望到时候我已经在家里了
Yeah, well, I wanna be home before it is.
你猜怎么着
You know what?
我要先走了
I'm just gonna take off.
每次雷雨天
You are a serious wimp,
你都秒变胆小鬼
when it comes to these thunderstorms.
-这只是 -什么 老天在玩保龄球吗
- It's just... - What, God bowling?
闪电也只是老天在给地球拍照的闪光灯吗
And lightning's just God taking pictures of the Earth?
才不是 事实上 闪电是一次
Uh, no, actually, lightning is a huge discharge
约五万四千华氏度的大规模放电
of electricity of about 54,000 degrees fahrenheit.
并且每年会劈死一百人 劈伤五百人
And kills 100 people every year and injures another 500.
所以不许叫我胆小鬼
So, don't call me a wimp,
还说什么根本没什么好怕的
and tell me it's nothing to be afraid of.
好吧 有道理 你仍然是我认识人里
Okay, fair enough, you're still the only person I know
唯一会在洗澡前检查多普勒雷达的怪胎
who checks a doppler radar before taking a shower, weirdo.
说说你认识多少人呢
How many people do you really know?
扎心了 你明天想去池塘吗
Ouch. Hey, do you wanna hit the pond tomorrow?
我有点想去画日出
I kinda wanna draw the sunrise there.
-几点呢 -六点半
- What time? - 6:30?
六点半 明天周六诶
6:30? It's Saturday.
对哦 我的错
Oh, that's right, my fault.
这样 我给大自然母亲打个电♥话♥
Here, I'll give mother nature a call,
让她把日出推后几个小时
and see what she can do about pushing the sunrise back a
因为我的朋友萨拉要睡美容觉
couple hours 'cause my buddy Sarah needs her beauty sleep.
-好吧 六点半 -嗯 到那儿见
- Okay, 6:30. - Okay, I'll met you there.
-拜托不要迟到 -知道啦
- Please don't be late. - Ah, don't worry.
操
Shit!
-来 爸 起来 -我没事
- Come on, Dad, get up. - I'm fine!
还好这里什么都没有
I'm just lucky this is empty.
不然就真悲剧了
This would've been a real tragedy.
让我来扶你吧 好吗
Just let me help you up, alright?
我说了我没事 离我远点
I said I'm fine, leave me alone.
对 你没事 你很好
Yeah, you're fine, just perfect.
只是腿脚有点不听使唤
It's just this leg, that's all.
对 只是这样
Yeah, that's all.
不许用这种腔调和我说话 听懂了吗
Don't take that tone with me, alright, you understand me?
我的食物呢
Where's my food?
讲真的 你觉得会在哪里