佐治亚的平原镇,
and I thought that was very cool.
我认为这简直是太酷了。
Go back to the small town.Be who you are.
回到那个小镇,做回你自己。
- It worked out well.You know,
-结果很好。你知道,
we ended up coming home and starting the Carter center
我们最终回到了家,建立了卡特中心,
and starting off our new lives,
开始了我们的新生活,
so you know, we missed the white house, sure,
所以你知道,我们想念白宫生活,当然,
but...and what we might be able to accomplish there...But
但是…我们本可以在那里完成的…但
it didn't slow down, you know,dad's desire to help people.
这并没有减缓,爸爸想帮助别人的愿望。
- We heard president Carter speak and he talked about
-我们听卡特总统讲话,他谈到
when he and rosalynn left the white house
当他和罗莎琳离开白宫时
and he said, "we realized that we had a lot of life left
他说,"我们意识到,我们的生活,还有很长的路要走"
"and we had to sit and figure out
"我们必须坐下来,想清楚
what we wanted to do with our lives."
我们的生活要做什么。"
And I think that there has not been a president,
我认为还没有哪位总统,
with no disrespect to anyone who's come before or after...
没有对任何之前或之后的人的不尊重…
- Amen.- Who has done more
-阿门。-有谁在他们
since they left office
卸任后
than even they did when they were in office.
做的事情,比他们在任时,做的还要多。
And I think it's a testament to them as a couple,
我认为,这是对他们夫妇的证明,
just the humanitarians that they have been to us
是他们作为人道主义者,对我们国家
as a nation and to our world.
和我们的世界的证明。
[Banjo music]
[班卓琴声]
- The Carter center is a joint between my parents,
卡特中心是我父母的联合机构,
and we only do projects that nobody else is doing.
我们只做别人没做过的项目。
So we'll take the lead on Guinea worm
于是,我们就注意上了“几内亚线虫”
and some of these things that are not household names
这些东西,连一个广为人知的名字都没有,
and are not diseases that are here in the United States
甚至连美国都没有这种病的发生,
but certainly are worldwide.
但它确实是在全世界范围内流行。
- I associate president Carter with the all
我把卡特总统和
but eradication of Guinea worm and, you know,
根除麦地那龙线虫联♥系♥在一起,你要知道,
he used to carry a jar of Guinea worm around with him
他曾经随身带着一个瓶子,装着麦地那龙线虫
and frighten people into action.
呼吁人们重视这种病并采取行动。
- If the worm comes out of a joint,
-如果蠕虫从关节里冒出来,
say, in your knee, it swells up and destroys the tissue.
比如你的膝盖,它会膨胀并破坏你的关节组织。
(加纳,萨韦卢古)
So the aftermath is very similar to polio.
其后果和小儿麻痹症非常相似。
It completely debilitates that knee,
它完全削弱了膝盖,
and sometimes the knee...The leg is crippled
有时,就因为这膝盖…这条腿
for the rest of one's life.
将终生残废。
- When we were fighting hiv/aids,
-当我们在抗击艾滋病毒/艾滋病时,
and I'd have the antiretroviral drugs
我会使用抗逆转录病毒药物,
and say, "look, if you just had three of these, you stay alive.
然后说,“看,如果你只服用其中三种,你就能活下来。
Three of these a day,"
一天服用三个。”
and I'd show people what they looked like.
我给人们展示他们的样子
Eventually became one,but it was three.
最后变成了一个,但曾经是三个。
I got that from Jimmy.
我从吉米那里学来的。
- As far as the Carter center is concerned,
-就卡特中心而言,
I would like to see Guinea worm
我希望在我死之前看到
completely eradicated before I die.
麦地那龙线虫被彻底根除。
I'd like for the last Guinea worm to die before I do.
我希望最后一条麦地那龙线虫在我之前死掉。
[Laughter]
[笑声]
- President Carter and the Carter center,
-卡特总统和卡特中心,
I know...And I know this from travels in Africa
我知道…我在非洲和世界各地旅行时,
and around the world... They're trusted.
了解到这一点…他们是可信的。
And the truth is,they have the level of trust
而事实是,他们的信任程度
that you don't often see around the world
是你在世界各地所见不到的,
from an institution that's embedded in america.
这种信任来自于根植于美国的一个机构。
- This morning,former president Jimmy Carter
-今天早上,美国前总统吉米·卡特
won the nobel peace prize.Mr. Carter was honored
获得了诺♥贝♥尔♥和♥平♥奖♥。卡特先生
for what the nobel committee called,
被诺贝尔评奖委员会称赞为,
"his decades of untiring effort
“几十年来,为寻求和平解决国际冲突,
to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts."
所作的不懈努力”。
[Gentle guitar music]
[柔和的吉他音乐]
- Georgia
-佐治亚
Georgia
佐治亚
the whole day through
你的一整天
just an old sweet song
就像一首甜蜜的老歌♥
keeps Georgia on my mind
让我永远记住佐治亚
- Well, when I went to Europe to be there
-当我去欧洲的时候
when Jimmy Carter received the nobel peace prize,
吉米·卡特获得了诺♥贝♥尔♥和♥平♥奖♥,
it was one of the greatest moments of my life,
那是我一生中最伟大的时刻之一,
because I knew it was one of the greatest moments in his,
因为我知道,那是他一生中最伟大的时刻之一,
and he definitely deserved that prize.
那项奖,他绝对是当之无愧的。
In peaceful dreams I see
在我平静的梦境中,我看见
the road leads back to you
这条通向你回家的路
Georgia, Georgia
佐治亚,佐治亚
no peace I find
我再也平静不下去了
and just an old sweet song
就像一首老歌♥
keeps Georgia on my mind
让佐治亚永在我心间
- I'm very humbled,as well as proud,
-我既很自卑,又很自豪,
because I recognize
因为我认识到,
how many people have shared with me the commitments
有多少人与我分享责任,
and how much work they have done without recognition,
他们所作的工作,没有多少得到认可,
and my hope is that this award
我希望这个奖项,
will be adequately appreciated by all of them,
将充分赞赏,他们做的所有工作,
who I feel are a part of my own family.
我觉得,我是属于那个我自己的家园。
And I'm especially grateful to...
而我还要尤其感谢...
To rosalynn...
感谢我的罗莎琳...
Who has been a partner in everything I've ever done.
她一直以来都陪伴着我,做了我曾经做的一切。
[Upbeat music]
[欢快的音乐声]
- She's been a good,calming influence on dad,
-她给爸爸带来了很好的、平静的影响,
and she has changed his mind,politically,
她在政♥治♥上改变了他的想法,
on some big issues that I really appreciated,
在一些我很理解的大问题上,
like the death penalty,for instance.
比如“判处死刑”等问题。
My mother was always been against it.
我母亲她一直在反对死刑。
Dad always had a few exceptions
父亲以前总有一些
that he would accept,
他认为能接受的例外,
and my mother for years
而多年来,我母亲
would not accept a single exception that he did,
从不接受任何一个他所作的例外,
and now dad's against the death penalty.
而现在,父亲也反对“死刑判决”了。
So she has changed him over the years.
这么些年来,她改变了他。
- What I've learned from her is probably the greatest gift
-我从她身上学到的,可能是在我们婚姻中,
in a marriage is to take the supporting role.
最好的礼物,就是学会“设身处地”。
It takes a lot more strength.It takes a lot more Patience.
这需要更多的力量。这需要更多的耐心。
And then,that's why I guess always
所以我想,这就是为什么,
when the light shines on her,she just blows you away.
当阳光洒在她身上时,她就像一阵风,把你不知不觉地吹走。
- Rosa and I have been involved
-罗莎和我参与
in habitat for humanity for 40 years,
“人类家园”活动已有40年,
and 35 years in a row
连续35年
we have devoted a full week to building houses.
我们花了整整一周的时间,来建造各种房♥屋。
One year, we'd go overseas, and the next year,
有一年,我们会去海外,第二年,
we'd build somewhere in the United States.
我们会在美国的某个地方建造。
And I would say the best habitat volunteers
我想说,我们有目共睹的“人类家园”
we have ever had with us
最好的志愿者,
have been garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood.
就是加思·布鲁克斯和特丽莎·耶尔伍德。
They went with us twice to Haiti
在海地发生地震后,
after the earthquake devastated that country.
他们和我们一起,去了那个国家两次。
- You know, they say
-你们知道吗?人们说,
everything comes from the top down.
一切事情都有头有尾。
Well, the top at habitat are the Carters.
那么,“人类家园”项目的头就是卡特一家。
The guy is 40 years older than me
这家伙比我年长40岁,
and he runs circles around me.
他已经在我的周围建立了人脉关系。
- People all over the world are basically the same.
-全世界的人基本上都是一样的。
They want to have a good life;
他们想拥有美好的生活;
they want to have basic human rights.
他们想要基本的人♥权♥。
And human rights is not just freedom of speech
人♥权♥不只是言论自♥由♥
or freedom of religion,
或宗教自♥由♥,
but it's the right to have a decent home and place to live.
而是拥有一个体面的家庭和住所的权利。
- When I look and see the homeowners
-当我看到那些房♥主,
and then I see all the wonderful volunteers
然后我看到,所有优秀的志愿者,
电影精选列表