书里面有一个信封。
There’s an envelope inside a book.
-哦。告诉我你是谁。
-Oh. -Tell me who you are.
哦,你是个强盗。
Oh, you’re a robber.
不,我是你的监护人。
No, I’m your guardian.
你是我的守护者。
You’re my guardian robber.
告诉我你是谁。——(东倒西歪地)哦。
-Tell me who you are. -[groggily] Ooh.
詹妮弗。詹妮弗。告诉我。
Jennifer. Jennifer. Tell me.
我是你犯过的最大的错误。
I’m the worst mistake you’ll ever make.
告诉我。
Tell me.
-告诉我。细胞的电♥话♥。
-Tell me. -Cell phone.
告诉我。
Tell me.
你不把手♥机♥给我,
You don’t give me my cell phone,
你不让我离开这个地方…
you don’t let me get out of this place...
我无话可说。
I got nothing to say.
-听我说。没什么。
-Listen to me. -Nothing.
我控制着你的药物,你的食物,你的舒适。
I control your drugs, your food, your comfort.
资料。我。- - - - - -[笑]
-Everything. Me. -[chuckles]
-不是你,是我-是的。
-Not you, me. -Yeah.
我可以把事情搞得很糟。
And I can make things very bad for you.
你听到了吗?
You hear me?
-是吗?-是的。
-Yeah? -Yeah.
那就去吧,你这个小婊♥子♥。
Then have at it, you little crock of cunt.
试试吧。
Have at it.
[护士]打扰一下。呃——
[nurse] Excuse me. Uh--
玛拉·格雷森,我最爱的女人。(清了清喉咙)
Marla Grayson, my favorite lady. [clears throat]
山姆,我要你调整詹妮弗·彼得森的舞步。
Sam, I want you to adjust Jennifer Peterson’s routine.
开枪。
Shoot.
把她的关节炎和止痛药减到最少,
Take her arthritis and pain meds down to minimum,
把她的体育锻炼提高到四级水平。
push her physical exercise to grade four level.
玛拉…-晚上9点给她麻醉,
-Marla... -Give her an upper at 9:00 at night,
然后是镇静剂。
then sedatives in the day.
让她吃基本的食物。
Put her on the basic food package.
没有固体,只有燕麦片和汤。
No solids, just oatmeal and soup.
没有游戏,没有电视
No games, no TV
每天只离开房♥间30分钟。
and only 30 minutes a day out of her room.
你确定吗?
Are you sure?
我非常确定。
I’m sure as fucking sure.
-好的。-谢谢你,山姆。
-Okay. -Thank you, Sam.
是的。
Yeah.
法官大人,詹妮弗·彼得森被强行关押在一家护理机构。
Your Honor, Jennifer Peterson is being held against her will in a care facility.
她是被一个女人诬告的
She was put there by this woman who has falsely asserted
说詹妮弗身体不好,而事实上她很好
that Jennifer is of ill health when, in fact, she’s perfectly fine.
你是谁,先生?我以前没在这里见过你。
Who are you, sir? I’ve not seen you in here before.
埃里克森院长,法官大人。这些是我的同事。
Dean Ericson, Your Honor. These are my associates.
我们代表詹妮弗·彼得森的利益,
We represent the interests of Jennifer Peterson,
我是来撤销误判的
and I’m here to undo a miscarriage of justice.
你是说我要为司法不公负责吗?
Are you saying I am responsible for a miscarriage of justice?
不是故意的,法官阁下你被骗了。
Not deliberately, Your Honor. You were lied to.
我的当事人没有被邀请
My client was not invited
她的代表也不在场。
to the original hearing, and neither was her representative.
这在紧急听证会上很正常。
That’s perfectly normal for an emergency hearing.
但这个案子没有紧急情况。
But there was no emergency in this case.
是格雷森小姐虚构的
It was a fiction created by Miss Grayson
让詹妮弗躲起来骗过法庭
to keep Jennifer out of sight and trick the court.
我这里有一份阿莫斯医生诊所前雇员的证词
I have an affidavit here from an ex-employee from Dr. Amos’ practice
谁为事实作证
who testifies to the fact
格雷森小姐和阿莫斯医生经常在案子上串通一气
that Miss Grayson and Dr. Amos regularly colluded on cases
利用这个系统。
to game the system.
我引用他的话:“凯伦会把难缠的病人交给玛拉
I quote: "Karen would palm off difficult patients to Marla
不管他们是否需要监护人
whether they needed a guardian or not
然后美化症状来左右法庭"
and then embellish symptoms to sway the court."
(嘲笑)
[scoffs]
你的荣誉……
Your Honor...
这是可耻的。
this is scandalous.
[玛拉]法官,我可以吗?
[Marla] Judge, may I?
菲奥娜·雅各布斯是你的证人?
Fiona Jacobs is your witness?
是的。是的,她是我们的雇员。
Yes. She’s the employee, yes.
法官,你知道菲奥娜讨厌凯伦。
Judge, you know Fiona hates Karen.
她不是一个公正的证人。
She’s not an impartial witness.
菲奥娜对凯伦有宿怨
Fiona has a vendetta against Karen
因为凯伦因为她工作不称职而解雇了她。
because Karen fired her for being useless at her job.
也可能是凯伦炒了她
Or maybe Karen fired her
因为她揭露了你行动的本质。
because she uncovered the true nature of your operation.
我了解菲奥娜。她一无是处。
I know Fiona. She was useless.
(抑制笑声)
[stifled laughter]
法官,我能问一下为什么詹妮弗今天又没来吗?
Judge, can I ask why Jennifer is again not present today?
詹妮弗身体不舒服。恐怕她不能出席。
Jennifer is unwell. I’m afraid she’s unable to attend.
我已经提交了她现在的医生的信来证明这一事实。
I have submitted a letter from her current doctor attesting to that fact.
而且我也被拒绝见她,法官。
Also I’ve been denied any access to her, Judge.
就好像格雷森小姐故意不让我见她。
It’s as if Miss Grayson has purposely just kept me away from her.
[法官]你拒绝他探视了吗,玛拉?
[judge] Have you denied him access, Marla?
你不能拒绝律师见他的委托人。
You can’t deny an attorney access to his client.
这个人自称是她的律师。
This man claims to be her lawyer.
他拿不出一张纸来证明这一点。没有合同,没有预付金。
He can produce no piece of paper to prove it. No contract, no retainer.
他突然出现在我办公室里威胁我,指责我。
He just suddenly appeared in my office making threats and accusations.
法官大人,我们已经不止一次见过无良律师了
Your Honor, more than once you and I have seen unscrupulous lawyers
试图剥削老年人的血汗钱。
seeking to exploit the elderly for their hard-earned savings.
我想这就是埃里克森先生不想让我保护彼得森小姐的原因。
I think this is why Mr. Ericson wants Miss Peterson out of my protection.
这与正在发生的事情完全相反。
That’s the exact opposite of what is happening.
你能出示任何文件证明你是彼得森小姐的律师吗?
Can you present any paperwork that proves you are Miss Peterson’s lawyer?
如果我能接近她,
If I could just get access to her,
我向你保证,她会签聘用金的。
I guarantee you, she would sign a retainer.
詹妮弗·彼得森还没有聘请你做她的律师吗?
So Jennifer Peterson hasn’t retained you as her lawyer?
我代表有关各方行事
I am acting on behalf of concerned parties
非常担心詹妮弗的人
who are extremely worried about Jennifer
还有她受到的粗暴对待。
and the outrageous treatment she’s been given.
这些相关方是谁?
Who are these concerned parties?
我无权透露这一信息。
I’m not at liberty to reveal that information.
他们是彼得森小姐的朋友,不愿透露姓名。
They are friends of Miss Peterson who wish to remain anonymous.
长官,我们在原地打转。
Sir, we’re going around in circles.
要么你给我看些文件
Either you show me some paperwork
证明你是彼得森小姐的律师
that proves you are Miss Peterson’s lawyer
或者你把这些当事人带到听证会上
or you bring these concerned parties into a hearing
让他们为自己说话。
and let them speak for themselves.
但现在,埃里克森先生
But for now, Mr. Ericson,
你解除监护的请求被驳回了。
your request to dissolve this guardianship is denied.
(小木槌敲)
[gavel raps]
[院长]先生,先生,先生。
[Dean] Sir. Sir. Sir.
看起来……哇!
Look... Whoa!
好吧!这是家事法庭,好吗?
Okay! It’s family court, okay?
法官是个混♥蛋♥。他是个白♥痴♥。他连法律都不懂。
The judge is an asshole. He’s an idiot. He doesn’t even know law.
-他开的是斯巴鲁!-别说话了!
-He drives a fucking Subaru! -[yelling] Stop talking!
停!
Stop!
他妈的。
Fuck this.
早上好。
Good morning.
[谄媚]早上好。
[smarmy] Good morning.
我叫沃尔特·史密斯。
My name is Walter Smith.
这是我的兄弟,托尼和查德。
These are my brothers, Tony and Chad.
今天早上我和你们经理赖斯先生谈过了
I spoke to your manager, Mr. Rice, this morning
参观一下工厂。
about a tour of the facility.
太好了。我帮你接通他的电♥话♥。
Great. I’ll get him on the phone for you.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
-史密斯吗?-史密斯,是的。
-Mr. Smith? -Mr. Smith, yeah.
玛拉。-嗯?
-Marla. -Mm-hmm?
她死了。——谁?
-She’s dead. -Who?
詹妮弗·彼得森死了。
Jennifer Peterson’s dead.
怎么啦?
What?
当吗?——1949年。
-When? -In 1949.
当时她得了小儿麻痹症,三个月零九天。
When she was three months and nine days, from polio.
我们抓的那个女人不是詹妮弗·彼得森。
The woman we have isn’t Jennifer Peterson.
电影精选列表