你没想过要问吗?
You didn’t think to ask?
尽管你知道这对我有多重要,
Even though you know how important this is to me,
你就没想过要了解一些基本情况吗?
you didn’t think to get some basic information on the situation?
[车门关闭]
[car door closes]
[亚历克西,喃喃自语]先生,如果……
[Alexi, mumbling] Sir, if...
(深深地呼出)
[exhales deeply]
请,先生……请。
Please, sir... Please.
(结巴)我想……我会……之前……
[stammering] I figured... I would... Before any...
你搞砸了,亚历克西。
You fucked up, Alexi.
我非常爱我的妈妈。
I love my mother very much.
这些日子,我们难得能在一起的日子,
And these days, these rare days that we get to spend together,
都是我的福气。
are a blessing for me.
是的,先生。当然可以。
Yes, sir. Of course.
所以你找到她,带她来见我。
So, you find her and bring her to me.
——(低语)现在。当然。是的,先生。
-[whispering] Now. -Of course. Yes, sir.
[出租车引擎转速]
[taxi engine revs]
(轮胎尖叫)
[tires screeching]
[玛拉]我打开袋子,里面是什么?
[Marla] And I open the pouch, and what’s inside?
钻石。很多。
Diamonds. Lots.
-只是钻石?-嗯。
-Just loose diamonds? -Mm-hmm.
这是她保险箱的保险。
This is her insurance for the safe deposit box.
她列出了金子,珠宝,债券,
She lists the gold, the jewelry, the bonds,
但不是钻石。
but not the diamonds.
她买♥♥了一块600美元的手表,
She insures a $600 watch,
但不是价值数百万美元的钻石。
but not millions of dollars’ worth of diamonds.
你觉得是偷来的吗?
Do you think they’re stolen?
可能。
Probably.
[弗兰]她好像不是那种人。
[Fran] She doesn’t seem that type.
[玛拉]别被老人骗了。
[Marla] Don’t get fooled by old people.
即使是虐待狂,不道德的混♥蛋♥也会变老。
Even sadistic, immoral assholes get old.
但是你没有抓住重点。这些钻石并不正式存在。
But you’re missing the point. These diamonds don’t officially exist.
所以…
So...
没有人会想念他们。
no one would ever miss them.
(门关闭)
[door closes]
-你想偷他们。-不。
-You wanna steal them. -No.
为了安全起见,我想暂时改变一下他们的位置……
I wanna change their location for a while for safekeeping...
看看会发生什么。
and see what happens.
[合唱演奏]
[choral music playing]
[敲门]
[knocking on door]
是吗?
Yes?
对不起,先生。我可以稍后再来,如果……
Sorry, sir. I can come back later if...
你找到我妈妈了吗?
Did you find my mother?
嗯…
Uh...
排序的。
Sort of.
她在养老院?
[man] She’s in a care home?
据我所知,长官,我无法进入。
As far as I can tell, sir. I couldn’t get access.
(敲门)
[knocking]
(门)
[door opens]
长官,最新一批骡子今早到了。
Sir, the latest batch of mules arrived this morning.
-我们在运输途中丢失了吗?其中包括3名。
-Did we lose any in transit? -Three.
我们要从梅德菲尔德家的其他人那里拿货。
We’re getting the product from the others at the Medfield property.
那是我的奶昔吗?
Is that my smoothie?
(低语)我不明白。
[whispering] I don’t understand.
她自己住进了养老院?
She checked herself into a care home?
不。她是按法♥院♥命令来的
No. Uh, she’s there by court order.
她现在是政♥府♥的监护对象。
She’s now a ward of the state.
你的…你妈妈的医生
Your... Your mother’s doctor
认为她不能照顾好自己。
deemed her incapable of taking care of herself.
(吃)
[slurping]
-那是胡扯。- - - - - -[笑]
-But that’s bullshit. -[chuckles]
是的,先生,是的。
Yes, sir. Yes.
那么这是怎么发生的呢?
So how did this happen?
嗯…
Um...
玛拉格雷森。
Marla Grayson.
我相信是她促成了这一切。她是你妈妈的监护人。
I believe she made it happen. She’s your mother’s guardian.
她现在完全控制了你母亲的生活和财产。
She now has full control of your mother’s life and assets.
他妈的!
Fuck!
(普通员工)
[grunts]
院长的电♥话♥。
Call Dean.
把我妈妈带出那个家,别让她进来。
Get my mother out of that home and keep her out.
安静地做,
Do it quietly,
要合法,要快。
do it legally, do it fast.
让我离它远点。
Keep me away from it.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
不,不,不。把照片留下。
No, no, no, no. Leave the photograph.
(门)
[door opens]
(门关闭)
[door closes]
马拉格雷森吗?很高兴认识你。
Marla Grayson? Pleasure to meet you.
院长Ericson。-他说他有个约会。
-Dean Ericson. -He says he has an appointment.
-他不在书里。-我需要你五分钟的时间。
-He’s not in the book. -I need five minutes of your time.
这很重要。
It’s very important.
给你两分钟。
You can have two minutes.
(艾迪叹了口气)
[Addie sighs]
(深深地呼出)
[exhales deeply]
这是一个漂亮的办公室。非常时尚。
This is a beautiful office. Very stylish.
这些都是你的病房♥吗?
These all your wards?
有什么事吗,埃里克森先生?
What can I do for you, Mr. Ericson?
这么多人,你的责任一定很重。
That must be a hell of a responsibility, all these people.
我想文书工作是很残酷的。
I imagine the paperwork is brutal.
坐下,说重点。
Take a seat, get to the point.
-我是律师。-我不需要律师。
-I’m a lawyer. -I don’t need a lawyer.
我代表詹妮弗·彼得森。
I represent Jennifer Peterson.
-真的?-是的。我觉得这是个误会。
-Really? -Yes. And I think there’s been a mistake.
你看,我的委托人很有能力照顾好自己。
You see, my client is very capable of taking care of herself.
她不需要像你这样的监护人的照顾。
She has no need for the care of a guardian like yourself.
当然,这不是你的错。
Of course, this is no reflection on you.
我相信你对彼得森小姐的照顾绝对是一流的。
I’m sure you’re providing absolutely stellar care for Miss Peterson.
但事实是她不需要也不想要你的照顾。
But the fact of the matter is she does not need nor want your care.
她一个人过得很好。
She was perfectly fine on her own.
-她给你打电♥话♥了?-什么?
-She called you? -What?
詹妮弗从疗养院给你打电♥话♥了吗?
Jennifer called you from the facility?
她做到了。
She did.
嗯。你最后一次见到詹妮弗是什么时候?
Hmm. When did you last see Jennifer?
-不久前。-多久以前?
-Not long ago. -How long ago?
-就几个星期。——一些吗?二,三,四?
-Just a few weeks. -A few? Two, three, four?
三个,也许四个……三。她很好,不仅仅是很好。
Three, maybe four... Three. And she was fine, more than fine.
大多数时候,她比我更健康,更专注。
She was fitter and more focused than I am most of the time.
(笑)恐怕这就解释了。
[chuckles] I’m afraid that explains it.
两周前,詹妮弗的健康状况急剧恶化。
Two weeks ago Jennifer’s health took a severe downwards turn.
她的失忆表明她患有痴呆症。
She has memory loss indicative of dementia.
她的医生很担心她,
And her doctor was so worried about her,
她让她去法♥院♥寻求紧急帮助。
she referred her to the courts for emergency help.
不是这样的格雷森小姐
That’s simply not true, Miss Grayson.
你知道,我也知道。如果是医生写的纸条,他也知道。
You know it, I know it. If the doctor wrote a note, he knows it too.
她。-什么?
-She. -What?
她。那个医生,她是个女的。
She. The doctor, she’s a she.
当然可以。
Of course.
我知道你在这里做什么。
Now, I know what you do here.
我知道你的把戏,你的骗局。
I know your game, your hustle.
你做了什么?-是的,老实说,这是个好主意。
-You do? -I do, and honestly, it’s a good one.
你看到机会就抓住了。
You saw an opportunity and you grabbed it.
看看墙上的这些摇钱树
Look at all these cash cows on your wall
只是一次一小时地把钱往你的账户里塞。
just leaking money into your account one overpriced hour at a time.
对你有好处。我不是来毁你生意的。
Good for you. I’m not here to ruin your business.
我很高兴你继续压榨这些可怜的弱势群体
I’m happy for you to keep milking these poor vulnerable people
你想待多久就待多久。
for as long as you damn well please.
见鬼,如果你的整个企业不是美国梦的完美典范,
Hell, if your whole enterprise isn’t the perfect example of the American dream,
我不知道是什么。
I don’t know what is.
但詹妮弗·彼得森(Jennifer Peterson)不是。她是禁区。
But not Jennifer Peterson. She’s off-limits.
我也理解你为什么针对她。
And I understand why you targeted her.
电影精选列表