[咖啡机停止]
[coffee machine stops]
- Sam来了。感觉。你好吗?
-[Addie] Sam’s on. -Sam. How are you?
嘿。我很好,玛拉。你呢?
Hey. I’m good, Marla. How about you?
哦,努力工作,尽情玩耍。
Oh, working hard, playing hard.
-他妈的a -你打电♥话♥来了。
-Fucking A. -You called.
是啊,我有些消息。
Yeah, uh, I got some news.
好消息还是坏消息?
Good news or bad news?
嗯,两者都有。
Uh, sort of both.
你的养子,艾伦·莱维特,在我们伯克郡奥克斯的医院,
Your ward, Alan Levitt, here at our Berkshire Oaks facility,
他刚刚死了。
he just died.
-什么?是死了。
-What? -Alan died.
今天早上。对不起。
This morning. Sorry.
不。艾伦•莱维特?真的吗?
No. Alan Levitt? Really?
——吗?-划,大划。
-How? -Stroke, big one.
但他很年轻。-只有69又25分。
-But he was young. -Just 69 and a quarter.
哦,上帝。
Oh, God.
(点击的舌头)
[clicks tongue]
(叹气)艾伦。他妈的。我只养了他六个月。
[sighing] Alan. Fuck. I only had him six months.
我以为他至少能再陪我们五年。
I thought he’d last us at least another five years.
操,现在我得把他套现了,
Fuck, now I have to cash him out,
把一切都交给他的继承人。真是他妈的浪费。
turn over everything to his inheritors. What a fucking waste.
也许他对你有好感,把你写进了遗嘱。
Maybe he took a shine to you and wrote you into his will.
-是的,是的。——(笑)
-Yeah, right. -[laughs]
那么,好消息是什么呢?
So, what’s the good news?
由于艾伦的不幸离开
Well, due to Alan’s tragic departure,
我们现在有一个空缺。
we now have a vacancy.
他的房♥间。嗯。那是角落豪华房♥。
His room. Huh. That’s a corner deluxe.
-是的。-帮我拿着。
-Yes, it is. -Hold it for me.
玛拉,你不是镇上唯一的人。有一个等候名单。
Marla, you’re not the only game in town. There’s a waiting list.
去他妈的等待名单。多少钱?
Fuck the waiting list. How much?
每周两千元,直到填满为止。
Two grand a week till it’s filled.
两个大吗?上次花了500美元。
Two grand? It cost 500 last time.
如果你不付钱,别人会的。
If you don’t pay, someone else will.
去你♥妈♥的♥,山姆。好吧,两千块。
Oh, fuck you, Sam. All right, two grand.
-谢谢,山姆。快乐,玛拉。
-Thanks, Sam. -Pleasure, Marla.
[山姆挂断电♥话♥]
[Sam hangs up]
-[“Rocksteady”播放]-♬和我一起飞吧,来吧
-Rocksteady" plays] -♪ Fly with me, come on♪
-[歌♥在车里继续]-♬Rocksteady♬
-[song continues in car] -♪ Rocksteady♪
♬和我一起飞翔吧
♪ Fly with me♪
♬来吧,洛克斯坦
♪ Come on, rocksteady♪
怎么啦?
What?
你知道的。
You know.
眼睛盯着路。
Keep your eyes on the road.
♬你像雷雨一样走进一个房♥间,每个人都转身
♪ You a thunderstorm Walk into a room Everybody turn ♪
你好,佩特拉。凯伦医生在等我。
Hi, Petra. Dr. Karen’s expecting me.
啊哈。
Uh-huh.
[《星期天将永远不一样》的剧本]
Sunday Will Never Be The Same" plays]
♬我们会手牵手一起走,直到天黑
♪ We’d walk together Hand in hand Till it was almost dark ♪
艾伦•莱维特?他妈的。
Alan Levitt? Fuck.
对不起。我还以为他有腿呢。
Sorry. I thought he had legs.
我知道。所以,现在我们在寻找一个新客户。
I know. So, now we’re in the market for a new client.
有人帮我们吗?
Got anyone for us?
有几个我不介意从我的书里删掉。
There’s a few I wouldn’t mind getting off my books.
就是那些难伺候的混♥蛋♥。
You know, the real high-maintenance assholes.
但其实我一直想跟你谈谈一个人。
But there is actually someone I have been meaning to talk to you about.
我一直在试探她,我觉得她…
I’ve been feeling her out, and I think she...
-我想她可能是…-不。
-I think she might be... -No.
-我都不想说。——樱桃吗?
-I don’t even wanna say it. -A cherry?
是的。也许吧。我想是的。
Yes. Maybe. I think so.
别取笑我了。告诉我细节。
Don’t tease me. Give me the details.
来吧,玛尔。我不能免费送你一颗樱桃。
Come on, Marl. I can’t just give you a cherry for free.
我需要一些回报。
I need something in return.
你持有金光护理院的股票,对吧?
You hold stock in Golden Light Care Homes, right?
是的,我们有一大块。
Yeah, we have a chunk.
-签一些给我。- - - - - -[笑]
-Sign some over to me. -[chuckles]
来吧。我在帮你养活金钱怪兽,
Come on. I’m helping you feed the money monster,
但我自己几乎没有看到任何金子。
but I hardly see any of the gold for myself.
让我尝尝。
Give me a taste.
完成了。
Done.
但必须是真正的樱桃。
But it has to be a real cherry, bona fide.
詹妮弗·彼得森。-她的健康状况还不错
-Jennifer Peterson. -She’s in reasonably good health.
但最近她出现了一些失忆和思维混乱的迹象。
But recently she has shown some signs of memory loss and confusion.
重要吗?-不。
-Significant? -No.
我们可以挠挠它,让紧急听证会按我们的方式进行。
We can tickle that to make an emergency hearing go our way.
她没有孩子,没有丈夫,
She has no kids, no husband,
没有活着的家人。
no living family.
没有家人吗?-她有很好的保险。
-No family at all? -She has very good insurance.
她告诉我,她以前在芝加哥做金融工作,退休后搬来这里。
She told me she used to work in finance in Chicago and moved here to retire.
我能复印一份吗?
Can I get a copy of this?
当然,除了她的检查结果。
You bet, all except her test results.
那是不道德的。
That wouldn’t be ethical.
当然可以。
Of course.
詹妮弗·彼得森。1949年4月15日出生。
[Fran] Jennifer Peterson. Born April 15th, 1949.
她住在沙尔克罗斯的威廉姆斯街41号♥。
She lives at 41 Williams Street in Shallcross.
那是一个很好的社区,很贵。
It’s a real nice neighborhood, expensive.
她七年前买♥♥下了这栋房♥子,完全拥有它。
She bought the house seven years ago, owns it outright.
信用检查结果是A1,完全没问题。
Credit check came back A1, totally clean.
没有债务,没有犯罪记录,从未结过婚。
No debt, no criminal record, never been married.
她在同一家公♥司♥工作了40年。
She worked at the same company for 40 years.
看起来她退休后精简了,清算了,
Looks like she downsized when she retired, liquidated,
现在她坐拥一笔储备金。
and now she’s sitting on a nest egg.
就像一只金鹅。看看这个。
Like a golden fucking goose. Look at this.
从她的税务记录来看,她有三个独♥立♥的储蓄账户,
From her tax records, it says that she has three separate saving accounts,
所有这些都赚取了巨大的利息。
all earning monster interest.
她喜欢在白天去看电影。
She likes to go during the day to the movies.
她读很多书,喜欢园艺。
She reads a lot, likes gardening.
只是普通的老太太。
Just your regular old lady.
-她坐拥一堆现金。-嗯。
-And she is sitting on a pile of cash. -Mm-hmm.
她富有、独♥立♥、有文化。
She’s rich, independent, literate.
那位女士,她是我的英雄。
That lady right there, she’s my fucking hero.
凯伦。这是马拉。
Karen. It’s Marla.
对詹妮弗·彼得森开枪。
Pull the trigger on Jennifer Peterson.
你会得到你想要的股票。
You’ll get the stock you want.
[卡伦]彼得森小姐经常感到困惑
[Karen] Miss Peterson is often confused
并表现出记忆和应对问题。
and has exhibited memory and coping issues.
她的行动不便。
Her mobility is compromised.
她不能好好照顾自己,
She cannot take adequate care of herself,
我相信如果把她一个人留在家里会有很高的风险。
and I believe she is at high risk if left alone in her own home.
她没有家人?
She has no family?
除了我们,没有人照顾她。
She has no one to care for her, except us.
这是可怕的。可怜的女人。
That’s terrible. Poor woman.
(叹气)好的,格雷森小姐。
[sighs] Okay, Miss Grayson.
你觉得你能把她当作你的监护对象吗?
Do you think you can take her on as one of your wards?
我知道你已经有很多人了。
I know you have a lot in your fold already.
嗯…
Um...
是的,法官大人,我…
Yes, Your Honor, I...
如果你需要我照顾她,
If you need me to take care of her,
我可以照顾她。
I can take care of her.
[法官]谢谢你,马拉。
[judge] Thank you, Marla.
(水壶吹口哨)
[kettle whistling]
[钢琴演奏]
[piano music playing]
[敲门]
[knocking on door]
皮特森小姐吗?我叫玛拉·格雷森。
Miss Peterson? My name is Marla Grayson.
我是凯伦·阿莫斯医生的同事,你的医生。
I work with Dr. Karen Amos, your physician.
我可以和你谈谈吗?
May I speak with you for a minute?
早上好,彼得森小姐。很抱歉这么早打扰你。
Good morning, Miss Peterson. I’m sorry to disturb you so early.
-你是医生?-不,夫人。
-You’re a doctor? -No, ma’am.
我可以给你看这个吗?
May I show you this?
我需要我的老花镜。我马上就回来。
Oh, I’m gonna need my reading glasses. I’ll be right back.
我不确定这是什么。
You know, I’m not sure what this is.
电影精选列表