我刚接了个医生的电♥话♥。
I just responded to a call from a doctor.
好吧,当然,就这么定了。但是她的医生错了。
Right, sure, let’s stick with that. But her doctor is mistaken.
明白吗?他……对不起,她搞砸了。
Understand? He... Sorry, she fucked up.
詹妮弗需要尽快离开你的照顾
Jennifer needs to be released from your care ASAP
你得让那个女医生再写封信
and you need to get that she-doctor to write another letter
说詹妮弗已经完全康复了
saying Jennifer has made a full recovery
也不再需要监护人的照顾。
and no longer needs to be in the care of a guardian.
我他妈为什么要这么做?
Now, why the fuck would I do that?
我能想到两个原因。
Well, I can think of two reasons.
第一,这是正确的做法,
One, it is the right thing to do,
但我怀疑这对你来说意味着什么。
but I doubt that means anything to you.
第二,因为她有非常强大的…朋友
And two, because she has very powerful... friends
谁能让你的生活不舒服,
who can make life uncomfortable for you,
非常不愉快和不舒服。
extremely unpleasant and uncomfortable.
-这是威胁吗?-不。
-Is that a threat? -No.
不,那只是供你…核对。
No, that’s just data for you to... collate.
我们说话有多不舒服?
How uncomfortable are we talking?
你知道,咄咄逼人,极度不舒服
Uh, you know, aggressively and excessively uncomfortable
最后,嗯……
and then eventually, well...
嗯…
uh...
这么说吧,你会不舒服的
let’s just say you’ll not be comfortable
或者再也不舒服了。
or uncomfortable ever again.
-因为我会死?-我可没那么说。
-Because I’ll be dead? -Well, I didn’t say that.
(马拉笑)
[Marla laughs]
但我们都会死,对吧?
But we all die, right?
我们中的一些人会以一种更可怕、更漫长、更痛苦的方式更快地死去。
Some of us die sooner in a more horribly protracted and painful way.
你为谁工作?詹妮弗·彼得森。
-Who do you work for? -Jennifer Peterson.
骗子。原谅我吗?
-Liar. -Excuse me?
骗子。詹妮弗没从医院给你打电♥话♥。
Liar. Jennifer did not call you from the facility.
你以为我会蠢到让新来的病人靠近一部能用的电♥话♥吗?
You think I’m stupid enough to let new wards anywhere near a working phone?
我从她的文件里知道她的律师是个本地人
And I know from her paperwork her lawyer is a local guy
谁负责家庭法。
who deals in family law.
那不是你。你是鲨鱼,
And that’s not you. You’re a shark,
我很感兴趣,我想知道是谁雇了你
which intrigues me, and I wanna know who hired you.
-把她从你的照顾中释放出来。-不,院长。
-Release her from your care. -No, Dean.
我想我不会的。
I don’t think I will.
(叹息)
[sighs]
我本不想这么做的。
I didn’t wanna have to do this.
(叹气)是15万美元现金。
[sighing] It’s $150,000 in cash.
嗯,那很漂亮。
Well, that’s very pretty.
你放了她就是你的了。
It’s yours when you release her.
你知道我怎么想吗,迪恩?
You know what I think, Dean?
我觉得如果你的开局是十五万,
I think if your opening gambit is 150 grand,
那么詹妮弗·彼得森的身价肯定远不止这些
then Jennifer Peterson must be worth a lot more than that
是谁派你来的。
to whoever it is who sent you here.
我可以到250。
I can go to 250.
如何……五百万年?
How about... five million?
[笑]
[chuckles]
几百3。外地吗?
-Three hundred. -Million?
千。最终报价。
Thousand. Final offer.
迪恩,我有法律责任。
Dean, I have a legal duty.
詹妮弗·彼得森需要我的保护。
Jennifer Peterson is in need of my protection.
我怎么能抛弃她呢?
How can I just abandon her?
-你是说不?-我不同意。
-Are you saying no? -I’m saying no.
我说,“不,谢谢。”
I’m saying, "No, thank you."
[迪恩]在未来的日子里,
[Dean] In the days to come,
你会在脑海里一遍又一遍地回放这段对话,
you’ll replay this conversation in your head over and over,
你会后悔当初没这么做。
and you’re gonna wish you played it differently.
现在看看你所拥有的。
Right now look at what you have.
生意兴隆,员工……
A thriving business, employees...
漂亮的脸,完好的骨头,
a nice face, unbroken bones,
一个生命。
a life.
当这一切结束时,
When this is through,
你不会得到这些东西的。
you’re not gonna have any of those things.
都没有。
None of them.
刮得机会。-再见,院长。
-Last chance. -Goodbye, Dean.
柯蒂斯出去的时候会确认你的停车。
Curtis will validate your parking on the way out.
[弗兰]我看了她所有的记录,
[Fran] I’ve looked all through her records,
一直追溯到她的出生证明。
all the way back to her birth certificate.
我在她的生活中找不到一个我们应该害怕的人。
I can’t find anyone in her life that we should be scared of.
[玛拉]那么这个律师是谁?
[Marla] Then who is this lawyer?
也许他知道钻石的事。
Maybe he knows about the diamonds.
是的,我也是这么想的。
Yeah, that’s my thought too.
也许他抢了他们的钱。他害怕我们会找到他们。
Maybe he’s cut in on them. He’s scared we’ll find them.
也许你应该把钱拿走。
Maybe you should just take the money.
放弃我们曾经拥有的最大的机会吗?
And give away the biggest opportunity we ever had?
如果他说的是实话呢?
What if he’s saying the truth?
——什么?——威胁。
-With what? -With threats.
你知道我被男人威胁过多少次吗?
You know how many times I’ve been threatened by a man?
成千上万的人。
Thousands.
你知道他们中有多少人成功了吗?
You know how many of them ever came to anything?
两个。
Two.
他威胁我,因为他只剩下威胁了。
He made threats ’cause threats are all he had left.
你不能说服一个女人做你想做的事,
You can’t convince a woman to do what you want,
然后你叫她贱♥人♥,威胁要杀了她。
then you call her a bitch and threaten to kill her.
我不怕他。
I’m not scared of him.
好吧。
Okay.
那么,你在想什么?
So, what are you thinking?
我要去找一个知道所有答案的人谈谈。
I’m gonna talk to someone who has all the answers.
[玛拉]她怎么样?
[Marla] How is she?
[护士]她到这儿以后一直心神不定。
[nurse] She’s been pretty unsettled since she got here.
-[玛拉]他们总是这样。-[护士]是的,但是她特别特别。
-[Marla] They always are. -[nurse] Yeah, but she’s extra extra.
医生不得不调整她的药物使她平静下来。
The doctor had to adjust her medication to calm her down.
两次。嗯。
-Twice. -Hmm.
她在游戏室。我得警告你
She’s in the games room. I have to warn you,
我们给她注射了镇定剂,所以她可能已经昏迷了。
we had to bump her sedatives, so she might be out of it.
詹妮弗。
Jennifer.
你感觉怎么样?
How are you feeling?
-我为什么认识你?-我是你的监护人,玛拉。
-Why do I know you? -I’m your guardian, Marla.
哦,谢天谢地。我需要帮助。我需要我的手♥机♥。
Oh, thank God. I need help. I need my cell phone.
-打电♥话♥给谁?-什么?
-To call who? -What?
你要给谁打电♥话♥?-为什么?
-Who do you need to call? -Why?
詹妮弗,你认识一个叫迪恩·埃里克森的人吗?
Jennifer, do you know a man named Dean Ericson?
——谁?怎么啦?院长。
-Who? What? -Dean.
Ericson院长。你认识他?
Dean Ericson. You know him?
院长……不,我不知道。-不?
-Dean... No, I don’t. -No?
他说他为你工作。他说他是个律师。
He says he works for you. He says he’s a lawyer.
律师。
Lawyer.
他看起来很贵吗?
Does he look expensive?
嗯…是的,我想是的。
Well... yeah, I guess.
今天几号♥?
What’s the date?
15日。
The 15th.
上周是8号♥。
Last week was the 8th.
正确的。
Right on.
(笑)
[laughs]
(马拉呵呵)
[Marla chuckling]
哦……
Oh...
你现在有麻烦了。
You’re in trouble now.
-真的?为什么?-是的。
-Really? Why? -Yeah.
他要来了。——谁?迪安吗?
-He’s coming. -Who? Dean?
不。
No.
他的到来。
He’s coming.
——谁?-你等着吧。
-Who? -Just you wait.
詹妮弗,你是谁?
Jennifer, who are you?
这么多毒品。
So much drugs.
药物。我不能思考。
Drugs. I can’t think.
告诉我你是谁。
Tell me who you are.
告诉我。
Tell me.
你知道我可以打开你的保险箱吧?
You know I have access to your safety deposit box?
我知道里面有什么。
I know what’s in there.
电影精选列表