-在贸易委员会-嗯哼
- And at the Board of Trade - Uh-huh.
-在拉塞尔街-啊哈,啊哈
- down on LaSalle Street, - Uh-huh, uh-huh.
它可能比华尔街更重要。
it's probably more important than Wall Street.
我想成为一名股票经纪人
I want to be a stockbroker
在贸易委员会的地板上。
on the floor of the Board of Trade.
那是我的梦想。
That's my dream.
拉多娜,丹尼,你,你
LaDonna, Danny, you-- you--
你在银行有什么抱负吗?
you have any ambitions at the bank?
我想我想在零售方面工作。
I think I'd like to work on the retail side.
你知道,我很擅长和人打交道。
You know, I'm good with people.
是的。我看得出来。
Yeah. I can see that.
呃,我没有。
Uh, I'm not.
我喜欢系统,喜欢事物的运作方式。
I like systems, how things work.
是的,他很擅长这个。
Yeah, he's good at that.
你们都做什么?最低工资吗?
Mm. What do you all make? Minimum wage?
怎么,怎么了?3美元,3.30美元?
What-- What is it? $3, $3.30?
3.35美元。
$3.35.
所以,是的。
So, yeah.
那笔银行贷款呢?
What about that bank loan?
我们,我们谈谈这事吧。
Let's, uh-- Let's talk about that.
你们有没有想过
Ha-- Have-- Have any of you ever thought about
有多少钱直接通过你们所有人?
how much money goes directly through you all?
嗯,七十亿-十二万九千。
Mm, seven billion-one hundred and twenty-nine-thousand.
你当然知道确切的数目。
Of course you know the exact amount.
我们都有,因为那不是我们的钱。
We all do, 'cause it's not our money.
但我很乐意数。
But I have a good time counting it.
哦。转接电♥话♥,
Oh. And the transfer calls,
你不会犯错的。
you cannot make a mistake.
——哦。Mnh-mnh。-不不不
- Oh. Mnh-mnh. - No, no, no.
-不然你就走人——嗯。
- Or else you're gone. - Mm-hmm.
你们都听说过伊凡·博斯基或者迈克尔·米尔肯吗?
Have you all ever heard of Ivan Boesky or Michael Milken?
在金融界非常有名。
Very prominent in the financial world.
小的贪婪。
Little greedy.
嘿,这么说吧
Hey, let's just say
在银行有很多机会
there's a lot of opportunities at a bank
有远见,
for forward-thinking,
像你们一样有野心的人。
ambitious people like yourselves.
嗯…谢谢你请我吃饭。
Well... thank you so much for the meal.
哦。好吧。当然可以。
Oh. Okay. Of course.
很高兴认识你。
And it's really nice meeting you.
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
待会儿见,马修。
And so we'll see you later, Marshall.
谢谢大家。
Thank you guys.
我们能谈谈银行贷款的事吗,叔叔?
You know, can we talk about the bank loan, Unc?
我需要那笔钱。
I need that money.
他们不能帮你贷款,
They can't help you with a bank loan,
但我可以。
but I can.
这里是1♥0♥0♥0♥0♥美元。
Here's $10,000.
现在一切由你掌控。
And now you're in control.
现在你为我工作。
And now you work for me.
——该死的!——嗯。
- Damn! - Mm-hmm.
谢谢,Unc。
Thanks, Unc.
你今晚不是要当DJ吗?
Don't you have to DJ tonight?
哦,狗屎。嗯…
Oh, shit. Uh...
-嘿,叔叔,谢谢你——嗯。
- Hey, Unc, thank you. - Mm-hmm.
-谢谢。-顺便说一下
- Thank you. - And, by the way,
你的朋友叫什么名字?
what are your friends' names again?
嘿,那家伙是谁?
Yo, who was that guy?
霍恩先生问了很多问题。
Mr. Horne asked a lot of questions.
我觉得这是一次很有启发性的谈话。
I found it a very stimulating conversation.
你注意到霍恩先生的手表了吗?
Did you notice Mr. Horne's watch?
一块冰冷的劳力士!
A stone-cold Rolex!
-是的。——该死的。
- Yeah. - Damn.
劳力士是什么?
What's a Rolex?
拉多娜,劳力士是有钱男人戴的手表。
LaDonna, a Rolex is a watch worn by men with money.
你不是在找这样的人吗?
Aren't you looking for somebody like that?
女人鸣唱
woman vocalizing
以最低工资工作40小时
Put 40 hours in at a minimum wage
星期五在这里,你得到了报酬,嗯
Friday's here and you get paid huh
你玩了一些骰子…
You played some dice...
我们正在开通电♥话♥线路
And we are opening up the phone lines
今晚的大话题——
on tonight's very big topic--
哈罗德·华盛顿市长真的死在办公桌前了吗?
Did Mayor Harold Washington really die at his desk?
谣言有一定的真实性。
The rumors have some validity.
芝加哥的权力机构有吗
Did the power establishment in Chicago
市长被♥干♥掉了吗?
have the mayor taken out?
我们将在休息后接听来电。请继续关注。
We're taking callers after the break. Stay tuned.
赚了大钱
And made big cash
告诉我生命能持续多久
But tell me how long does that life last
嗯,可能听起来很悲伤,也可能听起来很有趣
Huh, it might sound sad or might sound funny
但这就是人们为了钱而做的事
But that's what people do for money
——对吗?-看看她。
- Right? - Look at her.
你们怎么能一边做作业一边看电视呢?
Now how y'all gonna do homework and watch TV at the same time?
来吧。我们一直都在这么做。
Come on. We do it all the time.
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
让我看看。
Let me see.
这就是为什么你需要纠正这个,
And that's why you need to correct this,
这一点,
this,
这。
and this.
但是,拉多娜,我不知道答案。
But, LaDonna, I don't know the answer.
好吧。在那之前,电视一直关着。
Okay. Well, until you do, TV remains off.
妈妈在哪儿?
Where's Mama?
噢,你让我的爱落下
Ooh, you make my love come down
离不开
Can't do without
你温柔的爱
Your tender love
没有出路
There's no way out
嗨,瑞克。我们能谈谈吗?
Hi, Rick. Can we talk a second?
你来晚了。
You're here late.
有什么事吗?
What's up?
瑞克,我们都以为是今年
Rick, we all thought that this was the year
为了让你升白班,
for your promotion to the day shift,
但它……这并没有发生。
but it... it didn't happen.
我…我不明白。
I... I don't understand.
发生了什么事?你说我拿到了。
What happened? You said I had it.
我知道,我知道。只是时机不对。
I-I know, I know. It just wasn't the time.
也许明年吧。
Maybe next year.
我在这里待了六年,哈丽特。
I've been here for six years, Harriet.
我知道。我去为你辩护了。
I know. And I went to bat for you.
我真的很抱歉。
I'm real sorry.
祝你晚上愉快。
Have a good night.
哈丽特说她为我辩护了。
Harriet says she went to bat for me.
是啊,我一个都不相信。
Yeah, I don't trust any of them.
我该怎么办?找新工作?
What am I gonna do? Look for a new job?
我有账单要付,伙计。
I got bills, man.
听着,瑞克,我们是棋盘上的棋子。
Look, Rick, we are pawns on a chess board, man.
消耗品。
Expendable.
所以别以为他们在乎我们。
So stop thinking they care about us.
你为什么这么愤世嫉俗,伙计?
Why are you so cynical, man?
因为我是在银行工作的黑人,每小时挣3.35美元。
Because I'm Black at a bank, making $3.35 an hour.
为什么你不愤世嫉俗?
Why aren't you cynical?
我仍然认为银行里有好人,
I still think there are good people at the bank,
——比如哈丽特。——啊。
- like Harriet. - Ah.
好吧,看看这个。继续。
Alright, check this out. Go on.
我的朋友乔·西蒙斯调查了这件事。
So my boy Joe Simmons, he investigated this.
看,他注意到有1美元的差额
So look, he noticed there was a $1 discrepancy
在每个人三年的薪水里。
in everyone's paychecks for three years.
是啊,那可是一大笔钱。
Yeah, that's a hell of a lot of money.
你说得太对了。
You're goddamn right it is.
好了,乔决定做这个统计分♥析♥。
Alright, so Joe, he decided to do this statistical analysis.
然后他和哈丽特开了个会。
He then had this meeting with Harriet.
电影精选列表