我就是不知道夫人
I just wonder what her ladyship
对你的双重生活会作何感想
would think about your double life.
-你说什么 -白天做管家 晚上写专栏
- I beg your pardon. - Butler by day, author by night.
就像化身博士
Like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
-你什么时候发现的 -伊迪丝小姐来访那次
- When did you find out? - Lady Edith's visit.
那你怎么这几周来都没提过
Why have you not mentioned it in the many weeks since then?
因为我不想让你难堪
Because I thought I might spare you,
但现在 我不喜欢你的口气
but now I don't like your tone.
你要怎么做
So, what are you going to do?
这我心里清楚 你只能等着瞧了
That's for me to know and you to find out.
-听说您和默顿伯爵的事我很高兴 -谢谢
- I was so happy to hear about you and Lord Merton. - Thank you.
希望我在信中对你的结婚礼物表示了足够的感激
I hope I wrote enough about your wedding present,
太谢谢你了
it was too kind.
迪基最喜欢书了
Books are Dickie's favourite thing.
-他今晚怎么没来 -他想来的
- Why isn't he here tonight? - He wanted to be,
但我总担心他会过度操劳
but I'm anxious he shouldn't get over-tired.
他状况不太好
He's not well, you see.
我虽然这么说 但有趣的是 他看上去很健康
I say that but, funnily enough, he's a picture of health.
他绝对会来参加婚礼
He'll certainly be at the wedding.
-他后悔把卡温汉姆给拉瑞吗 -不
- Does he regret giving Cavenham to Larry? - No.
让他和艾米莉亚享受荣华吧
Let him and Amelia wallow in splendour.
愿他们过得开心 我们很幸福
And much good may it do them. We're happy as we are.
我明天下午要主持一场医院的会议
I have to preside over a meeting at the hospital tomorrow afternoon.
-好 -什么样的会议
- Fine. - What sort of meeting?
我们请了公众前来 既有资助者
We invite the public in. Our financial supporters,
也有普通民众
but ordinary people, too.
我们很希望他们理解我们的工作
We feel it's important they understand what we're doing.
-离伊迪丝的婚礼就一天了啊 -至多就两小时
- The day before Edith's wedding? - It'll be two hours at the most.
我们可以帮忙 我和阿提科斯
We can help here, Atticus and me.
那不是重点
That's not the point.
-那什么是重点 -汤姆 玛丽和我
- What is the point? - Tom and Mary and I
明天也要去约克办点事
have an errand in York tomorrow, too.
我能行的
I can manage.
就是摆花而已 而且都选好了
It's only the flowers and they've already been chosen.
柯拉 你肯定想在家盯着吧
Cora, surely you want to be here for that?
别说了 罗伯特
Drop it, Robert.
什么事啊
What errand is this?
你会知道的
Oh, you'll see.
卡森 能再给我来点红葡萄酒吗
Carson, could I have a bit more of the claret?
-安德鲁 -就放在那儿
- Andrew? - It's just there.
安德鲁会为您倒的 老爷
Andrew will pour it, my lord.
真令人激动啊
Well, isn't it thrilling?
报纸都报了 纽约的报纸都是
It was in all the papers, even in New York.
"伊迪丝小姐和她的富翁侯爵"
'Lady Edith and her millionaire Marquis.'
他第一次求婚时还不是富翁侯爵呢
He wasn't either when he first proposed.
但你接受时他就是了
But he was when you accepted.
马克爵士 容我提醒您 我新年前夜时要请假
Sir Mark, may I remind you that I will be away on New Year's Eve?
詹金斯太太会端茶上来
Mrs Jenkins will carry up the tea.
厨娘 端茶到客厅来
The cook? Carrying the tea into the drawing room?
斯戴尔斯夫人说可以破例这一次
Lady Stiles said she'd allow it, just this once.
-给 -谢谢
- There. - Thank you.
抱歉 我实在抽不开身
I'm sorry, I couldn't get away.
亲爱的 你看上去容光焕发
My darling, you look wonderful.
您似乎饿了 爸爸 要吃点什么吗
You look hungry, Papa. What about a tray?
谢谢 不了 我在火车上吃过
Thank you, no, I had dinner on the train.
希望我没让你失望 错过花卉布置
I hope I haven't let you down, missing the flowers.
没有 爸爸就是气您去医院忙活
No. Papa just resents the hours you spend at the hospital.
因为我没陪着他
Hours I'm not spending on him.
我相信他不是有意的
I'm sure it's quite unconscious.
男人太多时候都不留意
Men are unconscious for so much of the time.
我开始觉得
You know, I'm starting to think
-我们该等到婚礼后再去 -不
- we should have waited until after the wedding. - No.
这样她会在婚礼上更加开心
She'll enjoy the wedding more.
-怎么回事 -我在忙着给自己改头换面呢
- What's all this? - Oh, I'm busy reinventing myself.
我也是
I'm being reinvented, too.
原装的就不错啊
I rather like the old models.
你不觉得卡森在晚餐时的表现很奇怪吗
Don't you think Carson's behaviour was rather odd at dinner?
他好长时间不在状态了
He hasn't been himself for ages.
我们要不要现在下去 问问他是怎么回事
Should we go down now and see what it's all about?
没法治疗 不能治愈
There is no treatment, there is no cure.
很抱歉玛丽小姐要为此惊动您 老爷
But I'm sorry if Lady Mary saw fit to trouble you with it, my lord.
不是的 我是对晚餐时的事感到困惑
She didn't. I was puzzled by that business at dinner.
是这样啊 或许这样也好
I see. Well, perhaps it's for the best,
因为我显然只能提出辞职了
because clearly I have no option but to offer my resignation.
什么 你不会是真心的吧
What? You don't mean that.
很抱歉 老爷
I'm sorry, my lord,
但如果我无法履行职责 就不该留下
but I cannot stay if I cannot perform my duties.
我该跟您说实话的 小姐
I should have been more honest with you, my lady.
-我不知道您二位在 -请进吧 休斯太太
- Oh, I didn't know you were in here. - Please come in, Mrs Hughes,
劝劝你丈夫
and talk some sense into your husband.
那么他告诉您了 老爷
So, he's told you, my lord.
等婚礼结束 我就会刊登广♥告♥
When the wedding is over, I will place an advertisement
并亲自进行初步面试
and I will do the preliminary interviews myself.
我不能把这个宅子或这个家庭
I could not give this house or this family
交给我不信任的人
into hands that I do not trust.
这太过激了
This is very drastic.
你还会留在我们身边吧 卡森
But you'll stay in our lives, Carson?
留在庄园里 盯着庄园的事宜
You'll stay on the estate, keep a seeing eye on things,
帮忙举办大型活动什么的
help manage grand events and so on?
我很想答应 小姐
I would like to say yes to that, my lady.
但恐怕新管家是不会愿意接受这种事的
but I doubt that the new butler would accept the job under such terms.
换了我就不会
I know that I wouldn't.
迪基
Dickie?
迪基 你怎么来医院了
Dickie, what are you doing in the hospital?
我现在觉得好傻
Oh, I feel a fool now.
-被你发现了 -你还没回答我
- You've caught me. - You haven't answered my question.
是这样 我像个残废一样生活
Well, the fact is, I live like an invalid.
但我又不觉得自己像个残废
But I don't feel like an invalid.
你把我照顾得那么好
Your care of me has been wonderful.
即便如此 我现在也该奄奄一息了 但我没有
Even so, I should be fading past by now, and I'm not.
你之前怎么不跟我说
Why haven't you said any of this before?
我不想无端给你希望
I didn't want to get your hopes up.
-克拉克森医生怎么说 -他会在婚礼之前
- What did Dr Clarkson say? - Well, he'll run the tests again
再给我做遍检测
before the wedding,
但他说伦敦的医生应该不太可能会搞错
but he says it's highly unlikely the London men were wrong.
哈利街的诊所未必就不会犯错
A practice in Harley Street doesn't guarantee excellence.
花都摆好了 布洛克早上会来
That's the flowers done and Brock will be back in the morning
-替换掉坏掉的花 -很好
- to replace anything that's gone over. - Oh, well done.
-伯蒂住哪 -跟他母亲住在霍华德城♥堡♥
- Where's Bertie staying? - With his mother, at Castle Howard.
我们该请他来吃饭的
We should have asked him for dinner.
那会触霉头的 我们别冒险了
That would be unlucky, so we won't risk that.
-柯拉呢 -去讨厌的医院了
- Where's Cora? - Gone to the wretched hospital.
您为什么不喜欢她去啊
Why don't you like her going?
因为他们利用她的好心肠
Because they take advantage of her good nature.
-但她也喜欢啊 -所以他们才得以占便宜
- But she enjoys it. - That's why they're able to take advantage.
汤姆和亨利去做什么了 搞得神神秘秘的
What were Tom and Henry doing? It seemed very hush-hush.
罗伯特 您能不能
Robert, could you bear it
开车送我去村里
if I asked you to drive me into the village?
-现在吗 -如果您把车借我 我就送她去
- What, now? - I'll do it if you lend me the car.
不行 非得罗伯特去 不会很久的
No, it's got to be Robert. It won't take long.
我们喝茶之前就能回来
We'll be back before tea.
-如果你坚持的话 -我的确坚持
- If you insist. - I'm afraid I do, rather.
-你们告诉我好了 -不行 是个惊喜
- I wish you'd just tell me. - No, it's a surprise.
-我讨厌惊喜 -我们到了
- I hate surprises. - We're there now, anyway.
-我在看什么 -多明显啊
- Well, what am I looking at? - Well, isn't it obvious?
塔伯特-布兰森汽车
Talbot & Branson Motors.
-看着像是在营业啊 -的确
- But it looks like a going concern. - And so it is.
是开门营业的生意
A real live business,
虽然展出的车是我们全部的存货
even if the cars on show are the only stock,
但我们日后会进更多来
but we'll get more in.
电影精选列表