说得对
Yeah.
要怎样做才能使我的书 出现在爱德·苏黎文的节目里?
How exactly do you get a book on The Ed Sullivan Show?
维琪,你真是点子多多
[ Barbara ] Vikki,you're incredible.
在节目表中没有看到她的名字. 他们是怎样把她安排进表演节目里的?
She wasn't even on the bill. How did they fit her into the lineup?
特别好运的原因吧
一 [ Audience Applauding ] 一 Oh, the best luck.
<<三区桥>>一播放, 的<<仙乐飘飘处处闻>>收视率就大大下降了
The Singing Nun fell off her scooter coming across the Triborough Bridge.
大概那里有人会喜欢我
I guess somebody up there likes me.
我们带给你们一个重大惊喜
[ Ed Sullivan ] We have for you a really big surprise...
为了配合这本新书的推出...
because to coincide with the arrival of the new book...
书名叫<<别谈恋爱>>
Down With Love...
这个星期这本书将在全国各地的书店里发♥售♥
which this week is at your booksellers from coast to coast...
我们的节目邀请了一位非常特别的嘉宾
we have a very, very special friend of our show...
来为那本书高歌♥一曲
to do a song of that book.
现在,请大家热烈欢迎...
Now, I want a really big, warm welcome...
朱迪·嘉兰...
forJudy Garland...
她已站在舞台上了
right on this stage.
~~ [ Band ]
好的,小姐, 您要芭芭拉·娜薇写的<<别谈恋爱>>
Yes, ma'am. Down With Love by Barbara Novak.
芭芭拉·娜薇写的<<别谈恋爱>>
It's called Down With Love by Barbara Novak.
真棒!
一 [ Laughing ] 一 Yes!
[ Bicycle Bells Dinging ]
[ All Screaming ]
[ Screaming ]
[ Gigging, Squealing ]
[ Applause ]
你说她是个老处♥女♥
You said she was a spinster.
我活了这么久,还从未用过"老处♥女♥"这个名词
I've never used the word ''spinster'' in my life.
顶多只有一次,那一次我告诉妈妈, 她把儿子称为"老处♥女♥",客观来说是错误的
Okay, once, when I told my mother it was technically incorrect to call her son a spinster.
一 你说过她是个白种女人. 一 我没有这么说过
一 You said she was a brunette. 一 I did not!
她在电♥话♥里面的声音并不象是个金发美女
She sure didn't sound like a blond on the telephone.
一 你仍想跟维琪约会吗? 一 当然啦,你以为我想终生是"老处♥女♥"呀
一 You still want to date Vikki? 一 Of course. You think I want to die a spinster?
一 那你告诉她,我会为她们写篇封面专题报导. 一 你跟...的关糸好得很
一 Tell her I'll do the cover story. 一 You are the best friend—
打电♥话♥吧
Just... call.
自从忠汉斯·古腾堡发明了铅活字印刷术,
[ Man ] Not sinceJohannes Gutenberg's invention of the printing press...
对人类生活产生深远的影响以来...
which changed forever the landscape of man's destiny...
没有一本书的销♥售♥量如此惊人,成就如此高...
has one book reached so many and achieved so much...
这提醒了我们今天在座的所有人
reminding all of us here today...
我们的崇高目标就是持之以恒地敬业乐业
of the noble goal which called us to toil in the field of publishing...
而首要注重的就是...
to begin with—
...提高书籍销♥售♥量
sales.
为了宾那书局新的第一书籍销♥售♥量的作者
So here's to Banner House's new number一 one author...
以及新的第一销♥售♥量编辑干杯
and our new number一 one editor.
大家干杯
Say cheers, everyone.
干杯
[ All ] Cheers.
B.N,那些男人很生气呢
Those men are livid, B.N.
你现在是个大红人, 比那个混♥蛋♥专栏作家还红呢
You're a hit. You're bigger than the pill.
V.H,说起大
Oh, talk about big, V.H.
这间办公室真大,真是值得庆贺
This office is huge. Congratulations.
我们成功了
We did it.
你好啊,格拉迪! 你打扮得很漂亮
Well, hello, Gladys! You look wonderful.
芭芭拉,你告诉过我, 女人什么时候打扮都可以
As you told me, Barbara, it's never too late. [ Giggles ]
维琪,彼得·麦曼尼斯又打电♥话♥来了
Oh, Vikki, Peter MacMannus called again.
现在他每隔半个小时就打电♥话♥来
Now it's every half hour.
跟他说,我们忙得很
[ Both ] Tell him we're too busy.
一 "忙得很"? 那是什么意思? 一 你知道那是什么意思?
一 What do you mean? ''Too busy''? 一 You know what it means.
她们讨厌我们
[ Peter] They hate us.
忙得很?
Too busy?
就算是在"古巴导弹危机",甘乃迪、 赫鲁晓夫和卡斯特罗这些大人物也不会忙得很
Kennedy, Khrushchev and Castro weren't too busy during the Cuban Missile Crisis...
他们也能给予我访问的机会
to sit down and talk to me...
而现在这个丫头只不过 写了本<<别谈恋爱>>的书,就忙得很
but this Down With Love chick is too busy.
她在忙些什么? 忙着吃巧克力?
Doing what? Eating chocolate?
各位参赛者,真抱歉,你们被难住了
[ Man On TV] I'm sorry, panel. You've been stumped.
一 答案就是畅销书<<别谈恋爱>>的作者... 一 娜薇上电视了!
一 The author of the best seller, Down With Love... 一 It's Novak!
芭芭拉·娜薇
一 Barbara Novak. 一 [ Audience Applauding ]
芭芭拉,很多女人买♥♥了你写的书...
Barbara, I know every woman bought your book...
而很多男人为了了解他们的爱侣在看些什么, 于是也偷偷出去买♥♥你的书
and every man sneaked out and bought it to find out what their women were reading.
这样我的书籍销♥售♥量就加倍了
一 That's when the sales doubled. 一 [ Laughing ]
可是后来你的书籍销♥售♥量 攀升至原来的三倍,为什么会这样?
[ Man ] But then they tripled. How did that happen?
在基♥督♥教脏地的教会热衷于...
It seems that church groups in the Bible belt were so zealous...
...当众焚烧我写的书
about being seen burning my book...
每一次他们燃起大火的时候, 他们就得打电♥话♥去重新定购
that every time they had a bonfire, they would call and reorder...
这样他们就能有另一本书可以烧了
so that they could have another one.
我听到很多人在谈论你书中的第八章...
Now, I've heard a lot of talk about chapter eight...
里面提到最差劣的男人类型, 也就是每一个女人都应该避免交往的类型
about the worst kind of man, the kind every woman should avoid.
第八章的标题叫什么? 可以再说一次吗?
What's that title again?
"换女人就象换衬衫一样频繁的男人"
''Men who change women as often as they change their shirts.''
在你研究期间,你遇到过很多这种类型的男人吗?
[ Man ] And have you met a lot of that kind of man in your research?
你不是要我把他们逐一点名吧?
[ Chuckles ] You're not asking me to name names, are you?
不是,当然不是
一 No, of course not. 一 [ Barbara Laughing ]
凯查·布洛克就是其中一个
Catcher Block.
噢!
[ Audience ] Ohh.!
哇!
Wow!
纽约有四百万女人
Four million women in the naked city...
而她就是你无法逮住芳心, 令你闷闷不乐的的女人
and the one you let get away, the one you had to get on the bad side of...
而且这个女人还对其他 四百万名女人有重大影响力
is the woman all the other four million are listening to.
[ Snickering Laugh ]
老兄,你完蛋了!
You blew it, buddy.
女士对象、男士榜样的花♥花♥公♥子♥ — 凯查·布洛克的时代...
The age of Catcher Block, ladies' man, man's man, man about town...
已经过去了!
is over!
你这个皇帝驾崩了
The king is dead.
别开心得这么早, 那四百万个跟我在一起的女人...
I hate to spoil your fun, but the four million women I go out with...
并不受芭芭拉·娜薇的影响
don't listen to Barbara Novak.
[ Phone Ringing ]
喂
Hello.
嘿,葛温德琳,宝贝,你在哪里呀?
Hey, Gwendolyn, baby. Where are you?
别留在机场,我们预订了十点钟的桌位
Then get out of the airport. We have reservations for 10:00.
你总不能坐在机场大楼直到凌晨三点钟吧
Well,you can't sit in the terminal till 3:00 a.m.
你会饿死的
Aren't you going to get hungry?
我不饿,我饱得很
No, I'm pretty full.
还有,我必须赶快看多些书了
Besides, I have to... catch up on some reading.
看书? 看什么书?
Reading? Reading what?
晚安,葛温德琳
Good night, Gwendolyn.
阿凯,出什么事了? 失去另一个爱侣?
What's the matter, Catch? Lose another one?
我要将那个叫娜薇的泼妇活埋了...
I am going to bury that Novak broad...
令这个<<别谈恋爱>>的疯狂世界恢复旧貌
and turn this crazy upside Down With Love world right side up again.
我将会写一篇举世震惊的报道...
I'm gonna write the expose of the century...
令全世界永远记得: 其实所有女人都一样
so the world will know once and for all that deep down all women are the same.
所有女人要的都是 同样的东西 — 爱情和婚姻
They all want the same thing— love and marriage...
连这个<<别谈恋爱>>的芭芭拉·娜薇小姐也不例外
even Miss Barbara ''Down With Love'' Novak.
我将会证明这一点
And I am going to prove it.
怎样证明? 娜薇连见也不想见你
How? Novak won't even see you.
说得对
That's right.
正因如此, 娜薇才不会想到我正在设法接近她
That's why Novak won't even see me coming.
芭芭拉,你还没有装扮好,你不想去吗?
Barbara, you're not dressed. Aren't you coming?
是的,我不想去,今晚我想留在家里
No. I'm just gonna stay in tonight.
为什么不去? 是不是因为你没有跟人约会?
Why? Because you don't have a date?
我的约会对象是个有27个队友的四分卫, 相信他可以为你安排一个
My date's a quarterback with 27 teammates. I'm sure he can fix you up.
我想他办不到的
I'm sure he couldn't.
我是不受男人欢迎的人
I am persona non grata to all men.
就连的士司机也不肯给我上车
I can't even get picked up by a taxi driver.
真是荒谬,尽管你名成利就...
This is crazy. All of this fame and success...
而且还赢得"性对象任择"小姐的美誉, 但却找不到伴侣
and Miss Sex A La Carte is the only woman who can't have sex a la carte.
看来我在这个星球是找不到对象的了
At least not on this Earth.
那些过去两星期来不在地球的太空员,
Maybe we could find you an astronaut
或者他们可以成为你的对象
who's been in orbit the past two weeks.
不用了,维琪,我自己一个人过得很好
It's all right, Vikki. I'm perfectly content on my own.
你那本书就是你在 不需要男人陪伴的时候写的
When it comes to not needing a man, you wrote the book.
[ Door Closes ]
一 的士! 一 等等,我得去取回我的干洗衣服
一 Taxi! 一 Wait. I have to pick up my dry cleaning.
不可以,现在要回去工作
Can't. Gotta get back to the office.
<<跳跃调查>>侦探社正在调查娜薇
Skip in Research is doing a fact check on Novak—
看看她认识了什么人,习惯去哪里,
who she knows, where she goes,
喜欢跟谁共进晚餐,喜欢吃什么菜
what she likes for dinner, what she likes a la carte.
那你等我两分钟吧, 以前你吃热狗的时候,我也是等你吃完再走的
Wh— Two minutes. I waited for you to eat your hot dog.
说得对,阿麦,你的干洗衣服就由我去取好了, 你回去工作吧
电影精选列表