Catcher Block. Catcher Block.
一 我是<<灵通>>杂♥志♥的凯查·布洛克. 一 噢,这个我当然知道
一 KNOW magazine. 一 Oh, yes, of course.
布洛克先生,有什么我可以效劳的吗?
What can I do for you, Mr. Block?
应该是有什么我可以 为你效劳才对,娜薇小姐
I think it's what I can do for you, Miss Novak.
我想请你共进午餐, 这样我们可以就你那本书谈谈
I'd like to invite you to lunch so we can discuss your book.
听起来很不错...
That sounds very nice...
不过我得看看我的时间表, 看看什么时候有空
but I'll have to check my schedule to see when I'm available.
我们已经在酒吧订了桌位, 你可以在十分钟后到酒吧的"桃房♥"吗?
We've already ordered. Can you be in the Mahogany Room in ten minutes?
布洛克先生,十分钟后恐怕不行
I'm afraid that will be impossible, Mr. Block.
一 那就在其他时间吧. 一 好的
一 Some other time, then. 一 Right.
我在十五分钟后见你
I'll see you in 15.
[ Both Squealing ]
阿凯,你是我这个有20种 精神官能症患者的最好朋友
Catch,you are the best friend a guy with 20 diagnosed neuroses ever had.
我们是老朋友了. 我认识你的时候, 你才患上12种精神官能症
We've been friends a long time. I knew you when you only had 12.
我们的交情真不错! 我马上回来
This is great! I'll be right back.
我得在鞋里加上鞋垫,令我看来高点
Gotta go put in my shoe lifts.
一 猜猜我是谁. 一 看来我得猜一猜了
一 Guess who. 一 As if I'd need to guess.
一 嗯,你说我是谁呢. 一 跟我说一句"你爱我"
一 Hmm. Tell me my name. 一 Tell me you love me.
嘿,阿凯,你知道我爱你
Blimey, Catch. You know I love you.
我也爱你...葛温德琳
And I love you too... Gwendolyn.
哦
Oh.
一 你可以留在纽约多久? 一 向来都是很短暂的
一 How long's your layover? 一 Never long enough.
总有时间可以看场下午场的电影吧
There's always time for a matinee.
你好,彼得. 芭芭拉·娜薇,这是彼得·麦曼尼斯
Well, hello, Peter. Barbara Novak, Peter MacMannus.
很高兴见到你,麦曼尼斯先生
Nice to meet you, Mr. MacMannus.
一 布洛克先生哪里去了? 一 是啊,布洛克先生在哪里?
一 [ Vikki ] Where's Mr. Block? 一 Yes, where's Mr. Block?
我...我不知道.亨利
I, uh, I don't know. Henri.
一 布洛克先生到哪里去了? 一 我不知道
一 Where is Mr. Block? 一 I don't know.
您是麦曼尼斯先生吗? 有一位布洛克先生的要我拿这个给你
A Mr. Block for you, Mr. MacMannus?
啊
Ah.
他在电♥话♥里面
Here he is now.
一 凯查! 一 阿麦
一 Catcher! 一 Mac.
一 你在哪? 一 突然间有点事要办. 她来了吗?
一 Where are ya? 一 Something sprang up. Is she there?
一 她来了 一 让我跟那个老处♥女♥说几句
一 Yes, she is. 一 Let me speak to the spinster.
布洛克先生想跟你说几句
Mr. Block would like to speak with you.
一 我是芭芭拉·娜薇. 一 娜薇小姐,非常不好意思
一 This is Barbara Novak. 一 I'm so sorry, Miss Novak.
真是烦死了
The darndest thing.
我刚才在酒吧等你的时候, 一只英国小猎狐狗...
I was waiting for you at the bar, and a little English foxhound...
跑了进来,走到我身上贴着我
walked right in, came up to me and started nuzzling me.
那只猎狐狗象是迷路了, 而且只想跟我在一起
She seemed so lost, and she didn't want to go with anyone else...
于是我只有细心照看它
so I just had to take care of her.
布洛克先生,你真是体贴
Mr. Block, that is so thoughtful.
我看过一本书说, 要知道一个男人的真实性格
I remember reading that the true test of a man's character...
就是看他怎样对待没有自卫能力的动物
is how he treats a defenseless creature.
布洛克先生,那只猎狐狗现在怎样了?
Tell me, Mr. Block, how is the little bitch now?
嗯,我让它舒服地躺在盒子里
Well, I've got her all nestled in a box...
不过它还要我抱抱才满意
but I don't think she'll be content until I'm holding her.
娜薇小姐,我们改在晚餐时见面好吗?
Miss Novak, could we rain check until dinner?
没问题
Of course.
好了,布洛克先生,晚餐时再见
Well, good一 bye, Mr. Block. Until dinner.
再见
Good一 bye.
~[ Orchestra:Dramatic ]
我是芭芭拉·娜薇
This is Barbara Novak.
娜薇小姐,非常不好意思
Miss Novak, I am so sorry.
一 又是烦死了 一 什么令你烦死了,布洛克先生?
一 The darndest thing. 一 Yes, Mr. Block?
我跟我那只法国鬈毛小狗到公园散步的时候
I'm out in the park with my little French poodle...
它就是不愿意进去公园里, 希望你明白我遇到的情况
and she's just not ready to go in yet, if you know what I mean.
明白你的意思,我这个农场女孩...
Oh, I do, but here's a little advice...
给你这个城市男孩一个建议吧
from a farm girl to a city boy.
你拿一枝细树枝插♥进♥它的屁♥股♥
You'll find that if you stick a little twig in her bottom...
那它就会马上记得为什么跟你出来了
she'll remember why she went out with you in the first place.
我会记住这一点的
I'll keep that in mind.
娜薇小姐,真不好意思,不过我想问...
Miss Novak, I hate to ask...
我们可以改在早餐时见面吗?
but could we rain check until breakfast?
没问题,布洛克先生
Of course. Good一 bye, Mr. Block.
我们早餐时再见吧
Until breakfast.
一 [ Bat Hitting Ball ] 一 [ Crowd Cheering ]
我...真的不知道
I...just don't know.
阿凯平时并不会迟到
It's not like Catch to be late.
不是的,他常常在约定的时间 就打电♥话♥来取消约定
No. He usually calls to cancel right on time.
噢,芭芭拉,他肯定会打电♥话♥来的
Oh, Barbara, I'm sure he'll call.
我的意思是说,他会来的
I mean, come.
葛温德琳,昨天午餐时我和乐琪都见不到你
Elkie and I missed you at lunch yesterday, Gwendolyn.
噢,我...去看下午场电影
Oh, I, uh, took in a matinee...
跟凯查·布洛克去的
with Catcher Block.
真的吗?
Is that so?
依悦特,在晚餐时我和乐琪都见不到你
But Elkie and I missed you at dinner last night, Yvette.
噢,我跟凯查·布洛克去玩些夜间游戏
Oh, I took in a night game... with Catcher Block.
一 我跟他说我会为了他而不做空姐. 一 我也是这样说!
一 I told him I'd give up flying for him. 一 I did too.!
一 现在我怀疑他有没有爱过我. 一 我怀疑他有没有关心过我
一 Now I wonder if he ever loved me. 一 I wonder if he even cared.
乐琪现在在做什么?
[ Both ] I wonder what's keeping Elkie!
我是芭芭拉·娜薇
This is Barbara Novak.
娜薇小姐,非常不好意思,又再烦死了
I'm so sorry, Miss Novak. The darndest thing.
昨晚我在半路被一只迷死人的瑞典小狗伏击,
I got waylaid by the sweetest Swedish lap hound,
弄得我到半夜仍不能入睡
who kept me up half the night...
很抱歉,我现在还未起床
and I'm afraid I'm still in bed.
唉呀! 你一定是在半路被伏击了
My! You do get waylaid.
一 我们约定别的时候见面吧? 一 好的,谢谢你
一 Would you care for another beverage? 一 Yeah, sure. Thank you.
一 可以再说一次吗? 一 我说"谢谢你,你真是通情达理."
一 I beg your pardon? 一 I was saying thank you. You're very understanding.
我们改在午餐时见面好吗?
Could we rain check until lunch?
噢,布洛克先生
Oh, Mr. Block.
你可以改天再约我
You can take your rain check...
就象收割季节,我们在农田所说的一样
and as we say on the farm at harvest time...
将谷物放到没有阳光的地方
put it where the sun does not shine!
娜薇小姐,如果你想晚餐时才跟我见面, 那就直说好了
Miss Novak, if you're looking to get dinner, then just say so.
布洛克先生...
[ Scoffing Laugh ] Mr. Block...
你不会跟你见面的...
I wouldn't meet with you...
以后的一百年都不会!
in a hundred years!
一 再见,布洛克先生...
一 Good一 bye, Mr. Block... 一 [ Punching Sound ]
永别了!
forever!
[ Thunder Rumbling ]
麦曼尼斯先生,谢谢你接待了我们
Mr. MacMannus, thank you for your trouble.
不用客气
Not at all.
维琪,我去叫的士
Vikki, I'll call a taxi.
一 我们的访问就这样了结了. 一 很遗憾吧
一 Guess this means we're through. 一 Oh, it's sad, isn't it?
我第一次在未跟男人开始来往
This is the first time I've had to eliminate having a future with a man...
就跟那个男人断绝关糸
before we've even had a chance to have had a past.
麦曼尼斯先生,再见了
Good一 bye, Mr. MacMannus.
如果那能持续下去就好了
一 ~[ Band ] 一 [ Peter ] It was nice while it lasted.
自从我有保姆照顾以来, 就从未在晚餐和早餐时都跟同一个女人一起
I haven't had dinner and breakfast with the same woman since I had a nanny.
彼得,虽然我为你感到难过, 不过维琪并不是唯一适合你的人
I'm sorry, Peter, but Vikki is not the only girl for you.
那也是我为什么带你来这里的原因
That's why I brought you here.
你带我到这里来,因为我们交情深,对吧?
You brought me here... because we're buddies, right?
我们是知心好友
Bosom buddies.
一 [ Men Whistling ] 一 ~[ Continues ]
看看这些"火箭"吧
Get a load of those rockets.
一 我要反地心吸力去了 一 老友,跟我一起看吧,你会看到她们旋冲起来
一 Here's to antigravity. 一 Stay with me, buddy. You'll get the spins.
你怎么做都可以,只要不闭上你的眼睛
And whatever you do, don't close your eyes.
不要闭上你的眼睛
Don't close your eyes.
睁开你的眼睛,睁开你的眼睛
Open your eyes. Open your eyes.
当当! 你就是你的书
Ta一 da! It's your book.
现正出♥售♥,由第五大街的史格利伯纳出版社出版
On sale, Scribners, Fifth Avenue.
一本书?
One?
只有一本书?
Just one?
花了这么多工夫,就只出版一本书?
All that work, and一 and一 and一 and one?
如果有人买♥♥了这本书,那就全部售清了
If somebody buys it, well, then there will be none.
就象这本书从来没有出现过一样
It will be as if it never even existed.
不是的,德布戴书店那里也有一本
No, no. Doubleday also has one.
嗯
一 [ Bell Dings ] 一 Mmm.
我明白你对此觉得很气馁,不过我答应你...
I know you're thinking this is a real setback, but I promise you...
我会想办法帮你解决的
I will think of something.
要是你的书出现在爱德·苏黎文的节目里就好了
If only we could get your book on The Ed Sullivan Show.
要是你的书出现在爱德·苏黎文的节目里就好了
If only we could get your book on The Ed Sullivan Show.
电影精选列表