...decreased vitreous liquid and increased...
我们得谈谈
We need to talk.
昨晚你离开后
After you left last night,
我开始研究了一下独角兽
I started doing research on unicorns
我认为我们需要当心了
and I think we need to be careful.
妈妈带我们去过的那座博物馆里的挂毯
Those tapestries at the museum that Mom took us to.
你还记得吗 -什么
Do you remember that? -What--
不 我不知道
What-- No-- Uh, I don't know.
但是 我们能晚点再谈吗
But, uhm, can we talk later?
这些科学知识很重要
This science stuff's important.
但早期指标表明 血液中的...
But early indicators, uh, indicate that the blood's
治疗特性
therapeutic characteristics
可能与那只角本身密切相关
may very well relate to the horn itself.
噢 是吗 -怎么说
Oh, yeah? -How?
说出来也只是种猜想
To say would be conjecture.
猜想 -猜想是好事
Conject. -Conjecture is good.
我们可以基于猜想进行工作
We can work with conjecture.
我认为没人会介意猜想
I don't think anyone minds conjecture.
好吧 那个... -那似乎是
Well the, um... -Seems to be
某种器官
some sort of organ.
瞧 不知怎的 它仍然在发射生物电♥信♥♥号♥♥
See, somehow it's still firing bioelectrical signals
使整个神经系统的细胞去极化
to depolarize cells throughout the entire nervous system,
这很奇怪
which is weird.
是的 生物电磁传导性
Yes, bioelectromagnetic conductivity
看起来确实很不寻常
does seem unusual,
可能对1-Delta化合物有显著影响
uh, potentially significant in compound 1-Delta.
抱歉打断一下 嗨 我是艾略特·金特纳 法学博士
Excuse me. Hi. Elliot Kintner, J.D.,
是一号♥受试者 或者说是二号♥
uh, subject one-- or well, two, actually.
不管怎样 是我们发现了它
Regardless, uh, made the discovery,
很高兴能和你们一起共事
it's good to be working with you.
我的问题是 那个化合物到底是什么
My question: what's that compound now?
兽角粉
Pulverized horn.
我们需要研究它 -噢
We need to study it. -Oh.
但它的效果可能比血液更强
But it's potentially more potent than the blood.
那我们还等什么呢
Well, what are we waiting for?
要我说咱们应该立马把那玩意儿弄断
I say we pop that sucker off right away,
磨成粉 然后破解它
grind it up and get it crackin'.
又或者 也许...
Or is that-- Is that maybe,
这并不是最佳办法
maybe not what the move is...
几个世纪以来
For centuries,
菲律宾甲米地省的驻民
the Cavitenos of the Philippines
一直保持着
have carried on a tradition
将已逝之人葬入树内的传统
of burying their dead inside trees.
当年迈的老人准备好了
When the elder is ready,
他们会冒险进入森林亲自挑选葬身用的树木
they venture into nature to select it themselves.
如果这东西不起作用
If this doesn't work,
那这可能是我这辈子做的最后一搏了
that may be the last earthly business for me to do.
我们会竭尽全力的 亲爱的
No stone unturned, darling.
等等 如果什么东西不起作用?
Wait, if what doesn't work?
煎蛋卷 先生
Omelet, sir?
谢谢
Thank you.
先生 兽角内
Sir, electromagnetic radiation
仍在释放电磁辐射
is still emanating from the horn.
但它...
But it's...
更强了
...stronger.
感觉怎么样 先生
How are you feeling, sir?
我相信它在起效果 我真的相信
Oh, I believe it's working. I do believe.
当然有效了 奥德尔 当然
Of course it is, Odell. Of course.
噢 当然 我打赌它在奏效
Oh, yeah. No, I bet. It's working.
正好好治愈你的那些肿瘤呢
Working those tumors real good.
我想感谢你带来这份礼物 艾略特
I want to thank you for this gift, Elliot.
一份实实在在的礼物 人之离世
The gift of certainty. To pass on,
终被埋葬 或者像我一样
to be buried, or in my case,
最后被低温冷冻在地下掩体中
cryogenically frozen in a subterranean bunker,
但无论如何 都要做到
but, regardless, to do so
知晓自己已经试遍了一切方法
knowing you've tried it all.
多亏了你 我做到了
Thanks to you, I have.
不过 我真希望自己去过太空
I do wish I'd gone to space, though.
好吧 没几个人能上去
Yeah. Well, not many people have.
无论结果如何 你都会得到一笔使用费
Whatever comes of this, you'll receive your royalty.
明白吗
Understand?
你的发现 你的分成
Your discovery, your cut.
也许 你会成为这个项目的合伙人
Perhaps, you'll become a partner in all of this.
谢谢你 先生 在下将不胜感激
Thank you, sir. I'd be grateful.
我知道你会的 朋友
I know you would, amigo.
我有没有说过我们正身处黑脚族的土地上
Did I tell you we're on Blackfoot land?
他们的子民感恩涕零...
Their people express their thanks, grati--
省点力气 奥德尔
Save your strength, Odell.
没人需要听到这些
No one needs to hear about that.
现在和以后都不需要 亲爱的
Not now, not ever, darling.
好好休息 嘘
Just-- That's it. Shhh.
他很好
He's fine.
来吧
Come on.
你在这干嘛呢
What's going on in here?
我想我在研究
Uh, I'm researching, I guess.
哪方面的研究
What kind of researching?
有反馈是件好事 别惧怕它
Feedback's a good thing. Don't be afraid of it.
没错 我也说不好
Right. Um, I don't know.
我猜我只是在想
I... I guess I just kind of figured,
如果过去人认为独角兽是真实的
you know, what if people used to think
是因为它们实际上真的存在呢
that unicorns were real because they actually were?
假如搞不清楚状况的人是我们
You know, like, we're the ones who got it wrong.
我觉得如果情况真是如此 那么…
And I feel like if that's the case, then...
人类过去
what people used
对它们的评价实际上比我们
have to say about them is actually a lot more relevant
现在的想法更具参考意义
than what we think now.
不过这都是些充满恶意
Yeah, but this, this is all just bad faith
又老掉牙的古早厌女主义糟粕 但其中有些内容其实...
archaic misogynist bullshit. But some of this's actually...
完全同意 -我演示给你看
Totally. -I'll show you.
我们干嘛不给你找个更合适的岗位呢
Tell you what, why don't we get you situated properly.
格里芬 -有何吩咐
Griff? -Yes?
把我的宽幅面打印机搬来
Uh, my large format printer.
几年前
I was a real shutterbug
我曾做过几个月
for a few months a couple years back
真正的摄影爱好者 后来我迷上了射箭
before I got into archery and that kinda...
对别的就失去兴趣了
...took over everything.
不过
But, um...
你为何不梳理一下你的思路
why don't you organize your thoughts, you know,
然后打印出来
print some of this stuff off,
这样我们就能将咱们的研究成果展示给我父母看
and then we can present our research to my parents.
你意下如何 -是的
What do you think? -Yeah. Uh,
我也不确定 应该行吧
I don't know. Yeah, I guess, I could, uh...
不一定非得弄得像情绪板那样专业
It doesn't have to be like a proper mood board or anything,
但我是个视觉思考者 所以...
but I'm a visual thinker so...
好吧
Right.
我等不及看到成果了 蕾德利
Hmm. I can't wait to see it. Ridley.
另外用哑光纸做好吗 亮面的太俗
Oh, and, uh, matte paper, yeah? Glossy's gauche.
爸
Dad?
奥德尔 你看起来...
Odell. You look...
满血复活了
rested.
如果这些蛋白质和肿瘤标志物数据都没错
If these protein and tumor markers are accurate,
你的癌症似乎以某种方式...
your cancer seems to be in some sort of, uh,
自发缓解了
spontaneous remission.
那是什么意思
What's that now?
我们还不能百分百确定
We can't say anything definitive
但目前的淋巴结指数只有1
and right now N only equals one.
但这极有可能表示
But there's a chance this is possibly, uh--
这东西很可能是...
It could be the, uh...
癌症的解药
Cure for cancer?
你在开玩笑吗
Are you kidding me?
癌症 那可是最难治的病
电影精选列表