You've had a lot of experience along these lines.
你对那个小混混怎么看?
What do you think about that hobo?
你觉得他全都招了吗?
Do you think he told us all he knows?
是的 我觉得他说的实话
Yes, I think he was telling the truth.
他就是那种普通常见的扒手
He is just a common or garden variety of pickpocket.
要知道 迪克 犯下一桩重大的凶杀案
You see Dick, it takes a man of violent mind..
需要一个人有暴♥力♥的思想
To commit a major crime like robbery or killing.
那么你认为所有的杀人犯都是同一种行为模式吗?
Then you believe that all killers are one particular pattern, eh?
所有那些预谋杀人的人
All those who commit premeditated murder
全都是利己主义者以致极端病态的程度
thay are all egotists to the point of egomania.
这是一概而论了
A pretty broad statement.
但恐怕这是基于一个显而易见的前提
But based on an obvious premise I'm afraid.
只有极端利己的人 才会把自己的欲望凌驾于他人的生命之上
Only a supreme egotist who holds his desires over the life of another person.
完美犯罪会让他们有成就感
Would feel capable of achieving the perfect crime.
这个有待争议吧 医生
That's open to argument, doctor.
既然有悬案 就会有完美犯罪
Since there have been unsolved murders there could have been perfect crimes.
机会法则完全反驳了这一说法
The laws of chance are overwhelmingly against it.
人性的法则也同样
And so are the laws of human nature.
一个杀人犯的所有安全感都来源于复杂的谎言
You see, a murderer's whole safety depends on a complication of lies.
他没有动机、没有时机 那么不在场证明就是完美的
That he had not motive, no access. That his alibi is perfect.
就算他并没有悔意
Even if he feels no remorse.
但想想他忍♥受的压力
Think of the strain he endures
他知道哪怕一点失误都会前功尽弃
knowing that one error would be his undoing.
他知道自己一点健忘就会推♥翻♥证词
That if he is forgetful enough to contradict one of his statements.
知道自己的无罪证明在细节上经不起推敲
If his act of innocence is unconvincing in any detail.
甚至说梦话都担心
If he so much as talks in his sleep.
我想知道伊芙琳去哪了?
I wonder what's become of Evelyn.
你知道吗 这月亮和在家里看起来几乎一样
You know, that's probably the same moon they have back home.
不知为何还觉得更好看了 -确实很美
It looks better here somehow. - It is beautiful.
伊芙琳
Evelyn.
自从你回来 我就有件事想问你
Ever since you came back there's something I've wanted to ask you.
从你离开那天 我就想问了
It's been on my mind ever since you went away.
其实 直到你离开了 我才知道
In fact I didn't realise how much I wanted you be here.
我有多么需要你 你知道我的意思吗
Until you did go away. If you know what I mean.
是的 诺曼 我懂你的意思
Yes Norman, I believe I know what you mean.
我一直在想
I've been thinking.
尽管我在大学教书的工作很顺利
Although I'm pretty well set with my teaching at college.
但我没有生活经验
I have no background.
没有家庭生活 你知道我的意思
No home life, if you know what I mean.
我知道这番话很突然
I know this is all very sudden.
不 诺曼
No, Norman.
我有时能感觉到你对我的喜欢
I've had the feeling that you liked me for quite some time but I..
你不喜欢我吗? -喜欢
Don't you like me? - Yes.
是的 我喜欢你
Yes, I do.
有什么问题吗?
What's the matter?
你是有其他男人吗? -不 当然没有
Is there some other man? - No, of course not.
还能有谁呢?
Who would there be?
我不知道
I don't know.
你说你喜欢我 但是
You say you like me, but..
诺曼 请先别逼我立刻就给你回复
Norman, please don't ask me to give you an answer right now.
我有点混乱
I'm so confused.
我也想给你个理由 但我给不了
I'd like to give you a reason but I can't.
我解释不了
I can't explain it.
你俩在这儿不冷吗?
Aren't you cold out here?
我给你拿个披肩吧
Maybe I'd better get you a wrap?
我还好 迪克
I'm alright, Dick.
话虽如此 我觉得你还是应该穿件披肩
Nevertheless, I think you should have a wrap.
我去拿
I'll get it.
他看上去很喜欢你
He seems to be very fond of you.
是的
Yes.
其实 他向我求婚了
In fact he just asked me to marry him.
你说什么了?
What did you say?
我告诉他我现在做不了决定
I told him I couldn't make up my mind just now.
为什么这么说?
Why did you say that?
因为这是真的
Because it's true.
为什么是真的?为什么你不能决定?
Why is it true? Why couldn't you make up your mind?
我不知道 迪克 我就是没法回答他 就这样
I don't know, Dick. I just couldn't give him an answer. That's all.
我来告诉你为什么
I'll tell you why.
因为你对我有感觉 就像我对你有感觉一样
Because you feel about me just as I feel about you.
并不是 -是这样的 一直是这样
That's not true. - It is true. It's always been true.
你对我有什么感觉?
How do you feel about me?
你什么意思 迪克? -给你披肩 伊芙琳
What do you mean, Dick? - Here is your wrap, Evelyn.
我们一起去湖边营地那边走走怎么样?
How about us all walking down to the camp fire by the lake?
不 我不去了
No. Count me out.
他怎么了?
What's the matter with him?
我不知道
I don't know.
我得问清楚
I have to find out.
原谅我先走一步 诺曼
Will you excuse me please, Norman?
好的
Sure.
迪克
Dick?
迪克
Dick?
我想跟你聊聊
I want to talk to you a minute.
好的 来吧 怎么了?
Alright. Go ahead. What is it?
你刚刚说的话是什么意思
What did you mean just now when you said:
我对你有感觉 就像你对我有感觉一样
I feel the same way about you as you do about me."
你很清楚我的意思
You know perfectly well what I meant.
我爱你
I love you.
你真不该说这句话
You shouldn't have said that.
即使是真的
Even if it is true.
为什么我不该说?
Why shouldn't I have said it?
我以前一直在对自己、对别人假装
I am past pretending either to myself or to anybody else.
那么凯瑟琳说对了
Kathryn was right then.
是的 凯瑟琳是对的
Yes. Kathryn was right.
你告诉她你爱上我了吗?
Did you tell her you were in love with me?
没有 但她似乎有所察觉
No, but she seemed to sense it in some way.
我也察觉到了
I sensed it too.
让我有时感觉不太自在
It made me very uncomfortable at times.
情况变得不妙 所以我离开了
The situation became impossible. That's really why I went away.
现在呢?
And now?
仍旧不妙 迪克
It's still impossible, Dick.
为什么?
Why?
为什么不妙?
Why is it impossible?
因为我们不知道她发生了什么
Because we don't know what's happened to her.
我们不知道她是死是活
we don't know whether if she's dead or alive.
我不是说她 我是说我们 你觉得我们怎么样
I'm not talking about her. I'm talking about us. How do you feel about us?
咱们两个不可能 迪克 她永远会在我们中间
But it could never be, Dick. She'd always be there between us.
那么你确实喜欢我? -我没这么说
Then you do love me? - I didn't say that.
你就是这意思 不是吗?你爱我但不敢面对
It's what you meant, isn't it? You love me but haven't the courage to face it.
迪克 我不爱你 -那你为什么回来?
No Dick, I don't love you. - So why did you come back?
你什么意思? -就是我说的
What do you mean? - Exactly what I said.
为什么听说卡瑟琳失踪 你就回来了?
Why did you return when you heard Kathryn was gone?
因为我担心她 我来看看我能做点什么
Because I worry for her. I had to come in case I could do anything.
你回来是想陪着我 -是的 但是
You came as you wanted to be with me. - Yes, but..
凯瑟琳不在 你就能和我独处了
Kathryn was gone so you could be alone with me.
但是你把我叫来的
But you sent for me.Dick
为什么你今晚来找我?为什么你现在在这儿?
Why did you come tonight? Why are you here now?
我想弄明白你刚刚什么意思
I wanted to know what you meant downstairs.
你很清楚我的意思
You know perfectly well what I meant downstairs.
没什么难懂的
There wasn't anything particularly subtle about it.
如果你觉得我说话难懂 你可以跟霍尔斯沃思一起走
If you'd not wanted to hear more you'd have gone with Holsworth.
但我想把话说明白 我必须跟你谈谈
But I wanted to have it out in the open. I had to discuss it with you.
好吧 我们在谈了
Alright. We are discussing it.
如果凯瑟琳现在回来了你会怎么办?
What would you do if Kathryn came back now?
我不知道
I don't know.
你看 你还敢扯罗密欧与朱丽叶
You see.You'd prattle along about Romeo and Juliet..
那些为爱而死的故事主人公 而你自己却避之不及
And all those romantic story characters who died for the love you run away from.
但我对你没感觉 -你有 -不
But I don't feel that way about you. - But you do. - No.
所以你回来了 所以你无法接受教授的求婚
That's why you came back. That's why you couldn't answer that professor of yours.
所以你现在在这里 你只是没勇气说出口
That's why you sit here now. You just haven't the courage to say it.
迪克 别说了!
Dick, stop it!
擦擦眼泪
电影精选列表