Is not the only thing that the younger professors pursue.
你到底是哪种医生呢?
Just what kind of a doctor are you anyway?
我知道是和大脑有关的 是哪种呢?
I know you mess around with the brain, but how?
我可不是在脑袋上用锤子锯子钻洞、开孔的
Well I don't do trepanning or any such vulgar hammering or sawing of the skull.
我研究的是思维和梦境 是手术解决不了的
I deal with thoughts and dreams which no amount of surgery can handle.
有时候一个念头会成为一种恶疾
You see, sometimes a thought can be like a malignant disease..
会腐蚀掉人的心智
That starts to eat away at the will power.
当有这种情况 我就会负责清理掉这个坏念头
When that happens, it's my business to remove the thought.
趁还没产生破坏之前
Before it can cause destruction.
这理论很不错 医生 但我...
That's a very pretty theory doctor but I..
我还是不太懂 你是如何清理一个人脑子里的想法
I don't quite see how you can take a thought out of a man's head.
对我来说 它们好像无处不在
It seems to me if it's there it's there,
而又无计可施
and there's nothing to be done about it.
又开始实用主义了 迪克
Good old practical Dick.
工程师的人生太简单了
Life is so simple for engineers.
一切问题都能用尺子解决
All problems solved with a slide-rule and a T-square.
那么 你们这些杰出的精神学家觉得
Well what do you eminent psychoanalysts think
是什么会引发这些坏念头呢 医生?
causes these thoughts, doctor?
很多东西都有可能
Any number of things.
但我觉得 爱和它带来的挫败感是最大的诱因
But I should say love and its frustrations is the worst .
汉密尔顿医生是属于弗洛伊德心理学派的
You see Dr Hamilton belongs to the Freudian school of psychology.
这个学派认为 爱比金钱更能成为罪恶的根源
It believes that love rather than money is the root of all evil.
根本不是这样
Why, it's nothing of the kind.
不好意思 汉密尔顿医生
I beg your pardon, Dr Hamilton.
但是爱并不总是带来不幸和困扰
But love doesn't always cause unhappiness and trouble.
这只是几世纪以来男人们臆想
It's man's inspiration for centuries.
只是基于那些作家写出的好故事
it's been the basis of some of the greatest stories ever written.
像《罗密欧与朱丽叶》《安东尼与克莉奥佩特拉》
Look at Romeo and Juliet. Anthony and Cleopatra.
《爱洛漪丝和阿贝拉》
Abelard and Heloise
是啊 但是看他们的遭遇
Yes, but look what happened to them.
迪克 这不公平
Dick, that's not fair.
你懂我的意思
You know what I mean.
发生了什么并不重要 只要他们....
It doesn't matter what happens to people as long as they..
只要他们有活下去的意义
Have something to live for.
但他们没能为爱活下去 他们死了
But they didn't live for it. They died for it.
伊芙琳 亲爱的
Evelyn, darling.
也许你应该到结婚再讨论这个话题
Perhaps you'd better leave the entire subject alone until you're married.
哎呀 我真希望自己能把观点表达得更好
Dear, I wish I could express myself better.
我觉得你已经表述得极好了
I think you expressed yourself remarkably well.
小心点 凯西 别滑倒
Be careful, Kathy. It's slippery.
再次感谢你这个晚上 医生
Thank you again for a wonderful evening, doctor.
再见
Goodbye.
小心点开车 迪克
Do drive carefully, Dick.
我开得很小心了
I am driving carefully.
我觉得霍尔斯沃思教授很优秀 你觉得呢亲爱的?
I think that young Professor Holsworth is awfully nice, don't you dear?
我觉得等他长大就更好了
I guess he'll be alright when he grows up.
你瞧瞧你 你以为你180岁了
To hear you talk, you'd think you were a hundred and 80.
其实他和你年纪相当
As a matter of fact he's just about your own age.
毕竟 他在大学有一份稳定的工作
After all, he has a good steady job at the college.
听着 在我自己决定之前别急着把我嫁出去
Now listen here, don't start marrying me off before I've made up my mind.
我结婚时 希望能像你和迪克一样坚定
When I marry, I want it to be something solid like you and Dick.
你感觉脸红吗 迪克?
Are your ears burning, Dick?
是的
Positively.
对了 伊芙琳 我今天收到了妈妈的信
By the way Evelyn, I got a letter from mother today.
她好像很寂寞 我觉得你应该回家一趟
I gathered she was lonely and felt it was time you came home.
她没有确切地提到你 但是...
She didn't say so in exactly so many words mind you but..
但你感觉她想让伊芙琳回去
But you felt she wanted Evelyn to come home.
是的
Yes.
真有意思 她信里没写让我回去
That's funny. She didn't write me about it.
大概是她知道你在这很开心
She probably knew you were having a good time
不想打扰你的兴致
and didn't want to spoil your fun.
可能我是该回去 虽然我不想
I suppose I should go back, much as I hate to.
或许我可以预约下周的飞机
Perhaps I could make plane reservations sometime next week.
小心!
Look out!
有时候一个念头会成为一种恶疾
"Sometimes a thought can be like a malignant disease."
会腐蚀掉人的心智
"And start to eat away the willpower."
我猜你想让我退出?
"I suppose you would like me to step out of the picture?"
我绝不会如你所愿
"Well, I'll never do that."
绝不!
"Never!"
绝不!
"Never."
绝不!
"Never."
绝不!
"Never."
爱是几世纪以来男人们臆想
"Love has been man's inspiration for centuries."
你知道吗 迪克 真是笑死人
"You know Dick, it's really rather funny."
我希望伊芙琳永远不会知道
"I hope Evelyn never finds out."
否则她也会嘲笑你
"She'd laugh at you, too."
婚姻是件棘手的事
"Marriage is a very tricky business."
他没事了 医生
He's alright now, doctor.
老兄 你受惊了
Well old man, you had quite a jolt, didn't you.
感觉怎么样?
How do you feel?
不错
Great.
只是骨折了而已 我们会尽快让你好起来
It's only a broken leg. We'll have you up around again in no time.
伊芙琳怎么样了?
How is Evelyn?
她没事 只是有点擦伤
She's alright. Just a few scratches.
凯瑟琳呢?
And Kathryn?
她毫发无损地逃出来了
She escaped without a mark.
请进 医生 -谢谢
Come in, doctor. - Thank you.
哎呀 我们的病人今天怎么样? -你好 医生
Well, well. How is the patient today? - How are you, doctor?
很好 谢谢
I'm fine, thanks.
你知道 医生可病不起
Doctors can't afford to be sick you know.
有钱人才生得起病
Only rich people.
来吧
Well. Now then.
我们来看看恢复得怎么样
Let's see how we're coming along.
有感觉吗?
Feel that?
我什么也感觉不到
No. I can't feel a thing.
站起来感受下
Well, try your weight on it.
小心
Careful now.
慢点
Take it easy.
好久没动了
It's just out of use.
感觉如何?
How does it feel?
呃 我
Well I..
一点感觉也没有 就像是别人的腿
I can't feel anything. It's just like it belongs to somebody else.
好吧 别担心 迪克
Well, don't worry Dick.
X光片显示骨折已经痊愈了
The X-Rays show the fracture to be completely healed.
如果你严格执行我告诉你的那些锻炼
If you just keep on religiously with those exercises I showed you.
你会比预期更快能走路
You'll be walking again sooner than you think.
我也一直这么跟他讲的 医生
That's what I keep telling him, doctor.
但是五周以来他都像只老狗熊一样
But for the past five weeks he's been rumbling
在房♥子周围转悠
around the house like an old bear.
你能大概说一下我这样要持续多久吗
Can you give me any idea just how long that will be?
不能 现在你的问题在心理上 不在身体上
No. The trouble is mental now. Not physical.
那么...
Then..
无论哪个医生也不能从X光片
Neither you nor any other doctor can tell from that X-Ray..
判断出我什么时候能起来走路 是吧?
Just when I'll be able to walk again, huh?
很不幸 影像拍不出神经系统
Unfortunately, we can't photograph the nervous system.
你现在的症状完全是精神衰弱
Your present condition is entirely neurasthenic.
我们叫“神经性失语症” 在器质上看不出
Neural Aphasia we call it, and that doesn't show on plates.
好吧 我总得做点什么吧
Well, there must be something I can do.
整天在轮椅上窝在家 会把一个人逼疯的
Just sitting around the house all day in a wheelchair can drive a man crazy.
你可以试试在温水里游泳
Well, you might try swimming in warm water.
对一些类似的病例有过奇效
That's worked miracles in similar cases.
可以放松肌肉
It relaxes the muscles.
你怎么不早点说 医生?这个主意不错
Why didn't you say that, Doc? That's a great idea.
凯西 不如我们把这奇异轮椅带上车
Kathy, why don't we put this contraption in the car..
去泉山呆一周呢
And go to Mountain Springs for a week?
好吧...-这主意很妙
Well.. - That's a splendid idea.
只要你别用力过猛
So long as you don't over-exert yourself.
没可能
Fat chance.
我会写一封给医师的信交给你人 让他照看你
I'll give you a letter to the house physician and tell him to look out for you.
对了 怎么没有伊芙琳的消息
By the way, what do we hear from Evelyn?
是啊 伊芙琳怎么样了 凯西?
电影精选列表