亲爱的凯瑟琳和理查德
你们要在我家庆祝五周年结婚纪念日了
热切期盼周五晚上与你们俩 还有伊芙琳的相见
此致
马克
迪克 讲真
Really Dick
搞不懂为什么你就不能准时回家一次
I don't know why you couldn't make an effort to get home on time for once.
女佣休息了 菲利普下乡去买♥♥羊肉了
With the maid's day off and Philips gone down to the village for the mutton.
太难了
It makes it very difficult.
羊肉?他去买♥♥羊肉干什么?我们明明要出去吃饭
Mutton? What's he getting mutton for? We're going out to dinner.
我们明天吃
We're having mutton tomorrow.
我不爱吃羊肉
I don't like mutton.
不明白你为什么说这种蠢话
I don't know why you say such a silly thing.
你都吃过八百次了
You've ate it a thousand times.
我说过八百次我不爱吃
A thousand times I've said I don't like it.
胡说八道 全都是你的幻觉
Nonsense. It's all your imaginations.
如果你用心去吃 你会觉得什么东西都好吃
You can eat anything if you put your mind to it.
我吃东西不用心 用胃
I don't eat with my mind. I eat with my stomach.
你觉得你很幽默吗 -那倒没有
Was that supposed to be funny? - It is not.
我天啊 你在找什么? -我那束绿色的头花
For Pete's sake what you looking for? - That bunch of green roses for my hair.
昨天还在这呢 -我可没拿啊
It was here only yesterday. - I didn't take it.
我没说你拿了啊.哦 在那呢
I didn't say you did. Oh, there it is.
你觉得怎么样?
How do you like it?
不怎么好看 太大了
Not much. It's too big.
你就这审美 多时尚啊
That's all you know. It's very fashionable.
哦 迪克 麻烦你把东西收拾一下吧
Really Dick, you might put your things away.
瞧瞧那床上
Just look at that bed.
我都跟你说过 -八百遍了
If I've told you once I've told you.. - A thousand times.
但你还坚持这样
Yet you insist on doing it.
凯瑟琳 我没有坚持做什么
Listen, Kathryn. I don't insist on anything.
不知道你最近是怎么了?
I don'tknow what's up with you lately?
无论我做什么、说什么你都觉得是错的
You find fault with everything I do and everything I say.
你怎么了?
What's the matter with you?
别在这跟我装无辜 你很清楚是怎么回事
Don't stand there and play innocent with me. You know exactly what the matter is.
你说什么呢?
What are you talking about?
你荒唐地迷恋上了伊芙琳
Your ridiculous infatuation for Evelyn.
哦
Oh.
你还以为我不知道了?
You thought I didn't know, didn't you.
你以为我瞎呢
You must think I'm blind.
你看她的眼神 还有和她聊天的用词都令人作呕
The way you look at her and hang on her every word is positively nauseating.
我估计你会否认吧
I suppose you're going to deny it?
为什么不回答我
Why don't you answer me?
你爱上她了 对吧?
You're in love with her, aren't you.
我就知道
I thought so.
好吧 那你打算怎么办?
Well, what are you going to do about it?
我不打算怎么办
I'm not going to do anything about it.
我对她什么也没说 什么也没做
I haven't said anything to her and I don't intend to.
我跟你结婚时 你妹妹还是个小孩
When I married you your sister was just a kid.
现在她长大了 我碰巧发现自己喜欢了上她
Now she's grown up, and I happen to find myself in love with her.
这是一件我无法控制的事
Just one of those things that can't be helped.
我猜你想让我退出?
I suppose you'd like me to step out of the picture?
我绝不会如你所愿
Well, I'll never do that.
我知道
I know that.
你想尽办法离开我也是徒劳 她不会嫁给你的
And it's no use you trying to leave me because she'd never marry you anyway.
她太忠诚了
She's too loyal.
这我也知道
I know that too.
你知道吗 迪克 真是笑死人
You know Dick, it's really rather funny.
你们这些人啊 心血来潮的青春浪漫
This sudden burst of youthful romance.And in you of all people.
如果我是你 我就不会告诉伊芙琳
I wouldn't tell Evelyn if I were you.
恐怕她也会嘲笑你
I'm afraid she'd laugh at you too.
这番话真希望不是你说出口的
I wish you hadn't said that.
我不去派对了
I'm not going to the party.
你得去 这是我们五周年结婚纪念日 你肯定不能缺席
Yes you are. It's our fifth anniversary. You wouldn't miss it for anything.
你得去 我也得去 就像其他千千万万夫妻一样
You'll go and I'll go like thousands of others go.
然后嘲笑其他人
And laugh at the rest of them.
谁? -伊芙琳
Who is it? - Evelyn.
进来
Come in.
你们准备好了吗?
Are you ready yet?
我们准备好了吗 凯瑟琳?
Are we, Kathryn?
当然了
Certainly.
如果你俩再不快点
If you two don't hurry..
就要赶不上你们的银婚纪念日了
You're going to be late for your silver wedding anniversary.
等一下 凯瑟琳
Just a moment, Kathryn.
我有东西要送给你 -你想干什么?
I've got something for you. - What are you up to now?
你猜猜
Can't you guess?
别不耐烦 亲爱的
Don't be impatient, my dear.
一切都来得及 -摘个好的 马克
All in good time. - Pick a good one, Mark.
给你
Here you are.
好漂亮的玫瑰
What a beautiful rose.
是不是 亲爱的 -是啊
Isn't it, darling? - Yes, it is.
这是你种的? -对 长得不错吧?
Is it one you developed? - Yes. It did turn out well, didn't it.
你给它取个什么名字? -我叫它“珍妮·贝尔”
What do you call it? - I call it the "Jenny Bell".
让人疑惑的浪漫啊 医生
That's suspiciously romantic, doctor.
珍妮·贝尔到底是谁呢?
Just who is Jenny Bell?
这是我犯过最严重的错误的名字
The subject of the greatest mistake I ever made.
听上去很严重啊 说说真♥相♥吧
That sounds serious, doctor. Come clean.
别草率下结论啊 这是我的过错
Don't jump to conclusions. The mistake was mine.
错在没有向一个美丽的女子求婚
In not asking a very beautiful young lady to marry me.
当年我还是个小年轻 刚修完硕士学位
I was a much younger man. I had just received my Masters.
正要在大学开始教课
About to start teaching my first class at university.
和这里年轻的霍尔斯沃思教授一样的年纪和职位
Picture me at the same age and position as young Professor Holsworth here.
就像所有刚拿到硕士学位的年轻心理学家一样
Like all young psychologists with brand new Masters degrees.
我什么都知道
I knew everything there was to know.
但就是不知道要结婚
But I didn't know enough to get married.
女士们先生们 敬这个晚上
And now ladies and gentlemen to the business of the evening.
祝这对夫妻幸福
A toast to the happiest of couples.
五周年纪念日快乐
On their fifth anniversary.
凯瑟琳和理查德
Kathryn and Richard.
敬世上最好的姐姐
To the sweetest sister a girl ever had.
谢谢 伊芙琳
Thank you, Evelyn.
迪克 我只希望能找到像你一样优秀的丈夫
And Dick, I only hope that someday I'll find a husband as good as you.
祝贺你了 老兄
Congratulations old man.
你真是有福之人
You're one of the lucky ones.
不敢相信都五年了
I can't believe it's been five years.
你肯定 觉得我们过不到这么久
I assure you it doesn't seem that long. - Listen.
我们最爱的曲子
Our favorite tune.
汉密尔顿医生为我们安排这场聚会真是太棒了
Isn't it sweet of Dr Hamilton to have arranged all this for us.
确实是 -感激不尽 医生
It certainly is. - I can't thank you enough, doctor.
虽然我自己没结过婚
Never haven't been married myself,
但心中总为那些实现的人留有一处温暖之地
I've always had a warm spot in my heart for those that achieve it.
实现? -没错
Achieve it? - Certainly.
作为心理学家 我敢和你说
As a psychologist, I assure you
一个幸福的婚姻 确实是一个少有人实现的成就
a happy marriage is indeed a rare achievement.
是不是有点太悲观了?
Isn't that rather cynical?
好吧 可能是有点
Well, perhaps it is.
但是你知道 婚姻是件棘手的事
But you see, marriage is a very tricky business.
这样说吧 人们都有一种冲动、欲望、驱动
People have impulses, compulsions. Drives, let us say.
想要解脱 解脱孤独 人们寻求这种解脱
Towards escape. Escape from loneliness. They seek that escape.
在另一个人的陪伴下
In the companionship of someone else.
但是 当他们觉得自己终于成功解脱时
Though, just when they think they've achieved it..
他们才发现给自己戴上了手铐
They find they've put on their own handcuffs.
医生 话虽如此 你还是个善良的好心人
In spite of what you say doctor, you're a very kind-hearted man.
你有话要说吗 霍尔斯沃思教授?
What do you say to that, Professor Holsworth?
哦 你把焦点转到我这儿来了 医生
Oh, now you've got me on the spot, doctor.
霍尔斯沃思教授说
Professor Holsworth says..
他最崇拜我的一点 就是我对纯科学的追求
That the thing that he admires about me is that in the pursuit of pure science.
我学会了把心关在笼子里
I've learned to put my heart in a cage.
你的心也在笼子里吗?霍尔斯沃思教授
And is your heart in a cage, Professor Holsworth?
我时不时地给它喂点食
I give it a little birdseed every now and again.
那你真是意志坚定 但我不太相信
That's very strong-minded of you but I'm not quite convinced.
我也不信 我不得不说 特纳小姐
Neither am I. I regret to say Miss Turner,
纯科学理论
that pure science.
并不是年轻教授们的唯一追求
电影精选列表