I'm sorry for last night.
-我不该那样对你 -不 是我让你不自在了
- I shouldn't have done that to you. - No. I made you uncomfortable.
不 你没有
No, you didn't.
那我们应该告诉查理这个好消息
Okay, then. We should go tell Charlie the good news.
查理
Charlie?
他现在已经在上课了
He'd be mid-lecture by now.
好吧 那我们就冲进去
Okay. So we'll crash it.
我不想在学校里被看到
I don't really wanna be seen on campus.
这样冲进去
Hence crashing.
如果你只从手♥机♥上
If you'll only look up from your
所有的信息中
phones to glean one piece of information
查找一条信息 就这样假设
from me all semester, let it be this.
数据
Data.
数据是我们的一切 对吗
Data is everything to us. Yes?
没有数据我们就不明白我们在找什么
Without data we wouldn't understand what we're looking at.
但如果你和我一样整天盯着图表看
But if you're like me and staring at
对你来说不是什么乐趣
graphs all day is not a lot of fun to you,
那么 我们是有办法让它变得有趣的
well, there's a way to make it fun.
声化处理是把数据转换成声音的过程
Sonification is the process of converting data into sound.
我们现在所听到的
What we're listening to right now
是来自土星环的振动
are vibrations from Saturn's rings.
思考你到底听到的是什么
Consider what you're actually listening to.
很迷糊 对吗
Pretty trippy, right?
调高下音量
Let's switch it up. Hmm.
听数据对于检测模式非常有用
Listening to data is very useful for detecting patterns.
仔细想想 基本上你收音机里的每一首歌♥
If you think about it, basically every song on your radios,
你的流媒体设备
on your streaming devices
都可以被分解为数据
can be broken down into data.
现在 我把这首音轨的MP3放在了E级上
Now, I've put the MP3 of this sonified track on e-class.
我想让你们做的事
What I want you to do
是回家把声化的过程颠倒过来
is go home and reverse the sonification process.
将声音转换回数据
Convert the sound back into data.
就这样 下课了小崽子们
That's it. Get the hell outta here.
所以你认为大学生就是这样穿的
So this is how you think college students dress?
你现在看起来就像一个马上要
You look like you're about to drop
发一张讨人烦的专辑的艺术家
a really, really obnoxious mix tape.
TESS的瑞克曼博士
Hey, Dr. Rickman from TESS is
下个月要来讲课
coming to give a lecture next month.
你们也可以像这样偷偷地溜进来
You guys should sneak into that as well.
最好穿得和现在一样
I recommend dressing exactly like this.
我们可能需要早点和他谈谈
We may need to talk to him a little sooner.
什么意思
What are you talking about?
我们找到我们的那颗星了
We found our planet.
-真的吗 -是的
- Seriously? - Yeah.
你现在不是在逗我吧 等一下
Are you kidding me right now? Hang on a second.
你好 现在
Hello. Now?
就是 现在的现在吗
Like right now?
好好 我现在就来 现在就来
Yeah. Yeah, okay. I'm coming. I'm coming.
我要有孩子了
I'm having a baby.
你好 我的妻子在这儿生孩子
Hi, my wife is having a baby. Our baby.
她叫玛雅·杜兰特 王马 牙隹
Uh, it's Maya Durant. M-a-y-a.
请您告诉我她在哪一层 谢谢
Just love to know what floor she's on, please.
伊萨克
Isaac.
你就要当爸爸啦
You're gonna be a father.
他没有呼吸
He's not breathing.
我找不到他的心跳
I don't have a heartbeat.
伊萨克
Isaac.
他没有呼吸
He's not breathing.
给她点空间 把注意力集中在我这就行
Just give her some space. Just focus on me.
还是没有心跳
Still no heartbeat.
不
No!
非常抱歉
I'm so sorry.
伊萨克
Isaac?
你在想什么
What are you thinking about?
都是运气而已
That it's all just luck.
所有的这一切
All this.
包括我们
Us.
全部都只是宇宙无意间的产物罢了
It's just this total cosmic accident.
哪怕是一次微小到不能再小的变化
Just one minuscule variation,
这个世界说不定便是天翻地覆
a slight shift, one way or another,
在过去整整138亿年的时光里
and the last 13.8 billion years
一切的一切都可以有无限种可能 但是
could have gone in infinite number of ways, but...
最后还是成就了现在的我们
Here we are.
我们 是一种再生物质
Recycled matter.
是尘埃
Dust.
只有让所有的事情正确地连接在一起
So many things have to go right
才能创造出某个结果
to make anything.
一粒原子 一颗星辰 一个
An atom, a star, a...
一个小人儿
A tiny person.
他曾经是我们的孩子
He was ours.
在那不到一分钟的时间里 他曾是我们的孩子
For less than a minute, he was ours.
然后
And then...
他就不是了
He wasn't.
伊萨克
Isaac?
我很想向你解释
I wish I could tell you
为什么坏事会发生在好人身上
why bad things happen to good people.
亦或是生命为何会突然中止
Or why life just stops.
但是我也解释不了
But I can't.
我只知道 是宇宙在牵引着我们
All I know is that the universe went our way
我们来到了这世上 而他也一样
and we're here, and so was he.
他也来过这世间啊
He was here.
组成他的原子 也存在过
His atoms were here.
而且它们没有消逝 它们只是稍稍地变了变
And they're not gone. They've only changed.
我不知道在哪儿读到过
I read somewhere that
当两颗原子相互接触的时候
once two atoms come in contact with one another,
它们间可以产生磁交互作用 发生耦合
they can become linked, intertwined.
而且之后不论它们相距多遥远
And then no matter how far they're separated,
都可以感知到另外那颗原子的状态
they still know one another's state,
即刻地感知到 跨越光年
instantly, over light years.
量子纠缠
Quantum entanglement.
是的
Yeah.
你和他的羁绊一直都没有断过
You're still connected to him.
我不确定是不是那么回事
I'm not sure that's how that works.
是的 但是你可以感觉到他 不是吗
Yeah, but you feel him, don't you?
也许在某个地方 以某种方式
Maybe somewhere, somehow,
他也能感觉到你
he still feels you.
现在每个大♥陆♥的你都有一颗了
Now you've got one from every continent.
这个会是属于我们两个人的
This one will be both of ours.
那么 或许这代表着你能留下来了
Then maybe that means you can stay.
不要总是看你画的画 要去感受它
Stop looking at what you're drawing and just feel it.
-感受它 -是的
- Feel this? - Yeah.
那我们来画你咬下来的苹果吧
Let's draw the bite out of your apple.
它会掉下来的
It's gonna fall.
现在你得一直带着它直到它自己掉为止
Now you gotta wear it till it falls off.
火 那个是地球 这是空气
Uh, fire, and that's earth, and this is air.
我的牙齿咬到嘴唇了
My tooth went through my lip.
从你胳膊上拿点下来
Get something out of it.
有点像女巫
It's kind of Wonder Woman-ey.
喂 你好
Hello?
是的 是我
Yeah, that's me.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
这完全说不通啊
That doesn't make any sense.
不是的 我们所有数据都给你们了
No, we gave you all of our data. It's been...
你回去看看 喂
Go back. Take a look. Hello?
喂
Hello?
发生什么了
What's going on?
有人用TESS的数据发现了我们的星球
Somebody discovered our planet candidate using the TESS data
而且他们比我们早一个星期提交了
and they submitted it a week before us.
印度拉达克的一些人
Some guy from Ladakh, India,
将被认为发现了我们发现的这个行星
is gonna be credited with our discovery.
-而不是我们 -好吧
电影精选列表