♪ 在胸前飘舞 ♪
♪ If it rolls and flows all down her breast ♪
♪ 看她是否还留着长发 ♪
♪ Please see for me if her hair's hanging long ♪
伊萨克
Isaac?
你确定这没样没关系吗
Are you sure this is okay?
♪ 那是我最深刻的记忆 ♪
♪ That's the way I remember her best ♪
是的 不用担心
Yeah, it's fine.
看起来不错
You look nice.
♪ 我时常祈祷 ♪
♪ Many times I've often prayed ♪
伊萨克 你得去见下丽贝卡
Isaac, you need to go see Rebecca.
♪ 在我的黑夜 ♪
♪ In the darkness of my night ♪
♪ 我的白天 ♪
♪ In the brightness of my day ♪
加州理工学院
帕萨迪纳 加州
我会跟詹金斯博士说你来了
I'll let Dr. Jenkins know you're here.
需要给你拿点什么吗
Can I get you anything?
不了 谢谢
No, thanks.
伊萨克
Isaac.
嘿
Hey.
我几分钟后有个会议
I have a meeting in a few minutes.
我刚吃完午饭
I'm just finishing up my lunch.
你把姓改回詹金斯了啊
Went back to Jenkins, huh?
换了新的啊
That's new.
你不觉得那个有点矛盾吗
A little contradictory, don't you think?
在我们的领域里
In our field.
所以你从不接我的电♥话♥
So you never answer any of my phone calls and
然后突然出现在这里
then you just show up here out of nowhere?
丽贝卡 我需要你的帮助
Rebecca, I need your help.
我需要证明我发现的行星是可居住的
I need to prove that the planet I found is habitable.
我想那也是你想要的
And I'd assume you'd want that, too.
TESS刚刚被发射 接着是詹姆斯·韦伯
TESS has just launched, James Webb to follow,
越来越多地面望远镜 周而复始
ground telescopes, you're gonna be fighting for renewal.
我们一直在为更新续航奋斗
We're always fighting for renewal.
正是
Exactly.
好吧 所以你是来帮我的
Oh, okay. So you're here to help me?
伊萨克 你深陷其中了
You're obsessed, Isaac.
你以前也想要这样
You used to want this, too.
我以前想要很多东西
I used to want a lot of things.
抱歉 这
I'm sorry. This...
这真不是个好主意 我走了
This was a bad idea. I'm gonna go.
伊萨克
Isaac.
找到其他的生命形态也没法让他起死回生
Finding some other lifeforms isn't going to bring him back.
我知道
I know that.
但这是我的全部
But it's all I have.
我可以给你争取三个小时使用凯克
I can get you three hours with Keck.
我能做的就这些
It's the best I can do.
-丽贝卡 -答应我在这之后就收手
- Rebecca... - Promise me it stops after this.
为了你自己
For you.
好
Yeah.
给 我知道你没吃
Here. I know you.
已连接
没事的
It's okay.
没人会因为你什么都没找到而责怪你的
No one will blame you for not finding anything.
对不起 伊萨克
I'm sorry, Isaac.
看
Look.
我的天呐
Oh, my gosh.
时间刚刚好
It was right on time.
发光度13.5 正好适合詹姆斯·韦伯的后续观察
Mag 13.5. Just right for a James Webb follow-up.
行星的直径是
The planet's diameter is...
12800千米 听起来很熟悉吧
Twelve thousand eight hundred kilometers. Sound familiar?
每立方厘米的密度为5.4克
With a density of 5.4 grams per centimeter cubed...
绝对和地球质量相符
It's definitely an Earth mass.
是的
Yeah.
行星与恒星的距离呢
The planet's distance to the star?
0.5天文单位
0.5 astronomical units.
大约303开尔文
Which gets me to around 303K.
在宜居带内
Inside the habitable zone.
距离我们20光年
Twenty light-years away from us.
你可能刚刚发现了地球2.0
You might've just discovered Earth 2.0.
谢谢你 丽贝卡
Thank you, Rebecca.
噢 天呐
Oh, man.
好了 我得马上把这个提交给航♥天♥局
All right, I need to submit this to NASA immediately.
当然 别忘了你还欠着我一个三明治
Of course. You owe me a sandwich.
天呐 天呐
Oh, my God! Oh, my God!
我想给你看点东西
I wanna show you something.
我找到我们的那颗星星了
I found our star.
城市灯光太亮了 所以很难看到 但
It's a little hard to see with all the city light. But...
它就在那儿
It's there.
我有个主意
Got an idea.
抱歉 这个成果不太好
Sorry, the resolution's not great.
有个软件可以把TESS发现的所有恒星
There's software that's gonna virtually catalog
都编成目录
all of the stars discovered By TESS.
就像银河系的地图
I'll be like a map of the galaxy.
这只是哈勃的深场图像
This is just a Hubble deep field image.
但至少现在够用
It'll have do for now.
是啊 够用
Yeah. It'll do.
如果只是随机的 宇宙也不免太美了吧
Seems too beautiful to just be random.
正因为是随机才美
It's beautiful because it's random.
这一切背后难道不是有很多的意图吗
Doesn't it seem like there's so much intention behind all of it?
就像是谁在这张画布上 挥翰成风
Like somebody painted this... Canvas.
如果有上帝想描绘一个完美的宇宙
If some God was trying to paint a perfect universe...
那他们干得未免太差劲了
They did a pretty shitty job.
光看事情发生的方式
Just look at the way things happen.
多么愚蠢的设计
Supremely unintelligent design.
我感觉我和这一切有某种联♥系♥
Oh, I know that I feel a connection to all this.
人们用各种各样的词来形容它
And people use all different kinds of words for it,
但还有别的
but there is something else.
某些它在向我传达的东西
Something that reaches out to me.
我不知道该怎么解释
And I don't know how to explain it.
克莱拉 你感觉到的那种联♥系♥
Clara, that connection you feel
基本上只能归结为大脑中释放的化学物质
basically just boils down to a release of
比如血清素
chemicals in the brain, like serotonin.
-不止这些 -真的不会有别的了
- There's more to it than that. - There really isn't.
如果一些令人难以置信的先进物种
Look, if some incredibly advanced species out there
证实了一切都存在的超自然联♥系♥
confirmed some metaphysical connection to everything exists,
也许我会看看数据 但是现在
then maybe I'd look at the data. But for now...
这只是一个未经证实的人为概念
It's just an unproven, human-made concept.
难道你不希望除此外还有更多别的联♥系♥吗
Wouldn't you want there to be something more to all this?
你不想要那种安慰吗
Wouldn't you want that comfort?
那种确信我们会没事的安心感
That certainty of knowing that we're going to be okay?
或者想象当这一切结束的时候
Or that we don't just fade away into
我们不会就这样消失在黑暗中
the darkness when all this is over?
我想要什么并不重要
It's not about what I want.
而是我不能平白无故地去相信别的东西
I can't just choose to believe otherwise.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我一直有一种感觉
I've always had a feeling that the
宇宙仍然可以给我们惊喜
universe can still surprise us.
感觉并不能作为支撑某件事物的证据
We can't prove something based on a feeling.
你感觉到了么
Did you feel that?
证实它啊
Prove it.
等等
Wait.
对不起
I'm sorry.
你为什么不停地在动那些石头
Why do you keep moving those around?
它只是能帮我弄清楚下一步要做什么罢了
Um, it just helps me figure out what I need to get to next.
你指什么
What do you mean?
我是说 你自己说的
I mean, you said it yourself.
我们不是朋友 不是室友 是研究伙伴
We're not friends, we're not roommates, we are research partners.
我们已经有了发现 所以
And we made our discovery, so...
正是如此
Exactly.
找到候选行星只是第一步
Finding a planet candidate is just the first step.
我是说 还有很多分♥析♥要做
I mean, there's still plenty of analysis to do.
你没必要离开啊
You don't have to leave.
昨晚对不起
电影精选列表