他们的沙滩毛巾和小吃非常棒
really nice beach towels and snacks
我会和他们做朋友
and I would sort of befriend them
假装他们是我自己的家人
and pretend they were my own.
后来 有一天我们去了码头
And anyway, one day we went to the pier
当我偷偷溜走时 我遇到了一个水手
when I snuck off, I met this guy who was a sailor.
他是个留着大胡子的冰岛大个子
He was this huge Icelandic guy with this big red beard
还有那冰河般的蓝眼睛 就像你的那双一样
and these glacial blue eyes, like yours, and...
他让我帮助他的船准备航行
He let me help get his boat ready to sail.
他教给了我所有关于正确使用索具的知识
He taught me all about the proper rigging
甚至还有如何用莫尔斯密♥码♥发出信♥号♥♥
and even how to signal with morse code.
我就像一个八岁的小孩一样热爱那一切
And I loved that as an eight-year-old.
当我们最终完成了工作
And when we were done,
为了表示感谢 他给了我那块陨石
to say thank you, he gave me that.
然后他告诉我
Then he told me that not only did it
这个不仅仅来自于这个星球的另一侧
come from opposite side of the planet,
它来自天上的星星
it came from the stars.
流星不是恒星
Meteors aren't stars.
它有一个故事
It had a story.
他有一个故事
He had a story.
和生活
And a life.
从那时起 我向自己保证 长大后
And I promised myself right then and there, that when I grew up,
我将环游世界并且书写我自己的故事
I was gonna travel the world and I was gonna make my own stories.
当我完成旅行时
And when I'm done being on the move,
我会将它们扔进海里
I'll throw them in the ocean.
将它们还给地球
Give them back to the earth.
但到目前为止它们是我所拥有的一切
But for right now they're all I've got.
它们一片一片组成了我的家
They're my pieces of home.
下载中
那你是什么时候回来的
So when did you move back?
一年前
A year ago.
所有的这些真正开始
All of the bouncing around
对我造成伤害
really started to take a toll on me,
所以我觉得是时候回去了
so I decided it was time to come back.
靠售卖♥♥画作来谋生
And selling paintings to get by...
同时 我遇到了伊娃
And also, I found Eva, so we've just
所以我们就很轻松 经常一起出去玩
been taking it easy, hanging out.
所以你学会了讲西班牙语
A-ha. So you speak Spanish.
你还学会了什么其它的吗
What else you got?
【法语】
法语 太简单了
That's French. Easy.
【日语】
日语
Japanese.
【南非语】
德语吗
German?
南非语
Afrikaans.
人们装作自己很不同的样子
People pretend that we're all so different.
但事实上 每个人想要的都一样
But really, just everybody wants the same thing.
他们都想听到 谢谢你
They all want to hear "Thank you,"
他们渴望被问到他们的日子过得怎么样
they wanna be asked how their days are.
他们想听到 我爱你
They wanna hear "I love you."
听上去这里面有一个故事
Sounds like there's a story there.
可不止一个故事
More than one.
但我从来不会让事情跑得太远了
But I never really let anything get too far.
每当谈话转向婚姻和小孩时
Whenever the conversation turned to marriage and kids,
我知道是时候该离开了
I knew it was my time to go.
它们不是我生活的正确版本 明白吗
Not the right version of my life, you know?
我明白
Yeah. I do.
下载完成
不好意思
Uh, excuse me.
校园现在是关闭的 你们现在不应该
Campus is closed right now. You're not supposed to be...
克莱拉 克莱拉 快醒醒
Shit. Clara. Clara, hey, come on.
保安来了 我们晚点再找
Campus security. We'll have to find
获得数据的方法 快走
a way to get the data later. Go.
快 快 快
Go, go, go. Okay, okay.
你再试试这样愚蠢和不负责任地
Don't you ever use my name for something
用我的名字
so stupid and irresponsible again!
你知不知道你让我的职业生涯陷入了危机
Do you realize you put my career in jeopardy?
你好
Hello.
嗨
Hi.
查理 这是克莱拉 克莱拉 这是查理
Charlie, Clara. Clara, Charlie.
-很高兴见到你 查理 -我也是
- Nice to meet you, Charlie. - You too.
希望他还没有让你的生活变成地狱
Hope he hasn't made your life a living hell yet.
谢谢
Thank you.
你肯定发现了什么
You definitely got something.
地球质量吗
Is it an Earth mass?
但是
But...
但是
But?
它被恒星活动污染了
It's contaminated with stellar activity.
另外 如果你想要这个的质量以及其它有趣的东西
Plus you're gonna need a spectrum if you
你将需要频谱
want the mass and all the other fun stuff.
除非你找到具有相当影响力的人来帮忙
No one's gonna give you any telescope time now,
不然现在没有人会给你望远镜时间
unless you get someone with considerable clout to help you out.
不
No.
不
No?
我们会找到其它的选择
We'll find another option.
这儿没有其它的选择了 天才
There aren't any, genius.
抱歉 伙计 我们在聊些什么
Sorry, guys, what are we talking about?
在伊萨克的小闹剧之后
After Isaac's little stunt,
在他再一次预定望远镜时间之前
it will be a cold day in hell before
这将是一段阴冷的日子
he books telescope time again.
你需要一个良好的代表和推荐人
You need a good rep and referrals
以及诸如此类的东西
and that sort of thing.
伊萨克只是 重重地摔了一跤
And Isaac just... Splat.
将事情弄得一团糟
Took a dump all over that.
-查理 -我们有个朋友
- Charlie. - We have a friend.
伊萨克的前妻 丽贝卡
Isaac's ex-wife, Rebecca.
她是加州理工学院的特聘主席
She's is an Endowed Chair at CalTech.
她被挖走了 搬去了加州
She got poached, moved to California,
她真的超级厉害
she's kicking ass.
只要你别把她的职业生涯也毁了
As long as you don't put her career at risk too,
她可能能给你凯克望远镜的时间
she could probably get you time on the Keck telescope.
我的意思是 只要你别以寻求帮助为荣
I mean, if you're not too proud to ask for help.
明白了
Right.
伊萨克 我们去和丽贝卡谈谈吧
Isaac, let's talk to Rebecca.
谢谢你给我这些数据 查理
Thanks for the data, Charlie...
听着 如果你能和她共事
Look, if you go make things right with her,
你也可以在从现在开始的三天内
you can also catch the next transit
抓住下一次窗口期进行观测
three days from now.
查理 这些就是你不该插手的事情了
Charlie, this is the part where you stay out of it.
你只是在使你自己的事情越来越困难 混♥蛋♥
You're just making things harder for yourself, asshole.
抱歉
Sorry.
信不信由你 他是我认识的最聪明的人
Believe it or not he's the smartest guy I know.
是不是和我想的一样糟
Was it as bad as I think it was?
有过之而不及
The worst.
自然观察/NTESS探测器已经在世界各地有了新发现
你有多余的睡衣吗
Um, do you have any extra pajamas?
除了乐队T恤
Other than band T-shirts.
有 你衣柜里应该有一些
Yeah. Should be... Should be something in your closet.
一些丽贝卡没穿过的
Some stuff that Rebecca never wore.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
是的
Yeah.
好吧
Okay.
其实 我有个东西要给你
Actually, um... Here. I got you this. Something for you.
这不是原作 但这算是你家的一部分吧
It's not an original. But it's a piece of home.
♪ 如果你旅行到北国的乡村集市 ♪
♪ If you're travelin' in the north country fair ♪
♪ 凛冽的风吹过边疆 ♪
♪ Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline ♪
♪ 代我向那里的一个姑娘问好 ♪
♪ Remember me to one who lives there ♪
♪ 她曾经是我的真爱 ♪
♪ She once was a true love of mine ♪
♪ 假如下起了狂风暴雪 ♪
♪ If you go when the snowflakes storm ♪
♪ 凛冬将至 河流结冰 ♪
♪ When the rivers freeze and summer ends ♪
♪ 确认她有件暖和的外衣 ♪
♪ Please see she has a coat so warm ♪
♪ 抵御那怒吼的寒风 ♪
♪ To keep her from the howlin' winds ♪
♪ 看她是否还留着长发 ♪
♪ Please see for me if her hair hanging long ♪
电影精选列表