你在逐渐崩溃啊 伊萨克
You're falling apart, Isaac.
你想什么呢
What were you thinking?
像那样乱调望远镜
Misappropriating telescope time like that,
是不可接受的
it's not acceptable
我知道
I know.
你这个指导教授的项目该换人了
You'll be replaced on your advising professor's project.
没必要这么做 听我说 我已经
That won't be necessary. Look, I've been
靠我自己监测到了行星过境
detecting planet transits on my own time.
好吗 我从来没想过要
All right? It was never my intention
去破坏谁的项目
to sabotage anyone else's project.
现在我们一致坚持你休息一下
Right now we insist that you take a break.
昨天的讲座发生了什么 好多人投诉
What happened at yesterday's lecture? There were complaints.
没什么 只是糟糕的一天
Nothing. It was just a bad day.
糟糕的可不只这一天了
It's been more than one day.
你说得对 已经糟糕两年了
You're right. It's been about two years.
我知道你最近很艰难
I know that things have been tough,
但是我总得设个底线吧
but I have to draw the line somewhere.
利用这段休息把你那些徒劳的追求都放下
Use your break to get this wild goose chase out of your system.
我周末还是想呆在实验室
I'd still like to be in the lab on weekends...
你没在认真听
You aren't listening.
设施是给在职人员用的
Facilities are for active staff only.
三 二 一
Three, two, one...
TESS望远镜已发射
发射
...and lift off...
猎鹰九号♥火箭搭载TESS望远镜
The Falcon 9 rocket carrying the TESS telescope.
有请约翰·瑞克曼博士
Dr. John Rickman from TESS joins me.
是的 我们邀请了世界各地的
Yes. We're inviting astronomers
宇航员参与到这个项目中
from all around the world to participate in this effort.
我们的数据就是你们的数据
Our data is your data.
我相信你们任何一个人都将带来
Any one of you can lead us to what I believe
我们这个时代最好的发现
will be the greatest discovery of our time.
你看 TESS能在这革命性的任务中
You see, TESS will observe hundreds of thousands of stars
发现更多数以万计的星星
during this revolutionary mission.
这就会带来庞大的数据
And this means an enormous amount of data.
安大略大学
天文系
所以我们需要你们的协助
And we're gonna need your help
拒绝访问 请联♥系♥系统管♥理♥员♥
去分♥析♥每一个数据
to analyze every bit of it.
杰瑞米 我需要进入电脑集群
Jeremy, I need access to the cluster,
不然我就只能靠我自己的电脑和
otherwise I have only my home computer and
笔记本电脑来计算这些测试数据集了
laptop to run through these test data sets.
数据太多了 至少要花上千个小时
There's a lot. It'll take me a thousand
去完成这项工作
hours to do all of that work here...
我们希望每个人都可以为
We would like everyone involved
约翰·瑞克曼博士
TESS项目负责人
这个全球性的项目作出贡献
in this community-wide effort
去闯 去探索
to go ahead and reach out to others.
不管你是什么样子的宇航员
No matter what level of astronomer you are,
寻找研究助手
专业的 学术的 独♥立♥的
professional, academic, independent,
你都可以为这次行动出力
you can contribute to this search.
在工作中 家里 不管在哪里
From work, from home, wherever you like.
申请人应提交简历和研究意向 没有薪水 但是提供住宿和工作场地 请联♥系♥Issac 布鲁诺博士
我们都在鼓励你们 准备好
So, we're encouraging you, prepare yourself.
记好日期 兴奋起来
Mark your calanders. Get excited.
因为在接下来的几周
Because in the coming weeks,
我们就会放出第一批数据
we'll be releasing the first segment of data.
我想要提醒各位的是 这个项目
I want to remind everyone that the
会在明年詹姆斯·韦伯望远镜
search will enter its second phase
发射时进入第二阶段
when the James Webb telescope launches next year.
它比哈勃望远镜强一百倍
It is 100 times more powerful than Hubble.
它能穿透所有TESS望远镜发现的
And allows to see into the atmospheres
行星大气层去寻找生命迹象
of planets discovered by TESS for signs of life.
你没有未读信息
You have no messages.
所以我们可以在未来期待一场
So we're looking forward to a very
令人激动的行星狩猎
exciting future of planet-hunting.
TESS数据放送 还剩1天
如果在远方真的有生命
If there something else is out there,
我们在不久的将来就有能力去找到
we'll soon have the capablity to find it
没有人愿意来做免费实习生对吧
So nobody wants to be an unpaid intern huh?
总比一整天对着一群自命不凡的小屁孩好
It's better than dealing with pretentious millennials all day.
是哦 首先 你才是
Okay. First of all, you're the
我认识的人里面最自命不凡的那个
most pretentious person that I know.
谬赞了
Thank you.
其次 你得教大家关于外太空的知识啊
Second, you get to teach people about space.
我是说 还有比那更重要的吗
I mean, what's bigger than that?
基本上这就是最重要的事了吧
Literally that's the biggest thing there is.
是啊 我们需要做的就是传道授业而已
Yeah, but all we get to do is teach it.
在这十分有限的时间里
And in this small, tiny amount of time
他们给了我们做原创研究的机会
they give us for original research...
我们应该怎么办呢
What are we supposed to do with that?
这点时间根本不够进行任何重要发现
That's not enough time to make any significant discovery.
谁说我们必须这么做了
Who said we have to?
没人
No one.
难道你不想吗
But don't you want to?
还行吧
I'm good.
查理 在我们工作的领域里
Charlie, we work in a field where we can
我们有机会拓展一切认知的边界
push the boundaries of everything we know.
抱歉 我只是觉得我们单在教室里
Sorry, I just don't feel like we can do that
是做不到这些的
from a classroom.
没想到你居然是这样看待
Wow. That's an incredibly way to talk
我所热爱的这项事业
about the thing that I love doing.
别这样 查理 我不是那个意思
Come on, Charlie, that's not what I meant.
是啊 扎心了
Sure, got a big shot over here.
你知道我不是这意思
You know that's not what I meant.
得了吧 查理
Come on, Charlie.
我们俩都知道
You and I both know
宇宙中是有其他存在的
that there's something out there.
不能止步不前
Can't just stop looking.
好吧
Okay.
另外 假如没人做这些探索发现的事
And besides, if someone doesn't do this kind of work
你就没东西可教了
then you have nothing to teach.
天哪
Jeez.
看吧 你就是自命不凡
See? Pretentious.
嘿 你要 要我送你吗
Ooh. Hey, you wanna... You wanna ride?
不 不用 我自己走回去
No. No, I'm good. I'll walk.
你确定 我的车就在那儿
You sure? My car's right over there.
嘿 不知道你有没有兴趣
Hey listen, um, you wouldn't have any interest in
帮我处理数据 有吗
helping me out with my data, would you?
就像以前那样
It'd be like old times.
本科生做实验那会儿
Undergrad labs.
你知道 我快要有孩子了
You know, just with the baby coming.
实在没有时间 抱歉
There's not gonna be a lot of time. I'm sorry.
不 不用
No. Don't be.
总之 谢谢你请我喝酒
Anyway, uh, thanks for the drink.
没事 你确定一个人没问题吗
Yeah. Hey, are you sure you're okay?
当然
Yeah.
没事的
I will be.
再见
See you around.
咱们应该多聚聚
Hey, we should do this more often, huh?
时不时地给我打个电♥话♥呗
Call me back once in a while.
布鲁诺博士
Dr. Bruno.
别动
Stay. Stay.
你怎么知道我住这儿
How'd you know I live here?
我 对了
Uh, oh. I, um...
我想应聘这个研究助手的职位
I was hoping to apply for the researcher position.
你叫什么名字
What's your name?
克莱拉.
克莱拉
好吧
All right.
很晚了
It's late.
是的 抱歉 如果您方便的话
Right. I'm sorry. I will come back tomorrow
我可以明天再来
if that would be better for you.
不过 这是伊娃
电影精选列表