我们会做得很好
We're gonna do great.
我知道 我已经说了一千次了 但我真的很抱歉
I know I've said it a thousand times, but I really am sorry.
-没事了 妈妈 -不 不是的
- It's fine, Mom. - No, it's not.
茱莉亚揭了我的底 然后我把它搞的更糟了
I let Julia get under my tits, and then I made it worse.
如果我闭上我那张滑稽的嘴
If I had just kept my hilarious mouth shut,
你就有资格参加国家赛了
you would've already qualified for State.
可能我那天就是输了
Or maybe I just lost that day.
你在跟我开玩笑吗?你看到那些孩子有多笨吗?
Are you kidding me? Did you see how stupid some of those kids were?
有才华
Talented.
他们有自己的过人之处
In their own way.
哇 下手轻点 他们要认不出你来了
Whoa! Take it easy with that stuff. They won't even recognize you.
听着 我只是 我很慌乱 好吗?
Look, I'm just... I'm flustered, okay?
我们没有感觉
We have no chemistry.
我们在策略上有分歧 我们习惯相反 我只是
We disagree in strategy, we have opposite routines and I just...
我不知道到底怎么办
I don't know how it's gonna work!
我只是想告诉你我和县州的
I just wanted to tell you that I spoke to the debate leadership
辩论领导谈过了
on the county and state levels
关于艾米的冲动以及那场不幸的争吵
about Amy's primal impulses and that unfortunate altercation.
他们向我保证 当然我才是正确的
And they assured me that I was in the right, of course,
并且会公平地审判你
and that you would be judged fairly.
-那又怎样 -不用
- Whatever. - Well... No.
这是个好消息 班尼特
This is good news, Bennett.
今天你将有资格参加国家锦标赛
You are going to qualify for the state tournament today
你会赢得国家锦标赛
and you are going to win the state tournament.
秋天你就可以去耶鲁了
And you will go to Yale in the fall.
但是首先 我必须参加辩论比赛
But first, I have to compete in the debate tournament
跟一个我恨了半辈子的新搭档
with a brand new partner whom I've hated my entire life.
我们都知道谁才是这个团队的C位
We all know who's carrying this team.
再见 妈妈
Goodbye, Mom.
-不好意思 -你…?
- Excuse me. - Would you...?
我们反对大学教育的成本高于收益
We negate that the cost of college education is outweighed by benefits.
我们肯赞成大学教育的成本高于收益
We affirm the costs of a college education are outweighed by the benefits.
这是合适的高度
That's the right height.
看一下高度差
Look at the difference of the height.
表明大学毕业生有可能拿到更高的薪水
...indicates college graduates are more likely to earn higher salaries
以更高的税率缴纳更高的税
pay more taxes, taxed at a higher rate...
-这是我们的领域 -把它从我的领域拿出来
- This is our area. - Get it out of my area.
我们是一个团队 这是我们的领域
We're on a team. This is our area.
如果没有大学教育 未来的员工知识储备根本不够
Without college educations, prospective employees will be ill-equipped...
所以你必须投反对票
That's why you must vote neg.
还有人没准备好吗?
Is anyone not ready?
我们的高中不如你们
Our high school is inferior to yours.
如果我们有的话 我们会和你赌
We'd bet you money, if we had any.
我们没有花哨的研究数据库
We have no fancy research databases,
没有手提笔记本电脑
no personal laptop computers.
在他们的简历上 没有任何国家的冠军教练
No debate coaches with national championships on their résumé.
不 我们的辩论教练周末在西尔斯工作
No, our debate coach works at Sears on the weekends
因为他需要钱
because he needs the money.
所以在计时器开始的时候
So the moment that timer starts,
我们已经落后了10步 不得不迎头赶上
we're already ten steps behind and are forced to play catch-up.
好吧 我们不用担心她们
Well, we don't have to worry about them.
什么?为什么不?
What? Why not?
她们很优秀 真的很优秀
They're good, really good.
这种方法很少能赢 用感受代替事实不是辩论
This approach rarely wins. Replacing feelings for facts is not debate.
法官们会看穿它的
The judges will see through it.
-你辩论跟她们过吗? -你有吗?
- Have you ever debated against it? - Have you?
简妮亚桑托斯 想听她的故事吗?
Jania Santos. Want to hear her story?
她是高中班上的第一名
She was top of her high school class.
去了东海岸的一所高级文科学院
Went to a fancy liberal arts school on the East Coast
并以欧洲历史上学士学位毕业
and graduated with a BA in European History.
猜猜她现在在做什么?
And guess what she's doing now?
西尔斯
Sears.
她和我们的辩论教练一起在西尔斯工作
She's working at Sears with our debate coach!
你知道 这些大学真正提供的是什么
You know, what are these colleges really offering
如果他们不提供工作?
if they're not offering careers?
-这是胡说 -这是胡说
- It's bullshit! - It's bullshit!
我想说的是 我们如何准备去跟以个人经历为主的队辩论?
All I'm saying is how do we prepare to debate someone's personal experiences?
没有办法预测他们会说什么
There's no way to anticipate what they'll say.
不 我们认为它与辩论主题的框架相反
No. We dismiss it as contrary to the framework of the debate topic
法官会认同他们所说的毫无意义的
and the judges will agree that what they're saying is meaningless.
你认为他们所说的毫无意义?
You think what they're saying is meaningless?
我认为事实总是会赢 你也会赢
I think that the facts will always win and you do, too.
记得我告诉你什么了吗?
See what I told you?
老实说 他们甚至不应该给获得资格者颁发奖杯
Honestly, they shouldn't even give a trophy for a qualifier.
你可以拿到奖的
You can have it.
你做到了 让自己歇会
You earned it. Give yourself a break.
-我没有时间休息 -你很紧张 不是吗?
- I don't have time for breaks. - You're nervous, aren't you?
-关于国家赛? -不 关于进哈佛大学
- About State? - No, about getting into Harvard.
今天是星期五
It's this Friday.
-你告诉他们你有资格? -是的 我有
- You told them you qualified? - Yeah, I did.
你进了四强 太棒了
You're a four-time qualifier. That's amazing!
是的 但是我要去吗?
Yeah, but am I gonna get in?
-你会做得很好 -你不知道
- You'll do great. - You don't know that.
他们很荣幸录取你
They'd be lucky to have you.
哈佛只有5%的录取率
Look, Harvard has a five percent acceptance rate.
这意味着有95%的几率我录取不上
That means that there's a 95 percent chance that I don't get in.
-也许你不一样 -也许我不是
- Maybe you're different. - Maybe I'm not.
也许我没有什么不同
Maybe I'm not any different.
也许我只是另一个在图书馆呆了太久的机器人
Maybe I'm just another robot who spends too much time in the library.
-你真的这么想吗? -我不知道 你也不知道
- Is that really what you think? - I don't know and neither do you.
好吧
Okay.
行
Fine.
你说得对
You're right.
看起来不太好 事实上 看起来很糟糕
It doesn't look good. In fact, it looks pretty shitty.
我们说的是哈佛 形势对你来说很不利
We're talking about Harvard, so the odds are clearly stacked against you
而且你很有可能会被拒绝
and it's more than likely you'll be rejected.
这样更好吗?
Is that better?
朗娜 我不知道你会去哪
Lona, I don't have a clue where you're gonna end up.
一年内不会
Not in a year.
十年内也不会
Not ten years from now.
我们不知道会发生什么 没人知道
We don't know what's gonna happen. Nobody does.
不管你去哪里 你能答应我吗?
No matter where you go, will you promise me something?
什么?
What?
你不会喜欢听的
You're not gonna like it.
实际上 许多非常成功的人会完全不赞成我的观点
In fact, many extremely successful people will completely disagree with me.
我不知道 我甚至不知道怎么说 也许我会
I don't know. I hesitate to even bring it up. Maybe I'll just...
你打算怎么说?
Where are you going with this?
当我刚开始在这里工作的时候
When I started working here,
那堵墙是空的
that wall was empty.
那个书架是空的
That bookcase was empty.
然后像你这样的孩子离开了
And then kids like you left.
他们进入了他们梦寐以求的学校 或者他们没有
And they got into their dream school, or they didn't.
但是所有的人都继续做一些事情
But all of them went on to do stuff.
做东西
Make stuff.
所以他们给我寄东西
And so they sent me stuff.
我不了解 但我觉得那是一种生活
And I'm not sure but I think that's a life.
无论你去哪里 孩子
Wherever you end up, kiddo,
过得开心
have fun.
可以了 可以了
Now. Now.
好的 我们来输入我的密♥码♥
Okay, let's type in my password.
好了 我们开始吧
Okay, here we go.
不管发生什么事 我都爱你 我为你感到骄傲
No matter what happens, I love you and I'm so proud of you.
你父亲也是
Your father would be, too.
好的
All right.
好了 好了
Here it is. Here it is.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我以为你已经起床了
I thought you were already up.
他是他班上的毕业生代表
Well, he's the valedictorian of his class
一位在世的总统给他写了推荐信
and a living president wrote his letter of recommendation.
听着 我不是说你犯了一个错误
Look, I'm not saying that you made a mistake,
电影精选列表