这太糟了
That's just messed up,
对于你和我而言
both for you and me.
那么 我们要赞成什么呢?
So, what do we affirm?
我们赞成 这个过程 不
Our aff is that this process, no,
大学录取成本高于收益
this business of college admissions outweighs the benefits.
这是非常专横的
And it is so overbearing
它正在把年轻人变成机器人
that it's turning young people into robots,
迫使我们在16岁时就对我们的未来做出关键的决定
forcing us to make critical decisions about our future at the age of 16.
你在跟我开玩笑吗?
Are you kidding me?
我的意思是 想想看 我不能投票 也不能喝酒
I mean, just think about it. I can't vote or drink,
但我的整个成年生活
and yet my entire adult life
依赖于我的GPA AP课程以及社区服务吗?
is dependent upon my GPA, AP courses, and community service?
你们现在知道我们的故事了
You know our story by now.
我们的家庭缺钱
You know that our families actually need the money.
你们问我大学是否值得
You're asking me if college is worth it.
更好的问题是 “谁来帮助我?谁来帮助我们?”
The better question is, "Who is helping me? Who is helping us?"
让低收入家庭的学生完成高中学业的优先权在哪里?
Where is the priority of getting low-income students through high school?
-因为我们看不到它 -我们看不到它
- Because we don't see it. - We don't see it.
嘿 班尼特 能把笔记给我吗?
Hey, Bennett, can I have the notes, please?
谢谢
Thanks.
还有人没准备好吗?
Is anyone not ready?
班尼特和我反对了大学教育的成本
Bennett and I negate the costs of a college education
高于收益
outweigh the benefits.
我们的第一个论点是 我们的对手 在他们的陈述中
Our first contention is that our opponents, in their opening statement,
完全无视了辩题 因此 框架
have shown complete disregard for the topic, and thus, the frame...
我们辩论的框架
the framework in which we debate.
他们公然不尊重
Their blatant disrespect...
哦
Oh.
你们知道吗?
You know what?
贾斯敏和戴娜是对的
Jasmine and Dana are right.
我们是机器人
We are robots.
我想给你们讲个故事
Let me tell you a story.
上大学很糟糕
Getting into college sucks.
我不该这么说 因为我还没进去
Well, I shouldn't say that because I haven't gotten in yet.
但在过去的18年里我一直在研究 写作和辩论
But I've spent the last 18 years researching, writing, and debating
每一个论点的正反两面
both sides of every argument.
我每分钟能说400个字 我能在每轮比赛努力举出更多事实
I can speak at 400 words per minute and cram as many facts as humanly possible
在计时器响起前
into each round before that buzzer goes off.
我做了所有我认为我需要做的事 但是
I did everything I thought I needed to do, and...
发生了什么?
what happened?
结果是一封很大的拒绝信
It resulted in a big fat rejection letter.
事实高于感情 对吗?
Facts over feelings, right?
这个想法好吗?
Is that a good idea?
我很迷茫
I'm at a loss.
我的确很迷茫
I am.
因为也许有一天我会成为一名政♥治♥家或律师
Because maybe I will be a politician or a lawyer someday
这些星期六会给我提供
and these Saturdays will have provided me
一些我在其他地方无法学到的技能 但是
with some skill set that I could not attain anywhere else, but...
如果我不能
what if I'm unable to...
如果我没办法处理人际关系呢?
What if I'm unable to form a human connection?
如果你们清楚了今天郎娜和我
Raise your hand if you can articulate the arguments
要陈述的观点的 请举手
that Lona and I have been arguing today.
现在请举手 如果你能理解贾斯敏和戴娜的陈述
Now raise your hand if you can understand what Jasmine and Dana have been saying.
她们一年到头都是这么做的 就像我们一样
They've been doing this all year, just like us.
但她们跟我们一点都不像
But they're nothing like us.
因为她们没有选择像我们那样专注于赢得比赛要面临的压力
Because they didn't choose to focus on the pressure to win that we did.
相反 他们选择了更重要的东西
Instead they chose something more important,
交流
communicating.
明年我会很恐慌
Next year scares the shit out of me.
我不知道我最终会去哪里
I don't know where I'll end up,
或者我将做什么 或者我会成为什么
or what I'm going to do, or what I'll become.
但是现在
But as of right now...
我很高兴来到这里
I'm happy to be here.
也许这一切都是值得的
And maybe it was all worth it,
只是看看两个人进来 像机器人一样进来
just to see you two come in here and free the robots.
这样我们就不用相互交谈
So that we would stop talking at each other,
而是开始互相说话
and start talking to each other.
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢大家 结果来了
Thank you, everyone. This is it.
在2-1的决选中
In a 2-1 decision,
你们的国家冠军是
your state champions,
来自华盛顿高中的贾斯敏斯宾塞和戴娜马丁内斯
from Washington High, Jasmine Spencer and Dana Martinez.
有时我们会输
Sometimes we lose.
女士们 先生们 欢迎来到辩论社团
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Debate Club.
辩论社团的第一条规则是 你们不能谈论辩论社团
The first rule of Debate Club is, you do not talk about Debate Club.
辩论社团的第二条规则是 你们不能谈论辩论社团
The second rule of Debate Club is, you do not talk about Debate Club.
第三条规则是 如果有人喊“停”
The third rule is, if someone yells "stop",
说话顿住 或者是标签掉出来 辩论就结束
goes limp, or tags out, the debate is over.
-布拉德-皮特 -搏击社团
- Brad Pitt. - In Fight Club.
谢谢你 泰勒和坦纳
Thank you, Taylor and Tanner.
再从头说一次
Once more from the top.
辩论社团的第一条规则是 不谈论辩论社团
The first rule of Debate Club is, you do not talk about Debate Club.
妈妈 知道你在看我
I can feel you watching me, Mom.
很抱歉 为你感到兴奋
Sorry for being excited for you.
-这只是另一个舞会 -这是你最后的舞会
- It's just another dance. - It's your last dance.
这是毕业舞会
It's prom.
我知道从我生下你 你就已经长大了
I know you've been all grown up ever since I gave birth to you,
但我不想告诉你
but I hate to tell you this,
高中毕业后的生活会是一连串的失望
life after high school is just a series of disappointments.
你总是知道该说什么
You always know just what to say.
因为我爱你
'Cause I love you.
我也爱你 现在我准备好了
I love you, too. Now let me finish getting ready, please.
这一天终于来了
The day has arrived
刚从熨斗上拿下来
Fresh off the ironing board.
我的天哪 让我瞧瞧
Oh, my gosh. Let me take a look at you.
拍张照 好吗?
Take pictures, okay?
-为你还是你的竞选?-嘿
- For you or your campaign? - Hey.
很有趣 对你来说
Very funny. For you.
这是人生的一个时刻 对吧?
This is one of those life moments, right?
你要上大学四年 两年的法学院
You're going to college for four years, and two years of law school,
然后你会在20多岁的时候工作14个小时
and then you're gonna be working 14-hour days in your 20s,
所以你真的
so you really just got...
放松
Relax.
放松
Relax.
好吧
Exactly.
呃
Uh...
你要我帮你叫辆豪华轿车吗?
You want me to call a limo?
-那你可以有个司机 -不
- Then you can have a driver. - No.
-你可以在外面呆一整夜 -我不需要豪华轿车
- You could stay out all night. - I don't need a limo.
我有一辆可以用的车
I have a car that works.
我知道
I know.
我会在午夜前回家
I'll be home by midnight.
一点钟就好
One o'clock is fine.
12:30
12:30.
给你
Here you go.
恭喜你
And congratulations.
你戴红色很好看
You look good in red.
-它是深红色的 -哦 闭嘴
- It's crimson. - Oh, shut up.
恭喜你
Congratulations to you.
我一直觉得你有点像斗牛犬
I always thought you were a bit of a Bulldog.
我甚至不知道他们的吉祥物是什么
I didn't even know what their mascot was.
你要去参加那么多的足球比赛
You're gonna go to so many football games.
那么多的聚会
And so many parties.
不 不是真的
Nah, not really.
一份爆米花 一杯苏打水
One popcorn, one soda.
在今晚的电影中 你们要一些糖果吗?
And during this evening's performance will you be enjoying some candy?
当然 我们要一些里斯巧克力
Yes. We will have some Reese's Pieces, please.
-和奶味糖豆 -和大汉堡
- And Milk Duds. - And Whoppers.
-我要奇味巧克力 -还有扭扭糖
- And let me get a KitKat. - And Twizzlers.
-我还要这些 -还有一些快乐的牧场主
- Let me get the Good and Plenty. - And some Jolly Ranchers as well.
电影精选列表