-是 你不一样 -哪不一样了?
- Yeah, you're different. - Different how?
你就是不一样
You're just different.
听着 明天你将会赢得另一个奖杯
Listen, tomorrow you're gonna win another trophy
而哈佛的申请还有一周才截止
and the Harvard application isn't due for another week...
四天
Four days.
该死 四天?
Shit! Four days?
好吧 你把它写进去了吗?
Okay, well, did you write it in?
写了 朗娜斯金纳 联合主席
Yes. Lona Skinner, co-president...
赫姆洛克预科学院辩论社团
...of the Hemlock Prep Academy Debate Club.
你应该为此感到骄傲
You should be proud of that.
什么?
What?
你赢来的 你是合格的 而你是我的儿子
You earned it, and you are qualified, and you are my son.
等一下 宝贝
One second, baby.
朱莉娅拉塞尔
Julia Russell.
听着 我上周在华盛顿 我下周要去华盛顿
Listen, I was in D.C. last week. I'm going to D.C. next week,
所以你告诉那些老家伙我这周不去华盛顿
so you tell those wrinkled old bags that I am not coming to D.C. this week,
如果他们要拉屎 我就给他们每人买♥♥一块尿布
and if they lose their shit I will buy each of them a diaper.
作为第一代大学生 我知道高等教育的重要性
As a first-generation college student, I know the importance of higher education,
所以我创立了这个提供奖学金的基金会
which is why I started this foundation that hands out scholarships.
现在我要挂电♥话♥了
I'm hanging up on you now.
对不起 宝贝
Sorry, baby.
不 只是因为联合主席很可笑
No, it's just that being co-presidents is ridiculous,
-因为我跟郎娜是不可能一起工作的 -欧
- because Lona is impossible to work with. - Oh!
别在意她和她的妈妈了
Forget about her and her mother.
你只需要把注意力放在镜子里那个
You just need to focus on that good-looking dude in the mirror
即将进入耶鲁大学的帅哥身上就行了 我说的对吗?
that's getting into Yale. Am I right?
对吧?下个月 你将有资格参加国家锦标赛
Right? Next month, you'll qualify for the state tournament
你会拿到哈佛的全额奖学金 就像在赫姆洛克一样
and Harvard will give you a full ride, just like Hemlock did.
因为我们很穷
Because we're poor.
不 因为你很聪明
No. Because you're smart.
你是一个努力的人
And you're a hard worker.
你是一个超级厉害的辩手
And you're a kick-ass debater.
还有 我们很穷
And because we're poor.
我很高兴一切就快结束了
I'm just glad it'll all be over soon.
我会去哈佛 班尼特将会去耶鲁 就是这样
I'll be at Harvard and Bennett will be at Yale, and that will be that.
你说得对
You're right.
祝你今天好运 我的小甜甜
Good luck today, sweetie.
天哪 这不是运气 妈妈 这是我们必须拿到的
Oh, my God. It's not about luck, Mom. We've been through this.
这不是一项球在比赛中会随着天气的变化
This isn't a sport, where the ball drifts in and out of play
而游走的运动
depending upon the weather.
这是一个基于研究、记忆和实操的技术活动
This is a skilled event based on research, memorization and execution,
在这里 我的命运由我掌控
where I am in charge of my own destiny.
-这与运气无关 -很明显
- It's not about luck. - Obviously.
我要去喝杯咖啡冲个澡
I'm gonna go jump in the coffee and make some shower.
女士们 先生们 辩手们以及各位来宾
Ladies and gentlemen, debaters and guests
欢迎来到第51届蒙塔古经典会
welcome to the 51st Montague Classic.
第一轮比赛大约10分钟后开始
The first round will be starting in approximately ten minutes.
-艾米 -参议员
- Amy! - Senator.
参议员?拜托 别这么叫
Senator? Please! Come on.
是茱莉亚 你好吗?
You know it's Julia. How are you?
还不错
I'm really well.
我女儿是
My daughter is the co-president
赫姆洛克预科学院辩论社联合主席 所以
of the Hemlock Prep Academy Debate Club, so...
真好笑啊 联合主席?
How silly was that? Co-presidents?
好吧 我很高兴这一切马上就能解决了
Well, I'm just glad it all worked out in the end.
实际上 我不认为会解决 我觉得是郎娜应得的
Actually, I don't think it worked out. I think Lona deserved it.
这就是为什么你会成为一个了不起的母亲
And that's what makes you such a great mom.
我们都应该对我们的孩子有这种自信 对吧?
We should all feel that way about our kids, right?
不 我觉得从 她是学校
No, I think the fact that she's the school's
唯一的三次州预选赛选手这一事实来看 她才是最佳人选
only three-time state qualifier makes her the best choice.
有时候我们得按正常流程走 不是吗?
Well, sometimes we just gotta let the system work, don't we?
很高兴见到你 艾米 祝你女儿好运
It's good to see you, uh, Amy. Good luck to your daughter.
这跟运气无关 茱莉亚
It's not about luck, Julia.
你好 我是班尼特
Hello, I'm Bennett.
-你好 很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你
- Hey, nice to meet you. - Nice to meet you.
好了 时间到了 我叫扎克
All right, it's time. My name is Zach.
我是你们今天辩论的法官
I'm gonna be your judge for today's debate.
按照之前的分配
As previously assigned,
赫姆洛克预科学院是正方
Hemlock Prep is gonna be arguing for the affirmative
而西方学院则是反方
and Western for the negative.
-还有问题吗? -普林斯顿怎么样?
- Any questions? - How's Princeton?
很好 谢谢 朗娜
It's going great. Thanks, Lona.
你呢?
How are you?
我很高兴你能做出判断 而不是坐在那里
I'm just glad you're judging and not sitting over there.
好了 你起来了
All right, you're up.
还有人没准备好吗?
Is anyone not ready?
我支持大学教育的成本高于收益
I affirm the costs of a college education are outweighed by the benefits.
截至2011年 学生贷款债务和信♥用♥卡♥债务超过了一万亿美元
As of 2011, student loan debt and credit card debt topped one trillion dollars...
在前面所提到的证据中 数据表明我们
In the evidence previously mentioned, the numbers suggest that we...
所以你必须投赞成票
That is why you must vote aff.
还有人没准备好吗?
Is anyone not ready?
我否认大学教育的成本高于收益
I negate that the costs of a college education outweigh the benefits.
实际上已经成为了
...has effectively become the threshold
中产阶级和家庭收入的门槛
for middle class and family income.
1970年 近60%的高中毕业生
In 1970 almost 60% of high school graduates, um,
仍然是中学生 但这个数字直线下降
were in middle school but that number plummeted...
所以你必须投反对票
That's why you must vote neg.
我赞成赫姆洛克预科
I'm voting with the affirmative, Hemlock Prep.
还有人没准备好吗?
Is anyone not ready?
我否认大学教育的成本高于收益
I negate the costs of a college education outweigh the benefits.
第一:在经济萧条时期 大学教育是至关重要的
One: during times of economic depression college educations are vital.
考虑到经济的不确定性
Given the uncertain nature of the economy
大学教育可以起到保险的作用
a college education can function as an insurance policy.
首先 对大学学位的需求不断增加
First, the demand for college degrees is rising.
接受大学教育比以往任何时候都重要
Getting a college education is more important than ever.
可观的收益与较高的终身收益有关
...significant amount of gains associated with higher lifetime earnings.
如果人们口袋里有了更多的钱他们就可以花这笔钱
If people have more money in their pockets they're able to spend that money...
我们提供的就业报告预测 就业机会将很快增加
The labor report we provided predicts job openings will soon increase
随着婴儿潮一代不断退休
as the Baby Boomer generation continues to retire.
因此 我们应该鼓励大学毕业
Therefore, we should encourage college graduation
以确保人们有足够的可支配收入
to ensure people have enough disposable income
为国家和全球经济做出贡献
to contribute to national and global economies.
大学教育仍然是最好的选择
A college education remains the best option...
所以你必须投反对票
And that is why you must vote neg.
女士们 先生们 欢迎来到第51届年度经典
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the awards ceremony
颁奖典礼
of the 51st Annual Classic.
这些是我见过的最大的雕像
These are some of the biggest statuettes I've ever seen.
我们是特意这么做的
And we did that on purpose.
好吧 我有一个愚蠢的问题
Okay, I have a stupid question.
-没有愚蠢的问题 -只有愚蠢的人
- There are no stupid questions. - Just stupid people.
无知的 她的意思是无知的 你的问题是什么?
Uninformed. She means uninformed. What's your question?
你们辩论的时候为什么说得这么快?
Why do you talk so fast when you debate?
几年前 他们改变了规则 所以我们每轮只有8分钟
A few years back, they changed the rules so we only have eight minutes per round.
然后每个人都开始说得越来越快 从而获得更多的分数
And then everyone started speaking faster to get more points.
你提出的论点越多
The more arguments you make,
你的对手必须反驳的点也就越多
the more arguments your opponents have to respond to.
但你们不明白你们自己在说什么
But you can't understand what you're saying.
-你不能 -你可以吗?
- You can't. - You can?
没有人能做到
Nobody can.
在辩论之前 每个人都会给法官和对手发电子邮件
Everyone emails judges and opponents everything right before the debate.
每个人都看过
So everyone's reading.
这对你们所有人来说是一个很好的建议
And that's a good tip for all of you.
在辩论的时候 不要对自己的声音感到厌烦
When you're debating, don't get bored by the sound of your own voice.
要对别人的声音感到厌烦
Be bored by the other person's voice.
你们都做到了吗?
Are you guys done?
难道不应该再进行一轮辩论吗?
Shouldn't there be one more round of debates?
-那决赛怎么办呢? -这是个好问题
- What about the finals? - That's a great question.
但两名决赛选手来自同一所学校
But the last two standing are from the same school.
你们不能和自己的学校辩论
You can't debate against your own school.
-愚蠢的规则 -那么接下来怎么办呢?
- Stupid rule. - So what happens then?
电影精选列表