我爸爸甚至都不知道我在学英语
My dad doesn't even know I'm doing English.
他以为我在学经济
He thinks I'm doing economics.
关键是你想要什么
This is about what you want.
你有天赋 贾维德
You have a gift, Javed.
如果你专心于此 你可以成为一个作家
You could be a writer if you put the work in.
真的 我吗
Really? Me?
布鲁斯·斯普林斯汀不是一个浪漫
Bruce Springsteen is not some romantic,
遥不可及的人物
faraway figure
唱着浪漫 遥远的歌♥
who sings about romantic, faraway things.
他是个本地男孩 而他作品里的东西
He's a local boy, and the things he deals in
都是人们日常非常熟悉的东西
are things they recognize only too well.
他是我们中的一员
Well, he's one of us, you know.
他是新泽西州的一部分
He's part of New Jersey.
我们叫他老大 他就是老大
We call him the Boss, and he is the Boss.
有一种繁荣 比如说
There was an exuberance, let's say,
"势不可挡"
about something like "Born to Run."
歌♥曲创作似乎与一些黯淡的事情
The songwriting seems to have become more concerned
有着越来越大的联♥系♥
with rather bleak matters.
最近 我主要是想
Lately, I guess, mainly I've just tried
把它缩小到我自己的感受
to scale it down to what I feel.
现实生活的大小 你知道吗
Life sizes, you know.
我姐姐 她很小的时候就结婚了
My sister, she got married when she was really young.
我姐夫是个建筑工人
My brother-in-law was a construction worker,
之后他不再建房♥子了
and then they stopped building buildings,
你知道 当我们经济衰退的时候
you know, when we had the recession.
他们刚刚经历了很多非常困难的时期
They just went through a lot of real hard times.
你知道 他们有几个孩子
You know, they had a couple of kids.
真的很艰难
You know, that was hard to do.
我想如果说谁是英雄的话
And I guess if I had any heroes now,
应该 应该就是他们这样的人
they'd be like, you know, like them, or...
那种让这个世界持续运转下去的人
You know, people who keep the world... turning.
此歌♥献给我姐夫和姐姐
This is for my brother-in-law and my sister.
♪ 我来自山谷深处 ♪
♪ I come from down in the valley ♪
♪ 先生 那是你还很年轻 ♪
♪ Where, mister, when you're young ♪
♪ 他们把你养大 ♪
♪ They bring you up to do ♪
♪ 让你子承父业 ♪
♪ Like your daddy done ♪
♪ 我和玛丽在高中相识 ♪
♪ Me and Mary, we met in high school ♪
♪ 当时她只有17岁 ♪
♪ When she was just 17 ♪
♪ 我们驱车离开山谷 ♪
♪ We'd drive out of this valley ♪
♪ 一路来到一片葱绿的场地 ♪
♪ Down to where the fields were green ♪
♪ 我们来到河边 ♪
♪ We'd go down to the river ♪
♪ 在河中嬉戏 ♪
♪ And into the river we'd dive ♪
♪ 沿着河流漂流 ♪
♪ Oh, down to the river... ♪
-电视上的是谁 -不是谁
- Who was that on TV? - No one.
是布鲁斯·斯普林斯汀
It's Bruce Springsteen.
斯普林斯汀 犹太人吗
Springsteen? Jewish?
犹太人 不 他是美国人
Jewish? No. He's American.
你为沙先生写了那封信吗
Have you done that letter for Mr. Shah?
我会写的
I will.
你好 有什么能帮到您
Hi. Can I help you?
如果你是来投诉我妻子缝纫机的
If you've come to complain about my wife's sewing machine,
你必须理解我们必须加班以
you have to appreciate that we have taken on extra work
收支相抵
to make ends meet.
我是为这个而来的
I came about this.
别傻了
"Don't be Dumb
纳粹渣滓
NF Scum...
贾维德·可汗著
by Javed Khan"?
伊万斯先生 写作是我儿子的爱好
Mr. Evans... writing is my son's hobby.
他不是有意冒犯你的 我敢肯定
He didn't mean to offend you. I'm sure of that.
贾维德 快说对不起
Javed, say sorry.
四十♥八♥年♥前
Forty-eight years ago,
我和我的朋友们一起进军战争
I marched into war with my friends to fight
对抗纳粹党
men in swastikas.
而今天 我在卢顿的大街上看见了
Today, I see swastikas on young men
戴着纳粹党徽的年轻人
on the streets of Luton.
这是一首非常勇敢的诗 年轻人
That was a very brave poem, young man.
你得多写点 把你的意志传出去
You must write more and get your message out.
纳粹就是渣滓
NF scum indeed.
他喜欢我的诗
Wow. He liked my poem.
你为什么写这些垃圾
Why are you writing rubbish?
打扰了 你读过了吗
Excuse me. Did you read it?
-是的 -所以呢
- I did. - And?
这并不是个点评 是吧
It wasn't really a review, was it?
更像是千言万语的
It was more like a thousand words of
贴切奉承
closely argued adulation.
我知道我可以做得更好
I know I can do better.
把它们摆整齐
Set them out nicely.
-你是穆♥斯♥林♥ 是吧 -是的
- You're a Muslim, aren't you? - Yeah.
一个巴基斯坦人喜欢斯普林斯汀
A Pakistani into Springsteen?
这个话题有潜力啊
Now, that's got potential.
把开头再改改 然后我来处理
Sharpen the opening and I'll run it.
太好了
Yes!
十三捆 那就是130
Thirteen bundles. That's 130.
50便士一支 那就是65英镑
Um, 50 pence a pop. I owe you... 65 quid.
很好 下周也一样吗
Lovely. Same again for next week?
我妻子想做20捆
My wife wants 20 bundles.
我是说 那是 那
Well, I mean, that's-- that's
比她上周做的多了一倍
more than double what she did last week.
二十太多了
Twenty is too much.
雅斯敏 贾维德 你们帮帮她
Yasmeen, Javed, help her.
天哪
Blimey.
我们可以做20捆
We can do 20 bundles.
雅斯敏可以帮忙 孩子们可以帮忙
Yasmeen can help. The children can help.
我可以帮忙
I can help.
雅斯敏要工作 贾维德和莎齐亚还要上学
Yasmeen works! Javed and Shazia have studies.
我一直工作到凌晨十二点
I have been working till twelve, one
一点 太多了
in the morning. It's too much.
电费单 电♥话♥费 地方税 煤气费
Electricity bill. Telephone bill. Rates. Gas bill.
雅斯敏要结婚了 下一个就是莎齐亚
Yasmeen is getting married. Shazia will be next.
我们需要钱
We need the money.
你帮清♥真♥寺的人做的工作呢
What about all the work you do helping people at the masjid?
你为什么不让他们付钱给你
Why don't you ask them to pay you?
我不能那样做
I cannot do that.
你花时间看你买♥♥不起的房♥子
You spend time looking at houses you can't buy,
整理你朋友的抵押贷款
sort out your friends' mortgages.
你能从中得到什么
And what do you get out of that?
人们会怎么说
What will people say, huh,
如果他们认为我这么做是为了钱
if they thought I was doing it for the money?
给你
There.
所以 你们决定了没有
So... what are we doing?
-是的 -好 那就20捆
- Hm. - Right, 20 it is.
好吧 我再去拿七个
OK, I'll go and get another seven, yeah?
贾维德
Javed.
你是我唯一的儿子
You are my only son.
我需要你付出更多
I need you to do more.
但是 爸爸 外面没有工作了
But, Dad, there's no jobs out there.
我们得试试 儿子
We have to try, beta.
我的梦想是来这里为我的家人努力工作
My dream was to come here and work hard for my family.
我们现在不能放弃
We can't give up now.
对不起 老板
I'm sorry, boss.
我很抱歉 不会再发生了
I'm sorry. It's not gonna happen again.
别再这样了
Don't do it again.
-你还招人吗 -贾维德 孩子
- Have you got any jobs? - Javed, son,
没有周末的工作 没有兼♥职♥
no weekend work, no part-time,
什么也没有
nothing.
♪ 照亮今夜 ♪
♪ Well, lights out tonight ♪
♪ 羁绊于中心地带 ♪
♪ Trouble in the heartland ♪
♪ 迎面的撞击我肚痛难耐 兄弟 ♪
♪ Got a head-on collision smashing in my guts, man ♪
♪ 我陷入交叉火力的漩涡 ♪
♪ I'm caught in a crossfire ♪
♪ 对此我一无所知 ♪
♪ that I don't understand ♪
电影精选列表