"Now, could that possibly be Terry McKay, my old friend?"
结果就是
And it was.
没错
Yes, yes.
然后我跟自己说:
And then I said to myself,
「我对麦凯小姐很不礼貌」
"Well, now, I haven't been very nice to Miss McKay.
「因为我没有遵守我跟她的承诺」
"After all, I had an appointment with her one day, and I didn't keep it."
你没有遵守…
You didn't keep...
没有
No.
没有,所以我告诉自己
Well, so I said to myself,
我最近常跟自己说话
I talk to myself quite a lot these days,
我就跟自己说
I said,
「这样对待老朋友不太好吧」
"Well, that's not a very nice way to treat an old friend like Miss McKay.
「我必须跟麦凯小姐道歉」
"I must apologize to Miss McKay."
我想妳一定同意不守诺言的人应该道歉
Don't you agree when someone doesn't keep an appointment
对吧?
they should apologize, hmm?
当然,你说得对极了
Yes. Oh, yes, I think you're absolutely right.
我…我想这个人至少要说声对不起
I... Well, I think the least people could do
或表示歉意之类的
is to say they're sorry or something.
所以我到这里来
So here I am.
你真是善解人意
That's very sweet.
我也是这么想
I thought so.
我经常想起你
I've often wondered about you.
- 在想你过得如何? - 真的吗?
- And how you were. - Did you really?
当然是真的
Yes, really.
我也常常想起妳
Well, I've often thought about you, too.
妳没有因为我未现身约会地点而生气吗?
Then you weren't angry because I wasn't there?
我意思是说,妳一开始肯定很生气
I mean, you must have been at first.
呃,是的
Well, yes.
我当然很生气
Yes, yes, I was.
刚开始我很气愤
At first, I was furious.
就在想:「他不会这么对我的,他以为他是谁?」
I said, "He can't do this to me. Who does he think he is?"
妳等了多久?
Hmm. How long did you wait?
我意思是,妳等了很久吗?
I mean, did you wait long?
呃…
Well, let's...
是的,我大概一直等到…
Well, yes. Yes, I waited until about...
午夜
Midnight.
喔
Oh.
然后妳怎么办?
And then what did you do?
于是我就很生气
Well, then I got really mad. Mmm.
你可以想象站在那上面,顶着…
Well, you can imagine, standing up there on the...
对啊,在狂风暴雨里
Yes, in a thunderstorm.
在狂风暴雨里
In a thunderstorm.
那妳跟妳自己说了些什么?
Then what did you say to yourself?
我就跟自己说:「回家灌酒」
Well, then I said "Go on home and get tight."
但妳没那么做
But you didn't do that.
我没有吗?
Didn't I?
妳没有…
No. Well...
妳也许只是每个小时喝杯小酒
Maybe just a little one
这样子喝了一个月
every hour for about a month.
你在怪我吗?
Can you blame me?
我应该说没有
Oh, I should say not.
我当时至少该写封便条给妳
The least I could have done was to have sent you a note.
或许当你想到时
Well, perhaps by the time you thought of it,
并不知道如何联络我
you didn't know where to reach me.
但妳说过,要是再见面妳一定会问
But you swore if you ever saw me again you'd ask.
不对
No. No.
我记得我们约好,要是成功的话,我们会在那里见面
I remember we said that if we could make it, we'd be there.
如果其中一人没有出现
And if one of us didn't show up,
一定是有重大的理由
it would be for a darn good reason.
我们有这样说吗?
Did we say that?
是的,我们正是这么说定的
Yes, that is exactly what we said.
那么,比如是什么理由呢?
Well, like what for instance?
我希望不要再有任何问题了
So, there'll be no more questions asked, I hope?
你要抽烟吗?
Would you like a cigarette?
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢,尼基
Thank you, Nickie.
这真是太妙了
Isn't that wonderful?
我大老远来只是为了…
I walked all the way here just to...
却不能问妳为何没去帝国大厦赴约
And now I'm not even supposed to ask you why you weren't there.
这不是很奇怪吗?
Isn't it strange?
我们以前能了解彼此的想法
We used to read each other's thoughts.
一切都不同了,不是吗?
It's not the same, is it?
- 也不尽然 - 嗯
- Not quite. - Hmm.
- 看起来似乎… - 我了解
- It doesn't seem... - I know.
我不知道我怎么了,每当我…
I don't know what happens to me. Whenever I...
妳没戴结婚戒指
No wedding ring, I see.
没有
No.
- 我还以为… - 昨天晚上的那场秀?
- Well, I thought at the... - Last night, the show?
不是…他只是…
No, no. He was just...
不是的
No.
我不是有意冒犯妳
I didn't mean to offend you.
尼基,你一切还好吗?
How's everything with you, Nickie?
妳就可以问问题喔?
Oh, you can ask questions?
嗯
Mmm-hmm.
直到昨晚遇到妳前,我还以为每件事都很顺利
Well, I thought everything was fine until I saw you last night.
我那时候就知道我们之间一定还有什么
Then I knew there must be something between us,
即使那只是一次航行
even if it's only an ocean,
我已经买♥♥了一张船票
so I bought myself a ticket.
你要出远门?
Oh, you're sailing?
今晚的船
Tonight.
- 妳很快乐,对吧? - 是的
- And you're happy, aren't you? - Yes, yes.
你呢?
And you?
我不知道
I don't know.
我很担心未来,我不知道别人会怎么看我
I'm worried about the future. I don't know what people will think.
他们会说:「那神经兮兮的画家又来了」
They'll say, "There he goes, the mad painter.
「他一定有问题,他不喜欢女人」
"There's something the matter with him. He doesn't like women."
- 为什么别人会这么说呢? - 为什么?
- Why would people say that? - Why?
因为不管走到哪里
Because he sails the seven seas
他都会跟交往的女人说:
and to every woman he meets he says,
「妳会等我六个月后去约定地点吗?」
"Where will you be in six months?"
- 她们都会赴约吗? - 她们都会
- And they're there? - Everywhere.
在金字塔顶、在大教堂圆顶、在埃菲尔铁塔上
Tops of pyramids, the domes of cathedrals, the Eiffel Tower.
- 他还是会把她们捧得高高的 - 同时也让她们苦苦等待
- He still tries to keep them up high. - He keeps them waiting.
当然了,等待…
Sure. Waiting, waiting, waiting.
那这段时间他都在干嘛?
And where is he all this time?
等待
Waiting.
你不该这么做
But you can't go on like that.
于你而言,那样不对
It isn't right for you.
但我却不能指责说你是错的
I wish I could say you were wrong.
我是错过
I was once.
我们换个话题好吗?
How'd you like to change the subject?
太好了
Yes, yes, I'd love to.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas.
我差点忘了
Oh, I almost forgot.
六个月前,谁想得到
Now, six months ago, who'd have thought
我们会坐在这温暖的炉子前一起过圣诞节
we'd be spending Christmas together in front of a nice warm fire?
我带了一份礼物给妳
I brought you a present.
谢谢,很抱歉我没有为你准备礼物
Oh, thank you. I'm sorry. I don't have one for you.
我以为不会再见到你了
I didn't think I'd be seeing you.
没关系,我也没有预期会收到
That's all right. I didn't expect one.
其实这也算不上是圣诞礼物
That isn't really a Christmas present.
难怪我的信会被退回
Oh, that's why my letters came back.
我本来想寄给妳,但是一直到今天我才有妳住址
I would have sent it to you, but I didn't know your address until today.
她希望妳收下,记得吗?
She wanted you to have it, remember?
这就是我来找妳的原因…
So, well, that's the reason I...
再见,泰莉
Good-bye, Terry.
再见,尼基
Good-bye, Nickie.
知道吗?我画了妳围着披肩的样子
You know, I painted you like that with the shawl.
真希望妳能看到
I wish you could have seen it.
库伯特说那是我最好的作品
Courbet said it was one of my best.
我本来以为我会珍藏起来的
电影精选列表