你给我们判了死刑
You shot us all in the fucking head.
回头见吧
See you guys around, I guess.
再见
See you around.
我回头打给你
I'll call you later.
好
Yeah.
当你得知了
To have this,
得知了那根线的另一边有什么
this need to know what is on the other side of that line,
明白了要完成一件事的
and realizing the only way
唯一方式就是过线之后
to actually do that is to cross it,
你没有越线的人生
there's never a point in your life after that
就再也不存在了
where you haven't already crossed that line.
那是...那是...
you know, it's... it was...
那是非常可怕的一件事
It was definitely a terrifying thing.
我清楚地记得那时
I distinctly remember hearing
我能听到自己脑子里传来一遍又一遍的尖叫
that scream in my head over and over again.
那个图书管♥理♥员♥的尖叫声
Just the scream of the librarian.
我在想我都做了什么
What have I just done.
我真的感到我必须思考
I felt so confident this was gonna be what I needed.
我在想"我♥干♥了可怕的事吗"
It was this really, "Did I just do something horrible?
"我害了一个人一辈子吗" 我是不是
Did I just hurt someone forever? Did I just, um,
参与了一件可怕的事
just take part in something awful?"
你懂吗
You know?
很抱歉
You know, I'm sorry I
我最近没能来看你的比赛 我只是...
haven't been to your games lately. I just...
没关系
It's okay.
你最近状态怎么样
How's your form?
好得不得了
Never better.
新住的地方好吗
How's the new place?
挺好的
Well, it's great, you know.
非常方便 离商店很近
It's actually very convenient. It's near the shops,
离公♥司♥也很近 很便利
and close to work and everything.
我们当时是想说
We tried to say things like,
我们没想伤害任何人
"We're not gonna hurt anybody."
我们只是想吓吓她 快进快出
"We're just gonna try to scare, and get in and get out."
之后我们会报♥警♥
"We're gonna call the cops afterwards."
我们想跟她说我们不会伤害她
"We're gonna talk to her and tell her we're not gonna hurt her."
但我们伤害了她
But we did.
我们只是想
And we just tried to,
让事情过去 但是...
get past it, but there's no...
这事根本不会过去
There's no looking past it.
大半夜的
It's the middle of the fucking night.
沃伦 事情比我们想象得更糟
Warren, it's worse than we thought.
-你在说什么 -我们
- What are you talking about? - We, uh,
我们用了同一个邮箱预约了图书馆
we used the same email address to make the library appointment
和克里斯蒂拍卖♥♥行
that we used to email Christie's, man.
他们会查到邮箱 查到哈洛兰
They'll find the email, they're gonna find Halloran,
查到我 我们 我的手♥机♥号♥
find me, us, my phone number.
操
Fuck!
查斯是对的 查斯是对的 沃伦
Chas was right, man. Chas was right, Warren.
兄弟 你多虑了
Dude, you're overthinking this.
你冷静点 回去睡觉 好吗
You just gotta chill out, and go back to bed, all right?
你再这么想下去会毁了自己的
Peering that way will destroy you.
我怎么不知道
I didn't know.
吓我一跳
Get us all a flurry, come on.
-好了 -干得好
- Okay. - All right, good job.
-干得好 -生日快乐 爸
- Good job. - Happy birthday, Dad.
谢谢
Thank you.
干杯
Cheers.
我爱你
I love you.
好了
Oh. All right.
好了
Okay.
谢谢你来
Thanks for coming.
-好了 -爱你
- All right. - Love you.
等一下 先生 停下 停下
Excuse me, sir, stop. Stop right there!
停下
Stop there!
-你在逗我吗 -小混♥蛋♥
- Are you fucking kidding me? - Fucking asshole!
你就这么点本事吗
Is that all you fucking got?
来啊
Come on!
在对偷窃 共谋 盗窃大型艺术品
After pleading guilty to a robbery, conspiracy,
认罪之后
and theft of major artworks,
斯宾塞·雷哈德 艾瑞克·博苏克
Spencer Reinhard, Eric Borsuk,
查尔斯·艾伦 沃伦·利普卡
Charles Allen, and Warren Lipka
面对了他们的命运
now know their fate.
联邦法官判处他们
A federal judge sentenced
在联邦监狱服刑七年
them each to seven years at federal prison
此前他们四人密谋数月
after the four plotted for months to steal
从特兰西瓦尼亚大学特别馆藏室
millions of dollars worth of manuscripts and sketches
盗得价值数百万美元的手抄本和绘本
from Transylvania University's special collections.
你一生被教导你可有所作为
You're taught your entire life that what you do matters
你是特别的
and that you're special.
有些事会表明
And that, there are things you can point towards
会显示出你很特别
that would...which'll show that you're special,
表明你与众不同
that shows that you're different,
但在现实中 那些事根本无关紧要
when, in all reality, those things don't matter.
你没有什么特殊的
And you're not special.
所以是那个
And so, the idea that
我们正在做一件非凡的大事的念头
we were doing this extraordinary thing
吸引了我们
absolutely appealed to us.
吸引了我
Appealed to me.
回想起来
Looking back on it,
我经常在想
I've often wondered which
我记得的事是出于沃伦的想法
events I remember from Warren's point of view,
还是来自我自己的
or I remember from my own.
在当时我们
And, if it was easier
面对的情况下
to choose one over the other
选择相信一方面是不是更容易
because of what it provided for us.
我不记得在中♥央♥公园看到的那个人
I don't remember if the guy I saw in Central Park
是我亲眼看到的
was someone that I saw
还是沃伦说我看到的
or somebody that Warren told me I saw.
-好 兄弟 去吧 -好
- All right, bro. Go get 'em. - Yeah.
他的阿姆斯特丹之行
All I remember from his Amsterdam trip
我记得的只有到机场送他和接他回来
was dropping him off at the airport and picking him up.
我根本没有实质证据
I definitely don't have evidence or actual proof
证明沃伦去了阿姆斯特丹
that Warren went to Amsterdam.
多年以后 我绝对会想
Over the years, I've definitely come to think
沃伦的那个
that Warren's whole story
去阿姆斯特丹面见买♥♥家的故事
about meeting with an Amsterdam buyer,
很可能只是他自己编出来的
that, most likely, he just made the whole thing up.
我想他们只能相信我的话
I guess they just have to take my word for it.
我当时想相信一个版本的故事
There was a version of the story that I wanted to believe,
我选择相信
and, that I chose to believe.
很多时候 那是沃伦的版本
And often times, it was Warren's.
但我造成的伤害
But the pain that I caused,
对我的家庭和贝蒂·珍造成的伤害
both to my family and to BJ are,
跟我们当时体会到的冒险
were never worth the adventure that we felt at the time,
和我们渴求改变人生的心情无法等同
or the change in our life that we were craving.
我觉得他们只是想让人生更容易
I think they wanted things to come easy for them.
他们不想通过努力来改变人生
They did not want to work for a transformative experience.
他们不想通过帮助他人
They didn't want to help other people
来获得人生的转变
to achieve a transformative experience.
我发现他们十分自私
I find them all very selfish.
他们都无法理解
And I see they all have trouble
他们是怎样自私自利地
figuring out how a person crosses a line
越过法律的红线
in their own mind,
用伤害别人的方式
to be willing to hurt another person
来获得自己想要的
to get what they want.
我觉得一旦你跨过了那条红线
And I think that, once you've crossed that line,
那是很危险的
I think it's a dangerous line to cross.
我在想他们根本不知道自己为何要这么做
It makes me wonder if they really know why they did it.