剧集 | 天堂旗帜下(2022) | 导航列表
To the Prophet.
"敬爱的金伯尔教士"
"Dear President Kimball,
"我们知道天父的旨意必定使您十分忙碌"
"We write aware of how busy Heavenly Father keeps you.
"我们十分迫切地…"
We need your guidance..."
"需要你的指引"
"So desperately.
"我们的丈夫开始质疑某些法律"
"Our husbands have begun questioning some federal laws
"他们认为这些法律和摩门的教义相矛盾"
"they believe conflict with LDS teachings.
"但我们所学的教义告诉我们"
"Still, our prayers tell us that
"一个虔诚的摩♥门♥教♥徒应道遵守法律"
"a good Mormon abides the law.
"请以天父的旨意教导我们"
"Please counsel us on Heavenly Father's will.
"作为摩♥门♥教♥徒违反一个自认为和我们的"
"Is it ever right for a Mormon to break a law
"信仰相违背的法律是正当的吗"
"they feel violates our church beliefs?
-"我的丈夫…" -你确定我们要这么做吗
- My husband... " - Are we sure about this?
我觉得要 这样会有用的
I think so. I think it's really good.
是吗
Yeah?
当然
Yeah!
这 是布伦达写的
Br... Brenda wrote this.
我都能在脑海里听见她语气
I... I can hear her voice.
她跟你提起过这封信吗
Did she ever tell you about this letter?
没有 不知道从什么时候开始她…
No. At some point, she...
她不再埋怨我的兄弟们了
she stopped complaining about my brothers.
我以为她是…
I assumed she...
不想再管他们的闲事了
she'd just thrown up her hands about them.
也懒得再管我
And about me.
但…
But, uh,
她还是爱我的
she still loved me.
她看见了 你知道吗…
She... she'd see, you know, how...
我要反抗我的哥哥们有多困难
how I struggled to stand up to them.
于是她就不再提了
So she did the standing.
罗恩跟你提过这封信吗
Did Ron ever tell you about this letter?
没有
No.
不得了啊 罗宾
Holy wow, Robin.
你想让你的主持教士保释你出去
You called your stake president to get you out of jail?
这可能是我见过
May be the most saintly act of entitlement
最神圣的徇私舞弊了
I've ever witnessed.
你真的应该…
You know, you should really, um,
告诉你的搭档在这里人们将谁
tell your partner here who we regard
视作更高的权利组织 教会还是警局
as the higher authority, the church or the police.
我不用说你们也知道蔑视教会的权威
I don't have to tell you that disrespecting church authority
只会让你自己得不到救赎
puts your own salvation in the balance.
好吧 行了
Well, there's that.
最后一个问题 罗宾
If you can answer me one more question, Robin.
罗恩反对丹吗
Was Ron at war with Dan's views...
还是说他也赞同丹的想法
or was he drawn to his ideas too?
这个嘛 罗恩一直袖手旁观
Well, Ron stayed out of it until our father,
直到我们日益病重的父亲
who was getting sicker and weaker,
终于放下身段 低声下气地恳求罗恩
finally swallowed his pride, practically begged Ron
让他帮助丹回到正轨
to help bring Dan back in line.
你们必须牢记信条的第十二款
You got to remember Article of Faith 12.
"我们相信 并服从国王 总统 统治者"
"We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers,
"和地方法官"
"and magistrates in obeying, honoring,
"遵守 尊重和维护♥法♥律"
and sustaining the law."
如果被关进监狱
If you get yourself thrown in jail,
那就是对我们先知的不尊重 所以…
you're mocking our prophet. So...
这是怎么回事 罗恩
What brought this to mind, Ron?
怎么不打个招呼就来了
This unexpected visit?
我听见了主的召唤
I felt a calling from the Lord.
噢
Oh.
你确定那不是你♥爸♥在叫你吗
You sure it wasn't a calling from Dad?
《教义和圣约》里第98节 第6和第7条说
D&C 98, 6 and 7... "I the Lord justify
"我主证明你和我教会的弟兄们可以与法律为友"
"you and your brethren of my church to befriend the law,
"这是国家的宪法法律"
"which is the constitutional law of the land,
"凡是比这更多或更少的 都是邪恶的"
whatsoever is more or less than this cometh of evil."
而第16修正案显然是"更多"
And the 16th Amendment is clearly "more than"
原本的宪法 它是邪恶的
what the Constitution once was. It is evil.
在教会号♥召我们
Until the... until the church
打破法律之前…
calls us to break the law, then...
但法律不能被打破 这就是约瑟夫让我们
It can't. That is why Joseph wanted us
直接与天父对话的原因
to directly correspond with Heavenly Father,
所以 我们应该"不依他人之力获取短暂光明"
so we should "depend upon no person for borrowed light,
"应信仰圣灵"
"trusting only unto the Holy Spirit,
"永垂不朽的圣灵"
who is ever the same."
教会里可容不下
There's no place in the church
极端分子 对吧 丹
for extremes, Dan, right?
如果这能让教会变得极其好呢 罗恩
What about extremely good, Ron?
极其好怎么样呢
How about extremely good?
政♥府♥在不断改变规章条例
The government keeps changing their rules.
而我们在不忘初心 坚持
We're simply trying to sustain the rules that we started with,
天父最初制定的宪法而已
our heavenly inspired constitution.
我的意思是 这是摆脱困境
I mean, it's the only way out of this mess
实现上帝规划的唯一办法
and back to God's plan.
上帝的规划 那你的规划又是什么
God's plan? What's your plan?
让我们统统进监狱吗
Just to get us thrown in jail?
这就是你的计划吗 还是你要当上治安官
Is that your plan? Or are you gonna become sheriff
然后肆意收买♥♥陪审团 扭曲法律法规
and stack the juries and rule how you wish?
要是你真这么干 局面一定会非常尴尬
Because if you do, that's an embarrassment.
罗恩 你考虑过我们的感受吗
Ron. How do you think we feel?
我 我一直以自己难以养家而感到羞愧
I... I'm embarrassed I can barely support my family.
我希望我们都能像
I wish that we could all be as successful,
像你一样成功 可是…
as... as well off as you are, but that's...
注意你跟我说话的语气
Watch your tone with me, all right?
我很抱歉 行吧 对不起
I'm sorry. All right. I'm sorry.
我真好奇
I'm curious.
遵守这些不正当的法律
Does it help your profits
对你有好处吗
to obey these illegal laws?
-什么 -有还是没有
- What? - Yes or no?
反正你就是遵守它们了
But you follow them anyhow.
为什么呢 因为你很害怕
And why? Because you're scared.
-丹 -父亲 父亲他就要撒手人寰了
- Dan... - Dad... Dad'll be gone soon,
他能给我们留下什么呢
and what has he left us with?
拉弗蒂家过去一直在管理这个州的事务
Lafferty men used to run things in this state.
而我能预见到事情可以再度回归我们的掌控
And I've had a vision to set things back in that order.
如果你不想帮助我们
Now, if you don't want to be a part of that,
而且我们的所作所为都会让你难堪
then you should change your name
那你就应该去改姓了
if all we do is embarrass you
你要么认我们这个家 要么就去自立家门
because you're either a part of this family or you are not.
那我想你是时候离开了 罗恩
I think it might be time for you to leave, Ron.
行了 闭上嘴让我思考一下
Okay. Shut up and let me think.
我…
You know, just...
我有自己的家 也有自己的事业
I do own my own home, and I do own my own business.
你们都知道的
You all know that.
所以 是有人告诉你我的事业要不行了吗
So did someone tell you that I'm... I'm gonna lose it all?
这就是你敢这样跟我讲话的原因吗
Is that why you're speaking this way to me?
罗恩…
Ron...
你想让我在自己的兄弟们面前下不来台吗
You want to cut me down in front of my own brothers?
这就是你想要的吗
Is that what you want? - Ron.
我不是这个意思
I did not know that.
-嘿 罗恩 -不 不 不
- Just... Hey, Ron. - No, no, no.
别碰我 你让我蒙羞了
Don't touch me, man. You shame me.
我不是这个意思
I didn't know that.
罗恩 你遭受苦难是因为受到了压♥迫♥
Ron, you suffer because you're persecuted.
"因为我们的信仰"
And "persecution has rolled on our heads from time to time
"压♥迫♥如雷电般在我们头顶轰鸣"
like peals of thunder because of our religion."
是"因为我们的信仰"罗恩
"Because of our religion," Ron.
所以"从绝境中起身"
So "arise and awaken
"在绝望中醒悟"
unto your awful situation."
他们改变了我们的规定
They changed the rules on us.
但我们会让事情重回正轨
We're gonna put things back in order.
罗宾 你能一起来帮助我们的哥哥吗
Robin, will you come help me hold our brother?
你该担心他
You should afraid.
这是在你父亲与丹对质的
剧集 | 天堂旗帜下(2022) | 导航列表