It's the least I can do, seeing as he's coming to work for us.
你还不知道吗
You didn't know?
大都会博物馆给了他一份工作
The Met's offered him a job.
他不能接受的
Well, he can't take it.
他还有别的事 替我父亲工作
He's not available. He's working for my father.
塞利姆 你知道这是什么吗
Selim, do you know what this is?
卡特先生
Ah, Mr. Carter.
- 塞利姆 - 看
- Selim? - Look.
- 这是哪挖出来的 - 十四号♥沟
- Where's it from? - Trench 14.
很不错 对吧
It's rather good, isn't it?
是啊
Yes.
你觉得是什么时期的
What's the date, do you think?
根据我们发现的其他碎片来看
Tutmosis the Third,
是图特摩斯三世
judging by the other pieces we've found.
什么
What?
- 图特摩斯三世 - 是啊
- Tutmosis the Third? - Yeah.
好吧
Right.
卡特
Carter?
你在家吗
Are you home?
你好 伊芙琳
Hello, Evelyn.
抱歉 我没料到
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise.
卡特在吗
Is Carter here?
怎么了
What is it?
我父亲想见你
My father wants to see you.
- 事情很重要吗 - 其实根本没事
- Is it important? - Oh, there isn't anything really.
我也不知道为什么自己要这么做
I just didn't fancy explaining myself.
你父亲知道你在这吗
Does your father know you're here?
不知道
Not exactly.
战争期间 我一直在想你
I thought about you a lot during the war.
发生了什么
What was happening.
你是不是还好
Whether you were all right.
你写了信给爸爸 他也是让我来读的
When you sent letters to Papa, he'd let me read them.
你被军队开除了
You got dismissed from the Army.
是啊
Yes.
爸爸说是因为你太向着阿♥拉♥伯人了
Papa says it's because you sided too much with the Arabs.
你还是英国人 对吧
You are still English, aren't you?
有时候很难说
It's hard to tell sometimes.
你有座房♥子
Well, you have a house.
有燕尾服
And a dress coat.
还有只在笼子里的金丝雀
And a canary in a cage.
那没错 我肯定是英国人
Ah. Well, that settles it. I must be English.
我饿了
I'm hungry.
我们去吃吃那个
Let's try over here.
是谁教你考古的
Who taught you about the pharaohs?
我自学的
Well, I... I taught myself.
我一有空 就去挖掘场工作
When I could, I got work on dig sites.
我围着那些专家转 边看边听
I surrounded myself with experts, and I watched and listened.
- 这是什么 - 我们面前的这些
- What is this? - Well, we've a few things.
是好吃的埃及蚕豆
By far the best is ful moudamas.
豆子混着大蒜和调味料
A sort of bean with garlic and spices.
吃的时候 用一片面包盛起来 像这样
You eat it... with a piece of bread like this.
这就是他们吃了
Would this be the kind
三千年的东西吗
of thing they ate three thousand years ago?
应该是 很有可能
I imagine so. Very possible.
- 也许国王也吃 - 也许吧
- Perhaps even a king. - Perhaps.
你怎么不去你想去的地方挖呢
Why aren't you digging where you said?
因为你的父亲不允许
Because your father asked me not to.
因为我尊重他的...
And because I respect his...
他又不是专家
He's not the expert.
你才是
You are.
我为他工作
I work for him.
塞利姆说你很烦恼
Selim said that you were upset.
你看到了一副鸟的图 然后就很烦恼
You saw a picture of a bird and it upset you.
时间错了
You see, the date was wrong.
图特摩斯三世早于图塔卡门
Tutmosis the Third predates Tutankhamun.
如果我们想找图塔卡门的遗物
If we're finding relics from his reign,
那我们就找错地方了 你明白吗
then we can't be in the right spot, you see?
- 我们最希望的就是... - 调头
- The best we can hope for is... - Turn around.
什么
What?
调头 走这边
This way. Turn around.
过来
Come on.
- 你没事吧 - 没事
- Are you all right? - Yes.
- 你受伤了吗 - 天哪 卡特 我没事
- Are you hurt? - For God's sake, Carter! I'm fine.
我们得去帮助他们
We have to go and help them.
不不不 那不安全 快走
No, no, no. It's not safe. Come on.
快走
Come on!
伊芙琳在哪 你见到她了吗
Where's Evelyn? Have you seen her?
我以为她和你在一起
I thought she was with you.
她去找卡特了 说你要见他
She called for Carter, said you wanted him.
我没说这话啊
I said no such thing.
卡那封勋爵 先生...
Lord Carnarvon. Sir...
我们当时离得很远 我完全没事
We were nowhere near. I'm perfectly fine.
你一开始去那干吗
What were you doing there in the first place?
我让卡特带我去市场 仅此而已
I asked Carter to take me to the market. That's all.
对路易斯小姐撒谎 趁我不注意溜出去
Lying to Miss Lewis. Giving me the slip.
像个孩子一样
Behaving like a child.
我只是不想待在这个鬼地方
I just wanted to get out of this bloody place!
你知道这里有多无聊吗
Do you have any idea how stifling it is?
参加筵席后有舞会的宴会
With the dinner dances and
在阳台上喝酒 每天七点穿上礼服
drinks on the verandah and dressing at seven?
那不是重点 你差点就死了
That is not the point! You might have been killed.
但我没事啊
But I wasn't!
我很安全 卡特也安全
I'm safe. Carter is safe.
大家都没事
It's all all right.
等着你妈妈知道后会怎么样吧
God help us when your mother finds out.
你掉了一根头发我们就...
One hair on your head we'll be...
如果妈妈发现了 我们就得坐下一班船回家了
If Mama finds out we're all going home on the next boat.
你觉得呢
Don't you think?
所以最好还是不要让她知道
So perhaps it's better if she doesn't.
整座城市似乎一触即发
This whole country seems determined to set itself on fire.
天知道他们在想什么
God knows what they're thinking.
他们在想我们的承诺
Well, they're thinking we
一旦战争结束了 就会离开
promised to leave once the war was finished.
我们说过 如果他们帮助我们
We gave our word: if they helped us,
等战争结束了 就让他们地方自治
we'd give them home rule when it was all over.
现在都结束了 而我们还在这
Well, it IS over, and we are still here.
所以他们抵抗 暴♥乱♥ 然后爆发了
And so they protest, they riot, and they bomb.
一直以来 我都在潜移默化的逼迫他们
All the while, we are shooting them in the streets.
收起你那共♥产♥主义的同情心 好吗
Keep your damn Bolshevik sympathies to yourself, would you?
我不在乎谁炸了那里
I don't give a fig who blows up whom here
只要我的女儿安全就行
as long as my daughter's not in the thick of it.
- 你知道吗 - 当然 我很抱歉
- Do you understand me? - Of course. I'm sorry.
进来
Come in!
其他人都没事吧
Everyone else safe?
应该吧 我统计了一下
We think so. I've done a
总人数 我们的人都还在
head-count and none of our people are missing.
谢天谢地
Oh, thank God.
怎么了
What is it?
爆♥炸♥之后 有一场游♥行♥
After the bombing, there was some kind of a demonstration.
或者说 是一场暴♥乱♥
A riot, they're saying.
警方对着人群开火
The police opened fire into the crowd.
你的领班被击中了
Your foreman was shot.
他们把他抬回了家 但...
They've taken him home, but erm...
- 我去看看他 - 塞利姆
- I'll go and see him. - Selim?
你的意思是 他和这一切有关吗
Are you saying he's mixed up in all this?
我们都和这一切有关
We are all mixed up in this.
先生 先生 不允许离开这栋房♥子
Sir. Sir, you are not allowed to leave the building. Sir!
他怎么样了
How is he?
卡特先生
Mr. Carter.
节哀顺变
I'm very sorry.
你的父亲是我很好的朋友