在谷内的意外发现
incidental finds in the Valley.
陶器什么的
Pottery, or suchlike.
- 什么 - 但不包括王室陵墓
- What? - Not to a royal tomb.
王室陵墓是埃及的遗产
A royal tomb is the heritage of Egypt.
这些全部都是属于埃及的财物
It is the property of Egypt, in its entirety.
不 拉科先生 不是这样的
No, you see, Mr. Lacau, that's not the case.
土地使用权条款里说
The terms of the concession, the law,
发现的财物 应该是均分的
is that whatever is found is to be divided half and half.
是发现方和... 一直都是这样的
Between... It's always been that way.
抱歉 卡特先生 你搞错了
I'm sorry, Mr. Carter, but you are incorrect.
法律已经改了
The law has changed.
以前可能一直是这样 但现在不是了
It may have always been that way before, but not any longer.
抱歉 法律改了是什么意思 什么时候
I'm sorry, what do you mean, the law has changed? When?
六周前
Six weeks ago.
现在的情况已经很明确了 也符合法律规定
I'm afraid the situation is entirely legal and entirely clear.
王室陵墓里的所有财物
The contents of any royal tomb,
换句话说 就是所有的东西
everything here, in other words,
都归考古部门所有
is the property of the
也将一直保存在埃及
Antiquities Service and will remain in Egypt.
伊芙琳小姐 卡特先生
Lady Evelyn. Mr. Carter.
我的身家都投入了这次发掘工作中
Having sunk the greater part of my fortune into this dig,
这样就意味着我完蛋了
I expect this means I shall be ruined.
我们应该料到这一点的
We should have seen this coming.
我们都知道最近的风声
We all knew which way the wind's blowing,
就是要把英国人赶出埃及
and it's blowing the British out of Egypt.
"六周前 法律改了"
"Six weeks ago, the law changed."
他肯定很洋洋自得吧
He must be so very, very pleased with himself!
- 无♥耻♥的混♥蛋♥ - 伊芙琳
- Despicable little shit! - Evelyn!
三千年了 没有人发现过
3,000 years and no one's found it.
都没人想过会在这里
No one even thought it was here.
他被埋葬在了阿玛尔纳
He's buried in Amarna,
在一个不知名的墓穴里
he's in an unmarked grave
帝王谷都被挖空了
and the Valley's dug out.
现在什么都没了
There's nothing left.
如果不是你和卡特的坚信
Tomb would have been here for another 3,000 years
那个墓可能还要再过三千年才被发现
if you and Carter hadn't believed in it.
听我说
Now you listen to me.
你父亲是唯一一个相信我的人
Your father was the only man to believe in me.
也是唯一一个支持我的人
The only man to back me.
我欠他太多太多
I owe him everything.
我不会眼睁睁看他被击垮
And so I will not see him brought down by this.
我会把他的钱拿回来的 你知道吗
I will get his money back, do you understand me?
我会想办法的
Somehow.
伊芙琳 我向你保证 我会找到方法的
Evelyn, I promise you I will find a way.
我知道你会的 我知道
I know you will. I know.
小心 让我过去
Mind out. Let me through.
进去吧
Let's go inside.
你们也听到消息了 不太理想
Well, you've heard the news, and it's far from ideal.
但我们要继续
But we keep going.
继续下去
We all keep going.
那钱呢
What about the money?
那是我来操心的事
Let me worry about that.
好了 回去工作吧
Right. Back to work.
先生
Sir?
你要我找个买♥♥家吗
You want I should find a buyer?
暗地里找
Very quiet.
不
No.
当然不要
Absolutely not.
- 默顿先生 - 卡特先生
- Mr. Merton? - Mr. Carter.
你有空吗
Do you have a moment?
有
Yes.
或许我们可以找个安静的地方谈谈
Perhaps we should go somewhere a little quieter.
- 好 - 请
- Yes. - Please.
卡特先生 卡特先生
Mr. Carter! Mr. Carter!
告诉我 默顿先生
Tell me, Mr. Merton.
你们这些媒体到底想知道什么
What exactly is it that you press people want to know?
- 我们想知道什么吗 - 对啊
- What do we want to know? - Yes.
所有的事
Everything.
所有的事
Everything?
先生 我... 你是不是没有意识到
Sir, I... I'm not sure you realise.
现在没有一点消息
There is no information.
我们都是根据细微末节在胡乱猜测
We're all just scrabbling over scraps.
你们带出来的 发现的物品 到底是什么
What exactly are the finds that you're bringing out?
我们只看到了罐子 箱子
We've seen jars and containers.
里面是什么 为什么会在这里
What's in them? Why are they there?
那些埃及文字的意义是什么
What does the Egyptian writing mean?
人们为什么称这里为雀墓
People are calling it the Tomb of the Bird, why is that?
还有图塔卡门 他是谁
And Tutankhamun, who was he?
他是个伟大的法老 还是一个幸运的男孩
Was he a great Pharaoh, or just a boy who got lucky?
截至目前 你们发现了些什么
What have you found so far?
又想发现些什么
What are you hoping to find?
所有的事
Everything.
我们一直都在互相传谣言
Half the day we're just gossiping amongst ourselves
你们拿出来的
wondering what that fantastic
到底是什么神奇的东西
object that your chap's carrying past is.
你觉得这个报道会有人想听吗
And you think there is an appetite for this story?
卡特先生 您现在可是全世界的谈资啊
Mr. Carter. Right now, you are the talk of the world.
您可以给我一份
You could give me your
细目清单 我可以把它登在头版
laundry list and I'd put it on the front page.
这简直是神话成真啊
This is a fairytale come to life.
让我们来写报道吧
Let us write it.
只要... 让我们进去
Just... give us access.
让我们看看你所看到的东西
Let us see what you see.
不 你要知道 我没法应对媒体和镜头
No, you see, I can't be dealing with press or cameras.
太多了 会影响到发掘工作
Too much, it interferes with the dig.
就这样人群都已经失控了
The crowds are already out of control as it is.
- 但是... - 不 我想说的是
- But then... - No, what I'm suggesting here,
默顿先生 一段特殊关系
Mr. Merton, is a specific relationship.
你 就是说 泰♥晤♥士♥报♥
You, that is, the Times.
你可以进来
You get access.
我会跟你谈
I'll talk to you.
会给你展示
I'll show you.
别人都不行
No one else.
然后你就可以把这些报道
And then you can distribute
你认为合适的部分 透露给其他报社
the story to other newspapers as you see fit.
但只有你能进来 其他人不行
But it's one reporter, it's not a hundred.
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
你是说独家新闻吗
An exclusive, you mean?
- 对 - 出♥售♥独家新闻的特权吗
- Yes. - An exclusive with rights to syndicate?
在图塔卡门的墓里
On the tomb of Tutankhamun.
可以拍照 随便你怎么样
With photographs, and whatever else you choose.
这应该值点钱吧
Would that be worth something?
对于泰♥晤♥士♥报♥来说 默顿先生
To the Times, Mr. Merton?
值多少
Worth something?
够不够支持我的发掘工作呢
Would it be worth enough to fund my dig?
让我给工人们发薪水
To pay my men?
至少是一段时间吧
For a while, at least.
我... 我应该发电报给我的编辑
Well, I... I should have to cable my editor,
不过...
but, erm...
我想是可以的
Yes. I believe it would.
我喜欢你这个地方
I like this house of yours.
有一种平静祥和的气氛
Something calm and silent about it.
在我成长过程中 家里总是很闹腾
When I was growing up, home always meant noise
各种兄弟 还有碍事的小孩
and brothers and babies underfoot.
后来我出来闯荡 就爱上了安静的氛围
So when I came out here, I sort of fell in love with the silence.
可能是帝王谷的缘故
Perhaps it's the Valley.
可能大家都爱上了这里
Perhaps everyone falls in love.
这就是你以前住墓穴里的原因吗 为了安静
Is that why you used to live in your tomb? The silence?
不 比起偏好 更应该说是必须吧
No, that was more necessity than preference.
很方便
Yeah, it was convenient.