Your father was a very good friend of mine.
如果你想来跟我一起考古 很欢迎
So if you want to come and dig with me, you'll always be welcome.
- 你在干什么 - 回家
- What are you doing? - Going home.
为什么
Why?
你真的要问吗
Do you really need to ask?
我是档案管♥理♥员♥
I'm an archivist
是个历史学家 卡特 不是一个...
and a historian, Carter, not a...
我不知道 冒险家么
I don't know, an adventurer.
卡那封说得对 这个地方就要完蛋了
Carnarvon's right, this place wants to go up in flames.
我在这还有什么期待的呢
And... what is there here for me?
无论如何 纽约大都会博物馆需要我
The Met needs me in New York in any case.
但还有很多事要做 你这里的工作...
But there is so much to be done. Your work here...
去他的工作 卡特
Damn the work, Carter.
我要的是你
I wanted you.
- 玛姬... - 没事的
- Maggie... - It's all right.
我没打算说服你跟我一起走
I'm not gonna try to convince you to come with me.
我又不是傻子
I'm not a fool.
我属于这里
I belong here.
她也在这
And she's here.
我...
I...?
你真是蠢
You silly man.
你还不知道吗
Do you not even know?
当我没说吧
Whatever was I thinking?
爸爸在找你
Papa's looking for you.
结束了 对吗
It's over, isn't it?
大家都说帝王谷被挖空了
Everyone's saying the Valley's exhausted.
他们说得对
I think they're right.
我很确定
I know I am.
这是一个过程 需要时间的
It's a process, takes time.
这要花很多年
It's taken years and years
无数的钱 而我们没钱了
and thousands of pounds and we have nothing.
如果你让我去挖...
Well, if you'd let me dig where I said...
这些该死的暴♥乱♥是极限了
And these bloody riots are the last straw!
这里再也不安全了 我的女儿还在这
It's not safe here any more. My daughter's here, for God's sake.
我非常抱歉 老伙计
I'm really very sorry, old man.
不能再挖下去了 没钱了
It can't be done any more. There just isn't the money.
我自己投资
I'll fund the dig.
什么
What?!
你继续握着帝王谷
You keep the concession
土地使用权 挖掘我来出钱
to dig in the Valley and I will fund the dig.
我们找到的任何东西都归你 你不必出一分钱
Anything we find is yours. You won't have to put in a penny.
卡特 你哪来的那么多钱
Carter, where will you find thousands of pounds?
我会卖♥♥了在英国的房♥子
I'll sell my house in England.
我又不住 而且我还有存款
I'm never there and I have savings.
再给我一个季的土地使用权
Just give me the concession for one more season.
就一个季
Just one.
你确定吗
You're that certain?
就在那里
It's there.
卖♥♥了你的房♥子
Sell your house?
我会把我的一切都投进去
I will put in everything I've got.
你的土地使用权 我的钱
Your concession, my money.
你不会有什么损失
You wouldn't have anything to lose.
去你的
Damn you, man!
去你的房♥子和你的存款
Damn you and your house and your savings!
去你的慷慨解囊
And your shirt off your bloody back, I suppose?
好吧...
Well...
我绝对不允许 我让一个人没有了家
I will not have it said that I put a man out of his home.
- 但你付不起... - 不不不
- But you can't afford... - No, no, no.
再一个季度 就这样
One more season. That's it.
这一次 一切都在你的手中
This time, it's your roll of the dice.
你想挖哪就挖哪
You dig where you want.
- 再见 艾米丽小姐 - 再见
- Goodbye, Lady Emily. - Bye.
这里都要清理 明白吗
You clear it all, do you understand?
小石子 碎石块 都要清掉 都归你 明白吗
The scree, this rubble, clear them out. You clear everything. Hm?
先生
Sir.
你要转移地方吗
You're moving your dig?
戴维斯让我和詹姆斯挖这个地方...
You know, Davis had me and James digging this very spot for...
- 挖了十年 - 我知道 都上报纸了
- ten years. - I know perfectly well it's been covered.
你觉得我们漏了什么
And you think we missed something?
你可以把这里的沙子用细筛网过一遍
You could go through this sand with a fine-mesh sieve
也不会有什么新东西的
and not turn up anything new.
对了 1907年的时候我在这丢了个袖扣
Well, I lost a cufflink out there in '07.
如果你的伙计找到了 记得告诉我
If one of your chaps turns it up, do let me know.
我以为你被关在军营里
I thought you were confined to barracks.
爸爸说只要穆塔兹在我身边
Papa says I can go out as
我就能出来
long as Murtaaz here doesn't leave my side.
那你现在如愿以偿了 感觉如何
So, now you're where you should be, how does it feel?
很棒
Well, pretty good.
也很害怕
And frightening.
但我还是要谢谢你
But I think I have you to thank.
这是什么
What's this?
那是哈特谢普苏特的坟墓
That is the tomb of Queen Hatshepsut.
我们1903年清理了那里 当然都是空的
We cleared it in '03. Empty, of course.
- 她是谁 - 一位法老
- Who was she? - A pharaoh.
你不是说 只有男的才可以当法老
I thought you said only men were allowed to be pharaohs.
确实是
Indeed.
我们离开一会儿 他们也能继续做吧
I suppose they can do without us for a while.
她是图特摩斯二世的妻子
She was the wife of Tutmosis the Second.
当图特摩斯死后 他的儿子还是个婴儿
When Tutmosis died, his son was still an infant,
所以她代替了儿子掌权
so she took power in the child's place.
她是历史上第一位伟大的女性
She was the first great woman of history.
她有胡子
She has a beard.
没错
Well, yes.
有很多贵族
You see, there were plenty of nobles
不希望一名女性统治他们
who didn't want to see a woman ruling over them.
所以她说
So she said,
"我不是一名女性 我是一名法老"
"I'm not a woman. I'm a pharaoh".
然后他戴上了假胡子和其他男人的特征
And she wore a fake beard and men's regalia to help them...
让他们换一种方式看她
look the other way, as it were.
所以一个女人可以变成一个男人
So a woman can become a man?
没错
Yes.
一个十二岁的男孩能统治一个国家
And a 12-year-old boy can rule a nation.
没错
Yes.
沙子里面肯定有什么魔法
There must be some magic in the sand,
让这些不可能的事情实现
to allow all these impossible things.
这就是埃及
This is Egypt.
在这里 一切都是不同的
Everything here is different.
我知道你为什么这么爱这里了
I can see why you love it so much.
什么事都能发生
Anything... can happen.
- 这孩子来了 - 你好
- Boy is here. - Ah, hello.
充满干劲吗
Are you feeling strong?
很好
Good.
你的父亲曾是帝王谷最好的领班
Now, your father was the best foreman in the Valley.
我有种感觉 有一天 你也会和他一样
I have a feeling, one day, maybe, you will be too.
- 你想吗 - 想
- Do you want that? - Yes.
很好
Good.
你睁大眼睛 看看我们怎么做的
You keep your eyes open, watch what we do,
你能帮忙的地方 就去帮忙
and you lend a hand where you can.
从给那些人递茶开始
You can start by bringing water to those men.
有太多废物要搬了
There's just too much spoil to move.
所我想弄一台传动装置
So, I was wondering about rigging a rail line,
那种矿工用来运矿的
the type that miners use for ore carts?
军队用过它们来运一些短期货物
The Army used them for short-run cargo,
所以我想应该可以问他们借
so I imagine they've got some going a-begging.
我们应该和卢克索的副官商量
We should speak to the adjutant's office in Luxor.
还有一件事
One more thing. We don't
我们不需要一边清理一遍记录
need to catalogue all this as we go along.
先别管这些 我们回头来处理 好吗
Put it aside and we'll deal with it later, yes?
先生 先生
Sir! Sir!
你找到什么了
What have you got?
- 拿我的大刷子和泥铲来 - 好的 先生