不 卡特 他无意中发现的 和我无关
No, Carter. He found it by chance. It has nothing to do with me.
无意中发现的
Found it by chance?
我发誓 我从没透露一个字
I promise you, I never said a word.
我从没 也永远不会背叛你
I would never, ever betray you.
我得走了 对不起
I have to go. I'm sorry.
火车一个小时后就开了
The train leaves on the hour.
- 你介意我坐过去吗 - 随意
- Do you mind if I join you? - No.
我想喝一杯
I could do with a drink.
我真的很抱歉
I really am terribly sorry.
不是这样的
This isn't it.
不可能 那儿太小了 有问题
It can't be. It's too small. It's wrong.
一切都错了 不是这样的
It's all wrong. This isn't it.
如果你是异教♥徒♥的儿子
Perhaps this is all the
也许这就想建一座那样的坟墓
tomb you get if you're the son of a heretic.
他的名字写在上面
His name was down here.
不 他的名字在一张金箔纸上
No, his name was on a piece of gold foil,
随便一个汛期来临 就有可能被冲掉
which could've been washed down here during any flood season.
那张金箔只能证明他就在谷里
All that means is that he's here in the Valley.
不在这间房♥间 在别的地方
Not in this room. Somewhere else maybe but not here.
所以不是这样的
This isn't it.
你还会买♥♥土地使用权吗
Will you buy the concession?
- 卡特... - 那间愚蠢的小房♥间
- Carter... - This silly little room
不是法老的坟墓
is not the tomb of a pharaoh.
- 这... - 我得知道你有多大把握
- It's... - I have to know how sure you are.
多大把握 我已经查到他一家人从阿玛尔纳
How sure I am? I have traced his family from the exodus in Amarna
转移到了卢克索 再重新埋...
through to the colonisation at Luxor. The reburial...
不不不 不是你的推测
No, no, no. Not that, not your head.
我要的不是有理有据的推测
I don't give a damn about that.
而是你的直觉
In your heart... in your belly.
我能感觉到
I can feel it.
它就像灵药一样珍贵
Like a white elixir.
无比沉重
Incredibly heavy.
无比悠久
Incredibly ancient.
就在那
It's there.
土地使用权归你了
The concession is yours.
- 祝你好运 - 谢谢 马斯佩罗先生
- I wish you the best of fortune. - Monsieur Maspero, my thanks.
根据塞利姆绘制的坐标
We'll start with exploratory trenches every 20 yards,
我们每二十码挖一些沟槽
according to the grid system, which Selim is plotting out now.
然后每个工人一个网格
Then we allocate each worker one grid square
整个区域就分配完毕了
and we quarter the whole area in stages.
等到季末时 我希望
And by the end of the season, I want to have worked
能挖到那边的山谷
right up to the neck of the valley.
- 你打算往下挖多少 - 几英尺吧
- How far down are you going? - A couple of feet.
- 这其实是一个初探... - 爸爸
- It's essentially a scouting... - Papa.
所有我们不必...
So we don't need...
伊芙琳 去车里等着 - 但是爸爸...
Evelyn, go and wait in the car. - But, Papa...
快去
Go on now.
立正
Attention!
- 卡那封勋爵 - 是我
- Lord Carnarvon. - Yes.
很抱歉打扰你 先生
I'm sorry to trouble you, sir.
- 我是来带您去港口的 - 怎么了
- I'm here to take you to the port. - What's going on?
- 战争 先生 - 什么 这里吗
- It's war, sir. - What, here?
没错 先生 到处都在打仗
Yes, sir. Everywhere.
我要确保您的安全 带您去船上
I'm to make sure you're safe and drive you to the ship.
您需要回英国 您是卡特先生吗
You're needed in Britain. Are you Mr. Carter?
没错 是我
I am, yes.
先生 我要求您去开罗的陆军指挥部报到
Sir, I'm to ask you to report to the Army Headquarters in Cairo.
不行 我在这还有工作
I can't. I have work to do here.
先生 您正被要求
Sir. You are being asked
去开罗报到 服从参军的义务
to report to Cairo for assignment to war duties.
把这里围起来 检查他们的证件和名字
Get this lot rounded up. Check their papers and their names.
你敢 他们都是我的人
Don't you dare. These are my men.
让他们去查吧 卡特
Let the man do his job, Carter.
可以的话 我可以带你走了 先生
I can take you with me now, sir. If you wish.
好吧
Very well.
似乎没的选了
Well... not much choice, it seems.
不
No.
保持联♥系♥ 让我知道你最后能走到哪
Keep me posted. Let me know where you end up.
我会的
I will, yes.
祝您好运
Good luck.
你也是
And you.
卡特
Oh, Carter.
如果他在那 已经等了三千年了
If he's out there, he's waited 3,000 years.
他肯定能再等一会儿
I believe he can wait a while longer.
上车吧
Go on, in the car.