而且不用交房♥租
Certainly didn't have to pay rent.
我觉得很浪漫啊
Well, I thought it was rather romantic.
是啊 只有当你有钱的时候
Yes, poverty only looks romantic
贫穷才显得浪漫
when you look at it from your stately home.
如果最后...
Well, if it comes to it...
如果这场小小的冒险
If this little adventure ends up finishing us
会让我们不得不卖♥♥掉房♥子
and we have to sell the estate,
我们可以直接试试住墓洞
we'll get to try it firsthand.
对不起 我... 不会这样的
I'm sorry, I didn't... It won't come to that.
我们还背着战争债
We have war debt.
要承担后果 我们要裁员了
An entailment. We're laying off staff.
对不起
I'm sorry.
不要道歉
Don't be.
我们找到了不可思议的东西
We found something wonderful.
是啊
Yes, we did.
不要后悔 卡特
No regrets, Carter.
你还要一直叫我卡特吗
Do you really think you should still be calling me Carter?
你觉得我该叫你霍华德吗
Do you think that I should call you Howard?
是啊 我是这么想的
Well, yes. Yes I do.
不行 太可怕了
I can't, it's awful!
我的名字可怕吗 你觉得我的名字很可怕啊
My name is awful? You think my name is awful.
有一点点吧
It's a little bit awful.
抱歉
Sorry.
只是你一直都是卡特
It's just you've always been Carter.
我的卡特
My Carter.
- 好了 都弄完了 - 太好了
- That's it, all done. - Excellent.
现在我们可以打开主墓室了吧
So now we can open the burial chamber.
- 是啊 明天的第一件事 - 我等不及了
- Yes. First thing tomorrow. - I can't wait.
我觉得我们该走了
Ah, I think we should be leaving.
- 天哪 他们这是怎么回事 - 我不知道
- Jesus. Dear God, what's got into them? - I don't know.
但是我觉得 还是小心敬慎为好
But I think discretion may be the better part of valour.
好了 我们停工吧
Right, let's shut up shop.
为什么每个人都这么激动
What the bloody hell's got everyone so stirred up?
天啊 出去 对 上去 快
Ow! God! Get out! Yes, up here, quickly.
- 这边来 - 小心
- Down here! - Watch out.
到底是什么激怒了他们
What on earth set them off?
你真的不知道发生了什么吗
Do you really have no idea what's going on?
不知道
No?
"卡特的粗鲁挖掘
"Carter's blundering progress
让珍贵遗迹的命运岌岌可危"
puts the future of these priceless relics in jeopardy."
"墓穴里的宝藏
"Treasures from the tomb
被秘密送去英国"
are even now being shipped in secret to Britain."
"法老的诅咒显灵"
"The curse of the tomb revealed."
"古老的预言涉及可怕的报应"
"Ancient prophecies speak of dire retribution."
- 都是胡话 - 你干了什么
- It's all nonsense. - What did you do?
我什么都没干啊
I didn't do anything.
你跟默顿定下了协议
You struck a deal with Merton.
发掘的事 你给了泰♥晤♥士♥报♥独家新闻
You granted the Times exclusive access to the dig.
是啊 因为他们愿意出钱啊
Yes, because they're willing to pay for it.
他们会资助我们再多发掘几个月
They'll give us another month of dig time.
可能六个月吧
Six months, maybe.
你从来没有想过
Did it never cross your mind
给了一家报社独家
that to favour one newspaper,
会让全世界所有其他的报社
to the exclusion of all the others,
全都成为我们的仇家吗
would turn every other journalist in the world against us?
如果你不给他们报道 只给了泰♥晤♥士♥报♥
That if you deny them the story that you gave the Times,
其他人就会自己乱写
they will simply print their own!
"知情人士称 资助此次发掘工作的
"Sources close to the dig report that Lord Carnarvon,
卡那封勋爵
whose fortune funds the excavation,
想要把图塔卡门的木乃伊 运送回英国
intends Tutankhamun's mummy to be transported back to Britain,
并将其放在大英博物馆展出"
and to be put on display at the British Museum!"
就是这些 让那些该死的阿♥拉♥伯人暴♥乱♥
This, when the bloody Arabs are just itching for a fight.
温洛克 你能不能... 让我们单独待一会
Winlock, would you... would you kindly excuse us?
当然
Of course.
你知道这会带来什么危害吗
Do you know what damage this causes us? Causes me?
那我们就发布澄清声明
Well, we issue a correction.
发到哪 泰♥晤♥士♥报♥吗
Where? In the Times?
别人都不会发布的
No one else will print it!
现在 我们的发掘工人不敢工作
And now we have a dig crew who are afraid to work,
还有乌合之众 向我们的人丢石头
we have mobs throwing rocks at our men,
还有一封来自外♥交♥部♥的电报
and a telegram from the Foreign Office,
问我 你♥他♥妈♥在搞什么
asking what the hell I think I'm playing at.
这正是拉科想要的局面
This is exactly what Lacau wants.
我从未想过 我...
I never for a moment considered that my...
只要有点常识的人 都会想到的
Anyone with a modicum of common sense would have considered!
都会三思后行
Would have thought twice!
你怎么会如此无能
How in God's name could you be so incompetent?
- 是我找到的这个墓穴 - 你找到的墓穴
- I found this tomb. - Oh, you found the tomb?
这样你就可以玩弄媒体了吗
And that gives you the right to run roughshod over the press?
可以背着我与别人做交易吗
And to make deals behind my back?
他们是靠诚意得到的 我...
They were made in good faith. My...
这样就可以睡我女儿了吗 就凭你
Do you think that gives you licence to bed my daughter? You?
好大的胆子
How dare you?
- 我和伊芙琳... - 伊芙琳小姐
- Evelyn and I... - Lady Evelyn.
我一直在容忍♥你
I've put up with you.
为你 我一忍♥再忍♥
I've extended you every tolerance.
但你已经妨碍到了发掘工作
But you have become a liability to the excavation.
也背叛了我的信任
And you have betrayed my trust.
这绝非我的本意
That was not my intention.
阁下 伊芙琳小姐...
My Lord, Lady Evelyn...
我就跟你说清楚吧
I will make this very clear.
一清二楚
Very clear indeed.
以后 你再也不能见我女儿
You will not see my daughter again,
不能跟她说话 不能给她写信
you will not speak to her, you will not write to her,
离她远远的
you will leave her alone.
不然你就另谋高就吧
Or find yourself another position.
能让我说两句吗
Would you allow me to speak?
不为我自己 只为伊芙琳
Not for myself, for Evelyn.
先生 你的话只代表你自己
You, sir, are responsible. You.
别把话强加给我女儿
Don't you dare put words into my daughter's mouth.
我没话跟你说了
I've nothing more to say to you.
你没话跟我说了吗
You have nothing more to say?
没了
Nothing.
那我辞职
Then you have my resignation.
日安 先生
Good day, sir.
日安
Good day.