So from now on, please address any questions on Egyptian history
就问卡特先生 不要问我和妈妈
to Mr. Carter, not to me and certainly not to Mama.
卡特 借一步说话
Carter, a word, if you would.
- 来坐下 - 她都快累死我们了
- Come sit down. - She's been running us ragged.
你就做她的好伙伴 明天带她到处逛逛吧
Be a good chap and take her out tomorrow and give her a tour.
我们到了
Here we are.
他们在干吗
What are they all doing?
准备着下一辈子之类的事吧
Oh, you know. Journeying onto the next life. That sort of thing.
法老们都什么样的
What were they like, the pharaohs?
我不确定 他们都死了
I'm not sure, really. They're all dead.
有一些很好
Well... some of them were good.
仁慈聪慧
Kind and wise.
有一些就残忍♥愚昧
Some of them were cruel and foolish.
和现代人没什么区别
Not all that different from people nowadays.
我从来没见过这么美丽的东西
I've never seen anything so beautiful.
这些猫
The cats.
- 爸爸有一口猫棺材 - 是的
- Papa has a cat coffin. - Yes, he does.
你知道猫是他们的神吗
Did you know that cats were like gods to them?
他们住在寺庙里 做礼拜
They lived in the temples, they were worshipped.
迪格比死的时候 詹金斯把他埋在马厩后面
When Digby died, Jenkins just buried him behind the stables.
詹金斯肯定没把迪格比当成神 对吧
Yes, well, I bet Jenkins didn't worship Digby as a god, did he?
爸爸说所有的古墓都被盗了
Papa says all the tombs were robbed.
- 这座也被盗了吗 - 是啊
- Was this tomb robbed? - Yes, it was.
太可惜了
That's such a shame.
真希望你能找到王室坟墓
I wish you could find a royal tomb.
我也希望
So do I.
爸爸说他们可能都被找光了
Papa says perhaps they have all been found.
每个人都这么说
Well, that's what everyone says.
但你不相信 对吧
But you don't believe it, do you?
- 你为什么这么说 - 我看得出来
- What makes you say that? - I can tell.
我觉得你说得对
I think you're right.
人们总是丢东西
People lose things all
而且忘记自己把东西放在哪
the time and forget where they've put them.
所以王室坟墓也应该被忘在哪了吧
So why shouldn't a royal tomb get lost and forgotten?
你好
Hello.
埃尔顿找到的那个墓 在七...
Remember the tomb that Ayrton found in year seven...
KB55号♥ 你当时也在
erm, KB55. You were there.
Erm, 55.
我帮他分了类
I catalogued it for him.
那个墓很奇怪
It was rather strange.
棺材被打开了 名字被划掉了
The coffin was desecrated, the name was scratched out.
脸也没了 都是有意而为的
Face removed. Very deliberate.
- 有什么关系吗 - 没什么 只是...
- What's this all about? - It's nothing, really. It's just...
温洛克的杯子
Winlock's cup
我以为你解开了这个小秘密
I thought you solved that little mystery.
- 图塔卡门 记得吗 - 是啊 不...
- Tutankhamun, remember? - Yes, no. Erm...
只是... 为什么在那
It's just... why was it here?
图塔卡门是在阿玛尔纳加冕的
I mean, Tutankhamun was crowned in Amarna.
你看 这说不...
See? It just doesn't...
有些什么...
Something doesn't quite...
说不通
make sense.
你说棺材被打开了
You said the coffin was desecrated.
没错
Yes.
再见 玛姬
Bye, Maggie.
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
Hello!
有人吗
Hello?
- 皮特里教授 - 等等 我马上出来
- Professor Petrie? - Just a sec. I'll be right out.
你带了什么补给吗
Have you brought supplies?
不 我是霍华德·卡特
No. It's Howard Carter.
我以为你带了什么补给
Oh. I thought you brought supplies.
- 里面很热吧 - 我倒不介意 习惯了
- Hot in there, was it? - I don't mind the heat, used to it.
就是有一堆该死的蝙蝠屎
It's the bloody bat shit I take issue with.
闻多了就要得鼻窦炎
Gets in your sinuses
之后吃东西味道就不对了
and food doesn't taste right afterwards.
帮我拿一下那些沙丁鱼罐头吧
Oh. Hand me those sardines, would you?
- 给你 - 谢谢
- Here you are. - Thank you.
好点了
That is better.
我能帮到什么忙吗 孩子
Now... what can I do for you, my boy?
我想问问你阿玛尔纳的事
Well, erm, I wanted to ask you about Amarna.
那个鬼地方啊 当然 我们喝一杯吧
That bloody place. Of course. Er, let's have a drink.
也许你想先洗个澡
Perhaps you'd like to wash first? Hmm?
没错 你说得对
Oh, yes. I suppose you are right.
那好吧 你先自便
Ah, very well. You make yourself comfortable
- 我去... - 好的
- and... I'll erm... - Yes.
- 卡特 - 啊
- Carter? - Yes.
看到酒精了吗
See the ethyl alcohol?
看到了
Er... yes.
好的 再看看四周 应该能找到柠檬酸
Right. Now root around. You should find some citric acid.
- 找到了 - 找两个烧杯
- Yes, got it. - Ah. Get a couple of beakers.
- 把柠檬酸丢进去 - 好的
- Put the citric acid in at the bottom. - Yes.
在上面倒两到三指的酒
And then pour two or three fingers of the alcohol on top.
你会喜欢的
You'll like this.
给你
There you are.
- 天哪 - 和杜松子酒差不多
- My God. - Near as damn it... gin and tonic.
- 人都去哪了 - 什么
- So, where is everyone? - What?
他们都走了 我没走
Oh, they left. It wasn't me.
欧洲的大学
No, the university got
听多了谣言 弄得人心惶惶的
cold feet about all this nonsense in Europe
就让他们全都回伦敦了
and told them all to go back to London.
你还在这
You're still here.
这比德国人的恐吓轻松多了
It takes more than some German sabre-rattling
吓不到我这个老家伙 你说阿玛尔纳啊
to scare this old dog. Huh. Amarna, you said.
- 没错 - 打扫了很久才复原了那里
- Yes. - What a total wash-out that place turned out to be.
干了八个月还一无所获
Eight months and not a thing to show for it.
没有陶器 没有餐具
No pottery, no utensils.
没有任何的家庭用具
No domestic items of any kind whatsoever.
因为异教♥徒♥国王死后 他们都离开了
Because they all left. That was after the Heretic King died.
阿肯那顿 没错 因为他的疯狂
Akhenaten. Yes, well, his madness was the only thing
才让那些人聚在一起的
holding the place together.
沙子吹进来了 人就吹走了
The sand blew in, the people blew out
孩子 那就是阿玛尔纳的结局
and that, my boy, was the end of Amarna.
那他们去哪了
And where did they go?
他们去了卢克索 在那重新开始
Hmm? Oh, they went to Luxor. Started up again there.
所以他们搬去了新首都
So they moved their new capital...
就在帝王谷的附近
right next to the Valley of the Kings.
你回来了
You're back.
很抱歉 我不是有意要看的
I'm so sorry. I wasn't meaning to pry.
我找了55号♥的目录
I found the catalogue for
我觉得这对你会有帮助
55 and I thought it might be useful for you
- 所以我带过来了 - 非常感谢你
- so I brought it over. - Thank you very much. Very kind.
卡特 我不是故意闯进来的
Carter. Carter, I really didn't mean to intrude.
没事了
It's quite all right.
给你目录
Here's the catalogue.
- 卡特 - 嗯
- Carter. - Yes.
嗯
Yes.
你在找什么 你觉得那有什么
What are you looking for? What do you think's there?
非常感谢你给我这个 很感谢
Thank you very much for this. This is very kind of you.
下午好
Good afternoon.
下午好
Good afternoon.
现在的情况来看
The way things stand at the moment,
我得说帝王谷已经被挖遍了
I'm prepared to say the Valley is all dug out.
有什么能找到的东西 我们都找到了
Anything that was out there to find, we found it.
你的土地使用权月底就到期了
Your concession lapses at the end of this month.
还要续期吗
Are you not intending to renew?
不 我们应该换一个地方试试
No. No, I think we have to try our hand elsewhere,
我们也许还能去尼罗河三角洲
while we still can. The Nile Delta, perhaps.
你在三角洲试过了 对吧 卡那封勋爵
You had a crack at the Delta, didn't you, Lord Carnarvon?
说实话 不算什么试吧
Well, not much of a crack, to be honest.
我去那儿的时候 到处都是眼镜蛇
When I was there, it was full of cobras.