请吧 卡特先生 你可以继续了
Please, Mr. Carter. You may proceed.
我得说 非常棒
Quite brilliant, I'd say.
但说实话 我不能抢了所有功劳
But to be completely honest, I can't take all the credit.
是马斯佩罗向我推荐了卡特
It was Maspero that recommended Carter to me.
我前辈的死... 对学术界来说
My predecessor's death was a...
是一个重大的损失
great loss to scholarship.
- 多好的学者啊 - 是啊
- Such a man of letters. - Mm, indeed.
就算他那殖民者的同情
Even if his colonial sympathies
会让他有些鲁莽
sometimes led him to imprudence.
敬王室陵墓 先生们
A royal tomb, gentlemen.
- 敬王室陵墓 - 敬王室陵墓
- A royal tomb. - A royal tomb!
我们黎明开工
We begin at first light.
大都会博物馆非常慷慨
Now, the Metropolitan has been unstintingly generous,
所以我们不仅有...
so not only do we have...
我不想让谁难堪 说这是最好的团队
Well, I don't want to embarrass anyone by saying its best men,
所以我只说 把能给我的人都给了
so I will simply say its available men.
还有工具和材料会从四号♥挖掘地
We also have tools and materials being brought over
转移过来
from dig site four.
今晚就会转过来
And they will be brought over tonight.
不要碰 或者移♥动♥任何东西
Nothing is to be touched, nor moved
直到它的初始位置被记录好
until its initial position has been recorded.
哈里会给墓室拍照
Harry will take a plate of
确定东西的摆放位置
the chamber exactly as it currently stands.
最重要的步骤就是保存和修缮
Now, the most urgent steps are preservation and treatment.
每件东西都会被分配一个目录编号♥
Every item will be assigned a catalogue number.
我们占用了帝王谷十五区
We are commandeering King's
作为主要的研究室和储藏室
Valley 15 as primary laboratory and storage.
那时 哈里会拍下最后的参考照片
Harry will take a final reference plate at that point.
我们会在隔壁设立一个暗室来处理照片
And we'll set up a dark room next door for processing.
在被送去开罗博物馆前
Items will be examined,
物品会被检查 准备储藏
prepared for storage, packed and crated
打包入箱 然后摆放在那
and held there before being sent on to the Cairo Museum.
所有工人进出都要被搜身
Now, every worker will be searched coming in and going out
包括我们 先生们
and that includes us, gentlemen.
没有例外
No exceptions.
不用多说 我们发现的东西
Needless to say, what we are uncovering here
是史无前例的
is unprecedented.
我们必须很小心
We simply cannot be too careful.
走开 走开
Out of my way! Move out!
放一些牌子 拉一些绳子
Get some posts and a rope
让他们后退 知道吗
and move them back, you hear me?
- 让他们后退 - 是的
- Move them all back! - Yes, Mr. Carter.
退后 退后
Move! Move!
别上去了 太混乱了
Don't go up there, it's bloody bedlam.
你还想怎么样
What did you expect?
你发现什么了
What have you got?
看啊 我从未见过这样的东西
Look at these, I've never seen anything like them.
已经这样好几次了
Been doing that a bit.
新鲜空气进来后 起了反应
It's reacting to the fresh air coming in.
我们的呼吸
Our breath.
潮湿的空气
Humidity.
- 天哪 - 线已经风化了
- Good God. - The thread's perished.
我们可以叫实验室的人下来
We could get the laboratory chaps down here.
不行 地方不够
No, there isn't enough room.
他们离这里太远了
They're too far gone.
- 如果我们碰了... - 蜡
- If we touch them... - Wax.
石蜡
Paraffin wax.
石蜡是中性的 又稳定
It's neutral, stable.
我们融点蜡 涂上去
We melt it down, paint it on, drip it on,
再等它凝固 就可以把东西拿出去了
let it solidify, and then we lift them out.
我去拿点蜡来
I'll get some wax.
奴特被带到天空中
And Nut was lifted up into the sky
到了遮盖地球的苍穹之上
on a canopy over the earth.
她黝黑的皮肤被星星播种
Her dark skin was sown with stars
就在这个星际外 就是赛斯 奈芙蒂斯
and it was out of this union that the gods
奥西里斯和伊西斯等众神诞生的地方
Seth, Nephthys, Osiris and Isis were born.
真是个美好的故事
That's rather a beautiful story.
是啊
It is, isn't it?
当然了 后来
And then, of course, Seth
赛斯开始嫉妒他的弟弟 还杀了奥西里斯
becomes jealous of his brother and murders Osiris.
又是该隐与亚伯的故事
It's Cain and Abel all over again.
是啊 这些故事一遍又一遍重演 真是有趣
Yes, it is. Funny how the same stories come round and round.
我们要怎么跟你♥爸♥爸说
What are we going to tell your father?
说什么
About what?
我们的事啊
About us.
什么都不说
Nothing.
伊芙琳 他是我的资助人
Evelyn, he's my patron.
这只关乎... 我和你
This is just... you and me.
这边
Come through.
他们在看什么
What are they looking at?
这只是包装材料啊 他们在给包装材料拍照
It's packing materials. They're photographing packing materials.
一群蠢货 他们都不知道自己在看什么
Bloody idiots. They don't know what they're looking at.
- 卡特先生 - 怎么
- Mr. Carter. - Yes?
卡那封勋爵晚上要带宝物
Is it true that Lord Carnarvon flying treasures
飞回英国一事 是真的吗
from the tomb back to England at night?
- 什么 - 我们听说三架货机
- What? - We've heard that three cargo planes
已经被装满
have been filled and taken
并秘密从帝王谷起飞了
off in secret from the Valley of the Kings.
你们要把图塔卡门的宝藏带回英国吗
Are you taking Tutankhamun's treasures back to England?
当然不是
Of course not!
- 一派胡言 - 他们想要一个报道
- Utter nonsense! - They want a story.
而现在你刚好有世界上最精彩的报道啊
You have the best story in the world right now, you see that?
每个人都听够了战争和可怕的事
Everyone's had their fill of war and awfulness.
你找到了一个少年国王
You have a boy king,
一个遗失的坟墓 和被遗忘时期里的宝物
a lost tomb and the wonders of a forgotten age.
他们当然想跟你谈谈了
Of course they want to talk to you.
那他们得继续失望了
Well, they'll have to remain disappointed.
卡特 如果他们得不到想要的报道
Carter, if they don't get the story that they want,
就会去寻找别的报道
they'll look for another story.
任何别的报道
Any other story.
他们可能会发现那些
They might look so hard that they find
我们不愿让人发现的事 你懂了吗
one we don't want them to find, do you understand?
知道了 好吧
I see. Yes.
- 跟他们聊聊 - 好
- Talk to them. - Yes, all right!
- 他们都是普通人 - 我会努力的
- They're just people. - I'll try.
- 卡特先生 - 拉科先生
- Mr. Carter. - Mr. Lacau!
今天考古部门没说要过来啊
We weren't expecting the Service today.
我只是想直接看看你们的方法
I merely wished to observe your methods firsthand.
外面流传着几条...
There have been one or two, erm...
令人不安的谣言
shall we say, unsettling rumours.
是啊 不过你可以放心
Mm. Yes. Well, you can rest easy.
所有东西都在这里
Everything is here.
所有东西都被记录下来了
Everything is properly accounted for.
但并不是所有东西
And yet, not everything
都在送去开罗博物馆的路上
has made its way to the Cairo Museum.
你也看到了 只要文物被打包到
Well, you see, we are sending items along
可以安全运输了 就会送过去
as soon as they have been properly packed for transportation.
有些文物非常的脆弱
Some of the items are particularly delicate.
我们一边发掘 还要一边完善保存方法
We are having to develop methods of preservation as we go along.
不过 我正打算问你呢 拉科先生
But I was actually going to ask you, Mr. Lacau,
这些文物都被送到博物馆去了
of the items that we have sent along to the Museum,
但我们依然没有听到任何
we've yet to hear anything back
关于资金分配决定的消息
on decisions of distribution of the finds.
我不懂你的意思 卡特先生
Er... I don't understand, Mr. Carter.
我们发现的东西是要平分的
What we find, what finds we make, are to be divided. Equally.
当然了 博物馆可以优先挑选
The Museum of course, gets first pick,
但我们没有收到任何回执消息
but we've yet to hear anything back.
卡特先生 恐怕你误会了
Erm... Mr. Carter, I'm afraid you are very much mistaken.
没有误会什么吧
No, no mistake.
你说的这种情况只适用于...
What you describe applies to...