- How did you hurt your leg? - Car crash.
你觉得我完全做错了吧
Hmm. I expect you think I've gone about it all the wrong way.
主要是热情占了很大的比重 大人
Enthusiasm counts for a great deal, my Lord.
或许我们能用一些科学的方法
Perhaps we could apply some scientific methodology as well.
科学的方法 很好
Scientific methodology. Excellent.
我就知道你很适合这份工作
I knew you were the right chap for the job.
马斯佩罗说你是个异类
Maspero said you were a different breed.
- 是吗 - 没错 你觉得他是什么意思
- Did he? - Yes, what do you think he meant by that?
不好说
I really can't say.
他还说 你待人处事很差劲...
He also said you were terrible with people...
除非那人已经死了几千年了
unless they've been dead for 1,000 years or more.
- 是吗 - 那你怎么说
- Really? - So, what do you say?
能给我腾点时间吗
Could you spare me the time?
非常乐意
I would be most happy.
卡特先生
Mr. Carter!
卡那封勋爵 容我介绍一下路易斯小姐
Ah. Lord Carnarvon, may I present Miss. Lewis,
她来自纽约的大都会博物馆
from the Metropolitan Museum in New York.
很高兴见到你 路易斯小姐
Oh, delighted, Miss. Lewis.
拜托 叫我玛姬吧
Please, call me Maggie.
我们可是在一个民♥主♥社会
We're a hotbed of democracy, I'm afraid.
有人说 对于您这样的新手
The bush telegraph says
已经做得很不错了
you're doing rather well for a new boy.
开始还算顺利吧
Well, not a bad start, I suppose.
但问题是不管你想找什么
But the problem with finding anything at all
都会激发你的兴趣
is that it whets one's appetite.
我就问卡特先生 想找到古墓要做些什么
I was just asking Mr. Carter... what one has to do to find a tomb.
你什么意思 不可能吗
What are you saying? It's impossible?
这场盛宴 我们已经来晚了
I'm saying we've come late to the feast.
伟人的墓 王室的墓 金字塔之类的
A great tomb, a royal tomb, a pyramid or anything of that sort
就像沙漠中的灯塔
is like... a beacon in the desert,
在说"这就是埋宝藏的地方"
saying, "This is where the treasure's buried."
所以 几乎每一座伟人的古墓
So... almost every one of the great tombs was robbed
在数十年前就被盗过了
within a couple of decades of being sealed.
所以对于伟大的国王来说
So rather unwise for a great king
不该给自己建个宏伟的坟墓吧
to build himself a great tomb.
所以他们不建金字塔了
That's why they stopped building pyramids.
自从法老时代♥开♥始
No-one since the time of the pharaohs themselves
就没人见过完整的王室坟墓
has seen an intact royal tomb.
之前没意识到啊
Oh. Didn't quite realise.
我们走吧
Well, shall we?
真漂亮
I think it's beautiful.
"库努姆·赫克特·阿蒙·哈特谢普苏特
"In the sixth year of the reign of
统治的第六年
Khnum Heket Amun Hatshepsut.
希望她永远活下去"
May she live forever."
距今多少年了
How long ago was that, exactly?
3400年了
3,400 years ago.
你看 她真的活到了现在
You see, she does live forever.
我想多找点
I want to find more.
卡特
Carter.
- 你说的太过了 - 他觉得考古和玩一样
- You laid it on rather thick. - Well, he thinks it's all a lark.
在沙子里面挖一挖 就能找到宝藏
Dig in the sand and you'll find buried treasure.
告诉他真♥相♥不好吗
Don't you think it's better he knows the truth?
好吧...
Well...
我只是不知道他适不适合做这一行
I just wonder if he's cut out for this.
她的老婆很有钱
His wife's the one with the money, you know?
犹太人的财阀之类的 他就是入赘而已
Rothschild and all that. He just married into it.
简单又轻松
The quick and easy route.
有人说 他在赌桌上大肆炫耀
And people say he cuts something of a swath at the gaming tables.
你就喜欢这个吧 他和你一样 是个赌徒
I think that's what you like. That he's a gambler. Like you.
- 我从没赌过钱 - 你真的这么想的吗
- I've never gambled in my life. - Is that what you think?
卡特
Carter.
你来这里多久了
How long have you been out here now?
你需要一个正经的主顾 不是什么轻浮的贵族
You need to get a proper patron. Not some flighty aristo
等他的跛足好了 就会离你而去的
who'll be gone the moment his gammy leg feels better.
有一个好的靠山
With proper backing,
你的前途会一片光明的
you could make a very good career for yourself.
但你必须遵守规则
But you have to play the game.
如果我想参与进来 遵守规则
If I wanted to play the game,
他们还会要我吗
would they have me?
马斯佩罗跟卡那封说 我是个异类
Maspero told Carnarvon that I was a different breed.
那很好啊 说明你特立独行 比其他人更厉害
That's good. That means a breed apart, a cut above the rest.
不 这意味着"不是我们的人"
No, it means "not one of us".
至少你还是回谷里了
Well... you're back in the Valley, at least.
那是不是意味着你要住房♥子里了
Does that mean you'll be taking rooms?
这里 天哪 不 我还是会住在挖掘点
Here? Lord, no. No, no. I'll stay out at the dig site.
你不喜欢和人相处吗
You wouldn't prefer to be with people?
有时候人多了会坏事
Sometimes people just get in the way.
没错 亲亲地拿出来
Right. Gently does it.
这东西很有价值吧
Oh, wow. Ah. Isn't that something?
你发现了什么
What have you got?
不确定
Not sure.
带给玛姬
Take it to Maggie.
上面说了什么
So? What sayeth the oracle?
"Nebkheperure"
Nebkheperure.
抱歉 没听说过这个人
Sorry. Never heard of him.
工艺很精美
Er, the workmanship is outstanding.
他肯定是一个贵族
He must've been a noble of some kind.
你知道谁能解释清楚吧
You know who could tell you straightaway?
没错 但他是别人的手下了
Indeed but he's signed on with someone else.
看在上帝的份上 温洛克
Oh, for heaven's sake, Winlock.
卡特才不会在乎什么行业竞争
Carter doesn't give a damn about professional rivalry.
他只关心工作
All he cares about is the work.
我还得千辛万苦去他的洞里
Oh, now I have to slog all the way up to his cave.
没关系 我去吧
It's all right. I'll take it.
用威士忌贿赂他 我总是这么干的
Bribe him with whiskey. That's what I always do.
你在哪找到的
Where did you find it?
我们正在打扫地下的房♥间
Winlock found it near a subterranean room
温洛克在那附近找到的
that we're clearing.
那可能是个储藏室
Could've been a storeroom but our
但我们猜这是前厅 可没找到墓室
money's on tomb antechamber but we lost the tomb.
那里没什东西 就剩一些残片
Not much in there, except the usual debris.
这是最完好的了
This was one of the better pieces.
很奇怪 "Nebkheperure"
It's rather odd. Nebkheperure.
问题是 他在这干嘛
Question is... what's he doing here?
- 你认识他吗 - 当然认识
- You know who he is? - Yes, of course.
- 什么 你不认识吗 - 挖掘场没人知道
- What, you don't? - No-one on the dig knows.
我们猜是什么小官员
We're guessing minor official.
我可以告诉你 他名声不是很大
Hmm. Well... he's a little obscure. I'll give you that.
而且不是本地人
And he's not local.
但我还是很惊讶 你和温洛克居然没认出他来
Still, I'm surprised at you and Winlock for not spotting it.
"Nebkheperure"是一位法老的王位称号♥
Nebkheperure is the coronation name of the pharaoh
他被后人称为阿蒙-图特-安赫或者图塔卡门
that was known afterwards as Amun-tut-ankh... or Tutankhamun.
我记起来了 那个异教♥徒♥
Ah, I remember. The Heretic.
阿肯那顿才是异教♥徒♥ 这是他儿子
Akhenaten was the Heretic. This is his son.
印有他名字的杯子 怎么会在我们的挖掘场
What's a cup with his name on doing in our dig?
你和我想的一样
Well, your guess is as good as mine.
他的首都是阿玛尔纳 皮特里在那做了些挖掘
Amarna was his capital. Petrie did some work there, actually.
问题是 那里离这三百英里
The thing is... that's 300 miles away.
图塔卡门的杯子是怎么到这来的
So how did Tutankhamun's cup get here?
伊芙琳 这是卡特先生
Now, Evelyn, this is Mr. Carter.
卡特 这是我的女儿伊芙琳
Carter, this is my daughter Evelyn.
很高兴见到你 伊芙琳
Nice to meet you, Evelyn.
你好 卡特先生
How do you do, Mr. Carter?
卡特夫人
Mrs. Carter.
不 我不是卡特夫人 我还没结婚
No. I'm not Mrs. Carter. I'm not married.
是吗
Really?
路易斯小姐可是内行啊 伊芙琳
Miss. Lewis is a professional lady, Evelyn.
她嫁给了她的工作 而卡特是...
She's married to her work. And Carter here is erm...
我要说什么词来着 不适应家庭生活
What is the word I'm looking for? Undomesticated.
卡特先生是一位专家
Mr. Carter is an expert.
所以从现在开始 有什么埃及历史问题